Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2008 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
I've actually been rather intrigued by the reinvention of Moon Knight, and I enjoy Cable and Deadpool as well, though those are only the ones that I'm reading still running: I try and read plenty of old comic books as well. Not that it matters anyway because there aren't any comic shops where I live; I got my last comic book in July, on holiday to Boston (MA, not Lincolnshire).
Nov 21, 2008 12:53 PM
Jul 2007
Zyro said:
I came into Fables late too, luckily I was lent the trades and I'm almost completely caught up now. But yeah, I'm really loving it, glad to see there's another Fables fan here ^^

I think I'm at 28 but I'm still working on it!
Nov 22, 2008 6:08 PM

Mar 2008
still reading:
100 Bullets
Hack/Slash
Ronin
Halo Jones
Hitman
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Walking Dead
V for Vendetta
Y: The Last Man
Powers
DMZ
The Exterminator
Wolverine
Grimm Fairy Tales
Albion
Fear Agent
I am a slow reader lol I will start reading and then stop for a while lol

Finished comics:
Hellshock
Maus
Top 10
Transmetropolitan( one of my favorite comics)
I have finished more but those are the ones I finished in the last few weeks
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Nov 24, 2008 2:16 AM

May 2007
I just got caught up with Fables, issue 78
I hate World of Warcraft

Nov 26, 2008 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
100 Bullets
Fables
The Goon
Dec 22, 2008 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
I am reading

dc:Batman,Harley Quinn, green lantern, green lantern corps, wonder woman, JLA, action comics, detective comics

marvel:new avengers, young xmen, x-force, x-factor, ultimate xmen,astonishing xmen, runaways, the amazing spidergirl

misc:the walking dead, cthulhu tales
Jan 5, 2009 8:40 PM
Jun 2008
Reading Starman.
Jan 9, 2009 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
I'm reading the Runaways.
Jan 18, 2009 10:23 PM
Jun 2008
Finished Starman. Reading Justice League International.
Jan 19, 2009 10:13 AM

Dec 2007
Dada said:
Finished Starman. Reading Justice League International.

Good taste. Starman is absolutely brilliant. I want the Omnibus releases that are coming out right now.

After you finish JLI, you should read Morrison's JLA. Its even better--though admittedly not quite as funny. :D

I'm in and out in regards to American comics, but I mostly read most of DC's series and Marvel if it pertains to the Civil War or the Runaways.

Other than that, currently working through Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis and the eighth season of Buffy

Transmet is excellent work. I loved it when I read it a few years back.

Also...Civil War? Didn't that series end back in 06 or so? Even the CW stat quo is pretty much over now that Secret Invasion has come out and they're into the "Dark Reign".
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 20, 2009 2:19 AM

Feb 2007
I'm currently reading X-Infernus, I believe there are going to be 4 issues. It's really great, I recommend it to every X-Men fan out there.
Jan 22, 2009 2:12 PM

May 2007
Noir said:
I'm currently reading X-Infernus, I believe there are going to be 4 issues. It's really great, I recommend it to every X-Men fan out there.

I started reading it, read the first issue and part of the second but I didn't really enjoy it. Just curious, what are you enjoying about it?
I hate World of Warcraft

Feb 11, 2009 12:44 AM

Feb 2007
I think Magik is a cool character, and this mini-seris revolves around her. The first issue builds om some mysterie, I want to know where Doctor Strange is! And well, Kurst get's sliced up pretty good, haha.

Anyway, I think it's cooler that one of the other mini-series I'm following King Breaker.
Oct 13, 2009 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
Marvel: Deadpool, Dark Avengers, Punisher, Hulk, and New Avengers!

DC: BATMAN!!!

Image: Spawn, Savage Dragon

Thats all.....FOR NOW!!!
Im Atheist and there is no problem with that!!!

Dec 29, 2009 6:03 PM

Feb 2008
currently reading anything on Wolverine..
The orgins and Dark Wolvie. Still waiting for Oldman Logan from my library~
Jan 6, 2010 6:19 AM

Jun 2008
I'm reading The Darkness. Thought it looked cool, but it's crap!

"Yataaa!"
Jan 24, 2010 10:15 PM
Jun 2009
Im at the moment trying to read Nightwing but I keep getting to the cross over chapters which after reading leave me confused because the next chapter has nothing to do with the last one and I feel like I just missed something huge. I just finish the Last Laugh story arc which was good but was kind of hard to follow. I guess Im trying to read all of the Batman themed comic because I have the Batman RIP and Battle for the Cowl arcs but I read like the first two in RIP and got very confused.

BTW I didnt know Dick was a playboy. Although I think he should end up with Starfire.
Mar 31, 2010 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
gorazilla said:
I'm reading The Darkness. Thought it looked cool, but it's crap!
I love the sense of humour in The Darkness.

I'm reading The Darkness now, while I can't read more Walking Dead.
I plan to soon do with Batman the same I did with Ghost Rider, read everything: 1st issue til today. Counting w/ the first comical comics :D

Apr 3, 2010 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
Just read the one-shot Cairo, it was pretty decent for the type of story it was but I didn't really think it really fit in all that well with the Vertigo line, not quite pushing the envelope enough like their other series do. But that's just me, still good though.

Also read the one-shot Shortcomings and it was a fairly good drama/romance comic. Actually I can't really say because this was the first comic of that sort of genre that I tried to read and I liked it so I might try a couple more of them, I don't know.

Just got my hands on a copy of Enigma, it looks awesome and I've heard some really good things so I'm probably going to read it tonight.

As for series:
Finally got caught up on the new Moonknight, I was really behind for a while. I like the direction they're taking it, it's not the same Moonknight I read as a kid, the second series, but it's got great art and it's incredibly more mature/violent so I do enjoy it. Hopefully it keeps up. Also trying to get back caught up with The Darkness, I've got a while but I'm trying to perservere.
May 13, 2010 10:44 PM

Apr 2009
Judge Dredd is my favorite comic, still running weekly in 2000AD and monthly in the Judge Dredd Megazine. In the future city Mega-City One... he is the law!

Also a big fan of Savage Dragon, Invincible, Conan the Cimmerian, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight, and some others.

And of course, there's plenty of oldschool classic stuff I love. (Batman: Year One, Sin City, Lobo, etc).
May 24, 2010 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
For now... Martin Mystère!

The Darkness was OK in the end. I would give it a 7.

Jun 6, 2010 12:19 PM

Jul 2008
I've been enjoying the Darkness, it can be a little over the top at times but for the most part I find it quite fun and enjoyable.

Just read Civil War ... yeah ... mediocre in my opinion. I always love the superhero smackdowns but this one just didn't really do it for me. Maybe next time.
Jun 8, 2010 12:24 PM

Jun 2008
Reading The Walking Dead, and seriously...
... Wow!

"Yataaa!"
Jun 10, 2010 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
Walking Dead is freaking amazing, have you heard that AMC is working on a film/mini-series adaptation of it? The zombies that they have pics of on the web look absolutely stunning and true to the style of the comic.
Jun 12, 2010 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah! It looks totally amazing! I was already searching youtube for a trailer or something, but I guess it's still too early.
Can't wait though!

"Yataaa!"
Aug 12, 2010 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
DC = Batman & Robin, Red Robin (favorite of the monthly load), Brightest Day, Birds of Prey, Flash.

Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, 1 of only 3 series to survive the bastardizations of 616 caused by Marvel's last 3 events.

Archaia: Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard.
Sep 23, 2011 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
Reading a lot of random ones, getting caught up on what I've missed, open to suggestions too, btw:

Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising
Darkminds
Blood Nation
Drone
Orbital
Ender's Game
Secret Six
Hotwire
FreakAngels
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
xMatronxMalicexSep 23, 2011 4:22 PM
Sep 25, 2011 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
What I am reading monthly has changed since I last posted on here.

Detective Comics
Batman and Robin
Batman
Batwoman
Batgirl
Nightwing
Teen Titans
Justice League
Invincible
Walking Dead
Fables
Sep 27, 2011 7:13 AM

Jul 2008
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman And Robin
Batman Inc
Nightwing
Teen Titans
Batgirl
Justice League
Deathstroke.

Uncanny X-Men (and Wolverines as soon as it's out)
Captain America
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers / New Avengers

This reminded me that I want more All Star Batman and Robin :(
Dec 11, 2011 4:32 AM
May 2010
Still catching up on the long-lasting comic book escapades of the only superhero whose comic I solely follow, the amazing web-slinging arachnid, now arriving at the '90s. Currently reading up to:
- The Amazing Spider-Man Vol.1 #339
- The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #167
- Web of Spider-Man Vol. 1 #66

Didn't really bother with the "Adjectiveless Spider-Man" yet, though, as the first five issues stink.
Jul 25, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
i've been reading sweet tooth. it's really interesting and i like the art a lot. i also picked up batman: year one and will be reading it soon.
Jul 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
About to read Wanted by Mark Millar. Figured it'll be a pretty good introduction into the world of comics since its short. after that I'll be reading some Alan Moore stuff.
Dec 13, 2012 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
I started comics with DC's new 52 and the amazing spider-man, have now branched further into marvel with Marvel NOW!

Currently reading:

DC: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Batman and Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Birds of Prey, Detective Comics, Earth 2, Flash, Green lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Justice League, Nightwing, Ravagers, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Suicide Squad, Superboy, Supergirl, Superman, Sword of Sorcery, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman

Marvel: All-New X-Men, Avengers, Avengers Arena, Avengers Assemble, Cable and X-Force, Captain America, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, FF, Indestructible Hulk, Iron Man, Journey Into Mystery, Red She-Hulk, Scarlet Spider, Thor: God of Thunder, Thunderbolts, Uncanny Avengers

Titles I'm Losing
Marvel: The Amazing Spider-Man. stupid idea to end this imo.

Future pick ups:

DC; Katana, Justice League of America

Marvel: Daredevil, Morbius: The Living Vampire, New Avengers, Savage Wolverine, Secret Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, Young Avengers
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is there a site like MAL for comics?

lastdavid - Nov 21, 2009

5 by Kamey »»
Jul 13, 2017 7:41 AM

» What was your first series?

770312 - May 12, 2009

23 by JDarkly »»
Mar 2, 2016 10:45 AM

» Favorite Comic Book Character? ( 1 2 )

SageShinigami - Mar 25, 2008

55 by JDarkly »»
Mar 2, 2016 8:41 AM

» read comics online

ahmed10 - Aug 7, 2010

13 by GoatPsychoDrama »»
Nov 20, 2015 5:21 AM

» Favorite Writer and Artist

SageShinigami - Jul 13, 2008

14 by kanaryia »»
Oct 14, 2015 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.