Forum Settings
Forums

Anime fans have the attention span of goldfish?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Dec 2008
It's a fact-most anime fans have less smarts than the intelligence of a cockroach.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 20, 2018 8:12 PM
Mar 2013
Not just anime fans, people in general -probably because of technology- want everything faster, you hear the same thing in video games where they want it to just "skip to the good parts" and everything that stands in the way should be cut off, leveling is hated by many gamers now, they also want fast travel to be available everywhere, same attitude can be seen in movies and irl when a class or a lecture takes too long according to said people

I haven't watched those two anime personally but, my general stance is: I don't mind dialogue heavy shows if the dialogue is actually interesting, like in Steins;gate I never got bored of the exchanges, and I find "The Green Mile" movie to be great even though it was dialogue heavy without too much action iirc. If the anime itself was boring or uninteresting then I can see slow pace adding to that problem

I didn't mind the old One Piece's slow pace much because I found the episodes very entertaining, the comedy the drama the hype and the memorable dialogue, but post time skip One Piece I have a different opinion of, it feels there's no pay off for that snail pace and even some of the canon parts feel like pointless filler overall because they're not that funny nor do they add much to the characters and plot imo

Another example: I found the beginning of HxH 1999 actually good for building the world and introducing the characters, I like that part about almost any shounen, seeing characters grow is a feat and will probably make me care more about them and enjoy their development more

Tl;Dr I don't mind slow pace as long as the show itself is interesting
Chigo_SenseiSep 20, 2018 8:28 PM
Sep 20, 2018 8:19 PM

Dec 2015
Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that plenty of anime-watchers here have short attention spans, which is not limited to pacing either. I know several fans that simply think shows without excessive action or fanservice are "boring." Seriously, I am sick of anime catering to these type of viewers, it results in an overall quality drop throughout the entire industry. With conditions like these, we'll never see another LOGH.
Jan 10, 2019 1:01 AM

Dec 2015
zrdb said:
It's a fact-most anime fans have less smarts than the intelligence of a cockroach.

Sick burn.......................
Jan 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't say all do-but people who think that shonen shit like One Piece Of Shit, Nucrapo, etc. are the greatest shows ever made fall into that catagory
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 10, 2019 2:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
if all it takes for someone to lose concentration is a pair of boobs, then yes i agree
Jan 10, 2019 2:59 PM
Sep 2018
Aquamirror said:
These shows are boring trash, not like Naruto.
satire, sarcasm or just your opinion
Jan 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2015
A lot of anime are really fast paced, and I think people get used to that. I don't consider myself someone with a great attention span, but nevertheless I loved Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I think even that wasn't all that slow paced, people just expect stuff to be crazy fast.
Jan 10, 2019 7:33 PM

May 2009
I think the practice of trying to keep up with the anime fandom conversation by watching current-season stuff is partly to blame.

Given suddenly a giant boatload of shows to pick from, and not much time to do it, yet you have to be able to say you know something about a good lot of them, the only way you really can deal with it is to try to tighten your preferences and reject a lot of things quickly just because they don't really entertain you that much that fast.

The downside of this is that a lot of things with slower pacing more often get overlooked.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 19, 2019 11:56 AM
Nov 2018
Goldfish is one of the greatest things in anime history, it's just straight-out great.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

122 by Semester1 »»
2 minutes ago

» Love live

Vapor_AU - 2 hours ago

20 by MasterTasuke »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime which quality considerably decreased with production of new series

Shabo-kun - 2 hours ago

5 by S4N »»
20 minutes ago

» Who is the greatest anime bro of all time?

SgtBateMan - 36 minutes ago

0 by SgtBateMan »»
36 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

16 by Dumb »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.