Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2018 5:30 AM

Jun 2011
There are some scenes in the movie that recall past Ghibli films such as Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away, I know it's the same animator but still, the staff should try something new. Not ripping off old Ghibli films.

Mary was a kind of a bratty bitch, for example, she is always whining about Peter because of just one insult he did to her and even lied about how great her day was, maybe for filler? I mean, Mary could've just been a little bit nicer instead of being written out as the typical bratty child. And then when she hears Peter's in trouble, she starts caring for him, the development of their relationship feels shallow and cliched, it is seen in many animated films where a character starts off insulting another character and then they become the best of friends.

Why would Mary even feed a cat milk? I thought milk was bad for cats? Does she not know how to take care of one? And did that bitch just steal Peter's cats to make them her family?

Overall, this film is childish and predictable with the only positive things being the fantastical elements, the opening scene, and the action.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
I agree.

The film tried too hard to be Ghibli film. As a result, everything was shallow and uninspired. Nothing had good development. We got a good chunk of time dedicated to seeing the school, but it never played a big role in the film itself.

Honestly, everything went by so fast that it felt more like a short film than a feature film... And not in a good way.

I'd still give it a 6/10 for a good score and good animation, and worth seeing once. Still not the Ghibli-hit we were looking for.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mary to Majo no Hana Episode 1 Discussion

Kisaragi - Jul 8, 2017

46 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 23, 2023 2:38 PM

» Why the low score, relatively speaking?

raspberris - Jan 18, 2018

28 by aku_mado »»
May 29, 2022 5:26 PM

» Framerate "problems"

TetsuoXIII - Apr 12, 2019

3 by Rei_III »»
Jun 5, 2019 11:04 PM

» DVD and Blu-Ray release date.

Katsu-kun - Jul 22, 2017

1 by kamigawa »»
Jan 4, 2018 2:13 PM

» This seems too much like a Ghibli film

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Jul 3, 2017

20 by Nuiva »»
Jul 12, 2017 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.