Forum Settings
Forums

What perspective do you use watch your anime?

New
Dec 29, 2017 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
For me honestly, I watch my anime in an enjoyable perspective. In which, I watch anime for the sake of entertainment or enjoyment.
Dec 29, 2017 7:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
at first i like.. wtf are you asking lol?

what is more important than enjoyment? is there anything else that matters?
Dec 29, 2017 7:48 PM

May 2015
I watch anime in an anime watching perspective. ^_^
Dec 29, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
Care to elaborate on the question a little bit?

What I mean is "what point of view do you watch anime?" whether you criticize anime or do you just enjoy anime in general

EcchiKingMamster said:
at first i like.. wtf are you asking lol?

what is more important than enjoyment? is there anything else that matters?

well i don't think some people watch anime for just entertainment, unlike me, probably because i've seen some people criticizing anime than to enjoy watching it
Dec 29, 2017 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
I mainly watch anime for entertainement. Althought sometimes I can force myself to watch an anime for the culture aspect. I did that for Evangelion (which I ended up enjoying a lot) and Dragon Ball.
"I’m not going there to die; I’m going to find out if I’m really alive."
Dec 29, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
MisterKusanagi said:

What I mean is "what point of view do you watch anime?" whether you criticize anime or do you just enjoy anime in general.
What makes you think those things are mutually exclusive?

Well I watch anime with focusing on the enjoyment part and the criticize later on. But I think some people are focused on criticizing anime much more than to enjoy it.
Dec 29, 2017 8:14 PM

Sep 2016
MisterKusanagi said:
Darek said:
Care to elaborate on the question a little bit?

What I mean is "what point of view do you watch anime?" whether you criticize anime or do you just enjoy anime in general

I'm firmly rooted in the camp of watching anime for entertainment.
Depending on the anime, what entertains me can differ.
Sometimes I'm entertained by the cute girls, sometimes I'm entertained by the feels a show gives me, sometimes I'm entertained by the world/setting of the show, etc.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Dec 29, 2017 8:22 PM

Apr 2017
Cause it's "FUN"

FUN things are FUN

"You only watch the show for FUN"

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 29, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2007
I hope I'm understanding your question and answering correctly, but I try to watch (at least in the beginning) an anime in a 'neutral' perspective. By that I mean I try to go in with no preconceived notions of how I might like/dislike it, unless it's something I'm SUPER into and can't help but get hyped about. After reading reviews from people I trust, I might get very interested in a show but try to always leave the possibility for disappointment or finding out it's just 'not for me' on the table.

EDIT: I guess my understanding was probably wrong? I try to balance criticism with enjoyment but enjoyment is definitely a bit more of a priority for me.
Dec 29, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2015
i don't have a certain mode of perspective. it fluctuates between different shows, episodes, and scenes.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 29, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
MisterKusanagi said:
Well I watch anime with focusing on the enjoyment part and the criticize later on. But I think some people are focused on criticizing anime much more than to enjoy it.
You think? That's cute.

Now, yet again, critizing can also be entertaining to some. Entertainment is not limited to shallow and surface level sorts of enjoyment. Which also, the idea of watching anime for entertainment is a bit stupid, of course you mongrels most people will watch anime for that, some people just think of entertainment in a different way.

And I am just asking on your perspective on whether you're criticize-heavy or a type of person who just watch it because its fun or enjoyable.
Dec 29, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
JG_Wezz said:
I hope I'm understanding your question and answering correctly, but I try to watch (at least in the beginning) an anime in a 'neutral' perspective. By that I mean I try to go in with no preconceived notions of how I might like/dislike it, unless it's something I'm SUPER into and can't help but get hyped about. After reading reviews from people I trust, I might get very interested in a show but try to always leave the possibility for disappointment or finding out it's just 'not for me' on the table.

EDIT: I guess my understanding was probably wrong? I try to balance criticism with enjoyment but enjoyment is definitely a bit more of a priority for me.

Actually, your understanding was right.

Dec 29, 2017 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
For its entertainment purposes. What else should it be?

jk. I sometimes watch for the "plot" huehuehue
Hehe Happy New YEar! :D
Dec 29, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2017
Oh, I watch anime with keen eyes on details that are more than just what they seem to be.

For example, I love how in Koe no Katachi Shouya fails to grab Shouko when she leaps into the river back when he still fails to grasp how much hurt he caused Shouko. In turn, when Shouya slid off a slope, Shouko fails to grab him. Now, it’s Shouko’s turn to fail to catch Shouya’s sincere effort to connect with her, to let her know she's not a burden at a time when she thinks she is a burden to everyone she loves. And the third time's the charm. Shouya reached Shouko. Literally. Figuratively. Finally.

I love noticing how Kumiko's hairstyle in Hibike! Euphonium tells a story. The first season was about Kumiko's growth from a distant person who never really tries hard too much for fear of finding out that she may not as good as she thinks she is, to a person who now takes things seriously and is willing to try her damnedest to be better. She goes from uncaring and aloof, exemplified by her flabbergasted reaction in S01E01 when Reina said dud gold wasn't good enough, to her finally understanding why Reina was so upset over that in S01E12 when she was trying to improve herself and yet her efforts were thrown in her face. Her hairstyle the first episode was a ponytail as she pins for a new start. Her sister then calls her out saying "You even wore a ponytail. You're trying too hard on your first day." And she never wore a ponytail ever again, except in flashbacks, even in Sunfest Festival, up until S01E13, after the events of S01E12. You could argue that of course she did, they were competing, but then I raise you the Sunfest Festival.

I love this quote:

“In the good mystery there is nothing wasted, no sentence, no word that is not significant. And even if it is not significant, it has the potential to be so - which amounts to the same thing. The world of the book comes to life, seething with possibilities, with secrets and contradictions. Since everything seen or said, even the slightest, most trivial thing, can bear a connection to the outcome of the story, nothing must be overlooked. Everything becomes essence; the center of the book shifts with each event that propels it forward. The center, then, is everywhere, and no circumference can be drawn until the book has come to its end.”

― Paul Auster, The New York Trilogy

and use it to explain why I love the world-building aspect of Log Horizon.

I dislike Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul but I love how this moment:

that slight tightening of the fist, aptly sum up his total surrender to the destiny he was shaped for, he was reared for, all in a single, easy to miss moment, without any need for words.

I live and breathe in the details.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Dec 29, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
I prefer the display ca. on my eye sight level. That's a great perspective. ^^
Dec 29, 2017 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
I watch from both a critical and enjoyment perspective. Like there can be something I enjoy a lot even though critically it's average or flat out not good. I take both perspectives into account when giving ratings though the critical aspect doesn't really influence how much I like it.
Dec 29, 2017 8:54 PM
Feb 2016
That's really hard to answer. To me, I would say like everyone else, for enjoyment. I usually watch the 1st episode of the Anime series to decide whether to keep watching or not and if I find what I'm looking for, then watch it till the end.
Dec 29, 2017 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
MisterKusanagi said:

And I am just asking on your perspective on whether you're criticize-heavy or a type of person who just watch it because its fun or enjoyable.
You still keep acting as if it was only one or the other when it simply is not mutually exclusive.

Because there are some people who just enjoy shows without criticizing them.
Dec 29, 2017 10:13 PM

Aug 2016
I look at things from a balanced perspective. I enjoy picking through the finer details, but when I can feel the raw passion that went into the production of the anime in question, I sometimes find myself happily playing along and enjoying myself even if the plot is kind of a mess.
Dec 29, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2015
I think it's not a matter of preference since most anime are presented in either first person POV or third person POV. Back to what OP wants to really address, I don't really criticize series, I just enjoy it as I watch it you could say... Also, will fap when the time is right.
Dec 29, 2017 10:38 PM
Oct 2015
I prefer to look directly at the screen. It's hard to see what's going on otherwise.
Dec 30, 2017 12:52 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I go in expecting nothing but with the desire to get entertained and perhaps learn a few new things about whatever topic the show is tackling.
I'll eventually give it a rating based on how much I've enjoyed it and whether it's been able to change my view on something, or if I've learned something about a topic I didn't know much about before.
Dec 30, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2017
Depends on my mood and the constellation of the stars.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.

More topics from this board

» Do you find modern disclaimers to be annoying?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

2 by Serafos »»
6 seconds ago

» Does your waifu have 1st world problems?

Catalano - Sep 18

12 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago

» Which upcoming anime are you most excited about and why?

KyanBun - Yesterday

32 by Saku33 »»
17 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

66 by Jackson1333 »»
18 minutes ago

» What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers?

Reshiram_IX - 6 hours ago

23 by TsutanaiFuun »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.