Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2017 8:51 AM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Reading this because I liked Sundome a lot, but thought it had some problems in pacing and exploration/development of characters aside from Aiba(aka Kurumi not being explored much and supporting characters not being looked into much until the end). We seem to be given both characters perspectives already in this and have started to learn about both of them within one chapter so that's a very good sign. Okada's art still lookin as fantastic as ever with Madoka's faces. Looking forward to reading more.
Oct 18, 2020 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
This is my second re-read of Ibitsu so I'll be covering it with that outlook.

Right off the bat I'm surprised how well the start compliments the end.
The whole main theme with the dolls in this comes to no surprise to me. Okada seemed to hint in that direction even with Sundome, as he had a doll in the very first volume cover of that one but quickly dropped it afterwards maybe shying away duo to no way to insert that idea into the story.

Beside that, this is a much stronger start than Okada's previous work (Sundome) and the art has greatly improved too. A big reason why I couldn't really get into Sundome was that I just couldn't relate to the cast as they felt more like caricatures than people. So I do prefer the two main leads in here than any duo from any other Okada work. For the first chapter, their backdrops were layered very well and we got to know more about Madoka in one chapter than we ever did for Sahana throughout her whole series.

Aside from all of that, personally, I feel like Kakeguchi didn't group Madoka in the train and that she simply misunderstood the whole situation. Either way both seem messed up as the title of the story fittingly hints at.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 63 Discussion

HikkiHikki - Sep 12, 2016

38 by TrampMachine »»
Sep 1, 2022 12:09 AM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 18, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Oct 18, 2020 2:07 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 54 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

1 by CRYPTsakura »»
Nov 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 52 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

0 by Onii-nyan »»
Dec 16, 2018 12:35 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 41 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

0 by Onii-nyan »»
Dec 16, 2018 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.