Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2017 8:36 AM

Jun 2017
Just Watched it and i am confused.the presence of Toromaru and them knowing the big Chime Yell Should mean that it takes place after the anime ended,as both Toromaru joining and the big yell happened during the big 4 series of battles,which immediately with no pause led to the trembling conquest of the 8 series of battles which ended the series. It is also listed here as a sequel. However,the way Hidemaro behaved doesnt fit at all with that spot,as by the end of the anime he clearly fully and truly believes to the extreme in what Otokojuko stands for and is fully willing put his life in any danger for it. however,here he doesnt believe in any of that,talks about his old group,tries to leave and run away, and is only convinced by Togashi's battle. That should place the events as soon after episode 3 when he first joined,but in that case how is Toromaru and the Yell in the movie? i am quite confused :/
Oct 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Jan 2020
There are some inconsistencies that prevent the movie from fitting in the anime's timeline. Most movies based on long running battle shows are like that, because they get made while the anime is still ongoing. The DBZ movies, for example, always feature characters that should be dead, shouldn't know a specific move yet, or should be busy fighting someone else.

In this case, the only spot that would make sense is after the end of the anime, with the oddities being Hidemaro's behavior and the absence of Date and the 3 Fists, who should be members of the First Year by now. They are completely absent and don't even get mentioned.

I did some research about the airing dates, and this movie was released between episodes 19 and 20, between Togashi vs. Hien and Toramaru vs. Gekkou in the Four Great Trials. Which explains the absence of the characters I mentioned; they didn't join Otokojuku yet in the anime and it would be considered a spoiler for the anime onlys at the time.

As for Hidemaro, I don't know. He had already spent a good while in Otokojuku and by that point he was part of the group and firmly supported Momo and friends. I suppose the writers intended to give him some sort of development in the movie, but like you said, it doesn't quite fit. But even with all that, I would still place it after the end of the anime.
May 9, 2021 3:37 PM

Jun 2017
EterTC said:
There are some inconsistencies that prevent the movie from fitting in the anime's timeline. Most movies based on long running battle shows are like that, because they get made while the anime is still ongoing. The DBZ movies, for example, always feature characters that should be dead, shouldn't know a specific move yet, or should be busy fighting someone else.

In this case, the only spot that would make sense is after the end of the anime, with the oddities being Hidemaro's behavior and the absence of Date and the 3 Fists, who should be members of the First Year by now. They are completely absent and don't even get mentioned.

I did some research about the airing dates, and this movie was released between episodes 19 and 20, between Togashi vs. Hien and Toramaru vs. Gekkou in the Four Great Trials. Which explains the absence of the characters I mentioned; they didn't join Otokojuku yet in the anime and it would be considered a spoiler for the anime onlys at the time.

As for Hidemaro, I don't know. He had already spent a good while in Otokojuku and by that point he was part of the group and firmly supported Momo and friends. I suppose the writers intended to give him some sort of development in the movie, but like you said, it doesn't quite fit. But even with all that, I would still place it after the end of the anime.

Thanks for the information. It is unfortunate that these contradictions exist, but I agree that after the anime is the best placement for it. I guess we could assume for the sake of convenience that Hidemaro hit his head before the movie started and lost his recent/post episode 3 memories lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakigake!! Otokojuku Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 25, 2021

2 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 29, 2021 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.