Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2010 2:36 AM

Apr 2007
http://www.sakuracon.org/

Japanese Release Date April 24, 2010. See this movie before it is even released in theaters by attending Sakura-Con 2010!
Feb 28, 2010 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
Oh ya!!! im going ^.^ ganna be awesome!

Mar 3, 2010 1:56 AM

Mar 2008
I wish I could go but can't :(.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Apr 4, 2010 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
The movie was amazing. It was slightly disappointing that I don't understand Japanese, but the art work told the story so well i didn't need to.

Apr 5, 2010 1:57 AM

Apr 2007
Yep, absolutely awesome art, old school style but stellar presentation. Also, even with limited understanding of Japanese Vash's antics were hilarious :)

Apr 6, 2010 3:38 AM

Oct 2008
As you guys have seen it/previewed it, is this movie a re-make of the series? or completely new story??

i've been waiting to see it for years (as they kept pushing back the release date)
:( hopfully it'll DEF be released this time ^^

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Apr 7, 2010 4:56 AM
Jun 2009
dude, i even wrote a review on the trigun movie page that explains it... or at least a little of it. i also didn't know what else to say, but there is information in my review.

I cant actually remember when the exact time I wrote it, but i'm fairly sure that my review was present before you made your post there... maybe i'm wrong, either way i give up. I'm too tired :P such an awesome move!
craigerApr 7, 2010 4:59 AM
Apr 8, 2010 3:08 AM

Oct 2008
i'm not a dude, but um yea. i dont read reviews on MAL, they tend to be stupidly bias or full of spoilers ^^ i wanted to just basicly know if it was a remake or not. >_>

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Apr 8, 2010 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
-GundamCrazy- said:
i'm not a dude, but um yea. i dont read reviews on MAL, they tend to be stupidly bias or full of spoilers ^^ i wanted to just basicly know if it was a remake or not. >_>

it was not a remake, it is based in the same time that the series takes place, as an event that may have happened during that time, it introduces 2 new characters

Apr 10, 2010 2:57 AM
Jun 2009
I have to agree that many of the reviews in MAL are biased or filled with spoilers, I at least avoided that much . If you like Trigun you will like the movie. It did not seem to be an intrinsic part of the original story, but rather a side note that does not affect the main story.

I also call everyone dude, male or female and from the time they start speaking their first words til they pass away. It is not a sex specific word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude
Apr 18, 2010 5:28 AM

Jul 2008
EverLast said:
The movie was amazing. It was slightly disappointing that I don't understand Japanese, but the art work told the story so well i didn't need to.

They didn't even show it with subtitles? What was the point in that.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 9, 2010 12:46 PM
Jul 2009
The point was that they saw it.When sb like sth much everything even small thing is cery imporytant;)

Can weit to see;)
xxx
May 17, 2010 6:20 PM

Jul 2009
Touka said:
EverLast said:

They didn't even show it with subtitles? What was the point in that.

They were short on time, this being released before the official date and all, plus they wanted to show it the same way it would be seen in japan

May 18, 2010 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
Serduszko said:
The point was that they saw it.

...but didn't understand it.

Serduszko said:
When sb like sth much everything even small thing is cery imporytant;)

What?

EverLast said:
they wanted to show it the same way it would be seen in japan

So they pretty much just wanted to show it without subtitles? Why on earth would they want to do that in an English speaking country?
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jul 15, 2010 1:36 AM
Jun 2009
I seem to think that they did want to show it with subs but did not have them in time for our showing. also, they wanted us to see it purely for the privilege of being able to see a landmark anime before anyone else in the ENTIRE WORLD --> They said it was because of the voices of the American fans, who made abundant requests for more Trigun, that was the reason that the film got made. or something similar to that.
They dont automatically write subtitles for Japanese anime (or likely ANYTHING else for that matter). Its also likely that they did not have enough time in advance of the show date to go through their usual channels of subtitling a movie, Crap happens. I will tell you that for an absolute certainty, that every single person in our audience at the showing was 100% satisfied with what they saw, whether they knew what was being spoken or not.

there was probably a much easier and shorter way of saying that... i cant help but ramble a little from time to time

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun: Badlands Rumble Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WolfWood37 - Jul 3, 2010

130 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:49 PM

» Is this separate from Trigun?

19maria9 - Sep 30, 2011

7 by Avichii »»
Nov 1, 2019 12:17 PM

» Vash throwing a tantrum

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Jun 16, 2015

4 by coffeedelusion »»
Dec 12, 2018 4:49 PM

» Trigun the Movie on Toonami in December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

0 by YourAnimeGuy »»
Nov 15, 2013 7:30 PM

» Did they throw him into the Lazarus pit? (spoiler)

marcosmk - Jan 2, 2013

2 by GodotCoffee »»
Feb 2, 2013 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.