Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2017 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I am so glad none of them died and that Kaito and Yuki are still together ^_^
I wish to see more of what happened to Mikako though.
I feel sorry for Shun now but I am glad that he decided to move on.
Jun 6, 2017 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
I would have liked for Mikako and Yuki to meet up at the end, but apart from that I really enjoyed this manga.

Mikako was my favorite by miles <3
Jun 6, 2017 5:48 AM

Dec 2008
It was a lackluster ending, but overall it was okay.
5/10
Jun 6, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
The ending was better than expected a solid 9 out of 10...
Jun 6, 2017 8:00 PM
Jun 2017
Questions
1. When Yuki describes Mikako as here "First and last lover" what did you guys think she meant?
2. Is the coming age ceremony before or after Yuki and Kaito reunion?

Also in the ending, it doesn't really put Yuki and Kaito together. It seems they picked up where their friendship left off a year ago.

I may be wrong, but it seems that Yuki uses "boyfriend" in the literal sense (a friend that is a boy) like how the word "girlfriend" was used Kaito to describe their relationship.

I'm probably overthinkin it, but I'd love to hear you guy's take on the ending.
Jun 6, 2017 8:00 PM
Jun 2017
If so, "last lover" could mean that Kaito and Yuki aren't officially in a relationship... yet.

>edited> lol i think answered a lot of my own questions.
RealAuntJemimaJun 6, 2017 8:08 PM
Jun 6, 2017 11:59 PM

Jun 2008
RealAuntJemima said:
If so, "last lover" could mean that Kaito and Yuki aren't officially in a relationship... yet.

>edited> lol i think answered a lot of my own questions.

I think what she meant by that is that she's retired the name Yoshiyuki. it represents a phase in her life that she's now past. She blossomed into Yuki.
Jun 7, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
RealAuntJemima said:
Questions
1. When Yuki describes Mikako as here "First and last lover" what did you guys think she meant?
2. Is the coming age ceremony before or after Yuki and Kaito reunion?

Also in the ending, it doesn't really put Yuki and Kaito together. It seems they picked up where their friendship left off a year ago.

I may be wrong, but it seems that Yuki uses "boyfriend" in the literal sense (a friend that is a boy) like how the word "girlfriend" was used Kaito to describe their relationship.

I'm probably overthinkin it, but I'd love to hear you guy's take on the ending.

She said that Mikako is "Yoshiki's" first and last lover.
Yoshiyuki is the name that everyone calls her before they started to see her as a girl, Mikako also call her Yoshiyuki since she fell in love in that "boyish" part of Yuki.

When Yuki said that Mikako is "Yoshiki's" first and last lover - I think she meant it in a way that even though she is not a lesbian, there is also that part of her that she will not erase and that part is her "past" with Mikako. If you will remember she once pretended that she likes Mikako and they even started to act "lovers" - which explain the part that Mikako is Yoshiki's first and last lover since they started dating back then.

Jul 4, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2011
truly, an excellent ending - and most surprising, happy?!? loved the manga and it's take on complex issues like molestation, gender identity, multi-sexuality, and especially growing up in a very cruel world - not very often do i finish a manga (or anime) that has an ending that leaves me so refreshed, sad, and most of all hopeful! a very solid 9 o' 10 - would be nice to see more works like this by the mangaka...
Aug 6, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2014

20/10, so beautiful i cried, i laughed - honestly one of the best mangas i have ever read. so glad that everyone had a happy ending, i hope to see more manga like this in the future
Sep 16, 2017 12:54 PM

Jan 2016
I'm still heartbroken with the ending.
it's happy ending but it's so heartbreaking for me. that moment when Sho calls Yoshiki, but he can't distinguish her from the other ladies anymore. It feels as if Yoshiki is dead now. Idk it's so sad to me that her past self is dead. It feels so much like a real goodbye. So painful.

The best moments:
1. when Kaito said he always think he's prettier than his exs
2. when Mikako wears black kimono and gives middle finger to the stranger girls
3. when Yuki looks so gorgeous in her Kimono.

And I'm so proud of Mikako. She's so strong. She fought so hard in her life. :')
I really wished for her to meet Yuki in kimono and smiled again together with Kaito like their happy little family back then. But I guess it can't be helped because to portrays Yuki fully blooms there must be a scene where she meets her past (hometown and friends from the past) and it means she can't meet Mikako in her coming-of-age.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
Sep 16, 2017 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
I just... damn, till last pages this manga was a surprise!!!.. In the beginning of this chapter I really hate everything ;_; and then finally.. they are together OMG I'm so happy for they. They deserved that and more ;___; lots of feelings in these last chapters...
I'm so very happy, Thanks author, you're a beautiful person <3

BUT I DO HAVE a question:

Is Kaito just a transvestite or a transgender too?, I don't have it clear yet
Sep 17, 2017 5:47 PM
Sep 2017
Nice little hidden gem. I recently finished this one up myself a few months ago. I think my only issue is, at times i felt the mangaka just REALLY wanted to draw hentai instead! XD
Oct 12, 2021 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
mikako deserved better
Mar 15, 2022 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
What an ending! I was so happy it was happy one! This story is 10/10 and I'm glad that I could read it to it's fullest.
Apr 10, 2022 4:45 PM

Aug 2021
yal that entire manga was such a ride yal omg
Jan 3, 2023 10:52 AM
Nov 2020
Just finished this, and I don't quite know what to think. The parts before the last major plot point definitely felt the most compelling, since the ending is kind of imperfect, including for the following reasons:

- There's no redemption or further development for Mikako (she continues her prostitution out of disgust for men), so her character remains somewhat one-dimensional;

- The ticking time bomb of the age of 19 (beauty is fleeting) is not adequately addressed and wrapped up;

- The part when Kaito and Mikako try to suffocate each other felt kind of abrupt;

- Nothing of note really happens to Shou: he seems to be just there as a catalyst for plot points and there isn't any sort of true result or consequence for his actions;

- The time skip feels lazily executed;

- And the ending feels rushed - I would have preferred it to take at least 2 chapters to sort out everything.

Overall, a very interesting read. The plot and complexity is unlike anything I've seen (during the middle I thought the author was a genius for making all those plot points tie together). Shoutout to the panel where Shou can't identify Yuki from a crowd (almost a sense of admiration), echoing but subverting Mikako's earlier disgust for Yuki's makeup which made her "look like any other girl".
Mar 5, 3:01 PM
Mar 2023
Awful ending actually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2015

2 by Nymbris »»
Feb 1, 2023 2:00 PM

Poll: » Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku Chapter 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2015

2 by Nymbris »»
Feb 1, 2023 1:58 PM

Poll: » Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku Chapter 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

3 by Nymbris »»
Feb 1, 2023 1:54 PM

Poll: » Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

3 by Nymbris »»
Feb 1, 2023 10:41 AM

Poll: » Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku Chapter 13 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 30, 2013

6 by Nymbris »»
Feb 1, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.