Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2017 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
What the hell <.< seriously :C I was looking forward to buying the full set.

Oh well I will look forward to Halloween then.
removed-userFeb 17, 2017 8:59 PM
Nov 10, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2015
? Where is the problem?

Anyway, I came here to ask about the released tome. I received it this week (in France through airmail) despite the fact the editor said to me that it had been delayed for a whole month. I should have read the specs because I was surprized by the book's size (smaller than my simple fr.edition) but the biggest surprise was the red ink covering every written page ! So, has anyone already received his exemplary and is this red ink normal?

Well, let's hope it isn't cancelled as fast as the french edition (4tomes in 4-5years then nothing more).
Dec 16, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2008
Books are usually first released one at a time. Can't expect them to release seven ~300 page books all at once. This isn't some quick cheap budget release. Yeah its gonna be slow but better late than never. I'm surprised its finally happening.

"This collectible, deluxe release contains the complete Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch novel in a large trim, gold-embossed hardcover with select color pages."
I can't wait, it will be here very soon.
Feb 4, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
@Levo So, did you get the first printing with the wrong ink colour ? (red)

About the book, while I miss the presence of an artwork on the cover, I like the less massive format and the fact that the cover is hard (compared to the Calmann Levy edition). Plus we still got the original edition's cover pictures (and some more) at the end of the volume.
ABout that last thing by the way, it was kind of weird to have "spoilers" thanks to the later volumes covers.
Feb 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Rei366 said:
@Levo So, did you get the first printing with the wrong ink colour ? (red)

I'm not aware, is the text all red for people or something? Mine seems fine, says First Printing November 2017.
Feb 23, 2018 3:35 AM

Dec 2015
Levo said:
I'm not aware, is the text all red for people or something? Mine seems fine, says First Printing November 2017.

Yes, the whole text is printed with red ink for those who ordered the tome rather early. Because they received the "failed" first batch. Then 7th Seas issued a statement on FB saying that the book was delayed for a whole month (first announced release: mid-October), followed with another one saying we could send the books back in order to get a unit from the fixed batch (printed in November, based on your own specimen).
SInce I pre-ordered it at BookDepositery in February, they send me a red one a week or so before official release before 7th Seas reached them to call the books back. Not a problem though: it's even more "collector" xD
Dec 22, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
@Levo So, after more than a year without any news, I asked the publisher about the subsequent novels (original series) and they have no intention (since the beginning, actually) to publish them too.
They added we were free to ask for them through their monthly survey (where they ask you the licences you want them to acquire).
Rei_IIIFeb 21, 2021 9:30 AM
Feb 21, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
@Veneficia @Levo Does anyone have information about some publisher, from some western country, that has expressed interest in publishing the series?

I feel so stupid with my 4 french tomes and single english book. Out of seven... Especially now that Lodoss is expanded again, in Japan.
Feb 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
At this point its probably better to bet on fan translations one of these days.

I'm so disappointed in Seven Seas Entertainment to give up after 1 volume. Damn them to hell.
Feb 14, 2022 12:20 AM

Dec 2015
Levo said:
At this point its probably better to bet on fan translations one of these days.

I'm so disappointed in Seven Seas Entertainment to give up after 1 volume. Damn them to hell.

unfortunately this franchise is so old that i doubt anybody other than serious Lodoss fans my age, in their 40's, even remember the anime existed. let alone that there were novellas/light novels/books in Japan the first TV series was based on.

i know for a fact that the DVDs of the 1st TV series have never been re-issued in decades. so, without a fanbase from the original anime... why would seven seas even bother trying to buy the rights and publish the rest of the books? i bet you a dollar to a doughnut... that 1st volume didn't make seven seas diddlysquat... and if it didn't... i doubt they would even risk printing the rest of the books.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 2, 2023 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
Rei_III said:
? Where is the problem?

Anyway, I came here to ask about the released tome. I received it this week (in France through airmail) despite the fact the editor said to me that it had been delayed for a whole month. I should have read the specs because I was surprized by the book's size (smaller than my simple fr.edition) but the biggest surprise was the red ink covering every written page ! So, has anyone already received his exemplary and is this red ink normal?

Well, let's hope it isn't cancelled as fast as the french edition (4tomes in 4-5years then nothing more).
lucky you, i got and edition with black cover but with no red ink :(
Jan 2, 2023 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
Well... There is a petition on change.org to publish the rest of books.
Jan 18, 2023 12:21 PM

Dec 2015
ShokuganYuriko said:
Well... There is a petition on change.org to publish the rest of books.
Since Italia published the whole original series, I ended up buying the final volume in italian a year ago, a used pocket format without illustrations. (Still missing the 5th volume and the penultimate one because there was none to buy.)
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.