Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 8, 2016 10:14 PM

Jan 2013
These are sad times we're living in gentlemen.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 8, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Akeno_Misaki said:
Ahem, Armored Trooper Votoms is way more realistic than those real mecha anime you just listed.

Maybe, though not on par with art-style. The said mecha anime are still better than the more mainstream mecha crap and btw, I never said Turn A was bad, I was referring to Gundam SEED.
Sep 8, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
Kurt_Irving said:
Akeno_Misaki said:
Ahem, Armored Trooper Votoms is way more realistic than those real mecha anime you just listed.

Maybe, though not on par with art-style. The said mecha anime are still better than the more mainstream mecha crap and btw, I never said Turn A was bad, I was referring to Gundam SEED.

Then Most Gundam anime lost it's quality starting on 2002 because of 2nd season curse (like Seed Destiny, 00 2nd season and Build Fighters 2nd season).
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 8, 2016 10:34 PM

Jul 2013
Akeno_Misaki said:
Then Most Gundam anime lost it's quality starting on 2002 because of 2nd season curse (like Seed Destiny, 00 2nd season and Build Fighters 2nd season).

I hear ya, mecha anime don't really need second seasons. So far, Fafner has been one of the best mecha series ever.
Sep 8, 2016 10:56 PM

Dec 2015
DisclaimerDespite what my profile datas shout, I am no mecha otaku. I don't like giant robots and don't find the idea appealing, I even dislike regular pointless mecha action (Zeta Gundam, to not call it). I did watch Grendizer when I was a kid and remember it fondly but would never be able to suffer through it nowadays. Also, I grew up with the 80s subculture and its sci-fi/space trend.

I can't even understand how one can be a "mecha anime/manga fan". It's impossible for me to see this as a genre. It just happens to be an element of the environment/world where a war drama/sci-fi love triangle/postapocalyptic fight for survival/heroic-fantasy story/etc is set. To find a series who relies enough on mecha to call this a genre, you have to go back to Giant Robot, Mazinger and its sequels and other titles contemporary of them (or maybe their "revivals").

@TitanAnteus How dare you say modern Gundam are the ones who focus on characters? Some are, but historically, the first series are the ones who brought characters (and their development) in the center of "mecha shows". (despite the director and charadesigners claiming Amuro was the anti-coming of age hero and didn't change over the course of his story)
I remember how badly surprised I was when I happily started to follow Wing on TV (when BANDAI send it all over the world) after reading so much praises for 0079 and its main sequels. Wing and 00 (who's like a Wing 2000s recipe with 0079 hommages) aren't shining through their cast (or any aspect other than sexy robots and robot action)

@Kruszer I was pretty happy about several instances in Gundam ZZ where the union scene was integrated as a problem.

Rei_IIISep 8, 2016 11:06 PM
Sep 9, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
Rei366 said:
@Kruszer I was pretty happy about several instances in Gundam ZZ where the union scene was integrated as a problem.

I probably was too, but I found ZZ to be one of the more forgettable Gundam installments. It's a only been a few years since I watched it, but I can't remember much of anything about it. Regardless I enjoy lots of Gundam though.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - 4 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
1 minute ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

20 by Cielord »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

93 by Anjuro »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - 5 hours ago

17 by Cielord »»
7 minutes ago

» ✨✌The Character Rock Lee Is based On Bruce Lee?!

Metabee177 - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.