Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2016 9:11 PM

Apr 2016
My favourite is Ikuya! I'm surprised; he gradually grew on me... He's such a tsundere and it makes me chuckle when he blushes or simply doesn't like to admit something. :P

I really, really admire his honesty when he cried on the bridge... It was just so lovely to see him open up, and then swim without feeling that he has to 'chase' after anyone. (LOL, Ikuya even turned down Asahi's t-shirt offer.)

He's such a cute kid, I'm curious to know how he grew up. ^^
Nov 6, 2016 8:51 AM
Apr 2014
Fave character is Asahi. His reactions are funny. His face is cute when he was eating at Haru's house. He is definitely noisy and overacting, but for this anime, he and Kisumi made a good comical duo.

My other thoughts on other characters.

I think Kisumi is a sociable person but not very influential. He is not nice nor evil. But he has talent for talking. Eg. He knows how to push Asahi's button, but he also knows how to agree, reason out and comfort Asahi.

Ikuya and Natsuya are good looking and have very beautiful appearance but their personalities are not entertaining.

Nao is Makoto's twin? Lol.

That's all for now. I'll add more comments when I discover new thoughts.
Nov 6, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
violetcrumble said:
Fave character is Asahi. His reactions are funny. His face is cute when he was eating at Haru's house. He is definitely noisy and overacting, but for this anime, he and Kisumi made a good comical duo.

I completely agree! Asahi brought a lot of energy in his group of friends, so I'm happy. :) LOL, when you mentioned Kisumi and Asahi making a good comical duo...I remember when Kisumi gestured for Asahi to sit on his lap! xD

violetcrumble said:
I think Kisumi is a sociable person but not very influential. He is not nice nor evil. But he has talent for talking. Eg. He knows how to push Asahi's button, but he also knows how to agree, reason out and comfort Asahi.

I see what you mean. I think Kisumi has a very patient side to him too. :) Even though he encouraged everyone to join the basketball team, he definitely wasn't forceful about it either. He's a good listener. It's nice that he didn't show obvious signs of being left out, being the only one in the basketball club during their lunch breaks. But I can't quite place my finger on whether he's nice or not... I will assume he is nice, though. He's definitely got a talent for talking, like you mentioned.
Nov 8, 2016 10:27 AM
Apr 2014
Cloe900311 said:

I see what you mean. I think Kisumi has a very patient side to him too. :) Even though he encouraged everyone to join the basketball team, he definitely wasn't forceful about it either. He's a good listener. It's nice that he didn't show obvious signs of being left out, being the only one in the basketball club during their lunch breaks. But I can't quite place my finger on whether he's nice or not... I will assume he is nice, though. He's definitely got a talent for talking, like you mentioned.

I can see him working for a broadcasting company, maybe a radio dj. At first I didn't think he needed to be in High Speed movie, but his presence makes the movie very light and lively. And I agree he is a good listener showing interest in others.

Makoto and Haru are good listeners too, not to mention extremely perceptive, but doesn't like to take interest in others much.
Nov 8, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2015
Makoto, he'll forever be my favourite Free! guy
Nov 9, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
violetcrumble said:
Cloe900311 said:

I can see him working for a broadcasting company, maybe a radio dj. At first I didn't think he needed to be in High Speed movie, but his presence makes the movie very light and lively. And I agree he is a good listener showing interest in others.

Makoto and Haru are good listeners too, not to mention extremely perceptive, but doesn't like to take interest in others much.

Kisumi working as a radio DJ would be awesome!!! He'd be the best morning person to listen to. <33 Yes, Kisumi can definitely lighten up the atmosphere, and even have us laugh. ^^

I think Haru doesn't have a direct way of showing he's paying attention like Kisumi - Kisumi can smile and ask what's up, while Haru pays attention without saying much. :) Makoto, on the other hand...it also depends how the other person is feeling, for him to be vocal about his observations.
Nov 13, 2016 5:42 AM
Apr 2014
Asahi eating at Haru's house

Asahi going nuts. He flip out easily I guess.

Nov 14, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Hard to say the four main characters were shit.

One is the "I don't care about nuttin!" emo boy who never smiles.

One is the "awww he's so nice" brown haired boy who keeps closing his eyes, smiles and tilts his head which nobody fucking does because you'd look like an idiot.

One was a cry baby parrot who just copied the emo boy.

And the other was that cliché over excitable guy.

So probably the best character was the cry babies brother because he was at least just a normal guy.
Feb 1, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2019
I really liked the redhead and the big bro and his friend

More topics from this board

Poll: » High☆Speed!: Free! Starting Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

myth720 - Dec 6, 2015

76 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 14, 2023 1:51 PM

» Movie First?

Hiroyuuki - Jul 30, 2016

6 by RealCheeze »»
Oct 20, 2022 8:43 PM

» Iwatobi School

violetcrumble - Oct 28, 2017

0 by violetcrumble »»
Oct 28, 2017 3:25 AM

» OST Discussion

Mayuka - Dec 18, 2015

3 by violetcrumble »»
Nov 26, 2016 8:22 AM

» New Free! Animation series in the making!

Mayuka - Aug 14, 2016

10 by Cloe900311 »»
Aug 18, 2016 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.