Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't be so selfish granny. Clara doesn't live in the mountain's so why get so jelly about Heidi spending as much time as possible with her.

Dec 16, 2018 5:09 PM

May 2010
I kinda like the way this series is going, but I can't help but feel like it's a little bit irresponsible. The way I see it going, Clara is going to be healed by a combination of the magic of nature and her own willingness to take risks. I wouldn't want a cripple to view this and be inspired to act like Clara. A piggyback ride on someone who might collapse at any moment is a bad idea, and even going up to the mountains where you could easily fall off a cliff if you lose control of your wheelchair is a bad idea. This anime romanticizing nature isn't a problem for me, but if it inspires bad decisions then I can't help but feel like it is a bit dangerous. Given how popular and iconic this series is, I can totally see crippled children begging to go up the mountains, and that scares me.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 16, 2019 3:59 AM

Sep 2011
I love how Heidi helped Peter's mother to fill that bucket while she looked for the pair of pants Heidi asked her for. It's a pity that Heidi isn't really visiting Peter's grandmother though. But hopefully she will soon pay her a visit with Clara.

Now talking about Peter, he was really kind and reliable. Heidi wanted to show that flower field to Clara, and Clara wanted to see it. And thanks to Peter's efforts it was possible. I also love how Heidi's grandfather trusted the children of the mountains, and waited for them. Not even Rottenmeier could ruin their day. Clara's little table made out of flowers was sweet too, but now she is conflicted. She is really happy that Heidi and Peter are so kind and that they look out for her, but she is wishing more than ever that she weren't such a "burden" and could be more independent.
Feb 28, 2020 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was all about Peter and showcasing how reliant, kind, and macho he is. Gluttonous and easily jealous he can be, he is a kind selfless kid. At first, I thought Heidi, Peter, and Clara were going through with their plan with no supervision of an adult. But glad that wasn't the case as they informed grandfather and in turn, send Joseph with them just in case.

The argument between Rottenmeier and Grandfather was interesting, to say the least. Grandpa's argument side does hold a lot of merits. One of the few reasons, and possibly the most important one, on why Clara still can't retain the feelings of her legs is that she is getting way too much pampering from the adults around her. She needs to stop relying on people and have the will to start walking on her two feet and be cured of her unfortunate condition.

I hope Heidi goes to spend some time with grandma soon. Grandma misses Heidi a lot. Heidi did promise Grandma to have Clara read her the book she so adores.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 52 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

4 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 17, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 50 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 17, 2019

3 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 15, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.