Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2016 1:25 AM
Feb 2015
planetwarrior said:
Who is more cunning, evil, unpredictable, manipulative, mastermind and over the top general in their series? Treize Khushrenada or Heinze Axmann?

I don't think you can compare them. Even with those qualities you mentioned, Treize is a leader and cares for the well being of his people, Axmann on the other hand is simply a scum who feeds on other people's suffering.
Mar 24, 2016 3:28 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Too bad there were casualties.

If only she could have killed Axmann before being shot that would be good but oh well !!
Mar 24, 2016 4:48 AM

Jul 2007
Tyrel said:
If only this was a 24 episode show. Enjoying it much more than Muv-luv: TE. Also, does anyone know if there's more material after this season ends?

It certainly could have been 24 episode show since quite a bit of politics and psychological stuff was skipped. The pacing normalized lately but the first half could have used twice the amount of episodes.

More material? Well there will be the visual novel version of Schwarzesmarken coming out with different alternate routes(which basically means that different characters can die or survive, thus different characters getting fleshed out) and more content. Otherwise apart from that, just the actual Muv Luv Extra/Unlimited and Alternative visual novels. Which will never get adapted since it would need like 200 episodes to cover and the show would be killed by build up phases of characterlives lasting 10+ episodes

Mormegil said:
Can this show please stop killing off all the waifus? :(

> Muv Luv
> Stopping suffering and death
wut. Never gonna happen. Muv Luv literally thrives upon the idea of showing characters suffering in an awful and dangerous world where anybody can get dead in seconds.

We are talking about the franchise where we can get 2 pages worth of paragraphs dedicated to dying thoughts of a character.

fimbu1vetr said:
It rly rly doesn't make sense why the Stasis and the rebels are fighting each other so hard at the current point in time. They're barely holding off the BETAs so yeah...

Human nature. Muv Luv universe assumes the more cynical perspective upon human nature when faced with death and destruction. Human characters are usually as much of monstrous villains as aliens themselves are.
AhenshihaelMar 24, 2016 4:55 AM
Mar 24, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
Honestly getting a little bored with this there is just so much death and tradgedy it's like hard to connect, like someone dies and I'm just like oh whatever and then that repeats like 5 mins later...
Mar 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2008

THEY ARE READY TO KICK SOME ASS!!
Mar 25, 2016 5:37 AM
Apr 2015
Fai said:
fimbu1vetr said:
It rly rly doesn't make sense why the Stasis and the rebels are fighting each other so hard at the current point in time. They're barely holding off the BETAs so yeah...

Human nature. Muv Luv universe assumes the more cynical perspective upon human nature when faced with death and destruction. Human characters are usually as much of monstrous villains as aliens themselves are.

The problem is that the show clearly portrays one side being "evil" while the other as the "greater good". It falls apart when you make "villians" showcasing as 1 dimensional turds almost like akame ga kill for nearly the entire run. Trying to make them seem more sympathetic when their dead/climax nears only serves as being pretentious especially when they were seen executing woman and children with a slasher smile several episodes ago.

And then there is ofcourse the fact of being delusional that factions believe they could handle fighting of an enemy to big for anyone to handle alone that they rather kill their own people and hurt their military forces even further and still believe they could handle the alien invasion alone despite being countless of times proven wrong.

This isn't about humans being greedy or any of that pseudo deep BS, this is humanity basically throwing a big red carpet for the beta's signed with "Plz kill us, we are to retarded to live". The fact that humanity hasn't killed itself yet before the beta's arrived is the real miracle.

If it's well develloped (morals , actual good reason's, being consistent,foreshadowing, etc) it could have been a good tragedy. But as it is it fails at being compelling.

The best way to enjoy it is to just turn your brain of.
Mar 25, 2016 7:09 AM

May 2014
Fast and intense episode. Definitely looking forward for the last episode.
Mar 25, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2008
Theodor is 5th on Top Male list

Mar 25, 2016 6:16 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm. In the beginning people said this anime will contain drama. People will die. Etc. I was looking forward to a dark anime.

But I was actually waiting for it for like half the episodes. And now it really looks a lot more like people are dying just for the sake of it but definitely not because it creates drama or moves the story forward.
Mar 25, 2016 9:44 PM
Feb 2015
Nanashi said:
Hmm. In the beginning people said this anime will contain drama. People will die. Etc. I was looking forward to a dark anime.

But I was actually waiting for it for like half the episodes. And now it really looks a lot more like people are dying just for the sake of it but definitely not because it creates drama or moves the story forward.

So you're saying Pham's death didn't create any drama or move the story forward (Theodor killing Lise).
Mar 25, 2016 10:52 PM
Jan 2016
Shit, I'm having a bad feeling about this.

Mar 26, 2016 12:06 AM
Feb 2015
animevortexNG said:
Shit, I'm having a bad feeling about this.

If you want to see a more detailed version of the BETA invasion by year/years.
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline
Mar 26, 2016 3:50 AM

Sep 2013
fimbu1vetr said:

But I think the pacing is quite good and the action/drama is very entertaining. Glad I picked up Schwarzesmarken despite it's low rating

After the civil war, BETA will annihilated the German lol
Mar 26, 2016 4:26 AM
Apr 2015
desertkona said:
fimbu1vetr said:

But I think the pacing is quite good and the action/drama is very entertaining. Glad I picked up Schwarzesmarken despite it's low rating

After the civil war, BETA will annihilated the German lol

That's the "ideal" they are striving for, to die in freedom. 'insert Mel Gibson: FREEEDDDOOMMMM!!!!'
Mar 26, 2016 4:55 AM

Nov 2015
I hope Gretel is still alive and Beatrix is running everything now. Interesting.

Mar 26, 2016 2:07 PM
Apr 2014
ixarising said:
So you're saying Pham's death didn't create any drama or move the story forward (Theodor killing Lise).

That was like the only death that actually meant something and yet you could have gone around that situation totally without it. She would have been entirely safe if she went with the others and Theodor would have still fought his sister either way.

That is basically my problem with the situation. Not even that Pham died but the way she died. It just felt like the creators noticed they didn't kill someone recently and had the urge to do it so they chose the next best thing they could somehow put realistically into the story. The same goes for a lot of other situations. Or to put it shortly -> It just feels so forced.
Mar 26, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
The new hybrid mech of Theodor "Cheburashka Zwei" will wreck everyone to oblivion including Beatrix!
5/5.

Mar 26, 2016 6:12 PM
Feb 2015
Nanashi said:
That is basically my problem with the situation. Not even that Pham died but the way she died. It just felt like the creators noticed they didn't kill someone recently and had the urge to do it so they chose the next best thing they could somehow put realistically into the story. The same goes for a lot of other situations. Or to put it shortly -> It just feels so forced.

That was because Theodor didn't have it in himself to kill Lise, Pham realizes and knows that and wants to help Theodor from doing that act by trying to talk her out of it. Unfortunately, Lise at that point was too broken already and kill her. This also made Theodor realize that Lise is completely broken that he has no choice but to kill her. It's not forced, it's simply just in character of Pham to do that. People need to differentiate between what's a forced death, a circumstantial death and a characteristic death.

A forced death is like how Leone dies at the end of the AGK! anime. That one was truly done just for the sake of doing one. It has no implication on the plot, no implication on the characters and no impact on the viewers.

A circumstantial death would be Kurt's (from ep 4/5) death in the VN/LN. That 1 was truly elaborated and much better than in the anime. They showed that Kurt himself actually doesn't want to die for strangers but seeing the selfish last moment of his lover who sacrificed her own troops to try and survive changed that. And then he shows Katia the scenery behind the base which is Belrin revealing that is why he and his men are staying in that base despite knowing that they'll die eventually is because there's something behind them that's worth protecting not the Stasi but rather the people. Ultimately circumstances wise, they're still bound to death.

Pham's case is a characteristic death, she's far too kind and views the younger members of the 666 squadron as her younger siblings and tries to protect all of them in her way. Unfortunately that is also her severe flaw cause she's overprotective and you saw the result.
Apr 2, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2013
Gretel! She wasn't shown dead/dying, so here's hoping she got away.

Theo gets a super-mech... it's about time. I hope the battle won't be a disappointment.
Apr 3, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
And Axmann still survives, meh.
Apr 6, 2016 5:52 AM
Mar 2012
War starting with the Hänschen klein book had some epic osts.
Gretel died twice already... megane waifus should never die.
Post Lise moments well done, mc crying, Katia's hug, her ribbon on the handle, and Lise told onichan Iris's prison.
West (and ass girl) still waiting.
nukes?
Axmann betrays everyone. Library as a weapon. Things are quite rushed but just enough characterization before everyone seemingly dies.
Funny Anett. That insert song man, super hyped with Theodor's new mashup mech, the fighting spirit of Iris + Lise.
May 7, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2016
again emotionally episode, surprising shit again as well, AND AN other member dies.. whyy.. damn it..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 5, 2016 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
Wow okay, what the fuck just happened? I didn't expect Beatrix to be the head of the Stasi.

The words at the beginning must been hard for Theodor. I think he was trying to hold his sadness back but after Katia embraced him everything came out. :(

So they found the secret Stasi base with all the documents and Gretel got shot, hopefully she's okay >.>
The fight between the Werewolf division and Schwarzesmarken was nice, good that Heim survived.

Axeman betrays everyone without any exception. I hope they can arrest or kill him.
And now the final battle will come, Theodor got a new TSF. Unfortunately the last episode and soooo much things are unresolved. To make matters worse a giant BETA army is on the way. Curious how they will handle this.

Jul 3, 2016 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
A true carnage this second part of the series, I'm sorry that we let the pens also Gretel, this time Theodor, has no way to be cool, as is his custom. Nothing bad the final twist in reference to the true identity of the bald, the rest was quite predictable, as was the death of other people, how sad. Shame not to have more knowledge of Beatrix, another flaw of this anime series.

Catalyze said:
Forget Trump......Forget Hillary.......I now have my candidate for President:

Eheheheh! I agree with you, I would vote. XD
May 29, 2017 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
Lise told Theodor where his hope is.
Beatrix is here.
Damn. Right through the stomach.
GRETEL!!!
It's a nice ass.
Smoove Major tapping that ass.
Dat Graf death.
Dat Gretel booty.
NO!!! GRETEL!!!
Dat insert song.
Theodor is the captain now. Save yo girl!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 14, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2016
Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing near the end of this episode?

Jun 8, 2020 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
BaptizED said:
Fast and intense episode. Definitely looking forward for the last episode.

For sure a better episode. Keep the mechs coming and less of the drama crap.
Mar 29, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
Theodor breaking down because of Lise's death was good to see because it's realistic. Though he killed her, he loved her dearly.

Beatrix is clever. She out-foxed Schmidt.
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2013
After they killed potential partners for Theodor, they now also killed Gretel in the story as she had a bit of crush for Theo... WTF?! This series is killing main characters one by one. Gretel is also a beauty...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.