Forum Settings
Forums

IYO, what are the anime industries biggest flaws? [Poll]

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 22, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
Not enough things made specifically for me, and my taste.
Mar 22, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2008
Danae said:
Mayuka said:
Lack of unique stories
and
Abusing a certain genre

It's like everything has to be a magic high school harem based off a LN.

^this along with the fact that many adaptations are poorly made and rushed as hell.

Agreed and also the fact that many shows are just 12 episodes long and are incomplete and obviously meant just to advertise the source material.
Mar 22, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2015
delija9091 said:
Man_Lanz said:
The prices are actually a problem, the sky high prices mean that the ones buying them are mostly hardcore fans.

Thus anime that has none of extreme acclaim and praise, characters that catch fire or a core fandom(for the studio, the source material etc) usually flops even if the quality is good as they fail in constructing a paying hardcore fandom

The problem, rather than the prices, is that anime is a very niche market. Anime studios are depending on the hardcore fans and reducing prices in order to attract a more mainstream audience will rather hurt than help them.

A simplified example:
DB of anime X is sold for 100$ to 10 hardcore fans and therefore generates 1000$ of revenue. If you reduce the price to 50$, you will only sell it to two additional customers. 12 x 50 = 600, so you actually lose money.

There is simply not enough demand outside of the hardcore fandom to offset reduced prices at least as long as the negative mindset within the Japanese society prevents anime from becoming a mainstream medium like manga. So the high prices are a necessary evil for the time being.

This is actually correct, I should have worded that better.

High prices are a part of a vicious cycle.
Mar 22, 2016 6:29 AM
May 2015
poor adaptions, why cant you just do 1.5-2.5 chapter per episode without rushing?
its not that hard if you have 12 for less chapter than usual and it will almost 100% of the time be a success if the manga was good. also harem shows, in the start I hated echhi but now I think if its a comedy (and not a bad one) it could be good but harem? harem is about stupid boys loved by all types of generic deres and it doesn't even know its stupid
Mar 22, 2016 7:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@FloatingIdiot

^ this is pretty much most ppls arguements

"too many harem ecchi shows" <--- this bullshit again

theres like 2 or 3 a season out of the like 40 shows that come out...

makes no fucking sense to say that.... i wanna go off again saying its just an excuse to
attack ecchi and harem anime
EcchiGodMamsterMar 22, 2016 7:35 AM
Mar 22, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
Biggest flaw for me outside of lack of unique storylines is the unwillingness to take risks that permeates throughout the industry. Very few actually take major risks and thats why we see a lot of the same old stuff over and over again.

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Mar 22, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
Homogenisation. An overly-broad question warrants an overly-broad answer.
Mar 22, 2016 3:45 PM
Sep 2011
PraetorPat said:
Biggest flaw for me outside of lack of unique storylines is the unwillingness to take risks that permeates throughout the industry. Very few actually take major risks and thats why we see a lot of the same old stuff over and over again.

I think it was Digibro who made the video about how the anime industry can't afford to take risks, so they constantly make anime that they know will appeal to a specific target audience.

That pretty much sums up my entire feelings on this thread. That and the infamously brutal life of an animator.
Mar 22, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
Mamster-P said:
@FloatingIdiot

makes no fucking sense to say that.... i wanna go off again saying its just an excuse to
I'm 100% convinced he was just joking.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 22, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
RLinksoul said:
PraetorPat said:

I think it was Digibro who made the video about how the anime industry can't afford to take risks, so they constantly make anime that they know will appeal to a specific target audience.

That pretty much sums up my entire feelings on this thread. That and the infamously brutal life of an animator.
true that the life of am animator makes like only 10k a year...

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Mar 22, 2016 4:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
CrappyGod-sama said:
Mamster-P said:
@FloatingIdiot

I'm 100% convinced he was just joking.

i know, but thats why i said most peoples arguments and i didn't directly respond to him
Mar 22, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
There needs to be a better way to distribute shows and make money off them. Anime is funded by BD/DVD sales and much of the time these aren't available internationally, so those anime hardly make any money outside Japan or America. It'd be nice if studios could figure out something with online streaming, then they'd made some money when people watched instead of none.
Mar 22, 2016 9:48 PM

Apr 2015
I wish that anime/anime-esque production could expand through the globe. Some would see this as an fearsome or awful idea (especially those already in the industry and would only face more competition). But I think it will open up possibilities. Perhaps anime production members (directors, animators, sound designers, etc) could be enticed by larger production budget/salaries. Then they could mentor local workers on their processes. I get a bit giddy just thinking of how many new stories there would be, and what cultural touches other regions could incorporate. Something like this probably won't happen in the near future, but maybe in 50 or 100 years as countries become more interconnected.
Mar 23, 2016 4:33 AM

Sep 2013
Austershalin said:
I wish that anime/anime-esque production could expand through the globe. Some would see this as an fearsome or awful idea (especially those already in the industry and would only face more competition). But I think it will open up possibilities. Perhaps anime production members (directors, animators, sound designers, etc) could be enticed by larger production budget/salaries. Then they could mentor local workers on their processes. I get a bit giddy just thinking of how many new stories there would be, and what cultural touches other regions could incorporate. Something like this probably won't happen in the near future, but maybe in 50 or 100 years as countries become more interconnected.

Most countries already have some sort of a cartoon industry. It's just that, in a lot of countries, those are not even big enough to be called niches. The world will get more and more interconnected, but there just seems to be a lack of demand for cartoons or anime to be a global phenomenon (production not consumer wise).
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

112 by Metalboy76 »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 12

14 by Falzar_FZ »»
8 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - 35 minutes ago

5 by SgtBateMan »»
9 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love? ( 1 2 )

torsan88 - Jun 6

51 by Phosphophyllita »»
9 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

14 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.