Forum Settings
Forums

New Studio Ghibli movie to come in next fall?

New
Dec 12, 2015 11:27 AM
Oct 2015
Synopsis: It tells the story of a man who tries to escape from a desert island and battles a giant turtle.

http://otakukart.com/animeblog/2015/12/12/new-studio-ghibli-movie/
Dec 12, 2015 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
Just another mediocre anime probably.
#BringBackOldGhibli

Dec 12, 2015 11:31 AM

May 2012
you forgot to add the part where the character says japan did nothing wrong
Dec 12, 2015 11:32 AM
Oct 2015
I liked Castle in the sky best! XD
Dec 12, 2015 11:33 AM

Feb 2013
Gokuiscoolbro said:
I liked Castle in the sky best! XD
lol that one is funny cause is called la puta
Dec 12, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
FunkyNano said:
Sounds kinda wack
But still, i'll make sure to check this one out ofc, regardless it would be good or not.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Dec 12, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2015
I'll pass, thanks. Ghibli simply isn't the Ghibli of old. There's probably some subtle political commentary snuck in as well :/
Dec 12, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 2015
Noice ! Wait ... I don't care.
hi
Dec 12, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2013
What does ghibli even do except for animation? do they really make that much money where they can just cut off the anime side?
Old dinosaurs like miyazaki need to retire and sell ghibli to Toei or something.

$50 million to make princess kaguya is criminal, I think these guys stole all the money and are trying to pass it off as the market is dying.
Dec 12, 2015 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
no dialogue no watch ):
Dec 12, 2015 6:00 PM
Sep 2015
Michael Dudok de Wit has made some beautiful little films - will be interested to see this, nice to see Ghibli teaming up with a European animation house
Dec 12, 2015 6:39 PM

Sep 2015
Buo said:
Noice ! Wait ... I don't care.

You care enough to post a reply
Dec 12, 2015 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
Can't Wait.
Dec 12, 2015 8:22 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
What does ghibli even do except for animation? do they really make that much money where they can just cut off the anime side?
Old dinosaurs like miyazaki need to retire and sell ghibli to Toei or something.

$50 million to make princess kaguya is criminal, I think these guys stole all the money and are trying to pass it off as the market is dying.

Didn't you never heard of licensing business? With that you can earn around the same or even more than what you get by sales(theater, BD/DVD, ...).
The good thing is with just the people handling the licenses, you don't spent any money but it still keeps entering(of course not as much if the product is active).

That is the exact same reason why Pierrot stop producing Bleach. They certainly still earn a lot of money with licenses(wasn't Bleach around the 5 top licenses of TV Tokyo last year? Note that TV Tokyo shares the license with Pierrot).

That is also a reason why when a license is acquired by a Animation Studio, it will not be easily given to another, even if they stopped producing episodes of the franchise.

Also is to note that the new movie shouldn't really be called a Studio Ghibli movie, because majority of it isn't made by Ghibli but by Wild Bunch.
ANN tells more about what as been done: "de Wit temporarily moved to Koganei in Tokyo (where Studio Ghibli is headquartered) to work on the film, completing the film's storyboards and the scenario in his time there, while Studio Ghibli director Isao Takahata checked them. Takahata also serves as the "artistic producer" for the film. Pascale Ferran (Bird People) wrote the film's script. The film is currently finishing production in France"

About how much it costed to make Princess Kaguya, the movie animation is better than most animation films out there. So it really must have costed that much.
Dec 12, 2015 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
FunkyNano said:
Sounds kinda wack
Dec 12, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:
ichii_1 said:

Didn't you never heard of licensing business? With that you can earn around the same or even more than what you get by sales(theater, BD/DVD, ...).

About how much it costed to make Princess Kaguya, the movie animation is better than most animation films out there. So it really must have costed that much.

Sure but they're making films not series, and when their films make tens or hundreds of millions and they decide to stop for some stupid reason there's more going on behind the scenes.

It has nice brush strokes and all but this isn't worth $50 million dollars.
Dec 12, 2015 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
bigivelfhq said:

Sure but they're making films not series, and when their films make tens or hundreds of millions and they decide to stop for some stupid reason there's more going on behind the scenes.

It has nice brush strokes and all but this isn't worth $50 million dollars.

Movies earn a ton money with the licensing business, specially when they end up being mega popular. Till today Snow White from Disney is earning them money.

Studio Ghibli movies cost a ton of money, and latest ones weren't being profitable enough, instead of taking a big risk and loosing money they decided with just earning it. Is a pretty simple decision.

The animation of that movie is super high, more than most other anime. The only anime with a similar level of 2D animation is other Ghibli movies, Disney movies and the current Chizu studio. Ah! And probably the latest Production I.G. movie that also got Studio Ghibli help, miss Hokusai. Just look at the characters movements and when scenes with multiple characters how much everybody moves and how in such a credible way.
Dec 12, 2015 11:46 PM
May 2015
Interesting. And also good for Ghibli.
Dec 13, 2015 12:34 AM
Nov 2015
This is not a Ghibli.

More topics from this board

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts? ( 1 2 )

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

60 by offcrack »»
5 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

96 by ColourWheel »»
10 minutes ago

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 6

18 by ZXEAN »»
12 minutes ago

» What is your first impression on studio (part-6) : KYOANI? ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Jan 9

56 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998 ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 6

54 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.