Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2015 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
lookin at final fantasy tactics and tactics ogre, never own played them before. what else?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS
Aug 12, 2015 6:59 AM

Jun 2009
Personally, I'd recommend War of the Lions over the original FFT. It adds some new stuff, but most importantly fixes the bad translation the original suffers from. It's such a good story, that I recommend experiencing it in it's best format. I don't think War of the Lions is on sale, though. And it's only on PSP.

As for me, I think I'll take this opportunity to try and get the FFXIII games. I know they have bad reputations, but I'd still like to experience them for myself.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 12, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
Personally, I'd recommend War of the Lions over the original FFT. It adds some new stuff, but most importantly fixes the bad translation the original suffers from. It's such a good story, that I recommend experiencing it in it's best format. I don't think War of the Lions is on sale, though. And it's only on PSP.

As for me, I think I'll take this opportunity to try and get the FFXIII games. I know they have bad reputations, but I'd still like to experience them for myself.

I agree, I've played all the FFTactics, aside from the last one they made for the DS or was it GBA. FFT is so much of a classic and all together a well put addicted game, its almost insane not to pass up.

As for FF13, despite the bad raps on each of the games, personally I enjoyed both games and wouldn't even known about "how linear" and other complaints, if I didn't read about them. I was already fairly immersed into the game to even realize it. Combat is addicting, story is something to love but is really enjoyable.

good choice!
Aug 12, 2015 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
Final fantasy tactics has some spells slow down but you will probably not notice it if you never play the game before. The localisation is awesome though, far better than the original incarnation.

So yes, both FFT and Tactics Ogre are safe bets in this sale.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Between these two franchises ,which do you think has the better soundtracks?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
4 hours ago

» Online games in your life ( 1 2 )

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

53 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago

» Do you still use ur disc drive to play games ?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

12 by Vampire_Lord »»
11 hours ago

» For the people who have played odin sphere leifthrasir, who is ur fav character to use?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

2 by Thy-Veseveia »»
11 hours ago

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

24 by SaltyCookie »»
Today, 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.