Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 7, 2023 9:33 PM

Jun 2010
I don't know why the Kilieman crew were rewarded since they actually did next to nothing. In fact, they acomplished next to nothing in either of the two series. I'd be perfectly fine with that if it was acknowledged and made use of in the story, but instead they're presented as if they're actually heroes instead of well-meaning losers who are never in the right place at the right time.

This second series was more bland that the first, which was already a little bland.
Sep 12, 2023 12:21 AM

Aug 2018
Weak ending, Chaika’s status was left unresolved.
Apr 3, 11:49 PM
Aug 2023
So disappointing. I don't think they ever really explained the reason why Gillette was saved just to serve as a henchman. The only reason I could guess is to lure Vivi into the tournament because she's a half Chaika, but that doesn't make sense as Vivi was already enrolled in the tournament on her own accord, and didn't know Gillette was there until their fight. Also I don't think they ever really explained why Vivi was a half Chaika, and how she was able to resist the memory implantation, nor why she changed to look like Chaika after having an emotional breakdown thinking Gilette was dead.

The most criminal disappointment of both seasons was the underdevelopment of Fredrika ever since her reveal as a dragoon. They barely ever treated her like a character, and they always instantly disabled her during a fight that mattered. Even in this finale episode the emperor just chopped her up so she couldn't do anything, and Tooru forbid her from getting involved with the fight with Shin. They should have at least let her try to do something against the emperor or at least chew up some of the bad guy Chaika zombies or something. Perhaps that would steal away some of the coolness they were trying to give Tooru as a dragoon rider, but he was pretty useless against the emperor and whatever he did didn't matter anyways. It was pointless just like fighting the zombie Chaikas. Even the fight with Shin was pretty pointless, why was he even there? I could accept him being hired for the tournament, but why did the emperor take him with him to the space castle? Just to have a pointless fight with Tooru of course. The whole "Tooru becomes a dragoon rider" was pointless other than setting up the circumstance where the emperor decided to open the window for some weird reason so Chaika could snipe him.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.