Forums
New
Oct 16, 2014 12:53 AM
Feb 2014
[deleted] beep boop bop
nagatoplsSep 25, 2017 8:31 PM
Oct 16, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2013
When you put it like that I sorta see it.

Didn't think that when watching though.
Oct 16, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
lol I don't think they're related to each other at all. They're completely different moods as well.
Oct 16, 2014 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
Where the heck did you get that idea? You basically just described stuff that happens in a lot of shoujo. They're pretty different.
mayukachan said:
They're completely different moods as well.
^That too
Oct 19, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
Reading this thread and the other one, it seems like some people are new to Shoujo romance.

1/ The artstyle of those two series are significantly different. Say I love you, has more of stylish long artstyle. While Okami Shoujo has more of happy Shoujo art style. I would think that Ao Haru ride is more similar to this in art style.

2/ The female leads are completely different. The MC of Say I love you, is an asocial girl, that is shy with low self esteem. She doesn't have any friends and is quiet, which is different from the MC here. The meeting of the two romantic leads in each anime is also completely different.

3/ Okami is not a parody of anything. It's a normal Shoujo romance manga. The plot is also completely different from Say I love you, because there the whole fak relationship going here, while that doesn't happen in Say I love you. The male leads are also different, they only have the popular handsome guy trope in common, which is basically almost every male love interest ever in Shoujo (an exaggeration but it's extremely common), he is not a sadist, he is interested in romance, etc.
Oct 19, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
Also, forgot to add to my post, Sukitte Ii na Yo is not that original of a shoujo series. There are plenty of other ones older than it that do the "shy girl meets popular boy and falls in love (and gains friends)". The only things I think it does differently is addressing mature themes and having more of a teenager drama feel compared to other shoujos.

There are actual shoujo parodies out there, like Heroine Shikkaku (based mostly on Kimi ni Todoke and similar romances), Switch Girl, and Ore Monogatari but this one seems like just a romcom with a different premise.

tsudecimo said:
Reading this thread and the other one, it seems like some people are new to Shoujo romance.

Most seasonal watchers only have seen the recent shoujo like Tonari, Kimi ni Todoke, AHR, etc. so I'm not surprised to see people comparing.
MayukaOct 19, 2014 7:32 PM
Oct 19, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2012
Uhmmm. NO.

The only common thing they have is that both male protagonist were voiced by Sakurai Takahiro :)))

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji is written by Hatta Ayuko while Suki tte Ii Na Yo is written by Hazuki Kanae.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji is more cheerful and bright mood while Suki tte Ii Na Yo is more on serious one.

The story is different, it's not like Kurosawa Yamato used Tachibana Mei as a dog. :))
Nov 21, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
This is kinda like saying that One piece ripped off naruto. Both have main protagonist that is silly, both have powers , both fight evil, both go around in adventures and gain more power, both make a lot of friends. Bad comparison.
Nov 23, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
RyukoOkabe said:
Hey MAL,

After watching the first two episodes of Ookami, it seems like this anime is practically directly parodying Sukitte. The art style is very similar, the typical bratty girls are practically the same, and the main character is pretty silly too (I use that word losely). Not to mention the male protagonist from Sukitte is basically the character from episode 2 (forget about the twist at the end of the episode). I never finished Sukitte so I don't know where it goes (however it seems pretty obvious), so I can't say for sure, but Ookami seems to be heavily parodying this anime. What are your thoughts?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14289/Sukitte_Ii_na_yo.
They are nothing alike in the least. If you think this series is a parody just because of a minor character, that by all means and purposes is a jerk and does not even resemble Yamato or his personality, then I wonder if you can watch two series without thinking they are the same.

Seriously they are nothing alike.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

157 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 26, 2014

135 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

174 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

93 by jiajia »»
Jul 27, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

90 by jiajia »»
Jul 27, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.