Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 2, 12:46 PM
Jan 2024
The only part I liked about Senjougahara was in the first arc, "Hitagi Crab." In the next arc, "Mayoi Snail," when she started treating Hachikuji with contempt, it was already clear that she would be an annoying character. Then we see her suddenly asking Araragi to date her. I didn't like it because I had already watched 'Nekomonogatari: Kuro.' It was clear that Araragi and Hanekawa loved each other, but they both chose to ignore it in the end. So when I saw that there was going to be a new romance, I wasn't very happy.

Throughout the story, we see Senjougahara's forced and manipulative attitudes, such as threatening Araragi himself and the other girls; the way she manipulated Karen; the way she treated Hanekawa when she slept at her house; Despite having spent the night looking for her, we saw that Senjougahara only wanted to know what Hanekawa thought of Araragi, then Senjougahara treats Hanekawa very cruelly, saying that the love she felt was just an illusion.

I also didn't like the fact that Senjougahara hid the fact that she would ask Kaiki for help, after all, Araragi himself had already asked Kaiki for advice after Senjougahara told him to leave town, hiding this fact didn't make much sense!

When she offers her body to Kaiki, there is no doubt that she is manipulating him, because Senjougahara knows that Kaiki feels for her, whether there was going to be a relationship or not, we will probably never know; but it's worth remembering that she told Araragi that sleeping with someone else doesn't count as cheating, but falling in love with someone else does, which is a bit ironic, since she clearly still feels love for Kaiki, yes she was unfaithful, but so was Araragi, I get the impression that he loves Hanekawa more than Senjougahara; I believe it was in episode '19 - Shinobu Time, Part Three' that Shinobu asks him who he loves more: - her, Senjougahara or Hanekawa; then we see Araragi completely dodging the question; in Nisemonogatari, Araragi repeats again that he considers Hanekawa the ideal girl. According to the rules established by Senjougahara, they both cheated.

When I saw the Koimonogatari/Hitagi End arc, I immediately thought that Senjougahara would be presented as that character that fans defend so much, after all it is the arc with the highest evaluation of the season, but when I watched it, the focus was on Kaiki, it didn't make sense, in my opinion Senjougahara lacked a better development, she can practically be summed up in a character who only says: - I'm going to kill you. The Monogatari Universe is still open, I write this post ten years after it was opened; there is no doubt that the author will fix these misunderstandings.
Jul 20, 2:22 PM
Feb 2020
I know this thread is old but like….you guys do know everything with kaiji was a Hail Mary to stop nadeko….who’d become a fucking god and not only threatened but promised to kill both her and araragi after graduation. Why are you guys acting like she just woke up one day and decided to sleep with kaiki or something. The reason I think shinobu was apprehensive of Nadeko was for one thing, she could see through her bullshit like literally everyone except araragi and second, she’s parasitic, defining her own existence revolving around araragi. Why wouldn’t shinobu would want her gone knowing araragi’s patronizing nature firsthand.
Jul 20, 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
Never liked Senjougahara in the first place so her acting this way was more of the same for me. MC should have picked Hanekawa, or even Shinobu, but he's a hopeless masochist with trash taste.

That said, don't forget Final Hitagi/Hitagi End is narrated by Kaiki, who is an unreliable narrator. At the beginning of the arc, he even warns the viewer not to believe in what's being told.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.