Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2023 4:53 PM
Nov 2018
the women led the french revolution? lol, what a load of bullshit, besides that, it was very sad indeed, victims from start to finish but somehow idiotic, if jeanne was intending to refuse the lord's offer, why bother going back? to get herself killed? to prevent jean death? couldnt he had just stay in the forest with her in order to avoid death? if there was a message, what was it? that women had it rough in medieval times? that feudal lords are bad and despotic? that religion along with political power keep the people submissive? visually it was very unique, but a lot of the psycodhelic scenes felt like padding, unnecesary long and often displayed the same kind of thing: sex, if you were to omit such scenes probably the plot wouldnt have last half an hour, all in all it was fine, but i wouldnt call it a masterpiece.
Aug 7, 2023 12:17 PM
Aug 2017
I mean, WTF……
Jan 12, 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
the art and music were beautifully done, the stylistic choices were some of my favorite in animated history. it would have been cool as a manga/comic.
the sex/rape scenes lasted far too long and there was too many of them, but the message of the film is a painful and heartbreaking one so i guess the director really wanted to nail that in. the depiction of the first rape is very visceral.
it was definitely an interesting watch. loved the evolution of the devil character as well.
CaffeineJan 12, 5:24 PM

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Mar 24, 10:07 PM

Apr 2016
That was very ummm 70's lol It wasn't very successful with its theme of female autonomy to me, it was more funny than anything, it did have some striking imagery but some surface pondering about sex, authority, women and religion.
That ending was kind of annoying, where was big penis demon man when you need him.
May 10, 8:24 AM

Apr 2015
Wow, I'm lost for words. Didn't expect this to have a positive message at the end. This was an acid trip, psychedelic yet enjoyable movie with a very tragic depiction of a young woman. Who only wanted happiness and peace. It's a pity how the world corrupts pure souls like her.
Definitely a one of a kind movie that you can only watch once!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is the remaster available for purchase or anything?

BasedCereal - Aug 15, 2016

3 by Etherious_123 »»
Apr 20, 2021 8:16 AM

» Her Hell

shegoblin - Sep 7, 2008

0 by shegoblin »»
Sep 7, 2008 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.