Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
short_review said:
forevenge said:
Isn't it obvious that Caesar will be the next nakama?
I'm surprised lot of people doesn't realize this yet.

It's absolutely not obvious !

Haha, it is not canon yet but I place my bet in Caesar.
He's working for doflamingo, when SH take down Mingo, I bet he got nowhere to go and ended up in Sunny.
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
Now what are you waiting for?! Come join us at MAL Backstreet Residential!!
[/i][/b]
Nov 3, 2014 11:05 AM

Nov 2013
You seem to forget that Caesar doesn't care about pirates and somehow commited a genocide ...
Nov 4, 2014 4:49 AM

Sep 2014
short_review said:
You seem to forget that Caesar doesn't care about pirates and somehow commited a genocide ...

Haha, Maybe, but everytime I see Caesar interact with any Strawhat member, I can see a Next Nakama Flag all over his face =D
[i][b]I'am the Mayor of under development residential called MAL Backstreet Residential.
Now what are you waiting for?! Come join us at MAL Backstreet Residential!!
[/i][/b]
Dec 21, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2014
It's gonna be Shanks. Don't you realize it?
Now serious - I don't want any new Nakama, becouse the timeskip already determine it. I mean, Luffy's friends understand the secret message, follow him and trained hard for 2 years. Maybe there will be more allies, but Nakama - no.
Jan 1, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
astrozombie84 said:
Zapredon said:
I still a bit upset that Perona didn't join Straw Hat Crew. This new straw hat crew that join in,what is his/her role?

Luffy=captain
Zoro=swordsman
Sanji=cook
Nami=navigator
Usopp=sniper
Chopper=doctor
Robin=archaeologist
Franky=shppwright
Brook=musician

Is there any occupation in a ship crew being left out? What else does a ship crew usually need?

How about a scout/interrogator? this is why i think Violet will join
i mean do you realize how incredibly useful her powers would be to a pirate crew.
Also we need another girl cause the straw hat crew is a total sausage fest right now. Even if you don't count brook, cause he don't have sausage...cause he is dead yohohohoho

thats still 5 vs 2, thats not a good ratio.
So if anyone from this arc joins, imo it has to be violet.
Rebecca is useless, and doesn't have any talents.
i like baby 5, and all that but we already have usopp, and franky so she doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I agree with the above of Violet joining. She fits the criteria of bringing in some useful ability to the crew. Plus, she was already aiding the crew from early in the arc and this would make her an enemy to the Marines. She said before, if I can remember, that her only goal is to escape the island or something. I may be wrong though.
Jinbe is already a crew member since he already accepted Luffy's offer back in the end of the Fishman arc. His joining up with them is postponed to after he settles some things.
I would love Law to join. He is such an dynamic character and had his backstory introduced. He would also be an additional cool-headed and rational thinker of the group. However, he's got his own heart set on other plans and he still has his crew. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on him joining, though.
Jan 2, 2015 3:26 AM

Aug 2014
rebecca
Jan 2, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
I'll repeat what I said 4 month ago : Bellamy

The more the story goes on the more Oda gives us hints that he's the next one.

- ready to die and loyal to DD even if he admitted the fact that he followed the wrong man
- wants to be a pirate
- no more crew
- has a solid background (Jaya)
- doesn't have anything against Luffy anymore
- Luffy respects him
- he seems to know how the new world works a bit so he can be a valuable asset

It's so obvious now ~
short_reviewJan 2, 2015 6:58 PM
Jan 3, 2015 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
If it's Bellamy I'm going to kill myself. :)
Jan 3, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
Why? ^^

It's the same as Nico Robin. The first time we met her who could have guessed she was gonna join 3 islands and 100 chapters later? =)

As much as I would have liked to see a new female member, Oda had another idea and I'm kinda amazed at how he was able to smoothly transform a despicable ennemy into a potential friend and crewmember.

Before this arc the simple idea of Bellamy joining would have made me laugh.
Jan 6, 2015 3:21 PM

Jul 2014
Bartolomeo = Yes.
Rebecca = No, just no.

Bartolomeo could be the ship's main defence since he has the barriers and whatnot. I'd like Law to join as he is my favourite character but I don't see it happening because the straw hats already have a doctor.
Apr 10, 2015 5:36 AM
Jul 2012
Huhuhu I think it will be Monet i still believe she is still alive and she will be quite useful as Astronomer and if rumors about Oda's interview is right that new SH will be former enemy female then my mind goes directly to Monet!
Apr 11, 2015 3:19 PM

Jan 2012
Medusa33 said:
Huhuhu I think it will be Monet i still believe she is still alive and she will be quite useful as Astronomer and if rumors about Oda's interview is right that new SH will be former enemy female then my mind goes directly to Monet!

lol What Monet. seriously

Apr 11, 2015 3:41 PM
Apr 2015
I see it as Jinbei. He would be the helmsman in the crew and also they don't have a fishman in the crew and plus would be the first former shichubukai to join the crew plus he is strong enough to keep up with them.
Apr 16, 2015 7:48 AM
Jul 2012
AllenVonStein said:
Medusa33 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEVzLsXwVU Watch this it's not meaningless opinion actually who would've thought that Robin would join Mugiwaras back then in Alabasta same goes for Monet her death is wrapped in mystery besides this theory claims that she is Astronomer and if Raftel has something to do with moon or moons(because OP world has 6 moons) she will be pretty useful and i doubt that Oda created this character just to kill her off.....well i still have right to have my opinion and you have right to have yours but firstly get clues and don't consider other's opinions laughable without any umh whatever.....
Apr 19, 2015 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
I doubt we'll see anyone from Dressrosa join the crew, I just can't see any of them becoming a full-time thing.

Personally, I always wished that Bon Kurei and Perona had joined the crew. I know it'll probably never happen, but it would have been awesome. Jewelry Bonney may still join next, that's a rumor I could actually see happening considering her interaction with Zoro and Luffy back in Sabaody. I can't see Monet joining either, even if she is still alive. Bellamy doesn't really fit either, and Kinemon and Momonosuke, nor Law are really SH material.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 20, 2015 4:03 PM
Apr 2015
If its not Bartolomeo I will be pissed
Apr 23, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
I've been in a similar discussion over in the anime section, it seems that Violet being the next Straw Hat is trending over there. Her and Monet seem to be the hot picks. I just can't see it, personally.

There's also been some talk about an interview from Oda printed in a newspaper in China, though I haven't verified it yet, where Oda says that there will be multiple new members joining in the future and that they will all be joining successively. If that's the case Monet would certainly fit the bill of Luffy collecting "weird" crew members(i.e. a cyborg, a reindeer, a skeleton). Jewelry Bonney fits the Nami type storyline, somewhat at least, and some in the aforementioned other thread argue that Violet and Monet both could fit the Robin type storyline. As for Bartolomeo, he fits more of the Boa Hancock type story. She loves Luffy but continues to do her own thing, Barty is a fanboy of the Straw Hats(which fits a kind of love) so will probably do his own thing. He even has his own crew of fodder characters.

I'm assuming, considering the leaks about how Oda intends to end the series(the huge war), that the new crew members will be people we've not seen yet. It's been said again and again that Luffy's most dangerous power is his ability to turn all those around him into allies, so I would assume that those we've met so far will be allies that best serve him where they are until the time comes when he needs them.

Back after the Whitebeard War the speculation began to go around about Luffy forming his own fleet, like Whitebeard. Thus, rumors came about that Marco would take over Whitebeard's fleet and work with Luffy in the New World. Though, it's more likely that Marco and the Whitebeard fleet will work with Shanks. Sabo fits the Ace storyline, so we know he won't be joining, but considering Sabo works for Luffy's dragon-dad we'll definitely see more of him down the road.

From what I've read about Bon Kurei, he's confirmed alive and back in a cell in Impel Down, and we probably won't see him again because his part in the story has been finished. If I'm not mistaken Perona promised to see them again, so it's likely she'll work as an ally but not join the crew.

As for my personal preferences... I would love to see Bon Kurei, Perona, and Jewelry Bonney as part of the crew. I've said this before, though, so no point rehashing it.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 23, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
I can see Bellamy joining the crew.
Apr 24, 2015 5:22 AM

Dec 2014
I would like next nakama to be summon wild beast / control wild beast. Preferably female
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 24, 2015 7:07 AM
Apr 2015
AllenVonStein said:
i hope Bartolomeo he is strong

if its not Bartolomeo I will be pissed he would fit the crew perfectly and he is strong

Don't get how some people want Rebecca on the crew and I feel like Jinbei wouldn't really fit it he is more like an ally (same as Law)
Apr 27, 2015 2:46 AM

Oct 2014
Rouzhan said:
I can see Bellamy joining the crew.

Most likely jossed in the last chapter. As

AllenVonStein said:

Just read this theory - http://orojackson.com/threads/theres-something-about-monet-nakama-theory.7205/ It is very detailed and points out a lot of hints from manga.
Apr 27, 2015 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
I voted for Rebecca,
I know a lot of people against the idea of her being the next member, because she is weak and a crybaby. However, the crew needs a female character and a fighter type in my opinion. I think she will be an interesting add to the crew because she is a swords-woman and she might get training from Zorro and become strong. Also by getting a female member it will offend Hankok, and there many reasons why the next member should be a female.
Genius_MindApr 27, 2015 7:34 AM
Apr 27, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
i dont keep up with the manga but hopefully it's someone strong. besides the top 3 aka san,zo and luf everybody else is weak and gimmicky. maybe not weak just not up to par as those guys or at least close to them.
you sound poor
Apr 27, 2015 6:27 PM

Dec 2011
Jinbe has already agreed to join so only time will tell when he does. I don't like the thoery that he will die before joining because Luffy has suffered enough. :|

No to Rebecca (she should stay with her father), Kyros (he should rule Dressrosa), Bartolomeo (he'll die from heart failure for sure), Bellamy (his devil fruit power is too similiar to Luffy + has no endgoal that alligns with the Straw Hats), Kinemon (go back to Wano), Momonosuke (stay with his father), Kanjuro (go back to Wano), Law (he already has his own crew who are waiting for him!)

Maybe Viola and Cavendish might work. The Straw Hats have a musician but no dancer so Viola could fill that spot but her devil fruit power would be too convinent for the Straw Hats to have. They would be able to foresee any danger. Cavendish wants fame and glory so he could get that with the Straw Hats but there's already two swordsmen in the crew.

All this new crew member talk makes me miss Vivi. I loved her interactions with Nami and she was way more badass than Rebecca or any new female that has been introduced.
Apr 28, 2015 3:34 PM

Oct 2014
neo_valkyrie said:

All this new crew member talk makes me miss Vivi. I loved her interactions with Nami and she was way more badass than Rebecca or any new female that has been introduced.

This as well. We may see her in manga very soon by the way. As she will most likely be in next world meeting, which Fujitora mentioned.
May 10, 2015 1:54 AM
Apr 2014
Bartolomeo: HELL NO! his looks is crap and doesn't fit with the crew and he really disgust me! the fan boy cliché really get on my nerve that it'll ruin the whole story. beside he has already his own crew, luffy won't let him join the crew knowing he's the captain of his own crew. he could be joining the alliance like trafalgar law but not joining them.

Rebecca: my wish would be a girl joining next but not rebecca. all she wants is to live peacefully with mr.soldier who's actually her father kyros, she has not mentioned or intended to leave the country but rather live with her beloved family in dressrosa after all this mess is settled.

Jinbei: is already the Ninth member on hold. remember the promise in fisherman island, he did promise luffy to join the crew later on. so it's already settled which i'm okay with him joining the crew!

Law: is only an alliance with the straw hat pirates. he's a captain of his own crew and there's already a cute brilliant doctor on board but that's too bad i really like law... such a shame!

Momonosuke & Kinemon: they'll probably be the main plot for the next arc but once it'll end they'll be on their separate ways and i don't neither one of them joining the crew. that cheeky brat and that kabuki samurai aren't interesting!

i don't think these mention in the poll (expect jinbe) will be joining the crew and it's too early conclude
that right now since the anime have another 10 years to go.
May 10, 2015 2:02 AM

Apr 2015
I have a feeling that Enel might join.

Hi
May 10, 2015 2:04 AM

Apr 2015
because he cant do shit against luffy, if you cant beat them join them.

Hi
May 14, 2015 6:42 AM
May 2015
Rebecca is too weak to join we already have weak straw hats and they need someone to fight the third admiral so I think the monster 3 will turn into 4 after the first son of the sea or Barto joins although he's not strong like that now and has a crew franky had a family and he can always get stronger he has the ability
May 14, 2015 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
IMO it will be Monet. They need someone with purpose so she is obvious choice as we saw her as someone interested in astrology. And remember Enel and space pirates?
And also Luffy's crazy love for snow. And she is logia DF...
We didn't see her die so am looking forward to see her entrance soon :)
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
May 15, 2015 2:37 AM

Dec 2014
Hisoka666 said:
IMO it will be Monet. They need someone with purpose so she is obvious choice as we saw her as someone interested in astrology. And remember Enel and space pirates?

In anime, her heart did stab by Caesar.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 15, 2015 3:31 AM

Oct 2014
aLotQuestion said:
Hisoka666 said:

That's the point, it was highly implied that it was her heart which was stabbed. But Law didn't confirm it yet. Besides Law acting like that was very strange, as he was supposed to change as he showed his disgust towards Doflamingo's behavior and said that he won't be like him anymore. Not only that, but Law asked Monet to lend him her abilities in Punk Hazard, if she indeed did as he asked her, it would be a very bad move from him to kill her. Not to mention that she never did anything bad to him, and his last quote in Punk Hazard was: "Those who do good will get good things in return."
May 15, 2015 4:06 AM

May 2013
Phoenix_Wright said:
aLotQuestion said:

That's the point, it was highly implied that it was her heart which was stabbed. But Law didn't confirm it yet. Besides Law acting like that was very strange, as he was supposed to change as he showed his disgust towards Doflamingo's behavior and said that he won't be like him anymore. Not only that, but Law asked Monet to lend him her abilities in Punk Hazard, if she indeed did as he asked her, it would be a very bad move from him to kill her. Not to mention that she never did anything bad to him, and his last quote in Punk Hazard was: "Those who do good will get good things in return."

I haven't watched the anime version of said scene, but in the manga, I distinctly remember Law smiling menacingly, whilst explaining the heart ploy, before saying "What goes around, comes around" (same idea really, same line just different translation) before cutting quickly to a collapsing Monet. So...it seemed like it was just Law being bad@ss, creepy Law. The line doesn't mean he thought Monet or the DD crew were good literally lol, it's clearly a rather vengeance-filled statement, saying that for what they had done to him in the past and present, the DD crew deserved to die or whatever Law could dish out.
May 15, 2015 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Well i am clinging to theory that in One Piece no one is dead untill you see grave. And one more thing,in manga blok C is shown as not destroyed by the explosion
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
May 15, 2015 6:10 AM

Oct 2014
Rocko52 said:

I haven't watched the anime version of said scene, but in the manga, I distinctly remember Law smiling menacingly, whilst explaining the heart ploy, before saying "What goes around, comes around" (same idea really, same line just different translation) before cutting quickly to a collapsing Monet. So...it seemed like it was just Law being bad@ss, creepy Law. The line doesn't mean he thought Monet or the DD crew were good literally lol, it's clearly a rather vengeance-filled statement, saying that for what they had done to him in the past and present, the DD crew deserved to die or whatever Law could dish out.

Wrong translation, I guess. In anime he clearly said: "As they all say, when you do something good, something good will happen to you." Plus Law couldn't have possibly learned that Monet's heart was stabbed, he didn't know that Caesar was going to stab Smoker's heart. I have a theory which explains it though. When Law met Monet that day, Monet said him that Caesar was nowhere around to be found. After that Law asked her to lend him some ability. And Oda switched the scene. It was never said what his request was, but I think that he asked her to write a note and pass it to one of Straw Hats, in case something happens with him. Monet was shown writing something, and not even in one scene. Law most likely forced her to do that, as he had her heart all along, and could crush it at literally any moment. So if that was really Monet, who tossed the note to Chopper, and I can't see it being anyone other than her, with Law being chained, being watched by Caesar, as well as not being able to use Room, because there was nothing to swap in air with note, and note was clearly tossed, then it would be a very bad move from Law to not put her heart somewhere in safety. It is also highly likely that he wasn't able to use Room at all, because it would have been visible (light blue aura), and moreover he was chained and couldn't lift his fingers to do that. Not to mention that Room won't let him to suddenly get pen and quill out of nowhere and write a note with no one being able to notice it. So in my view, this theory is the most likely, and explains why Monet said no one about Chopper, while she had to, and explains Law's words. I don't say that this was exactly what happened, but to me that makes the most sense. After all of this, it is very likely that Law swapped Monet's heart with someone's else to show his gratitude to her (he did the same thing with Caesar's heart in Green Beat, by the way, for the different purpose, though), as he is not the same man as Doflamingo or Caesar, who just kills people who devoted all their life to them.

I want to add that Law never met Monet before Punk Hazard, as she joined after Law leaving Doflamingo. It was mentioned by Oda in SBS that both Sugar and Monet joined after Law leaving, so while Law could have had a grudge against all Doflamingo Family's members, and not only Vergo and Doflamingo himself, Monet and Sugar were not part of those, as they joined later.
Phoenix_WrightMay 18, 2015 5:13 AM
May 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
Phoenix_Wright said:
Rocko52 said:

Wrong translation, I guess. In anime he clearly said: "As they all say, when you do something good, something good will happen to you." Plus Law couldn't have possibly learned that Monet's heart was stabbed, he didn't know that Caesar was going to stab Smoker's heart. I have a theory which explains it though. When Law met Monet that day, Monet said him that Caesar was nowhere around to be found. After that Law asked her to lend him some ability. And Oda switched the scene. It was never said what his request was, but I think that he asked her to write a note and pass it to one of Straw Hats, in case something happens with him. Monet was shown writing something, and not even in one scene. Law most likely forced her to do that, as he had her heart all along, and could crush it at literally any moment. So if that was really Monet, who tossed the note to Chopper, and I can't see it being anyone other than her, with Law being chained, being watched by Caesar, as well as not being able to use Room, because there was nothing to swap in air with note, and note was clearly tossed. It is also highly likely that he wasn't able to use Room at all, because it would have been visible (light blue aura), and moreover he was chained and couldn't lift his fingers to do that. Not to mention that Room won't let him to suddenly get pen and quill out of nowhere and write a note with no one being able to notice it. So in my view, this theory is the most likely, and explains why Monet said no one about Chopper, while she had to, and explains Law's words. I don't say that this was exactly what happened, but to me that makes the most sense. After all of this, it is very likely that Law swapped Monet's heart with someone's else to show his gratitude to her (he did the same thing with Caesar's heart in Green Beat, by the way, for the different purpose, though), as he is not the same man as Doflamingo or Caesar, who just kills people who devoted all their life to them.

Love ya man
May 15, 2015 6:22 AM

Oct 2014
Hisoka666 said:

Love ya man

Thank you!

I want to add. Monet and Sugar were recently stated to be sisters, who were saved by Doflamingo from the terrible environment. It was a really strange thing for Oda to say, assuming Monet really died, and Dressrosa arc comes to its end. I think it means something.
May 15, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
Hisoka666 said:
Well i am clinging to theory that in One Piece no one is dead untill you see grave. And one more thing,in manga blok C is shown as not destroyed by the explosion
But didn't Pell even walk up to his own grave?
May 19, 2015 10:22 PM
Apr 2015
I think Bartolomeo . In a past episode Bartolomeo said he wants to be a henchman of luffy senpai
May 20, 2015 3:56 AM

Feb 2014
Louise19 said:
I think Bartolomeo . In a past episode Bartolomeo said he wants to be a henchman of luffy senpai

he is too much of a fanboy to be a new nakama. I think he will have his own crew and be allies with straw hats :)
Aug 22, 2015 7:47 PM
Aug 2015
I think jinbei will be the 10th member of SH crew
Cause luffy's crew need someone who can fight in water or sea and help the devil fruit users from water
zoro and sanji can fight under the water or sea but just 4 minutes
I don't think bathomelo will join SH crew because luffy has't invited him to his crew
that my opinion :)
Aug 22, 2015 7:57 PM
Jul 2015
Law - surgeon (chopper is not)

Law fits all the profiles of nakama, and his story's basically over. I don't know why people are still denying the inevitable future that awaits all of us... :D

I bet it's all those pathetic Zoro fans. Cause Law's more popular than Zoro. lolololol.

Don't worry Zoro fans. Law is more of a "intelligent" type; and so Zoro (the stupid, raw power type) will eventually get stronger (even now might be comparable, cause Zoro hasn't shown full-strength yet) than Law.

But obviously Law's always going to be much cooler than Zoro; just like how Ussop rules Zoro... ;p
Sep 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
Eren will join the crew.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1116 Discussion

FMmatron - May 28

4 by wallus81 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 53 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 52 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

23 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:37 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 51 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:34 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 50 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
May 28, 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.