Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

shiki or humans.....watch the whole series and specials and read the manga...then decide

New
which side do you support *watch the whole series before voting including the specials*
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 29, 2016 6:11 AM

Feb 2016
Animefreak17a said:
TomDay said:

i never once stated that humans are better. if the shiki do the same thing as humans do then they're no better.

but its understandable why they are doing what there doing ......think about it.
Are you implying that what shiki did was understandable while what human did was incomprehensible?

Both side are the same, None is better and none is incomprehensible.

@Tomday
even if the shiki were to kill the humans, there's currently about 7 billion people on the earth. taking into account that some humans can turn into shiki (around 7 out of 10 times a person turned shiki in the show), that would bring even more shiki into the world. the doctor has already confirmed that shiki cannot multiply asexual or sexually, so while the human deaths would go up, the shiki population would go down eventually.

what sunako wanted wasn't shiki population but a far quite place for her family.
If you look at her goal, you will realize that that village will be the only place that will turn into shiki village, it wont spread to anywhere outside that.

here's the math. the shiki eat once a night. that's 365 meals a year. there are about 7 billion people on the planet. if they eat them all up that's around 19 million meals in one year, but of course it would be over the span of years. but we also have to take into account that those meals aren't in a whole - some humans become shiki and they will have to divide the food between them.
it is shown in anime that
  • Shiki doesnt need blood everyday
  • a small glass of blood can make them survive for a few days(or a week probably)
  • They dont need direct sucking for their food
  • Human wont become a shiki nor die with just a bite

let's say that 7 out of ten times someone is a shiki. that would be 70% of the earth. we can even put it lower and say 4 out of 10. that would be 40. dividing all that up, i would give them say 800-100 years, maybe 1500, before they've eaten all the people and then they're extinct. it's better to just kill shiki instead of having a vacant planet.

Well they dont need to suck human blood until they die, So i think your math isnt needed here. And no one will become shiki after the villagers. So nope human wont go extinct.
Apr 29, 2016 7:20 AM

Dec 2015
well there are some people who didnt understand something
the whole point of making a village of shiki only is
that after that they can freely make Blood banks
like control the information and in that way that wont leak.
or no one will belive that.

and in the show the red head and her mother in the special did live together when she feed her so it is possible not to kill them
the reason why the didnt just stop by sucking blood is because the head shiki order them to kill someone
or this person himself wanted to kill or take the chance that this persome will rise up.

and iam against humans... and this is far beyond this show they just show you how ugly humanity can be... yes the shiki are bad but they honestly did it because had no choice they were ordered to do so.
they also wanted to survive and every time they killed well in some way. it about how lucky you are to rise up... i bet if they could turn anyone to shiki without the risk of him being dead they would have done this. but well they took the risk.

so the shiki wanted a strength and entire village of shiki.
like i said that way they can just make a blood bank easily and just feed every one
when there are many of you, you wont fear to be disscovered when your alone you would prefer to make sure you wont be.
like they did.

the humans just go nuts and even if there were their own sibilings that just murder them, i could never support them espacilly when they killed them selve just because he was bitten or he helped some shiki.
Apr 29, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
by the way shiki is far more better then humans in so aspect
1. well if you live for long long time
you will eventually become really really smart.

2. i sure that there is a way to probably make blood out of nothing...
like you never tought about it but in human body there is part that produce blood.
so if you can make it just do it job without end you will get blood making machine
so eventually shiki wont be needed in humans anymore.

3. well yes shiki can live long enough without drinking blood and every meal it is not even close to kill human.
so one human have potential to feed shiki.

4. when you because much intelligent you wont do stupid thinks like humans so a shiki that live for 500 years is far better then 20 humans that live about 70 years
when wasting like 30 years of that time for education.
Apr 29, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
Xilly said:

Well they dont need to suck human blood until they die, So i think your math isnt needed here. And no one will become shiki after the villagers. So nope human wont go extinct.

they will still need to eat sometime. they're not noblesse.
Apr 29, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
Lelka_x2TT said:

1. if you live for long long time

10/10 logic

Apr 29, 2016 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
TomDay said:
Lelka_x2TT said:

1. if you live for long long time

10/10 logic

well isnt that true?
if you live fore 70 years and you spent like 50% of that for learning what have been know already isnt that waste?
when u can take life spawn of 10 people and make it single one that will waste the same amount of time as normal guy but that would be just 5% of his life?
so being undead mean you will be smart enough after 100-200 years with much more expirence so yea that LOIGIC is real

what better 30 reaserchers that will just spent each their time for making some cure in 100 years
when some one die and then new guy comes and have to learn again
or some vampire that wont die so he will be usefull or this time and in total will do the jon of 5 people in 50 years instead of 100...
Apr 29, 2016 9:59 PM

Feb 2015
Lelka_x2TT said:

well isnt that true?
if you live fore 70 years and you spent like 50% of that for learning what have been know already isnt that waste?
when u can take life spawn of 10 people and make it single one that will waste the same amount of time as normal guy but that would be just 5% of his life?
so being undead mean you will be smart enough after 100-200 years with much more expirence so yea that LOIGIC is real

what better 30 reaserchers that will just spent each their time for making some cure in 100 years
or some vampire that wont die so he will be usefull or this time and in total will do the jon of 5 people in 50 years instead of 100...

i think you're severely confusing wisdom and smartness...
Apr 30, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2015
TomDay said:
Lelka_x2TT said:

well isnt that true?

i think you're severely confusing wisdom and smartness...

well that doesnt matter
you still know better then some smart ass in who lived like not even half your life
so in some what and maybe in anyway he will be smarter...
so BETTER

well yes not every one who live long is smart but lets say like there is super smart shiki. some genius before he became shiki
and now he can live for houndered of years so he will become even more smarter after some time right?
Apr 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
the shiki arent arse holes like the red heck villagers i mean have you read the manga... it shows you more what the humans are like there dicks
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 30, 2016 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
Animefreak17a said:
the shiki arent arse holes like the red heck villagers i mean have you read the manga... it shows you more what the humans are like there dicks

only because they werte pushed to that level. as as i pointed out shiki can do pretty much what the humans can do if there's conflict.

Lelka_x2TT said:

well that doesnt matter

yes it does.

you still know better then some smart ass in who lived like not even half your life

i know someone who is nearly 50yrs old and she is the biggest moron i have known in my life. and i'm less than half her age.

so in some what and maybe in anyway he will be smarter...
so BETTER

....not sure if trolling...
Apr 30, 2016 9:00 PM

Nov 2014
Both blow, so neither is the best option.

May 1, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2016
Shiki is no better than human.

Co exist and Sunako's ideal are the only options for shiki.
And Co exist is unlikely to happen.

If we compared Shiki and human (as if what if they exist in reality)

Shiki is like a walking bomb, that hypnosis power is like walking with bombs only more dangerous, depends on who has the power, how much asshole he is both Shiki and Human will go extinct in no time.

Not everyone is like Sunako in anime.
If reality has shiki it will be like us human now.
We are the creature that always want to reign at top, So is shiki. Because Shiki born from Human.

One shiki wanting to be a king other also wanting to be a king result will be conflict and leads to war on both side and what awaiting them is extinction.

Lelka_x2TT said:
and iam against humans... and this is far beyond this show they just show you how ugly humanity can be..
SHiki is no different, they're born from human afterall. if they control the top food chain they will do the same thing as human, no denying it.

1. well if you live for long long time

knowledge =/= smart
those who have alot of half-baked knowledge and lack intelligent can be even more worst/dangerous.

2. i sure that there is a way to probably make blood out of nothing...
like you never tought about it but in human body there is part that produce blood.
so if you can make it just do it job without end you will get blood making machine
so eventually shiki wont be needed in humans anymore.
That's like saying there will be a way to prolong our life, so Shiki's long live isnt better.

4. when you because much intelligent you wont do stupid thinks like humans so a shiki that live for 500 years is far better then 20 humans that live about 70 years
when wasting like 30 years of that time for education.

Again knowledge =/= intelligent
And 500 years? giving bombs to millions of uneducated people and you expecting them to survive 500 years? they cant reproduce so that is toooo optimistic of you.

Animefreak17a said:
it's still in the realm of surviving like everyone would do(including shiki).
Both of them can be asshole if you look from opposite POV.

TomDay said:
Xilly said:

they will still need to eat sometime. they're not noblesse.
They only need a small glass of blood.
Not to the point where it will kill a single person.
Sunako wanted that small village because it's easy for her to control/manage all the shiki, anyone that goes overboard(needless kill) will be punished by her.

TL,DR
Human and SHiki are the same none is better, whether it's in this anime or whether it will happen irl.
Both of them have their pro and con.

Good Human will become good shiki. (if someone like Enstien and the like happens to become a shiki, our technology and such might be more advanced)

Bad Human will become bad shiki (If Isis happens to become Shiki, the world will ruin in less than a year.)
Ceren-May 3, 2016 11:17 PM
May 2, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
Xilly said:

Human and SHiki are the same none is better, whether it's in this anime or whether it will happen irl.
Both of them have their pro and con.

that's all what i've been saying. they're virtually humans anyway.

and not sure if i have said this before but awesome sig.
Jul 11, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
I'm a bit late to this party, but I agree that blood banks could have solved the problem of killing and potentially creating more shiki. The more shiki there are, the more people are killed, the more shiki are born, and eventually you run out of humans so the shiki die as well. Everyone loses if the shiki simply continue to kill humans.

I have to say that neither side handled this as they should. Using humans as blood banks without killing them would have allowed the shiki to live side-by-side with them until accidental death (or whatever) without creating more. That being said, the humans could have presented the option to, but neither side approached the other in a civil manner. Once the killing began, everyone got out of control and no one was thinking logically anymore. Humans were killing shiki and humans alike. If they had only sat down and talked to each other to begin with, I'm certain a solution could have been found.

This whole series was very I Am Legend (book and alternative ending, NOT theatrical ending). Not sure if someone already made this comparison, but the series definitely made me consider what made me human. In the end I don't think either side was truly human anymore. The shiki weren't in a physical sense, but the humans abandoned their mental humanity when they began murdering all of the shiki (as well as humans). A very thought-provoking series where no one was truly in the right, in my opinion.

If I had to choose, I would choose humans, however, I would rather a peaceful solution be found.
Jul 27, 2016 4:38 AM

Oct 2014
Let's suppose Shiki's are human and that we should try to preserve human throughout history.

Humans can feed off many different animals and plants.
Shiki can only feed off humans.

Humans can have childs.
Shikis are steriles.

If Shiki kill all humans to feed themselves then they no longer have food and will eventually die.

However, if humans kill all shiki then we can just keep in our course of enlightment and specie preservation.

Therefor, I think supporting Shiki is just plain stupid. Their morals aren't supperior only because they "don't want to kill us" but we "do want to kill them", we want to kill them to preserve our species, just as they kill us to preserve their species.

We can't both co-exist cause we are the only food of their.
Aug 15, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
iN3krO said:
Let's suppose Shiki's are human and that we should try to preserve human throughout history.

Humans can feed off many different animals and plants.
Shiki can only feed off humans.

Humans can have childs.
Shikis are steriles.

If Shiki kill all humans to feed themselves then they no longer have food and will eventually die.

However, if humans kill all shiki then we can just keep in our course of enlightment and specie preservation.

Therefor, I think supporting Shiki is just plain stupid. Their morals aren't supperior only because they "don't want to kill us" but we "do want to kill them", we want to kill them to preserve our species, just as they kill us to preserve their species.

We can't both co-exist cause we are the only food of their.

co existence can happen its only because humans fear them that they had no choice but to do what the did

i can name you others that had humans hating other spices

humans can be worse then the actual monsters even more then the monsters
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Aug 15, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
I don't support either. The conflict between the Shiki and the humans in the anime[also watched the specials] was simply a tragedy. Neither side is right or wrong. Shiki try to survive, but to do this they must kill humans. Humans don't want to be killed, so they fight back and kill Shiki.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Aug 16, 2016 1:10 PM
Aug 2016
I support Shiki. Well, as we've seen from the situation with Kanami and her mother, there may be opportunity for two species to coexist. I mean, Shiki don't have to kill in order to feed. One way to solve it could be blood banks. But they kill people because the people would never acknowledge them. If the villagers even knew about existence of Shiki earlier, they would just kill them without any negotiations. That's why Sunako wanted to create the village when she and other Shiki could live peacefully. Shiki aren't necessarily evil. They kill because they have no choice. If humans knew, they would be rejected and slaughtered. If Sunako's plan was succesful, who knows? Maybe someone would find a way and they could make blood banks. Or the plan was to create Shiki village and make them. It makes sense that way.
What bothered me about the villagers the most was how cruel they were. For example, Nao's and others' deaths. Only Hasegawa had enough compassion to not let Shiki suffer more. Other people would let them burn in the sunlight. Next example is Megumi's death. Did they really have to run her over several times? I don't think so. And don't forget the doctor's wife. Was experimenting on Kyouko humane? I really doubt it. I didn't like the cruelty of humans. They even tried to kill each other!
I've seen lots of people bitching about Seishin's betrayal. He was probably the nicest character of them all. He didn't want to participate in the massacre, he just wanted to be free and felt compassion for Sunako (like me). Personally, I didn't have any complaints about Seishin's and Sunako's survival and I was really glad to see them alive.
Tsuruyo_Aug 16, 2016 3:06 PM
Aug 16, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Oh man, I miss this show. Glad to see my all-time favorite horror anime getting some much deserved attention.

Anyways, my vote goes to neither. My favorite part of this show was that every single character was flawed. We know that the Shiki are evil for converting humans to their side, but after the truth was exposed, all the ugliest facets of the villagers came pouring out in the second half. At this point, the humans were hunting down Shiki for sport, as if they're animals. There really isn't anyone worth supporting by then. You might argue that the Doctor was a hero, but I thought that he wasn't any more redeeming with his extreme nihilism. You can also argue that the priest was a hero for saving the girl, but that'll just lead to more Shiki in the future. It's all a matter of beliefs here, and that's what makes it great.

Side question, but does anyone know any other shows like this?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Muroi is one of the worst characters in anime ( 1 2 )

masaba - Mar 30, 2011

99 by JustMonaka »»
May 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
May 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.