Saraba Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Ai no Senshi-tachi

Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato: In the Name of Love

English: Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato: In the Name of Love
Synonyms: Arrivederci Space Cruiser Yamato: Soldiers Of Love, Farewell Space Battleship Yamato: Warriors of Love
Japanese: さらば宇宙戦艦ヤマト・愛の戦士たち

Genres: ActionAction, DramaDrama, Sci-FiSci-Fi
Themes: MilitaryMilitary, SpaceSpace
Duration: 2 hr. 32 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

1 indicates a weighted score.

External Links

Oct 9, 2021
ProxyLain (All reviews)
Contains spoiler.
English is not my language and may contain errors.

This movie was better than I thought it would be.

I watched only a few episodes of Uchuu Senkan Yamato, but I dropped it. I decided to watch this movie because it is the only one from 1978 that I have left, since I am watching one movie from each year starting in 1960. I went to see this movie thinking it was going to be pretty average, but in the end it was very good.

I know that this movie takes place after Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Movie) which I have not watched, but since it is an read more
Feb 8, 2019
Win32error (All reviews)
Farewell to Space Battleship is a weird movie. Rather than being made to summarize a full season the way the first movie was, it's instead a sequel movie that was afterwards reworked into an actual series. And in a lot of ways it does feel like a too much story has been squished into too little time. I haven't watched the second season as of writing this review.

From it's start, Farewell is very much occupied with trying to recreate what worked in the original show. The additions to the cast are minor, Dessler is back from the dead once again to take a significant chunk read more