Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime Adaptation 'Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator' Announced, 'Toaru Kagaku no Railgun' Receives Third Season

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2016
@Deknijff

What do you think ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:
@Deknijff

What do you think ?
am real fucking happy as a To Aru fan right now
but am concerned about how hard it'll be to make a chronological order list with Index and Railgun having 3 seasons each with now Accelerator anime

and how the hell will I be able to convince new comers to watch it in Chrono after Accelerator coming out..........
Oct 7, 2018 7:29 AM

Sep 2009
ZBlastHistory said:
Of course Rrailgun 3 is a must when Iindex III also out but man the Accelerator one? I AM READT FOR 3rd remake of Imouto arc

Actually accel take place after the last order arc
Oct 7, 2018 7:57 AM

Nov 2016
Deknijff said:
FMmatron said:
@Deknijff

What do you think ?
am real fucking happy as a To Aru fan right now
but am concerned about how hard it'll be to make a chronological order list with Index and Railgun having 3 seasons each with now Accelerator anime

and how the hell will I be able to convince new comers to watch it in Chrono after Accelerator coming out..........

The challenge makes your cause worthier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
ezodagrom said:
Zefyris said:
If only theuy could adapt the Railgun SS rather than do some fillers as a complement, that would be perfect.

With how much Railgun SS was teased in Railgun 2, I find it very likely that it's going to be a part of Railgun 3.
Railgun SS was even mentioned at the very end of Railgun 2 (in the final episode they said it was "tomorrow").

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the first time something was teased in index and we don't get anything about it in the end~
But one can always hope that we get both the winged version and the instable boosted version in the same 3rd season~
Oct 7, 2018 7:59 AM

Aug 2018
When Index III aired i was hype af
then they announced accelerator spinoff anime + railgun S3

oh boi! I think im gonna explode with so much hype in ma body

cant wait to see misaka's persepective on daihasei festival <3

Thank you Lord for this wonderful news :D

#MisakaBless
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 7, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2009
salamander750 said:

It's filler, deal with it.

Filler is the part of the story that does not affect the previous or further plot or chatracters any way. Just filles the time.

This means two things:

1. It is wrong to call something filler if it affects the main plot or characters. Both anime original arcs in Railgun anime served as the conclusion for some plotlines from the original arcs that were abandoned in the manga.

2. Not from the source =/= filler. The source often has fillers also written by the author if he/she does not know how to contuinue the main plot but has to publish a new volume/manga chapter ASAP. And anything that is adaptation-original but is linked with the main plot and do not contradict it cannot be considered a filler.

So these arcs may be bad for your taste (and even me consider them not as good as the ones from the manga) but they are not filler.

So its you who should deal with it.
Nachtwandler_21Oct 7, 2018 12:42 PM
Oct 7, 2018 8:42 AM

Aug 2018
HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!
What a time to be alive. After so many years of no updates and now suddenly we get a new anime for Index, Railgun and Accelerator.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 7, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
YES! Only recently watched Railgun and Index to be able to watch Index S3, but this is just wonderful news. RAILGUN > INDEX.
Oct 7, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
I'm definitely glad that so many cult shows got sequels, but I'm still interested in one question - why so long? Is this a subtle sign of a crisis of ideas in the industry? This is rather suspicious, especially considering the current trend to give green light to long-forgotten genres like harems.

Oct 7, 2018 9:20 AM
Oct 7, 2018 9:40 AM

Jan 2008
Was too surprised of Accelerator getting an adaption that I didn't even notice Railgun also getting a 3rd season also in the title until looked at the 2nd video.
Oct 7, 2018 10:08 AM

May 2016
Well, can’t say I’m surprised
Oct 7, 2018 10:14 AM
we back

Aug 2015
I've always loved Railgun over Index, so I'm super fuckin' hyped about this.

And Accelerator getting his own anime is great news.
Oct 7, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
VanishingKira said:
Pretty much expected when Index III was announced it said "Toaru Project" so the implication was there.

Edit: Also Big Order Director for Accelerator yikes.
I wouldnt worry about that too much considering the source material is pure and utter garbage. And looking at the authors work he never could write well.
Oct 7, 2018 10:32 AM

Jun 2011
OMG S3 Railgun and TV adaptation for Accelerator? Yuss!! I hope there's not another sister arc though, it was good but it wasn't that great. I would've preferred Index S4 though if you ask me, have to catch up with those novel volumes..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 7, 2018 10:41 AM
Jul 2017
Zefyris said:

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the first time something was teased in index and we don't get anything about it in the end~

Wait, what was teased again? Can you remind me?

Nachtwandler_21 said:

Filler is the part of the story that does not affect the previous or further plot or chatracters any way. Jusdt dfilles the time.

This means two things:

1. It is wrong to call something filler iof it affects the main plot or characters. Both anime original arcs in Railgun anime served as the conclusion for sdom,e plotlines from the original arcs that were abandoned in the manga.

2. Not from the source =/= filler. The source often has fillers also written by the authjor if he/she doers not know how to contuinue the main plot but has to publish a new volume/manga chapter ASAP. And anything that is adaptation-original but is linked with the main plot and dowa not contradict it cannot be considered a filler.

So these arcs may be bad for your taste (and even me consider them not as good as the ones from the manga) but they are not filler.

So its you who should deal with it.

No, it was a filler arc because the arc is plagued with technical issues, character issues and chronological issues. Here's some of it:

THE Heave Canceler not being able to recreate whatever was inside the lollipop.
Uiharu's abilities are non existent and she ends up as some net search engine.
Misaka barely holds back an Armored Suit.This gets even worse when you see her knocking out dozens of them while carrying Febri.
Kongou reduced to a failed comic relief char.
Yoshikawa sitting at home,leaving children deal with something very dangerous.....and appears only for the big final ep and still lets them do all the work.

Just because it serves as continuation to some characters no body give a shit about doesn't mean it's not filler. These characters were mean to dissapear to show the darkness of Academy city anyway.

Also Kamachi isnt involved with the filler arcs.He just takes what he likes as canon.Thats why you won't see those filler character return ever.

Even If you think those arcs weren't filler. The ultimate anime filler guide list the whole 8 eps as filler, so those eps were filler no matter what you define it. It's filler, deal with it.
Oct 7, 2018 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
salamander750 said:
Zefyris said:

The first time the SS was teased was before half way of Railgun SS and everyone was expecting it to be the second part, didn't happen. The trailer for Index season 2 originally teased volume 14's content, didn't happen.
There's a few things like that that ended in disappointment for the fans wanting to see them despite those things being openly teased. It's been so long since we've got the index 2/railgun 2 that I kind of forgot what the other were tbh, but this has happened a few times.
Oct 7, 2018 10:59 AM
Jul 2017
Zefyris said:

The first time the SS was teased was before half way of Railgun SS and everyone was expecting it to be the second part, didn't happen. The trailer for Index season 2 originally teased volume 14's content, didn't happen.
There's a few things like that that ended in disappointment for the fans wanting to see them despite those things being openly teased. It's been so long since we've got the index 2/railgun 2 that I kind of forgot what the other were tbh, but this has happened a few times. [/quote]

You can blame Jc staff for that.

moodie said:
I wouldnt worry about that too much considering the source material is pure and utter garbage. And looking at the authors work he never could write well.

While I agree that Accel manga is kind of bad, what do you mean he never could write well? Did you miss Index and Railgun?
Oct 7, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2012
Been waiting for this news for a long time! At last!

Oct 7, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2009
Toaru Breeding Season.
Oct 7, 2018 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
Deknijff said:
Wait, hold on.

Why...

Oct 7, 2018 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
Deknijff said:
Wait, hold on.

Why...

Because I think chronological order is superior to release order when given the opportunity
Oct 7, 2018 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Neat to see Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator getting its anime. Definitely good news for the fans as well who looks into badass character lead(and also as far I read the manga the spin-off can be watch as standalone imo). But the director doesn't look any promising though, hopefully other staff will make up.

Both key visuals looks fantastic too. I really think one of the show will air first (assuming both will be 2-cour length).
removed-userOct 7, 2018 12:03 PM
Oct 7, 2018 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
Deknijff said:
Botato said:
Wait, hold on.

Why...

Because I think chronological order is superior to release order when given the opportunity
https://i.imgur.com/Pjk8nC6.png
Any particular reasons?

Because usually when things are written out of order, there are certain expectations and assumptions that will only work when following that particular order.
Oct 7, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
Deknijff said:
https://i.imgur.com/Pjk8nC6.png
Any particular reasons?

Because usually when things are written out of order, there are certain expectations and assumptions that will only work when following that particular order.
yeah dont really care about the authors so called intentions
people will simply say that as a defence no matter what be it if it enhances, does nothing or worsens the experience for the viewer
But I personally dont like it when something is out of order because it gives authors free rein to add things from no where to then add those things in a future part that takes place before it
If its in chronological order then that betters the chance of all the clues or elements being presented naturally for me without trying to surprise me
Oct 7, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2010
This is getting ridiculous now. As we know a film will also be announced for 2020.
Oct 7, 2018 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Deknijff said:
Botato said:
Any particular reasons?

yeah dont really care about the authors so called intentions
people will simply say that as a defence no matter what be it if it enhances, does nothing or worsens the experience for the viewer
But I personally dont like it when something is out of order because it gives authors free rein to add things from no where to then add those things in a future part that takes place before it
If its in chronological order then that betters the chance of all the clues or elements being presented naturally for me without trying to surprise me
I don't mean author's intentions. When a new work starts (in this case Railgun) after something else that's already progressed somewhat (Index), it usually doesn't pretend the reader/viewer doesn't know what's going on now or what's going to happen in the future, even if it's set in the past. It completely throws that out the window. So certain things will be talked about or mentioned like the most natural thing, and someone who started chronologically will be confused. Or certain things will be glossed over because they were explained in a future event that was published before, which will also leave the reader/viewer confused. You say "presented naturally" but it's anything except that. It also needlessly makes the simple action of watching something far more complicated than it should be, intimidating people in the process.

Well, in To Aru's case, when it comes to anime, I think it's meaningless to even bother with a "watch order" regardless of what kind of order. There's so much missing in-between content that's never going to be animated. And have you seen the unified calendar for this franchise? Good luck convincing anyone to follow that @_@
Oct 7, 2018 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
I guess I mind as well start watching Railgun I guess.

Oct 7, 2018 2:07 PM

Jan 2018
GalacticMagna said:

Railgun S is GOAT tier, just dont look up any spoilers.
Oct 7, 2018 2:27 PM

Jul 2011
Amazing news! I like Railgun more than Index and this is awesome! And I know nothing about the Accelerator spin off but I like the character so it will be good.
Oct 7, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
Holy crap! After years of inactivity, it feels like the Index verse is back in it's prime, and I couldn't be happier.

Railgun is as good as Index, so I'm hyped for season 3. Director aside, the Accelerator show should be really good too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 7, 2018 2:45 PM

Aug 2015
I have seen many railgun fans whining about how railgun should have gotten a third season instead of index. Well,looks like they have gotten their wish fulfilled not to mention the extra surprise gift of anime adaptation of Accelerator manga which i have heard is quite good too.

All in all it's a happy news for the fans of all the three series(index,railgun and accelerator)
Oct 7, 2018 3:31 PM

Apr 2010
I love this franchise. I am so fucking hyped right now I can't even think straight. They are really making up for the last couple of years. The Accelerator adaptation came out of fucking left field.

Also, Index > Railgun. I love Railgun don't get me wrong, but I still like Index more. I am OK with being the only person who thinks this way.
Oct 7, 2018 3:33 PM

May 2012
Toaru is my My Hero Academia if you know what I mean...

The hype is real!!!!
Oct 7, 2018 3:42 PM

Apr 2010
ZBlastHistory said:
Of course Rrailgun 3 is a must when Iindex III also out but man the Accelerator one? I AM READT FOR 3rd remake of Imouto arc

The Accelerator Manga starts right after Index 1 timeline wise. So way after Sisters.
Oct 7, 2018 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
lol talking about the director of Big Order
Oct 7, 2018 6:02 PM

Feb 2010
Deknijff said:
Botato said:
Wait, hold on.

Why...

preach brotha PREACH!

Kuribro said:
GalacticMagna said:

Railgun S is GOAT tier, just dont look up any spoilers.

correction Railgun S first 12 episodes are GOAT tier the 2nd cour of that season was filler dumpster fire.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2018 6:58 PM

Dec 2014
I've been waiting YEARs for a season 3 of railgun... YESSSSSSS I 'm soooooo excited!!!!
Oct 7, 2018 7:23 PM

Jul 2010
Yes!!

I was gonna add a little bit more but I can't remember what it was. It's nearing 4:30 AM here, I'm just too tired so I'm going to sleep.

-Hyped-
Oct 7, 2018 7:25 PM
Aug 2009
I have to admit I started the franchise with Railgun season 1, then went back and watched Index. I bought Index I,II and the movie on bd, as well as railgun S1, S2 I just have in the original dvd part sets. I have been buying the Railgun manga from the start, though it's getting a little boring atm. I never even knew there was an Accelerator manga being published in English and will have to look at that,

I think Railgun is a little more fun than Index, but I enjoy both and was happy with Index III ep 1. Looking forward to next year as well.
Oct 7, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2016
I watched Index S1 around a year ago so I'm not that big of a fan but I really like that accelerator is getting his own show. He was my favorite character from what I watched so I'm Happy.

Too bad I'll probably not watch it since I have to watch Index 2, Index 3 and Both Railguns in order to watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 8:33 PM

Jan 2018
Afloo said:
I watched Index S1 around a year ago so I'm not that big of a fan but I really like that accelerator is getting his own show. He was my favorite character from what I watched so I'm Happy.

Too bad I'll probably not watch it since I have to watch Index 2, Index 3 and Both Railguns in order to watch it.

You have plenty of time to watch them before accelerators show comes out. Also make sure to at least try railgun, lots of people prefer it to index or get into index because they love railgun so much :)
Oct 7, 2018 8:49 PM

Feb 2010
Afloo said:

accelerator manga takes place before season 2 BUT
if you want to see accelerator at his best you should see season 2 and 3 and railgun S first half has a better rendition of the sister arc including accelerators mental state of why he did what he did.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2018 9:54 PM

Oct 2017
The question is if the Accelerator anime will be one or two cour. Judging by the key visual, it's definite that they'll be adapting the first arc of the Accelerator side story but I don't think there's enough material for 24/25 episodes. Unless they'll add anime original material in the second half just like the first two seasons of Railgun.

As for Railgun S3, I'm excited for Railgun's version of the Daihasei Festival Arc. Although Liberal Arts City wouldn't make sense if we're talking from Toaru's chronological order, they can fit it in after Daihasei considering it's a field trip and it won't affect the main story. So here's hoping the third season will have both of these arcs.

Other than that, I can't wait. With Index 3 airing right now, it's a great time to be a Toaru fan!
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Oct 7, 2018 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
RobertBobert said:
I'm definitely glad that so many cult shows got sequels, but I'm still interested in one question - why so long? Is this a subtle sign of a crisis of ideas in the industry? This is rather suspicious, especially considering the current trend to give green light to long-forgotten genres like harems.

In regards to why Index III has taken so long despite them planning on it since the movie in 2013 and the reason we're also getting more of Index, and also SAO Alicization being 4-cour, I'd suggest you to read this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9m5mqh/reason_why_toaru_series_is_making_anime/

Oct 7, 2018 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
Not that hyped for the Accelerator show, but another season of Railgun is always good.
Oct 7, 2018 11:40 PM

Apr 2012
EasyGo-er said:
RobertBobert said:

In regards to why Index III has taken so long despite them planning on it since the movie in 2013 and the reason we're also getting more of Index, and also SAO Alicization being 4-cour, I'd suggest you to read this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9m5mqh/reason_why_toaru_series_is_making_anime/

Hmm, thanks for the info. I know about Miki and I really enjoyed his book about writing LN, but I didn’t know that he was so inspired by the idea of ​​adaptations. Well, if thanks to him I can get more Mahouka's anime and more adaptations of DB's titles, then I do not mind.

Oct 7, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2016
What a wonderful time to be a member of the Raildex fandom. Aaaaaaaaa
Oct 8, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2013
OVERPOWERED99 said:
As for Railgun S3, I'm excited for Railgun's version of the Daihasei Festival Arc. Although Liberal Arts City wouldn't make sense if we're talking from Toaru's chronological order, they can fit it in after Daihasei considering it's a field trip and it won't affect the main story. So here's hoping the third season will have both of these arcs.
Actually
will not make sense in sports festival arc if they adapt liberal arts city after. Not that it's overly important it was just there as a nod mostly and could be taken outright but it makes little sense for
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
4 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
Today, 7:04 AM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Today, 4:11 AM

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.