Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
I liked it. Everyone agrees that the fleshed out sisters' arc was really well done. The filler arc was...kinda meh. The finale reminded me a lot of Railgun in terms of the flashiness and wtf? moments but it wasn't a tragedy.

I wish they would of given a text confirmation of a new season either for Index or Railgun. The comment about the Arts City is not concrete enough. Although does maybe show the production side is thinking about continuation as well.

In the end, I enjoyed it week to week. The filler arc wasn't the best but it wasn't horrible. The cast is what makes the show and even though Silent Party had a > > plot line...the bigger payoff was seeing Misaka's character grow.

Objectively it is probably a 7 or 8 given the shortcomings in the second half and some of the ??? in the finale but this is a series where a lot of subjectivity is present and thus 9/10. Personally found it a more entertaining watch than the first season.
Sep 29, 2013 3:34 PM
Mar 2013
I wasn't much into the Silent Party arc, but holy hell, this episode...

God bless.
Sep 29, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
However, you should wonder why they aren't freezing first at that altitude

If there's almost nothing to give heat to (like, air), it's problematic to freeze as well.

zushakon said:
Not to mention how the lack of air pressure at that altitude would just make them simply explode...

And no, they don't explode either. Although even a brief exposure to vacuum can easily cause some nasty trauma.
Sep 29, 2013 3:49 PM
Oct 2010
Also, I'm guessing the end of the index movie takes place the day after this ep? Or am I wrong?
Sep 29, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2008
Probably my favourite season of the To Aru series, and i dont even like Misaka that much. hope the next one will be even better, im counting on you JC Staff!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2013 4:51 PM

Jul 2007
So let me sup up my thoughts on this season.

First of all the sister arc. I freaking loved it. It was done amazingly well and i don't have the slightest complain. Everything from animation to OST was perfect.

Filler arc: The story was shit. Many things didn't made sense at all sadly. STILL i don't think it was THAT bad as in, it has a lot of fan service. We got to see more of everyone, Febri was cute and the last episode had AWESOME fights (0 sense but still).

Many people ask "Why" and would prefer for the anime to finish at 16. Well yeah the point of anime besides entertaining us, is to be profitable. I'm not gonna pretend I'm an expert of this but I'm sure that it wasn't possible for J.C staff to end the show at 16 eps and the end result wouldn't be as good if the Sisters arc was any smaller. I think the way they did this was not bad and it should satisfy most people. Seems like I'm in the minority here ^^

Anyways personally i think that s2 is only the sisters arc and that's what i take into account when rating it. For the time being at least. I really really hope they make another season of this. I'm gonna miss it so much.

Ps> I loved the way they used old openings in this episode <3
Sep 29, 2013 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
man... i wish they did the arc with misaki instead
8/10 for strong start and ill just ignore this arc.
Sep 29, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Shangetsu said:
Okay JC, you delivered so much with this first half that you can do whatever you want with the remaining episodes and I won't even be mad.

I know I said that in the 16th episode thread but that was one really shitty filler here. First season's filler was alright but this time around it's like they tried to appeal too much and failed horribly.
Sep 29, 2013 6:31 PM
Mar 2013
Comprehensive review to be up later. I gave it a 5... In context it was fun to watch and I liked it, out of context it might be a little confusing, but I still actually loved watching this episode because of all the good music and nostalgia. So assuming that I ignore all of the contradictions in this arc and just remember the good parts (because I kind of tend to do that when watching anime) 5/5.

The first part of the season was clearly much better though for someone like me who is a railgun manga reader and I'll give this season a solid 10/10. The second part of the season had to be there because the filler arc is necessary for popularity. After considering that I really just liked the arc and enjoyed seeing ITEM in action.

Either way, the one big thing that this arc told us plotwise was that 1. Gensei was behind the level 6 shift (Season II part 1) and that he angered STUDY and was therefore responsible for Season II part 2. We already knew he was responsible for Season I part I and indirectly season I part 2...

I think I see a trend here... At least that was nice to know/see/get as information, because that WASN'T in the SISTERS ARC.
Sep 29, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
i love the last ep but not the whole arc.. i dunno, maybe because the sisters arc was just freakin' awesome!

sisters arc = 10/10
silent party- 7/10

overall 9/10
Sep 29, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
I thought it was full of contradictions and cliches, but it was enjoyable in its own right, especially with ITEM's appearance. The attempts to incorporate other parts of the raildex story into it were a bit unbelievable. Still, it was a fun watch, and I don't regret staying for this arc, but I do hope they'll make an announcement for Index III soon... And it better not be rushed liked its predecessors!
"If you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never be able to smile."
~Negi Springfield
Sep 29, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
Seeing the results of the poll, its become obvious what the general outlook of the episode is. IF you can turn your brain off just for this one episode, this will be one of the most enjoyable anime episodes of the year and will be rated 5.

However, a lot of Index LN readers have gotten used to thinking with their brain when reading and have an inability to turn it back off when viewing something like this episode which is supposed to exist in a universe in which you are supposed to think with your brain.

I guess all I'm trying to say is: don't be too hard on the people who don't like this episode, because their brains are still working.

However, DO NOT use this arc or episode as a reference of character's capabilities or character growth as it is complete BS. Have fun with the episode, but don't use it in any argument regarding Raildex in the future.
Sep 29, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2013
still waiting for my country version =_=
hope it will be more great than Railgun vs Therestina battle
Sep 29, 2013 8:08 PM
Oct 2012
When I read the comments I was thinking that this show would suck. But:

Index fans really need to take a tranquilizer or something. Yes railgun is filler, but it is superior filler. It develops Misaka as a character without contradicting the main show. That is something that should be complimented.

You don't need to turn your brain off, all you need to discount are your biases, and this is a perfectly fun final.

As a minor matter, for the people bitching about how Misaka couldn't defeat one robot several episodes ago, but could wipe out more today. This isn't that hard to explain. Previously she thought the robots were controlled by humans, now she knows that they aren't. That difference in attitude was all she needed. What she needed to do was to disrupt the control beam, not destroy the robot. So complainer, chill, the problem isn't with the show, rather with your comprehension.
Sep 29, 2013 8:25 PM
Jul 2012
This arc, like the poltergeist arc, is pretty forgettable and quite "meh". However, while it's kinda worse than the poltergeist arc content-wise("a level 5 can't do anything if you can't move"...really?), it's still kinda better since it has more references to the non-filler, so it's actually more relevant to the themes of this season, so on that point it's not as bad. That being said the filler won't do anything to my rating of 8, liked sister arc quite a bit. Since they had much less leftover episodes in that season, imo they should had made those filler stand-alone eps like last season because I thought those were good mostly because they offered nice changes of pace, it's better than having a meh arc for the end, kinda messes with sisters arc's great climax
Sep 29, 2013 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
Thank you Nagai. Thank you for messing with the Raildex timeline and having events that freaking clash with the established canon. Thank you for not nodding off to the fact that Etzali was stalking Mikoto this whole week. Thank you for having all of these events take place during the events of Index Volume 5. Thank you for that lame attempt at giving Mugino a FIVE_OVER. Thank you for the lame villains.

Aside from that....it was heartwarming and crazy. However, it was too flawed. Honestly, after reading Index NT8 and Railgun Chapter 63, there was NO way that this was going to satisfy me.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Sep 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2011
well what a ride i wasn't expecting this season to be that good action wise but i was surely mistaken i love almost all of this besides the final *filler Arc*

for this arc it seemed interesting at first but with the weak ass villain and everything else it turned out silly which is fine because i can just treat this as the dumb & fun arc which i can just forget :P.

now i wonder what i can expect in future i can only think of that blonde girl with the star eyes and more ITEM plus accelerator
Sep 29, 2013 8:59 PM

Dec 2012
Bad ending... did they really need to play songs in the background through the whole damn episode. Season as whole is 7/10 for me. The ending is a 2/5.
Sep 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Aug 2012
Great series, I ended up watching both seasons back to back. As someone who has only watched the Railgun series, where do I go from here? I loved the characters and I'm interested to find out what other stuff Misaka gets herself into. would anyone mind helping me out? Thanks!
Sep 29, 2013 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
8/10 as a whole.
This arc wasn't the best.

Much better all around than Railgun.
Sep 29, 2013 9:17 PM

Sep 2012
while this arc quite bad... there are part where i like it.. the best part is aogami's cameo.. :)
Sep 29, 2013 9:27 PM
Jul 2012
I didn't really care all that much for this last arc but the Sisters arc was really well done. I did enjoy this last episode with all of the previous songs playing in the background and I guess it was pretty cheesy how everything got resolved with teamwork (they really drilled that point home this arc).
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 29, 2013 9:49 PM

Feb 2013
Just going to echo everyone's thoughts, but I'll keep it at a 9/10 cause I still enjoyed even the worst episodes.

Gonna miss this show and the Raildex universe for a while.
Sep 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
Kurokos' limit is 81m.And no you dont end up ok when you are in space without suit even for a minute.

Stealthbird97 said:

You are blind.
5 paragraphs of bullshit.
Frontalbrise said:

Nope it isnt.There is no reason that even one of those power suits can be pushed back from even 10 normal teens.They were stopping them in their tracks like they were toys not confusing their AI.

Takuan_Soho said:

Superior filler...yeah....
Actually yes it contradicts the actual main show,the entire Index and Railgun series.It has been said so many times why that is too.

And no this isnt an explanation.The Power suits werent exploding like crazy,they were KOed.There is no way for the human to be critically injured by a hard fall that Mikoto could easily do to the first one.

That people actually praise Railgun's bullshit while anything that they "dont understand" in Index is bad writing blows my mind.

ssjokgSep 29, 2013 10:09 PM
Sep 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2013
still a fan of Railgun of series, i don't care of what bad things about present arcs are being said
i just enjoyed all the features of this anime and felt very comfortable XD

but there are still some small things pretty anoying in some arcs, espec Silent Party where we see dirty experiments @_@
Sep 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Nope it isnt.There is no reason that even one of those power suits can be pushed back from even 10 normal teens.They were stopping them in their tracks like they were toys not confusing their AI.

Honestly, that part wasn't so big an issue considering how 3 Level 0s outmaneuvered and overpowered multiple powered suits and a FIVE_OVER Modelcase.Railgun on their own in NT...

Sep 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

Honestly, that part wasn't so big an issue considering how 3 Level 0s outmaneuvered and overpowered multiple powered suits and a FIVE_OVER Modelcase.Railgun on their own in NT...

While just standing in front of them?
Sep 29, 2013 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

Point taken. Even so, that wasn't Nagai's worst error. Like I said in an earlier post-timeline conflicts. I know the Railgun anime has messed up the timeline before but this was ridiculous if you look at the timeframe. This would have taken place on the day of the fake date....

Sep 29, 2013 10:15 PM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

Point taken. Even so, that wasn't Nagai's worst error. Like I said in an earlier post-timeline conflicts. I know the Railgun anime has messed up the timeline before but this was ridiculous if you look at the timeframe. This would have taken place on the day of the fake date....

You know I could actually ignore the timeline,just like I did with Kongou,and try to enjoy this arc as a spin off but the timeline is the least of my problems with this arc.
Sep 29, 2013 10:40 PM
Apr 2008
This season was some dank ass shit.
Sep 29, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2013
Best scene = Misaki.
Will she have more screen time if another season is planned? I mean after this season's arc.
Sep 29, 2013 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
FlamingYu said:
Best scene = Misaki.
Will she have more screen time if another season is planned? I mean after this season's arc.

Yes. A lot more. As in, borderline main character.
Sep 29, 2013 11:39 PM

Jul 2013
I would say the last episode was really entertaining, very action packed and Janie and Febri reunite in the end.

Well, the Sisters Arc was much more interesting then the Silent Party Arc. I'll give this an 8/10.

Sep 29, 2013 11:44 PM
Apr 2013
Q24 said:
That was awesome. Right, "transformer" was dumb as fuck, but still awesome.
Oh and darkness was so dark that I have to take off my sunglasses to see anything, heh.

There was some problems with timeline? Well, Railgun didn't go with LN timeline in the first place so fuck that shit.

I'm waiting for season 3 and Index 3 before that of course.

Dude, check this calendar and watch the last part of episode 24. They mentioned that they were gonna go to Liberal Arts City the next day, September 3, so that means the epilogue happened on september 2. There, inconsistencies in the timeline.

Here's the calendar for counterchecking:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/7/7d/A_Certain_Unified_Calendar.png
Sep 29, 2013 11:51 PM
Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:

You know I could actually ignore the timeline,just like I did with Kongou,and try to enjoy this arc as a spin off but the timeline is the least of my problems with this arc.

I'm telling you there were no inconsistencies aside from Kongou's earlier introduction. Check this calendar I tell ya!
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/7/7d/A_Certain_Unified_Calendar.png
Sep 29, 2013 11:58 PM

May 2013
nice ending nice song always a fan of mikoto

9/10
Sep 30, 2013 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
Nice ending and I got goosebumps everywhere from epicness!

"Burning Pantsu!" LOL. Saten is Saten until the end. XD
Sep 30, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
Thank god this arc (and season) is over... Like many others said, Sisters arc was just awesome and this arc was awful and nerve-wrecking to watch.

Someone please say this arc was only a bad dream.
Sep 30, 2013 1:19 AM

Aug 2008
Amarrez said:
- The timeline makes sense. If we're going by the Raildex timeline then all this happens on the same day as Touma and Misaka's fake date during the side stories. It's retarded and retconning as fuck.
- How did Kuroko and Misaka survive the descent? In Index teleportation conserves momentum, you don’t just appear in some new spot with no physics involved
- Why does an airline company have a mech?
- Why did they put two middle school girls in charge of the mech?
- Why are STUDY’s robots so weak they can be beaten by school students armed with riot shields and what look like big metal brooms? Why don’t they have guns?
- Why didn’t Misaka just use that cool speedster trick to apprehend the STUDY leader when he was attempting to hold her hostage earlier?
- Why is Yomikawa fine with kids going out to fight the dark side of Academy City? It goes against her character entirely.
- How could Kuroko and Misaka talk in space?

Eh, I agreed your points. As for the last one, lest just say ANYONE can talk is space in fiction. TO be air, they weren't quite in space either. As for the descent thing, there's probably ways to explain it in-universe I guess. In Endymion it gets worse anyway... But then Magic defies logic, so not quite the same I guess? Meh.

I liked the Endymion nod. Retconned epic tower FTW!
Sep 30, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
I didn't know espers also had the ability to breathe and talk in space. However, is there anything Saten can't do? She can wield a bat, be a surrogate mother, and now she can pilot a mecha!

Anyways, Sisters' arc great. Silent party not so much.

Serious question though for manga/LN readers and this kind of annoyed me. Why was the blonde (Misaki iirc) featured in the first OP and first episode of Railgun S and not appear again in this season (barring the Sisters' arc) until now ? Does she make a major reappearance later on or what?
Sep 30, 2013 1:41 AM

Jun 2012
Went downhill and too "girly" after the first arc, wish it had more Accelerator..

The 1st arc was pretty good though
Sep 30, 2013 1:57 AM

Jan 2012
Would give this anime around 9 , then it became 7 because of this arc. Sisters arc was epic
Sep 30, 2013 2:24 AM

Jul 2010
I wish if they had ended the series on episode 16. And now that i think about it in a different way, production committee is an idiot. They could've make it like Clannad. Put awful 8 episodes earlier and then comes the Misaka sisters arc. Everyone would've forgotten what happened earlier. Probably more sales and higher reputation. Now it leaves bad taste right at the ending.
Sep 30, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2012
01:48 "Jajjimento desu no!"

01:49 "CHOOOOOOTTO!"

08:33 "Kongou-USR"

10:13 dat Chou-idiot

10:34 Agreed. Shizurichan choukirei desu!

17:21 dat Kongou pose lol

21:43 why Meidofuku? stupid fanservice

22:32 fripSide logos all over the screen

Kinda rushed, but still quite nice. 6/10 for this ep.
Overall, 8/10
ShirubaasouruSep 30, 2013 2:35 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 30, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
Well ending is good enough

But no announcement about Index III?
Disappointing :(
I'm looking forward for GROUP :)
"Signature removed"
Sep 30, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2009
Actually I've read some theories saying that this happens during/just after angel fall arc; so the people themselves aren't aware of the face-swaps. Since this is told from Railgun chararcters' pov, they would be erm intact lol.
I'm guessing that while this whole arc is happening, you have Accel meeting LO and Touma going back to school after his usual adventures.
As for the filler arc, they should have adapted more canon material/manga material, like the Daihasesai arc and at the end announced Index III XD It's been long enough! Stop milking it already!
Also, the last episode was actually fun and all the friendship moments were sweet but it does feel hollow seeing how I don't particularly care about Febli blah blah and Misaka and a few other characters were being rather OOC. I mean, I don't think Misaka ever tells Kuroko about the sisters and putting her friends in danger just doesn't sit well with me. This arc will do well with Railgun only folks and I guess that's what they were targeting..
The only thing that'll make up for having to go through this filler arc week after week is Index III. Come ON.
madsin92Sep 30, 2013 3:22 AM
Sep 30, 2013 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
TravSavage said:
I didn't know espers also had the ability to breathe and talk in space. However, is there anything Saten can't do? She can wield a bat, be a surrogate mother, and now she can pilot a mecha!

Anyways, Sisters' arc great. Silent party not so much.

Serious question though for manga/LN readers and this kind of annoyed me. Why was the blonde (Misaki iirc) featured in the first OP and first episode of Railgun S and not appear again in this season (barring the Sisters' arc) until now ? Does she make a major reappearance later on or what?

Well my guess is that since in the manga she has an arc of her own and has a role to play in the index NT novels, they;re trying not to mess with her character setting too much. Having her manipulate memories is a convenient way to tie up a filler arc so they introduced her before a canon arc began.
Sep 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Feb 2012
Dang, Misaka is crazy strong!!

Awesome season! Febri is sooo adorable!! Hope to see more of this series or Index!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 30, 2013 3:57 AM

Sep 2013
episode 24 is still not a end :=V
there will be next seasons and it will give us more clues about dark sides of Gakuen
so don't overrate the situation after Railgun S ended, it may confuse some To Aru fans O_O
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.