Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
They can't even have a king's birthday celebration in peace. But on a bright note, at least Tinasha was able to help Oscar again when he needed the most.

Episode kinda felt like a setup for something grander though. Just got a strange feeling about how they'll play Oscar into his role with his curse lifted. Lanak was super creepy this episode with his intentions...
Stark700May 14, 8:25 AM
May 14, 8:42 AM

Mar 2023
"I'll kill that man and bring her back.
If she still insists on being with another man, then I'll let her go."

Yeah, totally believable and even reasonable train of thought.

The way it was shown in the anime their relationship really didn't amount to much.
It feels pretty illogical how hard he is trying when it didn't seem like they were ever really togheter. He just one-sidedly decided it was love at first sight and then never stopped, with little care for how she feels about it.
May 14, 8:59 AM
Oct 2022
Oscar is not stronger than Lanak at this moment. Maybe after he trains more, he will be able to bring Tinasha back.

Anyway, awesome episode, I expect a political conflict between The Great Four Nations.

Oscar is best man which can acced the throne after his father’s death.
May 14, 9:28 AM

Dec 2010
Someone who read the whole novel (6 volume according to the wiki) tell me, using spoiler, if this lanak and his friend mage will die in a painfull way in the next episodes. :)

Anyway, the anime reach the manga adaption, it feel like many episodes are missing since it was so fast paced but make sense if they want to compress everything in 12 episodes.
Fn76May 14, 9:34 AM
May 14, 9:33 AM

Dec 2020
WHAT THE HELL WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE HELL THE WHAT THE FUCK!!??
They kiss and on that night she leaves him to go to her who knows the fuck the king of Cuscull Lanak??
I feel so out of place dang I'm totally lost. Worst adaptation I've ever seen.

No choice but to read the ln
May 14, 9:53 AM

Apr 2023
Honestly in all seriousness the implosion of this adaption needs to be studied.

May 14, 9:56 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Dude what the fuck is this pacing?
The connection between the events is totally fucked up, i can't understand many things, like the coment above i am lost too.
And a leak says that there will be 2 cours (will probably be announced at the last episode), this is just a stupid screenwriter.
May 14, 10:21 AM
Jun 2022
The romance between them feels a little bit too fast , but well some ln readers have explained something, I'm desperately waiting for the next episodes for the reveal , i mean the plot is looking excellent
May 14, 10:25 AM

Apr 2022
I feel like I just watched someone's fever dream. What the fuck is even going on at this point? The pacing was already wack from the beginning but now I'm definitely dropping this...
May 14, 10:30 AM
Jul 2023
Last week was rape as a prank and this week they're kissing.

It's like the script writer decided the way to do pacing was randomly flip to a page.
May 14, 10:34 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to GeoXsf9
WHAT THE HELL WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE HELL THE WHAT THE FUCK!!??
They kiss and on that night she leaves him to go to her who knows the fuck the king of Cuscull Lanak??
I feel so out of place dang I'm totally lost. Worst adaptation I've ever seen.

No choice but to read the ln
@GeoXsf9 It was an act, to spare his life. She is putting a face to decieve Lanak. There is no way she has forgiven him for what he has done to her.
May 14, 10:48 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Fn76
Someone who read the whole novel (6 volume according to the wiki) tell me, using spoiler, if this lanak and his friend mage will die in a painfull way in the next episodes. :)

Anyway, the anime reach the manga adaption, it feel like many episodes are missing since it was so fast paced but make sense if they want to compress everything in 12 episodes.
@Fn76
Fn76 said:

May 14, 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Holyyy, Lanak pulling up and taking Oscar’s girl right in front of him is hilarious icl. I almost wanted her to stay with Lanak until their backstory got revealed, now I just want to see Lanak die in the most painful way imaginable.

The ritual scene with him stabbing Tinasha was so hard to watch man wtf. Betrayed Tinasha trust and led to the destruction of the kingdom with her awakening her powers. Oscar please kill this dude painfully. Surely Tinasha has a plan too, putting the per…blood on Oscar ear, leaving her dragon with him, I’m sure she knows he’ll come for her.

Still, the pacing in the show feels all over the place at times, particularly as it relates to their relationship because we had the rape joke stuff last week and now they’re kissing?

When Oscar went to go meet his dad at the end to let him know what he was planning, the king goes “maybe it runs in the blood” could be a literal thing about being hardheaded, but I think it also is a reference to falling for witches because I’m pretty sure Oscar’s mom will end up being a witch that somehow had a rivalry with another one leading to the curse. Last week hinted at it with that red orb in the treasury too.

F’s in the chat for poor Cecilia too. Tried Rizzing Oscar up just to get aired and kicked out by Tinasha after being called an imbecile lmaoo

Pacing aside, solid episode
Marinate1016May 14, 11:43 AM
May 14, 10:50 AM

May 2019
Reply to Mainblocks
@GeoXsf9 It was an act, to spare his life. She is putting a face to decieve Lanak. There is no way she has forgiven him for what he has done to her.
@Mainblocks
That's exactly my thoughts too, that she has a plan against Lanak but is going along with whatever he's scheming for now. To add, the witch Lucrezia explained how Tinasha left her dragon in Oscar's care and how Tinasha protected Oscar against Lanak.

Also, I think Tinasha knows that Oscar will show up and therefore may wait for him to put her plans in motion, and regarding the people that disappeared from the village she "attacked" I think she transferred them to an undisclosed location.
May 14, 11:01 AM

Jan 2019
I like the story, characters are interesting, and art style is decent, but can't shake off feeling of skipping every second episode. Narration is a mess, animation quality often straight up bad. What a shame.
May 14, 11:04 AM
Oct 2010
I think when the series is done I'll have to go and read the source novels just to see how much of a hatchet job they did on this; even without having read it, it's obvious that they've amputated huge chunks of the story and left a cadaver barely held together by tendon and gristle to tell the tale. It's too bad too, all the elements are there to make a really compelling story but it's lurching along step by staggering step.
May 14, 11:08 AM
Aug 2021
Thank god I’m not the only one not feeling this way. I’ve been feeling as if I’m watching S2 and I missed S1 because I have no idea what’s happened and where this is going. Zero linearity between episodes and no plot direction. I don’t read manga but from what I’ve read, it’s a way better story than this.
May 14, 11:09 AM
Jan 2009
I really hate when writers make their characters act like idiots to force a plotline instead of coming up with some sort of believable reason for things to happen. Classic example is in...so many movies/shows, where the heroes say something along the line of "despite having an army, we need to go in a small party so that we're not detected," and then of course they're immediately detected and the entire movie/show is them struggling against situations that they could have simply used the army they decided to leave behind to solve.

Here, the Lanak situation makes no sense. We're shown that Lanak is far less powerful than even the childhood version of Tinasha, who is similarly far less powerful than current Tinasha. There is no explanation for why she doesn't just kick his ass right now. There is no explanation for why she hides the spell on Oscar to "protect him" when the spell already made him invincible against magic/physical attacks and she is perfectly capable of stopping anything Lanak tried to do anyway. There is no reason for her to go with Lanak and no reason for her to obey him, and we ALL know that, even if the intent was to protect Oscar (which, again, makes no sense), he's obviously going to go after her and fight with Lanak, which she should know. This is another very common trope, where character A allows themself to become a hostage/pawn to protect character B, and then character B is forced to protect character A, so character B's attempt to protect character A just puts character A in more danger in a completely predictable and incredibly overused way that makes no sense unless the characters are idiots.

In short Tinasha's decision making makes no sense, the only danger Oscar is in is because she's acting like an idiot for no reason except lazy plot writing.
amf85May 14, 11:43 AM
May 14, 11:12 AM
Jun 2019
I usually couldn't care less about a series like this, but for some reason the build up seems so good, and the characters act like normal people, not the generic "cold-blooded" or "powerful and careless". It will be interesting to see how Tinasha will break Oscar's heart,
. I feel like we will have, at least 1 episode, of preparing for the "grand battle". Hope they will make it well and don't rush things. I haven't read the light novel, so definitely interesting how things will go.
It just doesn't add up. Maybe she was preparing Oscar for this moment? But that still doesn't make sense on why she would do this? Even if she was protecting Oscar, I feel like together they could've defeated the guy right there? Maybe we'll get some backstory next episode, or in the close future.
May 14, 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
Reply to luisfunes99
@Fn76
Fn76 said:

@luisfunes99 Thank you, is music for my ears. I like somehow revenge stories. :D
May 14, 11:19 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to ScrubRL
I usually couldn't care less about a series like this, but for some reason the build up seems so good, and the characters act like normal people, not the generic "cold-blooded" or "powerful and careless". It will be interesting to see how Tinasha will break Oscar's heart,
. I feel like we will have, at least 1 episode, of preparing for the "grand battle". Hope they will make it well and don't rush things. I haven't read the light novel, so definitely interesting how things will go.
It just doesn't add up. Maybe she was preparing Oscar for this moment? But that still doesn't make sense on why she would do this? Even if she was protecting Oscar, I feel like together they could've defeated the guy right there? Maybe we'll get some backstory next episode, or in the close future.
ScrubRL said:

The reason why, its explained in the ln, but with how certain scenes and lore has been skipped, i dont know how it will be explained on the anime, and if it will make sense. But they do explain why tinasha acted the way she did.
May 14, 11:35 AM

Jul 2017
I know I've criticized the Slime anime a lot recently with its pacing and execution being too slow, repetitive and lacking in imagination, but this anime might be as egregious with how godawful and rushed the pacing is as the story really doesn't explain and guide through Oscar and Tinasha's relationship to get to this point compared to where it was last week, and the week before that, etc. The light novel's extra stories definitely handle the transitions a lot smoother even with some weird stuff here and there, but the anime just says 'fuck that' and has so many things happen that don't even make sense with how jumpy it is with everything when she was denying wanting to be married to having Oscar go too far previously and then insert some scenes with Tinasha sitting on Oscar's lap and being very close to now kissing him and jumping into his arms and there's no structure to that whatsoever (even if the kiss was more of a goodbye for her), let alone the lore and actual story taking place besides that. Essentially, stuff just happens in this adaptation and because the buildup to everything is so rushed and skipped beyond belief and relationships are horribly built up, nothing feels like it matters. Feels like episodes just disappeared off the face of the earth before this one took place and that feeling is present in the others too. You can tell that Tinasha is up to something with Lanak that goes beyond how she acted but the execution again... was pretty rough. Even Oscar breaking the curse felt like absolutely nothing either and that was the key point which was a part of the hook in the premiere episode. The animation here did not help whatsoever in redeeming anything about this episode.

I'm not particularly a fan of the books but even I feel like this series didn't deserve the adaptation it is getting, ENGI are not the best and watching episodes like these just gives me negative confidence in their capabilities with light novel/visual novel material. It feels way too forced having to get to the end of Volume 3 no matter what and sacrificing important storytelling and development beats to get to that point and have the series still matter and be impactful. This project is just a soulless mess.
May 14, 11:41 AM
Jan 2022
This anime is now the best example for referencing how not to pace an anime. I have to drop it no matter how good the plot could be. 6 episodes in, and this is still so damn random.

What makes me more upset is that this story if appropriately done had so much potential to be a top-tier anime, instead this has become unbearable :(
May 14, 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
Started this episode like what??? WHAT???? and then ended it with oh to protect him from the real big bad of the series okay
May 14, 12:21 PM
Feb 2015
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@Mainblocks
That's exactly my thoughts too, that she has a plan against Lanak but is going along with whatever he's scheming for now. To add, the witch Lucrezia explained how Tinasha left her dragon in Oscar's care and how Tinasha protected Oscar against Lanak.

Also, I think Tinasha knows that Oscar will show up and therefore may wait for him to put her plans in motion, and regarding the people that disappeared from the village she "attacked" I think she transferred them to an undisclosed location.
@Alfredo-Sauce I thought the same too. ^^
May 14, 12:22 PM
Feb 2015
Reply to luisfunes99
@Fn76
Fn76 said:

@luisfunes99 Based
May 14, 12:25 PM

Mar 2011
This is all over the place
May 14, 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
They are kissing now all of a sudden. Their relationship is all over the place. I'll never understand why the heroines let themselves be taken if they just want to be saved later on. Just let him do it right there, it's not like he's gonna go through a training arc to get stronger and get you back. He's already strong enough to do that. Anyway chad Oscar became king and gonna get his queen. I hope he kills that bastard painfully.
MegamiRemMay 21, 2:22 PM
May 14, 2:14 PM
Nov 2010
What a shit show, Jesus Christ.

Tinasha and Oscar have always been kinda close, for no reason really. But now suddenly they kiss randomly, huh? Where did that come from?
Then the King asks Tinasha to just marry Oscar, then the next day he asks Oscar to kill her, not even trying to get her side of the story.
Some Lanak tried to kill her or steal her powers or whatever 400 years ago, wiping out the entire Empire in the process, but when he shows up she just joins him without asking a question?
There should be no way he'd be any stronger than her, so why would she do that?
And Oscar proclaiming he will kill Lanak ( another man she, apparently, has chosen ) but if she then decides that she wants to be with another man after all, he will give up on her. What?

Normally I'd expect this all to make sense eventually and not question it like this while the plot still evolves, but the pacing is so messed up that it makes me wonder if this show isn't just cruising towards a cliff.
May 14, 2:17 PM
Feb 2024
This episode got me at least a bit more interested in the anime. So far it's been a bit too meh for my liking.
May 14, 2:20 PM

Dec 2020
Mainblocks said:

Ik that much but the adaptation is so much bad sheesh
They're skipping as much as they can
May 14, 2:34 PM
Feb 2024
“People kill other people. That’s what emotions and power wreak. And if that is the consequence, I’d rather shut myself off from love and hatred. I’d rather not remember.”
Because of what we saw of her backstory involving Lanak, it’s honestly admirable that she’s still sane. It’s no wonder she shut herself up in a tower now.
“I’ll kill that revolting man and bring Tinasha back. That’s all there is to it.”
I hope Tinasha is able to get closure and a happy ending after everything she went through.
May 14, 3:07 PM

Aug 2017
Every episode feels like I might have missed something, it's just a mess. Well let's see what Tinasha her real plan actually is, but man can barely get excited anymore when it's so rushed.
May 14, 3:25 PM
Dec 2021
Does anyone else feel like we skipped an episode's worth of content? This episode felt very jarring.
May 14, 4:03 PM

Sep 2018
Christ, this anime is so fucking lame XD Not even just the presentation of events, the events themselves are laughable.
May 14, 4:05 PM
Jun 2019
Honestly i feel like this is one of the worst pacing i ever seen in an anime, It's like I didn't see S1 and started with S2, i'll stick with the manga.
May 14, 5:06 PM
Jan 2024

Could it be that Oscar could kill Tinasha?
May 14, 5:24 PM
Apr 2022
gonna drop this, the show's pacing is so bad, events happening at random. he should just get that busty blond girl and live happily ever after, i really don't care
May 14, 5:30 PM
Nov 2019
Here we are - Triangulation by a borderline narcissist (Tinasha). Poor Oscar is doomed to be manipulated, dragged into an abusive relations between a BPD narcissist and her ex - a psychopath and ultimately destroyed. You should have run away while you could, Oscar.
May 14, 5:34 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode of a series which could be better if produced by a better studio!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 14, 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
Skipping supporting character developments as always. 😬😬😬
aka the blonde knight who was crying for a few seconds.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 14, 8:17 PM

Sep 2019
wtf. was that.
everything happened way too fast
May 14, 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
Tinasha is the type of woman that would go back to her toxic abusive ex 😭

May 14, 9:10 PM
Jun 2012
Curse lifted? Nope, just lay another curse on top.

Tinasha is now open to relationship? Nope, runs away with another man.

Tinasha a good witch? Maybe? I hope she is just hiding those civilians and hasn't gone psycho.

This adaptation is like milk. It gets worse over time, souring until...
We shall see, next week.
May 14, 10:08 PM
Mar 2021
I'm glad im not the only one who feels like they skipped an episode

what on earth happened. there is no bridge in events at all. what
May 14, 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
Too bad this adaptation is so rushed (I have not read the light novel, but I can see the potential of a really good story developing). With enough time they could achieved a really good adaptation. I love the op and the ed a lot and that hurts me more for this adaptation.
May 14, 11:17 PM
Apr 2024
perfect anime and light novel
May 15, 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
this is getting interesting and more interesting
May 15, 7:35 AM
May 2024
The pacing is like shuffling a deck of cards for WHATT???
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

53 by WolfWood37 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

42 by Achilles074 »»
Yesterday, 4:48 AM

» What on earth happened in this episode 8?

mufarari - May 29

11 by ehee47 »»
May 31, 11:35 PM

» Look ENGI has a reputation but

Shamsy - Apr 16

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 30, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16

70 by LucasDoragon »»
May 25, 5:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.