Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Shizuna has the biggest blush and seems to be the shyest out of all the main cast so far. She's a librarian though so their meeting is rather typical in a school life setting.

And...they decided to also try something creative by giving Rentarou and Shizuna the chance to be in a fantasy setting. This was my favorite episode in the show so far though. Shizuna is very different than the other two main girls and we get to see his chemistry with her. Plus, the themes of the show continues to build around all the cast.
Oct 22, 2023 6:58 AM

May 2020
Must be one of a kind thing to converse with someone who does the same with you.. with the help of a book??? Lol, but yeah this was exactly what happened when Shizuka got on screen, felt the soulmate shock and happened to make eye contact with Rentarou. Though I loved how she introduced herself as the guardian who governs this place.. the place being the library lol. Anyways, being the walking attraction our man is, it didn't take long until he started exchanging books and day to day talks with her.

Now as it might have been expected, the term "friendship" wasn't known to Shizuka since forever, and knowing this fact alone led Rentarou to one of his freak stunts once again… I mean dude literally made a whole copy of that one volume of the novel and stored it in sd, just so Shizuka could use the same on her "text-to-speech" app lmaooo. 

100 out of 100 for dedication, and of course he got the reward too.. Shizuka confessed and now she's part of the harem as well. Though not sure if Hakari should have this reason while accepting lol.
Oct 22, 2023 7:13 AM
May 2020
The new anime only scenes were really good. Its peak
Oct 22, 2023 7:16 AM

Dec 2021
Another one down!

One day, Rentaro visited the library and had a fateful encounter with the library committee member, Yoshimoto. She was petite like a small animal, quiet by nature, and found it difficult to converse with people. She would point to memorized lines and passages from her beloved books, having conversations while having the other person read them aloud. As their relationship deepened over the book Yoshimoto lent Rentaro, she couldn't bring herself to convey her feelings for him due to her insecurities about her way of speaking.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter when Hakari managed to turn the situation of the guy getting a third girlfriend into an act of incredible kindness. I have to admit, I'm genuinely impressed by Rentaro . It's surprising, but they've convinced me of their capability to attract a harem. Their genuine goodness, hard work, and unwavering determination are qualities I truly admire. Having a main character like this is a vast improvement over a clumsy protagonist who stumbles into a harem by chance.

Onto the next 97 girls!

Oct 22, 2023 7:27 AM

Feb 2021
It can only be considered a true harem when the girls all have different character tropes.

This time the loli who is too shy to speak....
Oct 22, 2023 7:29 AM

Apr 2022
shizuka is here and she's cute, perhaps too cute. was a decent episode but definitely my least favorite so far, plus i'm not into lolis so there's that, but they were clean with the visuals yet again. karane hit rentarou with the sweet chin music via headbutt lol moving like shawn michaels. that's another one down and now we got 97 to go.
Oct 22, 2023 7:31 AM
Apr 2022
Yes, I cried, the anime managed to create more romance in one episode than many entire animes
Oct 22, 2023 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
Btw in the background of the anime poster there are more girlfriends from the manga that probably won't appear this season!

I wonder if they really wrote all this just for these scenes or is this some real novel.

好本 静 (Yoshimoto Shizuka)
好本 (Yoshimoto) - Lit. likes books
静 (Shizuka) - Lit. Quiet

Damn they really went hard on the story of the book. None of it was in the manga.
Shizuka's flashbacks and her confession made me so emotional, I nearly cried damn. Didn't expect this at all.

Great episode again!
Oct 22, 2023 7:49 AM
Nov 2018
bruh... I didn't expect this very emotional episode from the anime that focused on romcom and Harem... the Shizuka backstory that really shy and only can communicate with book and had been angred form her mom and that approach between Shizuka and rentarou are really good... That rentarou effort to help Shizuka to communicate better... This episode was so nice... thank you
Oct 22, 2023 7:58 AM

Sep 2020
Shizuka is here. I believe in the manga the voice on the phone was Rentarou’s but they changed it to be her VA in the anime which is a great change. (could be wrong haven’t read the manga in a while)

The confession scene made me tear up even though I knew it was coming. Her mother can go dolphin dive in a well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
the confession scene was so good and very unexpected.
Oct 22, 2023 8:08 AM
Dec 2022
in my opinion the best out of the 3 girls so far. she's too cute it's unbearable
Oct 22, 2023 8:12 AM
Jul 2016
FUN FACT: In chapter 3 of the manga, Shizuka's ID card originally had August 8th as her birthday. However, in chapter 133, her birthday is officially established as November 1st (which is Japan's National Author's Day).

However, both the official English translation of the manga and the anime fix this by not issuing a birthday on her ID.

Oct 22, 2023 8:35 AM

Mar 2023
Another enjoyable episode. Confession scene was cute
Oct 22, 2023 8:37 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to erikkamirs
FUN FACT: In chapter 3 of the manga, Shizuka's ID card originally had August 8th as her birthday. However, in chapter 133, her birthday is officially established as November 1st (which is Japan's National Author's Day).

However, both the official English translation of the manga and the anime fix this by not issuing a birthday on her ID.

@erikkamirs does that mean that the series is running on Sazae-san method?
My name is Gustavo, But you can call me SUS!
Oct 22, 2023 8:39 AM

Oct 2017
The new girl is such an adorable little thing. It's cute how she uses texts to converse. And that's gf number 3, 97 more to go.
Oct 22, 2023 8:44 AM
Mar 2022
Sumi-chan multiverse character 🥹
Oct 22, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 2016
While it's weirdly convenient for the app's text-to-speech voice to be literally Shizuka's, the symbolism of Rentaru "giving" her her voice is genuinely really sweet.

Ah yes, the two natural reactions to your boyfriend getting yet another girlfriend:
1. Getting rightfully pissed (the normal response)
2. Being glad you aren't getting dumped (the Hakari response)
Oct 22, 2023 8:57 AM

Aug 2021
3/3 on the girls so far. all of them are good and unique in their own way. hopefully they mesh together well
Oct 22, 2023 9:12 AM

Dec 2022
New waifu Shizuka acquired! She is absolutely adorable and must be protected. If at the beginning, you had a hard time believing "these girls will literally die without Rentarou," Shizuka makes a convincing case. I would be excited to see how she's going to use the lines in her book to communicate, but I just saw a vending machine make it work with only six catchphrases. At the scene of a new girl being introduced into the harem, the tsundere finally has a legitimate reason to be pissed. I'm impressed.

There's several interesting directions the show can take from here, including collecting more waifus, or exploring harem dynamics like the girls' standings with Rentarou or their relationships with each other. Continuing.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Oct 22, 2023 9:12 AM

Jan 2021
They didn't have to

THEY REALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT

and they did... they really loved the manga and I FUCKING LOVE THAT

Oct 22, 2023 9:28 AM
Nov 2016
To this day, Shizuka still has one of my favorites introductory chapters and the anime is even better.
Oct 22, 2023 9:30 AM

Sep 2014
Shizuka's intoductory chapter in the manga is really beautiful and Bibury did really reflect that with a WONDERFUL episode.

Also the TTS app is exactly what I was asking: Shizuka's voice but with that text-to-speech "accent" that will make it even more funny in the future gags.
Oct 22, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2023
what a great anime, all the emotions poured into this episode, this will probably be the best harem anime of the season, I recommend this one!
Oct 22, 2023 9:40 AM
Aug 2016
Man, what a soulful adaptation, they even added anime-original scenes like those whole book fantasy segments was one panel in the manga, plus some of their own jokes. As expected, Shizuka's episode delivered!
Oct 22, 2023 9:42 AM
Aug 2018
god, why am I starting to cry on this episode I can't believe another anime makes me cry again seriously.......
Oct 22, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
this episode made me tear up and laugh and smile hooly fucking peak
keeps getting better and better ;-;

Oct 22, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2016
Another great episode, they really struck a perfect balance of the comedy and the heartfelt more serious side as well. I feel like they're getting comfortable with the material as well.
We must protect Shizuka at all costs. I fear the day when this adaptation ends already.
Oct 22, 2023 9:54 AM

Jan 2023
"Did your damn brain rot away?!" Yes. Yes it did. And I'm all for it.

While the first two episodes are quite literally a comedy gold mine, episode three is a slightly darker turn of events. Shizuka with a more traumatic backstory on being bullied due to her shyness and reluctance to speak loudly, while we can see how caring and compassionate Rentaro is behind his chad energy. He may be stuck in a mega harem but he can care for each and every girl with his full heart. That TTS app section and the confession, what a surprisingly emotional and carthatic moment between the two. Damnit dude, I felt emotional throughout the flashbacks and that sequence.

Oh and we mustn't forget about the Karane and Hakari and their hilarious reactions to a third girlfriend. That's three down with 97 MORE TO GO.

Darker course of an introduction but one with a sweet ending to it, what an unexpected yet great episode.
Have a beautiful Sunday :]
Oct 22, 2023 10:12 AM

Oct 2020
Yoshimoto Shizuka reminds me of Sumi Sakurasawa from Rent a Girlfriend.
Oct 22, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. Shizuka's introduction was really beautiful. Something I didn't expect out of this anime.

Like her namesake, Shizuka's the quiet type. I like her. Which makes me feel a bit sad that she's only going to be the 3rd girlfriend out of 100 total of Rentaro...
Oct 22, 2023 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
Meek girls communicating with everything but their mouths is my fav religion ngl
Oct 22, 2023 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
It was a very good adaptation for this episode, and I liked the imagery of the fantasy kind of romance novel setting and how the anime brought it to life here to match Shizuna's romance here in this episode. Pacing, flow and everything else about this was simple but fairly well executed overall. Love that iconic balcony too at the end, can't wait to see that a million times as the series progresses. Only 97 to go.
Oct 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
very solid first half of introducing a new girl and very funny second half "brainrot epidemic!"

Must protect the precious and cute Shizuka Yoshimoto!!

----

@Stark700 I think her name is Shizuka** not Shizuna. I know you always try to be one of the first create an ep thread, but this one confused most of us here. Please edit and correct the name.

----

In response to the Sokah's post below:

1. I understand why he has to type it manually. They're high school students. Scanning and converting to etext do come with a fee, not every printing shop in Japan have this option, so it depends on where they live.

2. You're missing the medium (book) and charm (story) that connect both Rentarou and Shizuka together. We don't need a 100% clone from another series. Anime is fiction. It's okay for anime to be different to use "text to speech" than texting as communication. It is written so she could communicate with others through her favorite storybook. This give more originality to her character.
Fuwa_sanOct 22, 2023 4:08 PM
Oct 22, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
He typed it all in manually because he's an idiot. Also it would be faster for her to type it than find it. Or just, you know, not have such a stupid affectation and just talk.
Oct 22, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
I loved this episode, Shizuka is the most adorable girl ever. It was so sad seeing her be treated as a freak by her classmates and mother... She deserves to be happy.
Oct 22, 2023 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Shizuka is Nanako from Senryuu Shoujo and Sumi in petite body xD So far I'm enjoying this far more than expected and I guess it can't become dull if this keeps adding new characters like Komi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2023 11:13 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Sokah
He typed it all in manually because he's an idiot. Also it would be faster for her to type it than find it. Or just, you know, not have such a stupid affectation and just talk.
@Sokah crazedanimal already explained it:

From Rentarou's perspective he just wants to help her with what she is already comfortable with. Highlighting sentences on a screen is very similar to pointing at sentences in a book, so it seems like a safe bet that she would actually do it. The less similar to pointing at sentences in a book it is the more likely it will run afoul of whatever disorder prevents her from speaking normally.
Oct 22, 2023 11:16 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to FarCritical
While it's weirdly convenient for the app's text-to-speech voice to be literally Shizuka's, the symbolism of Rentaru "giving" her her voice is genuinely really sweet.

Ah yes, the two natural reactions to your boyfriend getting yet another girlfriend:
1. Getting rightfully pissed (the normal response)
2. Being glad you aren't getting dumped (the Hakari response)
@FarCritical Did it really? Has it been confirmed to be her VA?
Oct 22, 2023 11:25 AM
Jun 2023
This was far and away the best episode so far. It really took a lot of liberties with the book and used it to elevate the story so much more than I expected. I don't expect many episodes to be able to do what this one did going forward, but given that this episode was such a surprise, who knows how many more surprises are waiting.
Oct 22, 2023 11:42 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I kind of like this Shizuka girl and the way she "speaks". What an enjoyable episode.
But I also would love one of those "Gangsta" knifes. Where can I get one?
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 22, 2023 11:44 AM
Mar 2020
Shizuka is the cutest little freak imaginable. Cross Senryu Girl with Komi-san and what do you get?

I still feel bad for these girls he has yet to meet tho. Even more bad than I feel for him having to split himself 100 ways. I still think his best bet is to run off into the forest with them and never risk meeting another one.
Oct 22, 2023 11:55 AM
Oct 2021
such a good ep! i loved what he did making the app for her. so cute
Oct 22, 2023 12:46 PM

May 2019
Reply to Sokah
@Sokah
Yeah that was silly and it would've taken longer than 3 days. There is software available that can convert pictures into text (most likely for a fee though) so I thought that he just took pictures of each page. Also, I'm not a fan of the girls that can't speak (like Komi) but this was still a decent episode, especially the reactions from the 2 existing girlfriends when Rentaro introduced them to gf #3.
Oct 22, 2023 1:23 PM

Mar 2022
what the fuck is this!!!? how can this be so good?!? How can this be so sad, so wholesome, and so hilariously stupid at the same time?

Why is the tsundere soooo GOOD?

The confession scene. God damn!

Still... I'm worried at the premise. It's so over the top that it can't possibly make good on it. Somewhere, something will go beyond the line of stupid, I just know it.
I just don't want to binge the manga to find out :D
Oct 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Mar 2020
Progress: 3/100. Shizuka joins the group, and she's great!

The comedy took a step back this episode, understandably so, as Shizuka was a much different character to Hakari and Karane. Shizuka is the shyest girl so far in this series, and a librarian, who talked through her favourite book, Circlet Love Song, and I thought it was an interesting way to portray a shy character. I didn't think the backstory was really necessary, but it further emphasizes how much having Rentarou around meant to her, since he was kind and accepting of her personality. The emotional moments were directed very well, and I'm not gonna lie, I shed a tear. The best episode so far in my opinion in terms of character introductions, and I'm really looking forward to where we go from here.
Oct 22, 2023 2:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like the comedy took a backseat this episode, and honestly I think it’s good that it did giving how Shizuka has an upsetting backstory, and it also made for that great moment where Shizuka confessed despite knowing about Rentarou’s orange and pink partners in crime lol, it was a sweet moment for sure.

And Shizuka has a Sumi/Komi thing going on which is interesting and cute (and btw I like Rent a Girlfriend and also this show, whoa that’s crazy), I like the aspect that she uses a book to talk to people, and now with Rentarou’s help she has a version of the book with text to speech that makes it easier to talk to others, i said in one of the discussion threads for another show that Rentarou has his girls handed to him and while that’s still true, the man is absolutely dedicated and that’s pretty cool lol. Definitely looking forward to seeing how Shizuka fits in with the other girls and what wildness may ensue.
Oct 22, 2023 2:46 PM

Jun 2016
Not hilarious as the first 2 eps but really sweet and kawaii, this series is pure gold.
Oct 22, 2023 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
Shizuka is the cutest character we've seen in a long time!
Must protect!

Oct 22, 2023 3:17 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi finds a way to add another gril
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

177 by GureJoestar »»
May 31, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2023

141 by GureJoestar »»
May 29, 7:39 AM

» Hakari looks like Momo from To Love-Ru

JustSomeone15 - May 25

10 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
May 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

105 by alexw1020 »»
May 16, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

136 by Hither »»
May 12, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.