Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2023 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
A-1 Pictures is back into WotaKoi territory 5.5 years later with mangaka Dan Ichikawa's adult workplace comedy! This remind me so much of Cool Doji Danshi.

Fujifabric's OP is surprisingly good! Lenny code fiction's ED is light-hearted goodness.

The newbie 26-year-old Kentaro Momose meeting his new boss of 34-year-old Yusei Shirosaki, the hope that he'll be able to avoid another boss from hell, he's already having a stomachache from his anxiety attacks before. But Shirosaki is different, he cares for Momose to get him medicine...though for menstrual pain, then exchanging contact info. Hah, Shirosaki can be a goofy boss, which hits the show perfectly,

Momose, used to being harassed by his old boss, Shirosaki is different in which he can interact with Momose freely, but mistaking a cat for a tree stump, haha. And to make matters cuter, Shirosaki is a nice boss to work with aside from his perfectionist personality, though still in his airheadedness. But in a train where somebody is wearing his ex-boss's cologne, it brings back negative thoughts, and it's alienated by Shrosaki's fabric softener. The latter giving chase after the former dropped off, and he decides to treat Momose to an Izakaya, but he dropped at another area.

Momose being late for work, Shirosaki is too, but writing a written complaint to him, he thought it was a letter, and he wrote a reply and drew Momotaro on it. 39-year-old Section Chief Mitsuo Aoyama congratulating Shirosaki for yet another successful proposal, and giving him an ad project for an aquarium, it's a challenge to write a proposal for that. So in the same vein, Momose is tailed along with Shirosaki to get some ideas, and on the way, Shirosaki shared some of his most embarrassing stories, yet knows that Momose is struggling somewhat.With that help, Momose got to work, and he passed his first proposal, with another drawing being his reward.

Happy Work, Happy Life. This series is heartwarmingly lit, I wish I had a boss like this.
KANLen09Oct 14, 2023 2:59 AM
Oct 7, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
My Tiny Senpai? Pfft, we've got a male version now, and let me tell you, it promises to be just as enjoyable as My Tiny Senpai.

At 26 years old, Momose, now at a new workplace, had switched jobs due to harassment from his previous boss. He couldn't shake the worry that his new superior, Shirasaki, might subject him to the same mistreatment. Despite his best efforts to conceal this concern, Momose was taken aback when he discovered that Shirasaki's natural absent-mindedness instantly dispelled all his apprehensions, providing a wave of relief he hadn't anticipated.

It appears that this show is evolving into another workplace-themed anime. However, in contrast to the usual dynamic of a romantic relationship between a girl and a boy, it seems to center around the interactions of two male characters. Lmao. Shirasaki possesses a certain charm that makes it clear why Momose is paying such close attention to him. This one is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Will it surpass My Tiny Senpai? We'll have to see.

Oct 7, 2023 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
Reminds me of Cool Doji Danshi.

And both guys happened to be single!
Oct 7, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 2023
the comedic character building was a great way to introduce a new anime with exciting new characters. very funny, and it left me feeling good. I feel like its going to have some dramatic moments, which I hope will land just as well as the comedy did.
Oct 7, 2023 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
Fujo bait if I've ever seen one lol. I enjoyed Cool Doji Danshi, so this should be good as well and unlike other work place anime featuring amusing senpai kouhai dynamics this one is definitely more on the comfy and cute side.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2020
Funny and sweet. This anime will be perfect to enjoy it weekly!
Oct 7, 2023 11:55 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to ArnauCP
Funny and sweet. This anime will be perfect to enjoy it weekly!
@ArnauCP Same. I love me some A1's.
Oct 7, 2023 11:56 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to phantomfandom

@phantomfandom I had the same thought! Cute and clumsy guys goofing around. XD I loved the vibe of CDD, so I'm gonna love this one, too for sure.
Oct 7, 2023 12:26 PM

Apr 2022
How is this not a BL??

WHY is this not a BL?????
Oct 7, 2023 1:22 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to airisu7425
@phantomfandom I had the same thought! Cute and clumsy guys goofing around. XD I loved the vibe of CDD, so I'm gonna love this one, too for sure.
@airisu7425 Yes!!!, It reminds me of the naturally clumsy guys portrayed in Cool Doji Danshi as well. I enjoyed this first episode. Omg,the boss is so kind and everything is so wholesome (*^‿^*)
Oct 7, 2023 1:31 PM
Jun 2021
It had no business being this adorable!!!
Oct 7, 2023 1:37 PM

Sep 2016
I really like this calm vibe and goofy boss XD. This first episode was nice.
Oct 7, 2023 2:14 PM
Jul 2014
This anime is actually wholesome. That scene with everyone celebrating MC's proposal going through was adorable.
Oct 7, 2023 2:17 PM

Mar 2017
I'm gonna love this anime, very wholesome vibes and it's cute and funny I love it already...!

'nom'
Oct 7, 2023 2:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This is definitely a certified banger already, what a heartwarming first episode. I hate to say, but Momose and his stomach troubles is very relatable for me, if I get nervous or stressed it’s the first thing to act up for me, poor lad has been through it to be in that bad of shape, but thankfully he found out very quickly that his new boss Shirosaki is a goofy lad that wouldn’t hurt a fly.

And not only is Shirosaki goofy, he’s also a great boss so far. When it came to Momose’s first proposal for an aquarium ad, Shirosaki immediately saw he was struggling and helped him out by sharing a funny story of his own first proposal and even showed off an ad that he made that’s still in place to this day, and thanks to this Momose was able to get his proposal finished and approved.

And I really liked the OP, but the ED by Lenny code fiction was an immediate love for me, pretty much every song I’ve heard by them has not missed in the slightest, the visuals went nicely with the song too. I’m glad another workplace anime replaced “My Tiny Senpai” from last season on this fine Saturday, this is gonna be a good one I feel.
Oct 7, 2023 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
This was surprisingly good and funny. I had tears when he spun his chair too hard and wound back in the starting position twice. Same with the flounder. Was it lost on anyone that Momose was eating salmon while working on a proposal for an aquarium?

Shirosaki is too cute. He's in the wrong anime. He belongs in Cool Doji Danshi.
dragynfaerieOct 7, 2023 3:28 PM
Oct 7, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 2020
i had a great time, it was funny , it's great to have chill anime, to just have a good time...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 7, 2023 4:33 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to phantomfandom

@phantomfandom i was thinking of them but with less characters, so we already know that we we will have a good time with this one.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 7, 2023 5:10 PM

Sep 2021
Cool Doji Danshi: Mima at work. But it's funnier. And more gay.

Honestly, for a Slice of Life, this was an outstanding premiere. It was super cute and wholesome, really funny and inspiring. Pretty much fulfills all demands I have for this (kind of) show.

I hope it will keep this level. But I'm optimistic here. I feel like there will be plenty of cute, silly stories and side characters to have me smiling through all 12 episodes!
Oct 7, 2023 5:59 PM

Aug 2016
Ahhh this is so soothing to watch. It’s my fav this season so far. I wish it was BL but you can’t have everything.
Oct 7, 2023 5:59 PM
Feb 2018
I laughed through the whole episode 🤣 look forward to the next
Oct 7, 2023 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
Shirosaki has to be the cutest man in the world. Healing effect guaranteed.
Oct 7, 2023 7:29 PM
Dec 2017
This episode warms my heart~ I'm so glad I let myself pick it out because of the cover full of men lol
Oct 7, 2023 7:55 PM
Jul 2013
I am dying, this is currently my favourite of the whole season by a small margin. I didn’t think it would be better than Keep it Cool, Guys… but it is everything I hoped it would be and I hope it keeps delivering. The mouse click scene got me rolling 😂😂😂
Oct 7, 2023 10:01 PM

Jan 2017
I love the vibes already!!!!!
Oct 7, 2023 10:26 PM
Feb 2017
So when are they gonna....y'know...
Like everyone else I got Cool Doji Danshi vibes straight from the promos but I didn't expect it to be THIS overtly gay. What is it with these healing comedy with airhead adult men that should be dating each other but (SUPPOSEDLY) aren't? Why don't they go all the way? Is it censors? I assume most people come here for the fujo bait or at least are okay with that type of thing if they watch the show, I can't imagine that it would do any worse if it actually followed through with the romantic threads.
Take my opinions and statements with a grain of salt!
Oct 7, 2023 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
Oh man I loved everything about this. I laughed a lot even though it was a little cringe at times. Umehara is perfect.

Definitely got some BL vibes going on and I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
Oct 7, 2023 11:05 PM

Feb 2019
Shirasaki's such an airhead, but an adorable airhead. Momose still has some PTSD from his previous work place, and always ends up jumping to negative conclusions whenever he thinks he overstepped.
Oct 8, 2023 2:31 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Grain_of_Salt
So when are they gonna....y'know...
Like everyone else I got Cool Doji Danshi vibes straight from the promos but I didn't expect it to be THIS overtly gay. What is it with these healing comedy with airhead adult men that should be dating each other but (SUPPOSEDLY) aren't? Why don't they go all the way? Is it censors? I assume most people come here for the fujo bait or at least are okay with that type of thing if they watch the show, I can't imagine that it would do any worse if it actually followed through with the romantic threads.
@Grain_of_Salt wonder if they'll keep it at the slice of life/comedy level or if they'll take the jump to full on BL?? Does anyone know that can spoil it for me? I'm going to hold off watching this until ik for sure if this is just fujobait or actual BL :/ hate the shows that use queerbaiting just to get a wider audience - like... wouldn't they get more people watching if they just made it a bl?? fs must be censorship stuff
<3
Oct 8, 2023 4:44 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to ueda
Oh man I loved everything about this. I laughed a lot even though it was a little cringe at times. Umehara is perfect.

Definitely got some BL vibes going on and I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
@ueda I mean it was hard to miss the 'momo/peach' theme everywhere, literally everywhere. XD And not only because of Momose's name. :P
Oct 8, 2023 6:31 AM

Sep 2018
This is so sweet! I can never get enough of these kinds of uplifting, cozy comedies. Reminds me of Cool Doji Danshi from last year and apparently I'm not the only one, haha.
Oct 8, 2023 7:56 AM

May 2015
Oh my, this is so cuuuute! Cheered me up in no time.
Oct 8, 2023 8:20 AM
Dec 2021
IT'S SO CUTEE <33 I LOVE IT ALREADY AND HOPE THERE'LL BE MULTIPLE SEASONS
Oct 8, 2023 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
this was so much cuter and wholesome than i expected! i was awwing at all the goofy little actions the boss did bc it was so adorable~ a very healing show indeed and excited to watch it weekly :D
Oct 8, 2023 9:08 AM

May 2008
Surprisingly loved this. Definitely bait for sure lol All the blushy faces and what not. But it's cute :D And has some funny moments in it. Excited to see how this pans out.

Oct 8, 2023 9:38 AM

Dec 2021
I'm not sure if my heart can handle being baited this much for the entire series
Why is it that the best BL is never actually BL 🙇
Oct 8, 2023 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
So cute it made my entire week. I was feeling a bit down and this definitely improved my mood
Oct 8, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 2018
very goofy and very silly, so heartwarming
Oct 8, 2023 1:07 PM
Apr 2021
It brings many things together I love, adult characters, worklife and a nice boss. perfect to end my day with.
Oct 8, 2023 7:53 PM
Oct 2022
This is definitely the feel-good anime of the season. The OP and ED visuals are super nice too!
Oct 9, 2023 4:15 AM

Feb 2015
This was such a fun first episode!! Shirosaki is so precious <33 He's exactly what our main character needs. This had heavy bl vibes that I love. Probably won't get any bl in this but I love the wholesome vibes and I can use my imagination lol x) This will be a fun and soothing series to watch weekly.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Oct 9, 2023 5:27 AM

Jan 2017
my new boss is yoshikage kira with the hand fetish

Oct 10, 2023 2:14 AM

Oct 2022
I know this is all about the boys, and I'm here for it... but that girl he sits next to is hella cute.
Oct 11, 2023 12:13 AM

Jul 2019
This was kinda adorable. Also, Shirosaki's voice is making me a little gay.
Oct 11, 2023 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
no homo probs at this rate by the end of this season these two would go 69 LELELELZ!!!
3/5.

Oct 11, 2023 7:28 AM
Feb 2015
Holy crap this show's a riot, I think the bit that realy got me the most was when Momose and Shirosaki were on the train, then Shirosaki's reminiscing about his classmates and says "I wonder how old everyone is now?"
I didn't really put much thought into it plus the fact he was so natural asking it that my brain thought like he said "I wonder how everyone is nowadays" and Momose seemed a bit normal after in reaction until he thought to himself "I hope they're the same age as him" which made me do a double take and it clicked, I almost spat out my drink because of that 😂

This is gonna be one really good and amusing anime this season, might end up being one of my top ones this season depending on how it goes along in the long run, I don't think I'd ever be able to get enough of airhead Shirosaki ahahahhahahah

Ngl with the premise that Momose is 26, kinda makes me think about myself because I'm actually just about to finally start employment again in a week's time after one and a half year jobseeking plus I only just turned 27 the other day.
Oct 11, 2023 10:12 AM
Apr 2023
Whole concept is super cute!!!! Made me smile throughout the entire episode!!!
Oct 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Dec 2020
This entire episode is just SO ADORABLE!! I don't remember smiling so many times at any anime episode ever :))

Don't care if it's BL or not, just wholesome healing vibes. So far I rate this the best anime for the human soul.
Oct 11, 2023 1:13 PM

Jun 2019
Looks like typical BL setting. Is it?
Oct 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Oct 2020
Office setting and cute men is literally my favourite duo. This was a sweet and uplifting episode. I was smiling throughout the entire thing honestly. Definitely looking forward to watching it for a weekly dose of heartwarning goofiness!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 14, 2023

58 by Rev8 »»
May 16, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 16, 2023

38 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 2, 2023

32 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 11, 2023

57 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.