Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2023 10:50 PM

Apr 2023
RIP Thorfinn’s long hair, you will be missed :(

In all seriousness tho this was possibly the greatest episode in the season, best anime of 2023 in my opinion (so far)
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Jun 19, 2023 11:03 PM

Feb 2014
Yet another great anime ends this season. I'm glad they didn't get rid of those funny moments with Bug-Eyes. I loved those in the manga.

But man, Ylva was crazy strong lol. I feel bad for laughing at Thorfinn when he was knocked out. πŸ˜‚
Jun 19, 2023 11:11 PM
Apr 2022
This was a very solid season but I really think it felt a little 'flat'. I can't quite put my finger on it but something was missing. Even for a slower season, it still felt a little too slow and devoid of plot in many places. I would be hooked for two weeks and then the plot would get weak and i'd have no desire to get back into it. Hope fully they can pick it up again for season 3 - vinland saga is a very good series but just misses that extra touch of brilliance that shows like AoT have
Jun 19, 2023 11:16 PM
Dec 2022
I had been waiting for this moment since s1ep1
Jun 19, 2023 11:20 PM
Jul 2019
When one chapter ends another begins this episode was filled with laughter and tears.

Everything from the hilarious scenes with Ylva thinking Thorfinn was an imposter to the tear jerking reunion with Helga this episode was the perfect way to cap off this fantastic season.

A shout out to my boy Leif for sticking by Thorfinn's side in quest create a peaceful land in season 3 which I will wait for patiently if means we the same level of quality.

To anyone reading this I leave you with this quote from the show, “Carve it. Carve it into your flesh. Carve it into the land. Carve it into the sea. Carve it into your spoils. Carve it into your enemies. Carve it.”
Jun 19, 2023 11:33 PM

Oct 2013
Mr_Eccentric777 said:
A shout out to my boy Leif for sticking by Thorfinn's side in quest create a peaceful land in season 3 which I will wait for patiently if means we the same level of quality.
Leif is easily one of the best, if not the best, supporting characters of this show. He might not have a lot of screentime, he might not be as flashy or significant during specific arcs like some other characters, but he is one of pivotal figures in this show, for real. His influence on Thorfinn, his supportive nature... he didn't give up on finding Thorfinn, even after all those years and after all those people started making fun of him and his quest. And even after finding Thorfinn, he offered his hand to make Thorfinn's dream come true. I'm an anime only, but I feel his help will be crucial in Season 3 to gather funds and form up a decent crew.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jun 19, 2023 11:41 PM
Dec 2022
sinnerNoWinner said:
Probably the most disappointing anime I have ever watched.
Won't watch season 3.
I'm done with this shit.

I like This Anime very much. I agree that the 2. Season wasnt quite exciting as the First one. You see im a big Fan of massive fights But also can Watch emotional series. Allthough i Started Vinland Saga Because of its brutal fights and Great Story / Charakter Design the Decoder Season was good. It wasnt Perfect (for me) as i Liked the First Season More than the second. (And i hoped there would be a Great standoff between Thorfinn and Canute (i Didnt read the manga))

Now a List about What was great and Not that much (remember pls My Opinion (dont hate TwT))

Great:

Charakter development
Charakter design
The new charakters (mostly Einar and Snake)
Soundtrack
The Intro (Damn i love that)
Story (mostly)

Not that Great:

Some new charakter (Like Ketil)
Some Episodes where a Bit boring and Hard to Watch
WHY TF HAD ARNHEID TO DIE (and Why introduce her in First Place, together with her Hausband, if you kill them anyway)
Like this little Intro Form MAPPA (If it was something else than motorcycles, line mir Witz that viking Themen it would be better)

All in All

8/10
Jun 19, 2023 11:42 PM
Mar 2022
peak lang saga....
Jun 19, 2023 11:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pre_Yum said:
Possibly one of the most remarkable adaptations I've ever seen in my life. What an incredible season and arc it has been. Throfinn's character development will be remembered forever.

Thorfinn finally is back to his home after so many years and what else can I say? It was as expected a beautiful but emotional moment for them. Seeing the face of your mother and sister after so long must've been such a great feeling for him. I felt so happy for them finally reuniting with each other. Ylva has grown into a beautiful woman and still is a badass. Love her so much. It was so funny seeing her handle Throfinn like a kid. LMAO. She's so strong. Helga has gotten old but didn't need anyone telling him about her son. What a lovely moment it was. Love her as well.

After a long journey, we will finally be making our moves towards Vinland. A peaceful land. That cinematic scene with Thors at the grave and the ending sequence was so beautiful. Throfinn after a haircut and no facial hair looks very soft. LOL. I'm not a guy who casually gives every show a 10 but this show tied me to a chair and forced me to give it a 10/10. LOL. But, I was very glad that I was able to experience this journey with so many people. I will cherish this show forever.

Thank you to everyone who was involved in this show, from Yabuta Shuhei and his team at MAPPA to Mr. Yukimura. It was once in a lifetime experience for me personally.
You've said it beautifully. This has been a very good adaptation from top to bottom. People who loved the source material and treated it with care and devotion. The changes they did added and not substracted to the story and it's themes.
Looking forward to a S3 which should be just as good and also be more palatable to shounen fans who were looking for a more "action packed" show.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 19, 2023 11:53 PM
Jul 2019
Adnash said:
Mr_Eccentric777 said:
Leif is easily one of the best, if not the best, supporting characters of this show. He might not have a lot of screentime, he might not be as flashy or significant during specific arcs like some other characters, but he is one of pivotal figures in this show, for real. His influence on Thorfinn, his supportive nature... he didn't give up on finding Thorfinn, even after all those years and after all those people started making fun of him and his quest. And even after finding Thorfinn, he offered his hand to make Thorfinn's dream come true. I'm an anime only, but I feel his help will be crucial in Season 3 to gather funds and form up a decent crew.
Glad I'm not only one singing Leif's praises, BTW I'm an anime only too and I'm gonna keep it that way because I want to keep experiencing this story through the fantastic work of the staff working on this adaption. 
Mr_Eccentric777Jun 19, 2023 11:56 PM
Jun 20, 2023 12:10 AM
Aug 2020
no anime can be better then this ISTG
Jun 20, 2023 12:17 AM
Apr 2011
Mr_Eccentric777 said:
To anyone reading this I leave you with this quote from the show, “Carve it. Carve it into your flesh. Carve it into the land. Carve it into the sea. Carve it into your spoils. Carve it into your enemies. Carve it. Carve what you feel into me. Carve that encounter into me.”
I think that is much better.
never_agreeJun 20, 2023 12:20 AM
Jun 20, 2023 12:21 AM
Aug 2020
This episode is the final episode of season 2, Thank you for this anime giving us I have no enemies peak land saga.
Jun 20, 2023 12:23 AM
Jan 2016
deg said:
if this show does not get another season its fine to end it here since its a decent open ending

I have a bad feeling about this. Hopefully, they don't plan on ending it like this. :/
Jun 20, 2023 12:39 AM
Dec 2022
Pretty decent ending to season 2. Also set expectations for season 3, good overall.
Jun 20, 2023 12:59 AM

Jan 2018
EVAMAAKU14 said:
0451 said:

If I have to nitpick, the only episode that I didn't like as much as the others were episode 17 where Gardar died. It felt like the only episode that was stretched with a lot of repetition because the animators didn't have enough material to adapt. It could use some trimming.

It wasn't stretched out because the team didn't have enough material, they could have easily adapted two chapters for episode 17 instead of 1 chapter plus a lot of anime original content.
It's clear that it was a intentional creative choice to make the episode like this.
I'll be honest. It wasn't a good decision. It was my least favorite episode because unlike the others it felt like it dragged on. They should've adapted more than one chapter for it. But it's still a decent episode on its own.

Even the worst episode of Vinland Saga Season 2 is still a good episode (kinda).
Jun 20, 2023 2:46 AM

Nov 2021
A fitting finale to this incredible season. Strong anime of the year contender
Jun 20, 2023 3:14 AM
Jan 2019
The end made me SO hype
Jun 20, 2023 3:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a perfect way to end this incredible season with Thorfinn finally meeting his family again (even though his sister is...something ahaha)
Jun 20, 2023 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
Thorfinn should've at least kept his beard on but it'll grow back in no time anyway. 
This season is unexpectedly way better than the first one, good thing I gave it a try. 
Jun 20, 2023 3:55 AM
Feb 2022
masterpiece of story telling
truly deserve to be called PEAKLAND saga
Jun 20, 2023 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
N7Grey said:

Was very good ending. 

Only question I hjad was if the blonde in the end was Askelad as a youngster?
Jun 20, 2023 4:02 AM

Aug 2014
real masterpiece. Thorfinn is very different this whole series and I still really enjoy the show. WOW
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
β™‘ What I Watch This Season
β™‘ Best Character & WAIFU This Season
β™‘ Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jun 20, 2023 4:12 AM

Feb 2019
Helga seeing her son again after so many years. Mother's love so impeccable.

Oh and Ylva being Sakura no.2 and now that she's older she looks more like Thors than Thorfinn does. He only has his father's eyes appearance wise.

Btw... they really did leave out the bonding again convo as bro & sis between Ylva and Thorfinn and the head shaving, huh.
Also no new characters tease at the end? Come on, that's unfair.

Jun 20, 2023 4:41 AM
Apr 2023
This episode proves this anime is an absolutely high-quality, epic, amazing work!
Jun 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Apr 2023
A fitting end to the story. If the show doesn't get another season this is a good enough conclusion IMO. Finally, the characters get closure and peace after enduring so much pain and suffering. 
I think I will pick up the manga now and continue with Thorfinn's pacifist Viking Jesus arc. 

Also, Ylva knocking out Thorfinn with one punch was hilarious! 
Jun 20, 2023 5:23 AM
Aug 2016
Vindicater said:
N7Grey said:

Was very good ending. 

Only question I hjad was if the blonde in the end was Askelad as a youngster?
That is correct. Confirmed from some people in this thread.
Jun 20, 2023 5:27 AM
Nov 2021
Woah! the animation of this episode was such a treat to the eyes...An incredible finale to an amazing season.Well the comedy was a little off...anyway!! I think I loved this season more than the first.Thorfinn's new look seems cool

Mappa did an amazing job on this one... now give us a sequel asap
KOLOPSJun 20, 2023 5:31 AM
Jun 20, 2023 5:40 AM
Oct 2007
Nobody can convince me otherwise that this is not a 10/10 show. Season 1, 10/10. Season 2, 10/10. Give me Season 3!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2023 5:55 AM
Aug 2021
What a perfect ending to the arc. Loved it. Also, thorfinn lookin πŸ”₯
cj_arianJun 20, 2023 6:03 AM
Jun 20, 2023 6:04 AM
Dec 2022
thorfinn found the answer eren yeager couldnt
Jun 20, 2023 6:08 AM

Oct 2009
Towards the end of season 1, I was sure that we will never see Thorfinn go home again. But here we are are!! :')

This season was something special & will always remain close to my heart. 
Masterfully crafted, bravo to the author and MAPPA!

9/10
Jun 20, 2023 6:31 AM

Apr 2018
I was so busy studying for my exam, I completely forgot about the last episode of Vinland. I just watched it today and it's a great way to end the serie, espically for Thorfinn who will try his hardest to create a place in Vinland. It felt so fucking good to see him back in Vinland and to see his family again. The reaction from his sister was hilarious, completely different from her mother who even saw Thor in him. They're also supporting him with his idea. A great family to have, and he knows that. Everything from visuals to soundtrack, animation, character acting were absolutely top tier. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 20, 2023 7:13 AM
May 2022
And... oh, I got to tell you, it was perfect. Perfect. Everything, down to the last minute details
Jun 20, 2023 7:24 AM
Aug 2020
Okay I have the same question as Thorfinn. How old is he now πŸ˜‚?

In all seriousness though, what an incredible season it’s been. I don’t know how a show about two guys doing some farming could move me this much, but here we are

9.5/10
Jun 20, 2023 7:24 AM
Mar 2022
best of the best nothing more
Jun 20, 2023 7:37 AM
Sep 2020
One of the greatest endings I think I've ever seen, Thorfinn reflected on all his mistakes and journey that led him here and the conclusion that he enjoys the peaceful world and he wants to create a peaceful world for people to live in. The buildup to this point was so amazing. I loved this ending
Jun 20, 2023 7:37 AM

Aug 2020
Oh yes a solid closing of the farm arc. Things will become way different from now on. Time to catch up with the manga in this meantime until season 3 releases.

Jun 20, 2023 7:42 AM
Jul 2021
we need SEASON 3 ASAP
Jun 20, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2012
Excellent finale to a excellent season xd Though I am a little sad that the cut out the scene where Ylma cut Thorfinns hair. It was very sweet when she sight in relief about finding evidence on Thorfinn´s forehead that he really was her little brother. Maybe hopefully they could show this scene at the start of next season or something.
How I love a game
Jun 20, 2023 8:54 AM
Osmanthus Mage

Apr 2020
Holy slkflsdf! Thorfinn looks a lot younger after trimming his hair and shaving his beard.

And who's that person beside the grave? Is it the same person wearin' an armor?

10/10, it's now one of my all time favorites!

Signatures are too distracting

^ visit my webby ^

Jun 20, 2023 9:31 AM
Jun 2023
Very good and so fun!
Jun 20, 2023 9:43 AM
May 2020
Literally peak, 10/10 season. The characters,visuals and story were perfect, and every episode was better than the last. No sexualisation or something other than character building. Will patiently wait for season 3.
Jun 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Feb 2022
This is what a masterpiece looks like, the journey to this point was breathtaking.
Jun 20, 2023 10:23 AM
Mar 2021
The last two seasons were a rollercoaster of emotions. Can't wait for s3!
Jun 20, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 2021
The animation is on another level...
Jun 20, 2023 10:47 AM

Jul 2019
Crucial story points shown in this season, me thinks. I didn't like how they handled a lot of it but to each their own.
Jun 20, 2023 11:04 AM
May 2021
Perfect ending of this season
Jun 20, 2023 11:10 AM

Dec 2017
Final episode could've been better without that comedic bit, way to ruin the moment. Otherwise a fine episode and a beautiful season.
Cannot wait for Baltic sea arc everyone's talking about. Hoping S3 gets confirmed!
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jun 20, 2023 11:11 AM
Aug 2019
Magnifique saison. Réel plaisir de revoir Thorfinn et cet arc si important pour la construction des persos. Hâte de voir la suite, j'attendrai le temps qu'il faudra. N'hésitez pas à lire le manga, ça en vaut la peine.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Yesterday

29 by T2uwu »»
32 minutes ago

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.