Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 8, 2023 2:06 PM
Aug 2021
Gut wrenching episode, had me on the verge of tears. Up till now kelti has been a great dude but even kind people can snap when pushed to the brink. masterful storytelling this episode. all I have left to say is let kelti's farm be burnt to ashes.
May 8, 2023 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was brutal and raw af
May 8, 2023 2:51 PM

Jul 2020
this was a brutal, heavy and hard hitting episode dude, ketil's 5 men dying, alongside his farm being in danger already means that a lot of stress and hardship is being put on his shoulders and psyche, and him hearing about arnheid escaping just broke the camel's back and he just lost it. seeing him beat arnheid senselessly was very hard to watch and I really doubt that her baby is going to be alive after how bad her injuries are. just goes to show the sheer ruthlessness of people during this time period while also highlighing how pointless conflict is, and how all it causes is immense pain and despair

May 8, 2023 3:02 PM

Jun 2019
Ketil almost beat Arnheid to death 💀💀💀
May 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
I had my first period watching this....Lets all have a bud light and watch!
May 8, 2023 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Dragon456hon said:
the real action is about to start 🔥
LOL i keep telling myself that too and yea....world peace will come sooner.
May 8, 2023 3:31 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Decent ep. Ketil sucks lol. Btw is he actually really strong? That would be sorta cool.

Most importantly I’m GLAD Snake is alive! He’s a great character.

What I’m most unhappy about, is that they skipped the reunion between Leif and Thorfinn 😡 perhaps it wasn’t very exciting, but I still would have liked to have seen it. It’s been building up for a while now, sigh.

A lot of focus on Arnheid again. Of course I feel bad for her getting beat up, but I also don’t care about her as a character. I’d rather just watch the adventures of Thorfinn and Snake haha.
May 8, 2023 3:37 PM
Nov 2016
The episode was okay, the poor girl didn't deserve any of that though, that guy is losing his marbles since he knows he's about to die and he's just letting it all out before he gets killed, I bet he feels really strong beating a defenseless girl, I want to see you beating those guys with swords that are coming to get you, but I guess you needed to practice a bit.

And as some people said here, that offscreen reunion of Thorfinn and Leif was a letdown, too much buildup for nothing, maybe it will happen in the next episode, who knows, but I expected a better reunion here, oh well.
May 8, 2023 3:51 PM
Jan 2023
AOD-san said:
What I’m most unhappy about, is that they skipped the reunion between Leif and Thorfinn 😡 perhaps it wasn’t very exciting, but I still would have liked to have seen it. It’s been building up for a while now, sigh.
this build up was already in season 1, and why would they reunite heartedly when Thorfinn's friend was beaten badly? 
May 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, that was hardcore, Ketil almost killed Arnheid there, and it's not even clear if she'll survive or not, while he also doesn't want to sell her with Thorfinn and Einar... now he's gone berserk, taking the sword and is ready for anything, this is creepy for what could come next...
May 8, 2023 4:29 PM
Nov 2021
That was a disturbing episode.
May 8, 2023 4:44 PM

Dec 2018
finally all of our narrative threads are beginning to come together and shit is about to go down.
May 8, 2023 5:18 PM

Feb 2014
Ainuldex19 said:
Nycro said:
Keitl is just misunderstood. Happens to the best of us... 

Ayyo! my crush is currently dating one of my close friends so gotta search for a stick right?
Its undertandable how shallow and weak minded ketil can be considering he built his reputation around the false iron hand persona.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 8, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
KANLen09 said:
Prince Canute is on his way back to Ketil's farm, with favorable winds, and a temperament that knows not to surrender towards the people who oppose him.

Thorgil is back with Ketil to prepare for the war against Canute, and with the renewed Olmar, it's his first real battle which he always wanted. Thorfinn's old master with the young Thorfinn as well, it's a reunion meeting. The retainers have less time and inexperienced soldiers to ready for war, and both Thorfinn and Einar depress over Arnheid and if Ketil knows that she had escaped with Gardar, especially for the former which looks up to Snake and regretted that Gardar has to die in order to get his wife back. But if violence is the last resort, what would the first choice be, and Thorfinn wants to spend his lifetime searching for that answer so that nobody will get hurt in the future. The glaring truth is swept into Ketil's face by his very own wife, with Arnheid locked up, and anger befits his feelings all over.

The old geezer Leif wanting to see Thorfinn, but Snake prohibits seeing him, and Pater suggesting to buy both Thorfinn and Einar from Ketil, though with Arnheid is an issue, and Pater wants enough to buy all 3 slaves from him. Though Arnheid is left in the lurch, Ketil coming back to deal with her in his pain-filled torture, and right now, he doesn't even care about the unborn child that is supposed to belong to him. Basically, anything that comes out of her mouth, Ketil will not believe ever again, and even the horses cry out in fear enough for Snake to stop him from executing her, even though he has the right to do so. Eventually, Ketil gave up, and Leif requested to buy all 3 slaves from him, though for Thorfinn and Einar he's ok with, but he won't release Arnheid that easily. It's sorrow for those that saw the travesty, especially for Einar who's been watching her from afar, and Ketil will not let this fly pass him, for the upcoming war will draw all of his breath to get what he wants, even if it's the king.

It's official now: Ketil is just the worst master around.
Lol gardar's Master far worsen than him tho, at least that the thing that was shown in the story

Ketil's action is just stress-directed and he's just pouring all his stress onto those beatings to Arnheid, especially after his wife action that literally "put a burning matches into a puddle of leaked gasoline". And i'm sure she's intentionally do that because she's done with these sex slave crap her husband doing (and ofc she hates Arnheid too, no doubt 'bout that).
May 8, 2023 5:22 PM
May 2021
Omg. This show is beyond incredible. That switch from Ketil being the most docile and caring person in the show, to the one with the most bloodlust and vengefulness is insane. I keep thinking the last episode is going to be the peak of the season but each episode is just better and better and better! Good God I don’t want this train to end!!!
May 8, 2023 5:35 PM
Apr 2020
What really saddens me is that Arnheid's unborn child will certainly die from such a savage beating. It's messed up when we recall that Arnheid told Thorfinn & Einar that she intends to raise her second child properly.
LLBirdMay 8, 2023 5:43 PM
May 8, 2023 5:37 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
ogking31 said:
AOD-san said:
this build up was already in season 1, and why would they reunite heartedly when Thorfinn's friend was beaten badly? 
Then perhaps the producers should've changed the order of things. I understand from other comments that the reunion was shown in the manga but not the anime. 

Now I'm not asking for something super enthusiastic or exciting, but it would've just been nice to see. Especially considering Thorfinn's new personality. And it would've been before they found out Arnheid was beat up anyways. 
May 8, 2023 5:44 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Arnheid... :(

Finally Leif and Thorfinn met again. I've been feeling bad for Leif this whole time tbh lol. Like, please give this gramps a rest.
May 8, 2023 5:55 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Was a fan of Ketil up until this episode.... ugh. Great episode overall though.

The World Suffused with Sound.
May 8, 2023 5:58 PM

Apr 2022
FUCKKKKKKKKK.
now that was a hard watch. tension was extreme. feel for her and her unborn child but i guess i can understand from ketil's perspective. 
canute is also on the way and leif is there, interesting stuff. hope arnheid finds her silver lining in all this.
May 8, 2023 6:31 PM

Aug 2019
Somehow managed to forget how much Ketil deserves to go to hell. A goddamn slaveowner is a goddamn slaveowner at the end of the day. This episode and the last episode have been especially brutal. I feel downright depressed over Arnheid.
May 8, 2023 6:46 PM
Dec 2017
insane plot relevant episode
May 8, 2023 7:00 PM
Jan 2017
porra o velho fica atrás do thorfin por 2 temporada inteira, ai não mostra simplesmente isso só ficou focando em dialogo que porra é de anime é esse
May 8, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2012
AOD-san said:
ogking31 said:
Then perhaps the producers should've changed the order of things. I understand from other comments that the reunion was shown in the manga but not the anime. 

Now I'm not asking for something super enthusiastic or exciting, but it would've just been nice to see. Especially considering Thorfinn's new personality. And it would've been before they found out Arnheid was beat up anyways. 

There was no reunion in the manga either. Hoping that MAPPA will include their reunion as original content in next episode
May 8, 2023 7:03 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
Man, Mappa pullin up on my Monday night to remind me how much I hate Ketil.

May 8, 2023 7:18 PM
Dec 2015
God damn Ketil, baby definitely dead after that.
May 8, 2023 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
so this is where Farming Saga ends
May 8, 2023 7:49 PM
Jan 2022
I’ve never felt this disturbed by an anime before…
May 8, 2023 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
With Ketil's return it was foreseeable that, despite his state of shock, he would seek out Arnheid first. However, there was also the all-important question of how the dramatic events involving Thorfinn, Einar and especially Arnheid, about which Ketil was not yet privy, would be settled. 

Thorfinn's and Einar's train of thought is absolutely understandable. They are obviously also wondering what could possibly happen to Arnheid. On the one hand, the good-natured and Arnheid-loving side of Ketil is well known. On the other hand, Thorfinn and Einar have not known Ketil long enough to judge how this man would react to an attempted escape. 

Was there a better way? In general, very negative events make you ask yourself this question. However, if you look back at the events, I hardly believe that there was a much better option. The situation was too complicated for that. Thorfinn in particular was caught between two fronts as he likes Snake, has enormous respect for him and yet had to fight him to be able to protect Gardar. Without a doubt, violence should be the last resort, and in a perfect world there would probably be no violence at all. However, as Einar mentioned, and as we keep coming back to this topic, there are times when there is a need to fight. This was definitely one of those circumstances. Therefore Thorfinn must not blame himself for Gardar's death as he did everything in his power to help him and Arnheid. Despite everything, I have to disagree with his statement that there are no people who deserve to be hurt. In a utopia, I would agree with him. From his experience on the battlefield he should know best how many revolting crimes are being committed. How should the executives be held accountable without violence? In my eyes, it doesn't work and is simply naive thinking. 

When Ketil reached his house to look for Arnheid and ran into his wife, it became immediately clear to me that she would enjoy not only enlightening him about the events of the past few days, but also inciting him up to deal with this matter "properly". The ensuing change in Ketil's mental state afterwards was hard to miss.

Pater's request to Leif was unexpected. He probably already suspected that the worst was about to happen, otherwise he would never have come up with such a request.

What the retainer addressed towards Arnheid and at the same time planned to do to her was already bad enough. But what happened when Ketil arrived was not only disturbing but almost left me speechless. I didn't expect such brutality. Even knowing that Arnheid might be carrying his child, he took no heed, which in turn confirmed his true nature and why he was called Ironfist Ketil. We can assume that without Snake's appearance, Arnheid would almost certainly have died. I lost all sympathy for Ketil after this. Fuck this guy. Hopefully he dies in Canute's attack in the worst possible way, so if Arnheid survives, she eventually can be free. For now I can't even express how bad I feel for her.  
Natsu88May 8, 2023 8:20 PM

Aug 2017
Ketil has finally lost it. He snapped. And for fair reasons. Ketil being a master, he as a right to punish and even kill his slave.
But what he did to Arnheid was brutal and harsh. But there was no denying the fact that she kinda deserved it. She took Ketil's warmth and care for granted and tried to escape.
It was still painful to watch as Arnheid was pregnant with Ketil's baby.
I'm just glad that Snake came to stop Ketil from going even further. He really came in at the perfect time.

Thorfinn's reunion with Leif was very anti-climatic. And Einar sobbing and showing concern for Arnheid was really sweet. This man really cares for her.
NaroomakiMay 13, 2023 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
fk dude, i was expecting something bad to happen but... fk
i wasnt ready
May 8, 2023 9:04 PM

Sep 2020
Naroomaki said:
Ketil has finally lost it. He snapped. And for fair reasons. As a master, he as a right to punish and even kill his slave.
But what he did to Arnheid was brutal and harsh. But there was no denying the fact that she kinda deserved it. She took Ketil's warmth and care for granted and tried to escape.
It was still painful to watch as Arnheid was pregnant with Ketil's baby.
I'm just glad that Snake came to stop Ketil from going even further. He really came in at the perfect time.

Thorfinn's reunion with Leif was very anti-climatic. And Einar sobbing and showing concern for Arnheid was really sweet. This man really cares for her.
Wtf are you talking lol. It's seems you support slavery. "As a master, he as a right to punish and even kill his slave" Seriously dude 😞 Do you own a slave or what ? Keeping a slave is a crime on it's own.
ZXEANMay 8, 2023 9:11 PM
May 8, 2023 9:14 PM
Jan 2023
This point on, no matter what Ketil does, he's irredeemable to me. He really went from being the nicest person on the farm to the absolute monster. Man is so weak that he feels powerful by beating helpless pregnant woman.
I'll never forgive him. F*uck you Ketil. U deserve all the insults and abuse of the world. I hope u have worst death possible and in that moment u remember what you did to Arnheid and your child that she was carrying.
LaterplzMay 8, 2023 9:25 PM
May 8, 2023 9:25 PM
Oct 2021
Bro that ending song is just perfect! The way it’s come in like a very soft hug to make you cry after all the tragedy and sadness

Damn!
May 8, 2023 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Nah dude. The amount of suffering Arnheid has gone through this season is unreal. I mean, I like (or used to like?) Ketil and that cour-1 episode focused on him was great but the fat-ass just beat the shit out of a pregnant woman so I now hope he gets cut in half by a sword strike or something.
May 8, 2023 9:31 PM
Mar 2023
Nothing about Leif and Thorfinn's reunion smh
May 8, 2023 9:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As everyone has mentioned already, it feels kind of awkward how they don't show Leif seeing Thorfinn again for the first time in so long. I hope they start off the next episode with their meeting, otherwise it's just gonna be like, huh?

Arnheid getting nearly beaten to death was just so sad and disturbing- but not because of the actual beating, but because she has already been through so much already. Just from RECENT events, she had just lost Gardar, captured and tied up, almost raped, and then almost killed by Ketil. One more blow may have even killed her, had it not been for Snake stepping in at the last second. Damn. And Einar seeing her like this, you know the beast in him is gonna let loose when Canute arrives and things go down. I wonder what he and Thorfinn plan to do in the heat of things; probably to get Arnheid out of there and finally give her a life where she can rest.

I like how Canute says how Ketil didn't seem like a warrior when they met, despite his iron-fist-title-whatever it was. But idk, Ketil definitely looks like he got that beast in him as well. Driven by madness, he's about to unleash the warrior in him. 

EVERYONE is going mad, including Canute, who may be the maddest out of them all. When they land and set foot on Ketil's farm, I'm expecting nothing short of an absolute bloodfest. Everyone is probably going to go insane. Everyone except Thorfinn, who, in season one, was probably the most insane out of them all.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 2023 10:00 PM
Mar 2020
Just wanted to point out that if Ketil did worse to anyone else, nobody would bat an eye. But since he did that to a woman, and one that people seem to like a lot, everyone is acting like he is the worst human being alive. Plus, let's not forget that in "normal" circunstances, her actions would have resulted in FAR worse consequences.
Anyways, she is a very unlucky person. Most of the bad things that happened to her weren't her fault. Such a tragic story.
May 8, 2023 10:04 PM

Jul 2021
shit has officially hit the fan. fuck ketil

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 8, 2023 10:24 PM
Apr 2021
PEAK fiction, nothing else to be said
May 8, 2023 10:29 PM
Jul 2019
pain... just pain.
May 8, 2023 10:38 PM
Nov 2022
Well, this was not easy to watch for me. I really liked Ketil, he was a litlle pillar of humanity  in contrast to other slave owners. I think he was under too much stress and needed to take it out on someone. Unfortunately, Arnheid was the only person he really trusted and her attempt to escape was the last straw. Somewhere I'm trying to understand his motivations, but beating a heavily pregnant woman nearly to death is something I just can't forgive. I don't know if I'll ever like Ketil again, but Vinland Saga has shown me so many times that not all people are all good or all bad. I'm excited to see what the next episodes have in store for us.
May 8, 2023 10:38 PM

Feb 2016
After that fkng trash that was the Gardar arc this is back on track!!!

Arnheid deserved it, she should have been raped by the horses or something lol, Ketil made a mistake? Well, what do you people expect, she told him she is pregnant after trying to escape with her lover, of course he wasn't going to believe that, he was angry as fuck, and just like Snake said, he can kill his slaves if he wants, that's how that works, people saying he sucks now for what he did are dumbasses that just don't wanna understand how society worked in the past yet they try to enjoy and defend this story, and that's hilarious.

And Snake isn't dead? WHAT A FKNG JOKE, I KNEW IT, dumb ass Gardar wasn't even able to kill him, it is clear now that Gardar didn't accomplished or added anything to this plot other than fkng filler, they could have go with "Arnheid tried to escape and be free because she didn't want his son to have a slave for a mother" and the outcome was going to be the same lmaooo

And Leif finally found Thorfinn but we had their reunion skipped because, again, of fkng Arnheid, so yeah, I'm serious, she should've been raped by horses.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode!
StallionXDMay 8, 2023 10:43 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 8, 2023 11:01 PM

Sep 2020
StallionXD said:
After that fkng trash that was the Gardar arc this is back on track!!!

Arnheid deserved it, she should have been raped by the horses or something lol, Ketil made a mistake? Well, what do you people expect, she told him she is pregnant after trying to escape with her lover, of course he wasn't going to believe that, he was angry as fuck, and just like Snake said, he can kill his slaves if he wants, that's how that works, people saying he sucks now for what he did are dumbasses that just don't wanna understand how society worked in the past yet they try to enjoy and defend this story, and that's hilarious.

And Snake isn't dead? WHAT A FKNG JOKE, I KNEW IT, dumb ass Gardar wasn't even able to kill him, it is clear now that Gardar didn't accomplished or added anything to this plot other than fkng filler, they could have go with "Arnheid tried to escape and be free because she didn't want his son to have a slave for a mother" and the outcome was going to be the same lmaooo

And Leif finally found Thorfinn but we had their reunion skipped because, again, of fkng Arnheid, so yeah, I'm serious, she should've been raped by horses.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode!
Dude you need an immediate mental check up.
May 8, 2023 11:12 PM

Feb 2016
ZXEAN said:
Dude you need an immediate mental check up.
And you need to grow the fuck up lol 
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 8, 2023 11:14 PM
Mar 2023
Man, this episode was depressing.

I feel so bad for Arnheid. . . I hope she makes it through and escapes again. This is wishful thinking, but I hope Snake can turn over a stone and help her out.

On the other hand, we FINALLY get a Leif and Thorfinn reunion only to get them standing side-by-side? Why not give a quick scene where they acknowledge each other and many conflicting emotions on their faces? Oh well.

On to the next episode!
May 8, 2023 11:47 PM
May 2021
arnheid was almost beaten to death bruh. And i guess the baby inside her stomach is also dead
May 8, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2021
That was hard to watch. Fuck Ketil, i hope that gorilla face unalives himself.
May 8, 2023 11:53 PM
Feb 2023
Bellana2003 said:
Well, this was not easy to watch for me. I really liked Ketil, he was a litlle pillar of humanity  in contrast to other slave owners. I think he was under too much stress and needed to take it out on someone. Unfortunately, Arnheid was the only person he really trusted and her attempt to escape was the last straw. Somewhere I'm trying to understand his motivations, but beating a heavily pregnant woman nearly to death is something I just can't forgive. I don't know if I'll ever like Ketil again, but Vinland Saga has shown me so many times that not all people are all good or all bad. I'm excited to see what the next episodes have in store for us.

Yep,Thorfinn might look redeemed(which he is) but he was no better than Ketil when he was raiding villages.
May 9, 2023 12:10 AM

Mar 2016
Of course Ketil's rich ass has the fanciest sword around.

Anyway, Ketil just vented his anger at people more powerful than him on the least powerful and least able to defend herself. His wife certainly did her best to stoke his anger at Arnheid, though I doubt even she expected this much considering her casual tone. He certainly heard it from the most biased source available and went nuts with the information.

I wonder if there will be a Thorfin-Thorkel reunion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.