Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Now that the show established its premise and character cast, they actually go on a mission outdoors. I couldn't take that cat seriously though...felt like it the little guy just came into this season out nowhere.

Not going to lie, character reactions in this anime is still comedy gold. I still love Megumin's confidence in this anime though..seems like out of all the academy students, she still stands out the most. Arue doesn't seem to have react as much as others. Can't wait to see more of this cast's shenanigans!
Apr 12, 2023 9:28 AM
May 2022
I loved how funny and epic this episode was
Apr 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
Sooo... this is how Megumin met Chomusuke!! o.0

The village had been destroyed by those gargoyles?? naaah.....
The village had been destroyed by those crazy adults?? yes sure!
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Oct 2021
Love the classic funny Konosuba facial expressions, and nice ED visuals.
Apr 12, 2023 9:47 AM

Jun 2019
So... that's how Megumin got Chomusuke. Nice. Komekko is so adorable and all of Megumin's friends are nice. It was cool to see that Crimson Demons are always like that. Destroying everything without thinking. LOL. But, it was nice that they were able to rebuild the village. The ED both visually and song-wise was great.
Apr 12, 2023 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
"Netorare...
- Netorare ja nai!!" 
That part killed me.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 12, 2023 10:01 AM
Jun 2020
Chomusuke is bacc!! (though he don't own the name yet)

that Stalker bit is got me crying 😭😭. my god...
This spin-off is just as chaotic as the main and I love it
Apr 12, 2023 10:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm i guess a dagger would be a good backup weapon for mages. So thats how Megumin found her cat. Magical amp sure sounds pretty useful. Sounds like the dungeon's mid tier mons are starting to get free. The adults really made a mess of things in the village though. Looks like they cut loose way too much. Im glad that the repairs were speedy. Pretty cute ending theme by Rieri and Aki though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2023 10:19 AM
Jul 2015
I feel it's still rather weak. The chuuni cringe and recklessness were good. The ntr joke and the guy in the whole were funny, too. The rest was only OK. Ish. Megumin feels like a different character every few minutes and I couldn't care less about the girls among themselves.

I want some Darkness! I want the world's greatest panty thief!
Apr 12, 2023 10:31 AM
Aug 2022
Dickegrobe said:
I feel it's still rather weak. The chuuni cringe and recklessness were good. The ntr joke and the guy in the whole were funny, too. The rest was only OK. Ish. Megumin feels like a different character every few minutes and I couldn't care less about the girls among themselves.

I want some Darkness! I want the world's greatest panty thief!
After watching this I don’t feel like it was bad. 
But after you mention darkness and panty thief…
Yeah, you have a point…
Apr 12, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2021
it's just not funny
Apr 12, 2023 10:44 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was for most of the part hilarious as hell. Komekko just too damn cute and her voice actor is killing it. Well, that's how Megumin got her beloved pet, Chomusuke. Following up with an outdoor mission to save the village from some monsters. Let's say that it ended up against some pretty big monsters, aka gargoyles. Oh man, the reactions when they've got spotted by one got me rolling on the floor. 
The best part of the episode was for sure the principal and the other adults going crazy with their magic, shit got me laughing so hard. 
Eh, megumi's brother was decent IG.

Character interaction, reactions and comedy are gold.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 12, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
So that’s chomusuke origin story eh? Pretty fun episode. Even tho I’m not a megumin fan at all I’ve been able to enjoy these first two episodes. Who knows, maybe I’ll come out of this not hating her lol.
Apr 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
ED revealed. The animation is hilarious and I think suits this series well. And the song is performed by the VAs of Megumin and Yunyun! That's so cute! I couldn't help but smile.

I also smiled through the rest of the episode. Seems like Chomosuke debuted in this episode lol. But she's not called Chomosuke yet.

The NTR joke caught me off-guard.
Apr 12, 2023 11:18 AM
May 2020
megumin and megumin! now i understand the demon aspect of their names, they are too relentless
Apr 12, 2023 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
Teacher Pucchin is cool. Yunyun is cute. Another fun episode.
Apr 12, 2023 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Megumin is being hard on Yunyun, especially at the point of seeing each other as rivals.

Ah, it's the Chomusuke origin story of how Komekko found the demonic cat, which landed in Megumin's hands, and proclaimed to the class that the yet-unnamed cat is her familiar. But of course, Red Prison would not allow animals in school, except for Megumin's case it's her usual Chuuni style that allows her to keep it, and a group activity to qualm the tomb of the Dark God. What a cuckold moment for Megumin from Arue, for Yunyun to be paired with another group.

Beating innocent monsters up is heartless, but it's all for training as Crimson Demons. And when a gargoyle comes attacking, some dude comes shelding them, at the expense of finding his love. Within the expectations of the Red Prison staff involved to alleviate the village from rampaging gargoyles, they would go too far to break and restore it after the deed has been done.

Better give Chomusuke a name, otherwise it would inherit Megumin's name forever.
Apr 12, 2023 11:49 AM

May 2020
These people have a horrible naming sense.. we know that, but still it feels hilarious.

Felt classic Konosuba, with those meme worthy faces, flashy magic spells and girls going full chunni. Another good one.
Apr 12, 2023 11:50 AM
Mar 2023
great episode. loving it

Apr 12, 2023 12:02 PM

Mar 2020
Chomusuke is here! This show's great, but the voice acting and character reactions are really the main reasons why I'm enjoying it so much. The jokes are pretty hilarious, but that NTR joke came out of nowhere. The characters are all awesome so far, we'll see where we go from here. Just more classic Konosuba humour this episode.
Apr 12, 2023 12:06 PM
Jun 2020
I was apprehensive about the new director also assuming the storyboards, but by the face at this episode, we are at good hands.
Apr 12, 2023 12:07 PM

Jun 2017
Wanted little more Wolbach this episode but I guess that's for another time. Loved how Arue kept her cool and was deadpan during the Gargoyle jumpscare but caved in disgust as Bukkororii's creepy stalker plan to white knight his crush. Also her NTR joke, off rip was hilarious since it was well timed.
Apr 12, 2023 12:19 PM

Nov 2019
Chomusuke returns \(≧▽≦)/
Apr 12, 2023 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
Decent episode, the last one too, and some few bits of humor too... But yeah, it feels lacking in interest and stuff. Is it just the spinoff is less good, or maybe the different studio..? Honestly i'm still pretty worried about that latter part, especially considering what the studio's other works are like
Apr 12, 2023 12:54 PM

Dec 2020
Man anime this season are outright fire. The vibe of 2015 is what I am getting, most of the anime has dime of thought in them, everything is good as I like. I always felt that Megumin is useless because of the only magic she can use but now considering the way she felt and the reasoning, I think it is quite cool and absolutely think the same as her.
This episode was an complete treat, it's been quite an while since I felt like this. The feeling which I got watching anime in 2020 is what I am getting. Stellar writing with a ton of thought behind in it, in order to make the anime enjoyable to the viewer. The jokes are not overused, fresh. The animation is lovely. The ED was quite cute as well.
I am quite stoked to see what this season holds this year. This is what I wanted ever since 2020. I think watching Death Note yesterday was the season I am so elated right now but yeah! I really love this season, it's quite sad that I may not be able to watch anime at all from May xD

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
Apr 12, 2023 1:02 PM

Jul 2021
NETORARE JANAI LMAO
Apr 12, 2023 1:13 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Does anyone still remeber that Megumin exists only because of the foolish inventor who built the walking fortress, which caused a calamity and destroyed everything in its path? That was probably the funniest scene in Konosuba for me.

Apr 12, 2023 1:15 PM

Jul 2022
gr8 fun episode, just what id expect from konosuba, and those old men rly destroyed their own town man damn
Apr 12, 2023 1:30 PM
Oct 2021
i’m pleasantly surprised by this - so enjoyable from start to finish. a great episode
Apr 12, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2016
Everyone in this village is beyond extra even the damn teachers! Going way overboard with those attacks to fight off the gargoyles. The girls were trying so hard to make them stop even after the gargoyles were all dead. Decorative gargoyles that came alive and attacked! Talk about wild things going wrong in the village. But I suppose that's just typical for the crimson demons, they get into all kind of crazy situations. At least it got fixed literally overnight. The girls class being them all having to take down a helpless monster was kind of sad. The ones not wanting to kill the bunny made me laugh. Megumin was totally for it! Her trying to coax Dondoko into killing the bunny only for that gargoyle to appear in the tree. The reaction faces upon seeing they creepy thing were priceless. Total shock and I would be too, that gargoyle was dropping and looked deranged. I loved the comedy in this episode with the cat Komekko found and Megumin adopted. Her newly minted familiar which everyone accepts. Very adorable cat Megumin now has and gets to bring to school. Her convincing the teacher was funny saying the cat was a fragmented part of her soul.
Apr 12, 2023 1:36 PM

Sep 2018
This was a big step up from episode 1 that almost made me drop the series. The men of the crimson demons are the best part for me. Love the instructors and the stalker guy. It was also fun seeing Megumin go ham using a physical weapon on monsters since I always assumed she only used magic. I liked the ntr joke and overkill from the instructors on the town. A solid 4/5 this episode.
Apr 12, 2023 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
While I do like seeing the characters again, so far, this doesn't really have the same charm the original cast had together. Lacking that Kazuma's tsukkomi. Having other characters play the role kind of feel out of place and doesn't really hit the mark. The chuuni dialogue can get tiring fast if the entire cast is chuuni. Hoping the humor picks up.
Apr 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Feb 2014
Thanks to Komekko, she found the adorable Chomusuke and Megumin was able to keep her at school, which was nice. Then came along that NTR joke, which not only caught me off guard, but the way that Megumin responded in anger while blushing had me laughing hard for a good while! XD

This is the classic Konosuba that I know and love. The facial expressions were plenty and wacky and seeing the teachers and the other men of the village using their magic to try and kill off the gargoyles was hilarious, mostly down to the fact that they were doing more damage to the village instead, all while being as crazy as possible while casting magic.

This series knows how to make me feel entertained! =D

The ED song was very catchy and chill, which is a good tonic of relaxation after laughing so much in this episode. The animation style for the ED segment was goofy, but cute, both in a good way.
Apr 12, 2023 1:50 PM
Feb 2023
Megumin & Yunyun are definitely bffs.
Apr 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Dec 2016
Hate to say it, but this show is just not working for me.  Even though Megumin is a rather beloved character, her bit isn't really the funniest part of konosuba... thus I think why the humor in this show feels kind of flat.  

Nice to see chomusuke though…. Cute cats are always a plus. 
>^____^<
Apr 12, 2023 2:24 PM
Apr 2020
Megumin's teacher is just too much lol . We also got introduced to chomusuke <3 this ep was so much fun
Apr 12, 2023 2:35 PM

May 2015
I like this, but it's just not nearly as funny without Kazuma or Aqua
Apr 12, 2023 3:03 PM

Mar 2020
man this was so good, i might tear up
konosuba really is back...
Apr 12, 2023 3:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like the comedy is ramping up a bit, definitely a fan of that. Looks like Komekko was the one that found that black cat originally, I’m happy that she’s happy that she defeated it but I’m glad Megumin took it over lol, and her trying to explain why she needs the cat in class was pretty funny, looks like if it’s creative and edgy enough they’ll allow anything at the school lol. And before the girls grouped up I found Arue’s NTR or cuckold comment to be funny too, I wasn’t expecting it lol.

And damn the gargoyle bit was good, the girls’ reactions were hilarious and they thankfully got saved by that dude in the hole (his name already escapes me) but he ended up being a bit of a wacko with his Soketto obsession so the girls ditched him after he just saved them lol. And the last bit with the old dudes “saving” the village was pretty hilarious, love how they kept looking back the whole time too lol. And it occurred to me in that scene that it’s cute when Megumin is an edge lord, but when it’s a lot of men it looks kinda cringe lol, but that’s part of what makes it so great.

And I have to mention how amazing that ED was, I loved the art and the song carries the torch of Konosuba in being a chill song, it also takes me back to last spring season with Spy x Family’s first ED, such a relaxing jam, I think that’ll definitely be a favorite of mine this season.
Apr 12, 2023 3:19 PM

Jan 2021
YunYun is getting some W's in this episode, I like it. Also according to the sneak peek that weirdo is actually Megumin's brother, so she already had good use of the NEET insult. 
Apr 12, 2023 3:33 PM
Dec 2022
It was what we wanted, the konosuba and megumin that we all love
Apr 12, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
I can't get enough of how caring Megumin is with Komekko. Ed visuals were lovely.
Apr 12, 2023 3:57 PM
Mar 2019
I can't stop laughing in this episode.  No wonder Megumin ended up this way...she's such a bully. hahaha
Apr 12, 2023 4:06 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
pastuch said:
NETORARE JANAI LMAO

When megumin's friend said
"cucked"
i died...

Apr 12, 2023 4:09 PM

May 2018
It was okay, I guess I'm not much of a fan of Megumin but it's decent enough. I just miss the cast of KonoSuba tho, especially Darkness (best girl). Nonetheless, the NTR take was funny, and the characters facial expressions are gold, the part where they destroy the village was pretty comical. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 12, 2023 4:11 PM

Sep 2017
Damn that was a great ending sequence. Loved the goofy animation. The neet shenanigans next episode should be pretty good based on what I remember from the books.
Apr 12, 2023 4:17 PM
Feb 2020
I love how Arue did not react at all during the monster attack but even she couldnt keep a straight face after Bukkorori's rant
Apr 12, 2023 4:26 PM

Feb 2021
It is the return of Chomusuke! Love how them old guys just blew up their hometown like it was nothing.
Apr 12, 2023 4:51 PM
Feb 2020
mkzxwing said:
Decent episode, the last one too, and some few bits of humor too... But yeah, it feels lacking in interest and stuff. Is it just the spinoff is less good, or maybe the different studio..? Honestly i'm still pretty worried about that latter part, especially considering what the studio's other works are like
Every day I read this same thing. People, for the love of God, stop hallucinating, the studio has changed twice already, it's irrelevant, the staff remains the same!
Apr 12, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2021
Why did the adults turn their gazes towards the girls while using the lightsaber??
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Konosuba spinoff only sells 700 blu rays in first week.

DEMSpirit - Feb 24

12 by Asuka816 »»
May 21, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

168 by MadhouseFanboy »»
May 1, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Yunyun stole the show!

Avvenirista - Jun 22, 2023

14 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

102 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

89 by pasketiii »»
Mar 23, 1:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.