Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2023 7:54 PM

Jun 2019
I wonder where is the child now. Maybe in Canute's army that'll invade them, maybe not. When did the abduction even happen. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 10, 2023 9:54 PM
Aug 2018
Can't believe the best 2 episodes of Vinland are both episodes 14 in each season. Crazy
Apr 10, 2023 9:56 PM
Jan 2021
most emotional episode of the season so far.
Apr 10, 2023 9:57 PM
Jan 2023
R0rack said:
Can't believe the best 2 episodes of Vinland are both episodes 14 in each season. Crazy
I digress, episode 18 or 24 tops it from last season

Apr 10, 2023 10:05 PM
Jul 2022
Is sverkel backstory anime only? I do not remember reading it
Apr 10, 2023 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
No matter hat you do or don't do everything goes to hell in a hand basket
Apr 10, 2023 10:32 PM
Nov 2022
Great Episode. Very emotional and sad. I feel so bad for Arnheid and Gardar. I hope nothing bad happends to them. 

I can say for sure after the last few episodes that Vinland Saga has become my new favorite anime. I love the story, characters and the great music.
Apr 10, 2023 10:36 PM

Feb 2014
Even though you wait for the storm to pass, it will leave scars behind. Man the lines in this story are so heart wrenching. More of em to come.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 10, 2023 10:59 PM

Feb 2016
Einar was horny for Arnheid while she was like "fuck my life" lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 10, 2023 11:32 PM

Aug 2015
Snake is really solid, no wonder why he is the big boss of the farm's infantry
Apr 11, 2023 12:07 AM
Oct 2022
Bruh. poor Einar. I feel sorry for him
Apr 11, 2023 1:04 AM
Jan 2023
otakuweek said:
ogking31 said:
Einar is trying his best to make Arnheid free, since she told him she belongs to the master. It's pretty logical decision to do that

Logical to get killed???

Before to see the husband, he said that he wanted to buy her if it’s possible. Why do you watch ep 14 if you didn’t watch the previous episodes???
Apart from that, he wants to help the husband who did bad things and she told him after, that she is pregnant. So Einar almost get killed for no good reasons…
Where did einar said he wants to buy her? He literally said he wants her to be free since she's attached to Ketil. Of course he wants to help the husband because it wants to live with Arnheid away from being a slave. that's called freedom. 

how are you not getting the simple context? 
Apr 11, 2023 1:14 AM
Mar 2023
sneako and Einar fighting for who's the biggest cuck
Apr 11, 2023 1:17 AM

Jul 2021
the second half was utterly magnificent. so beautiful. one of my fav episodes.

and i was right about the arnheid pregnant with ketil's child thing. this time around i skipped watching the opening as i don't want to spoil anything else for myself by watching it.

i can fully understand arnheid and her reluctant to go help gardar or just stay behind and wait for him to vanish from her life. what gardar is doing isn't wrong either but the knowledge that arnheid is preggo and his son is missing will complicate the situation a lot.

imagine gardar wasn't injured. he would have annihilated snake for sure.

also i'm confused did thorifinn get teary eyed too or was it just arnheid in that one scene.

can't wait to watch the next episode. every ep is peak over peak.
TsutanaiFuunApr 11, 2023 1:20 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 11, 2023 1:51 AM

Dec 2018
finding this part of the story terribly uninteresting.
Apr 11, 2023 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
Elfezen said:
Snake is really solid, no wonder why he is the big boss of the farm's infantry

Solid Snake you say..
Apr 11, 2023 2:56 AM
Aug 2020
ogking31 said:
otakuweek said:

Logical to get killed???

Before to see the husband, he said that he wanted to buy her if it’s possible. Why do you watch ep 14 if you didn’t watch the previous episodes???
Apart from that, he wants to help the husband who did bad things and she told him after, that she is pregnant. So Einar almost get killed for no good reasons…
Where did einar said he wants to buy her? He literally said he wants her to be free since she's attached to Ketil. Of course he wants to help the husband because it wants to live with Arnheid away from being a slave. that's called freedom. 

Are you serious? Go watch again…

She is not for sell otherwise that’s was his plan to buy her freedom and he wanted to talk about that with the master…

Are you a child? Do you understand the things that you are watching? ( real question )

His behavior was just stupid,he was ready to fight to death without asking questions about the situation 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 11, 2023 3:17 AM
Nov 2020
Vinland saga s2 Ep:14

I'll describe this for you all.

- First they show the consequences of gadar actions in the past. (Some past are yet to be cover so wait) - As "Airnhead" Reveal her story to all of them and one of them is our Thorfinn as you can say from his expressions he realises the past he killed many people they also loose thier love once beacuse of him.

- "Airnhead" said "sometimes you have to wait for the storm to pass away". After Airnhead going to rescue for his husband gadar The Old man laying on bed tell his backstory and after that he said "Waiting for the storm to pass away is good but it's leave with the scar (destruction)"
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 AM

Jul 2016
StateofOhayo said:

I am the opposite. 

Now that the farming is done I am back on board the slaves are getting fucked over train. 
Apr 11, 2023 5:00 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit the second half of this episode was just so beautiful in a poetic kind of way, even if you wait out a storm it’ll still leave scars is such a quote that struck me in this ep. I understand what Einar is feeling but bro needs to cool it with jumping thoughtlessly in a conflict that he has no part of, and I know Thorfinn is feeling grieve bc of Arnhied’s story about Vikings pillaging her village, bros battling so many demons🙁
Apr 11, 2023 5:04 AM
Oct 2019
Suffering and PAIN.

Damn the Soundtrack for this Episode was really beautiful.
Apr 11, 2023 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
The music director needs his own award, damn.
Apr 11, 2023 5:33 AM

Dec 2018
Vindicater said:
StateofOhayo said:

I am the opposite. 

Now that the farming is done I am back on board the slaves are getting fucked over train. 
nah i liked the farming and everything, it's just this personal drama feels like the story, instead of advancing, took a massive step backward. i don't see how it moves the plot at all, and einar should really stop simping and mind his own business, for his and everyone else's good. i don't want to say it's bad or anything, just that i find it boring and useless.
Apr 11, 2023 6:41 AM

Jun 2021
Damn this episode...no this anime shows how cruel the world is. Why do people suffer really. The slaves, it's really their fate to lose someone or something. Not just pain, their suffering is inevitable.
Apr 11, 2023 6:50 AM

Aug 2022
Wow! Loved it! What a story! 
Visuals and art were amazing! Good Job Mappa 🫡
Apr 11, 2023 7:16 AM
Jul 2021
Best ep of the season so far
Apr 11, 2023 7:50 AM
Oct 2007
How is this so good week after week? Episode feels too short, every second is precious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2023 9:00 AM

Sep 2015
Well at least Thorfinn remembered how Snake saved him from his subordinates.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 11, 2023 10:06 AM

May 2021
Somehow now I feel worse for Arnheid than for Einar. I do appreciate that he's accepted the fact that she has a husband and son though.

Apr 11, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2022
That fight between Gardar and Snake was predictable. But this episode, just hit different from the other one's.

Looking into the past of Arnheid is just trauma after trauma but still she didn't gave up on life.

Life's like hell for slaves, especially female slaves as they get treated even worse than the other slaves.
Apr 11, 2023 10:16 AM
May 2021
Depressing as usual, but it was refreshing to see Arnheid's background as she too is character with enduring strength that held onto hope to being content with what she had.
Sometimes it's just like that no matter what.
An avalanche of bullshit from bad to worse, but that silver lining of hope to a somewhat brighter future.
Yeah, this episode gave me the feels, sorry.
Apr 11, 2023 10:23 AM
Nov 2022
great nostalgic and emotional episode
Apr 11, 2023 11:03 AM

Dec 2018
OUSTANDING episode. Mind blowing. Peak fiction. Probably the best episode in this season
Apr 11, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2023
otakuweek said:
ogking31 said:

She is not for sell otherwise that’s was his plan to buy her freedom and he wanted to talk about that with the master…

Are you a child? Do you understand the things that you are watching? ( real question )

His behavior was just stupid,he was ready to fight to death without asking questions about the situation 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Like I mentioned where did u get the idea he was trying to buy her??? he was trying to free her by attacking snake so she could get away. In fact Einar WANTED to stay because he feels like he's friends with Arnheid. 

idk how you got this conlusion of Einar wanting to buy Arnheid when that was never the case. 
Apr 11, 2023 12:54 PM
Jan 2023
StateofOhayo said:
Vindicater said:

I am the opposite. 

nah i liked the farming and everything, it's just this personal drama feels like the story, instead of advancing, took a massive step backward. i don't see how it moves the plot at all, and einar should really stop simping and mind his own business, for his and everyone else's good. i don't want to say it's bad or anything, just that i find it boring and useless.
why is it useless?? the setting that thorfinn and Einar is on is literally Ketil's farm. this is called world building and how you extrapolate other characters that is involve with the primary setting. 

It seems like you didn't understand the actual plot of this whole thing and why it matters. 
Apr 11, 2023 2:44 PM
Dec 2015
absolute masterpiece
Apr 11, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2020
ogking31 said:
otakuweek said:

Like I mentioned where did u get the idea he was trying to buy her??? he was trying to free her by attacking snake so she could get away. In fact Einar WANTED to stay because he feels like he's friends with Arnheid. 

idk how you got this conlusion of Einar wanting to buy Arnheid when that was never the case. 

You were sleeping when they talk about freedom I guess.

At the end of the day, we won’t agree about that even if you missed this part…

An no matter what, it was stupid to try to kill snake…

And she explained why it was not a good idea…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 11, 2023 3:41 PM
Feb 2021
This was easily one of the best episodes this season. The bit of action at the start and the backstory of two characters we know little about made a great episode. The colors and music really stood out and made every moment of the episode entertaining.
Apr 11, 2023 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
"After the storm, comes the calm" Yeah, about that...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 11, 2023 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Just want say that i loved the piano ost in the last scenes. It was amazing work.

Also poor Bro Einar.
Apr 11, 2023 5:16 PM

Dec 2018
ogking31 said:
StateofOhayo said:
why is it useless?? the setting that thorfinn and Einar is on is literally Ketil's farm. this is called world building and how you extrapolate other characters that is involve with the primary setting. 

It seems like you didn't understand the actual plot of this whole thing and why it matters. 
it seems like YOU are putting words in my mouth and not listening to what i'm saying. the whole z story line (since there's so many) with arnheid is so unbelievably boring and i've yet to see how it relates to larger things going on. it felt like a few episodes back things were starting to develop in certain ways only for us to get massive whiplash with a whole new story wrench in the machine. very disappointing.
Apr 11, 2023 6:16 PM
Jan 2017
sad ss mt bom a historia
Apr 11, 2023 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
bassyey said:
I wonder where is the child now. Maybe in Canute's army that'll invade them, maybe not. When did the abduction even happen. Can't wait for the next episode.

1) Look at the ages, it hasn't been that long, Arnheild looked like in her early-mid 20s at most in the past and now looks maybe in her 30s, not enough to be in the army, also I read that they altered a bit maybe to avoid being that explicit but in the manga apparently

(Both spoilers are differences between manga/anime not really any future stuff)

Another anime only thing was 

The backstory that the old man tells Arnheild,
Apr 11, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
Absolutely masterpiece of an episode but I feel like shit now. Arnheid's backstory was depressing af and her VA giving her all with those screams almost made me tear up.

OST was outstanding as always, by the way.
Apr 11, 2023 10:00 PM
May 2017
Lol calm your ass down before you get killed batman aka Einar. If Thorfinn didn't step in, he woulda gotten beheaded and Arnheid prolly wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. His braincells go on rest mode when it comes to her, but you know what they say. Love makes you do dumb things🙄

But yea this episode was peak as usual. Enjoyed that little convo between Sverkel and Arnheid as well.

5/5
Apr 12, 2023 12:17 AM
Feb 2022
As always Vinland Saga story telling is incredible. I love that this season action is not the main focus. Even though the concepts in this episode are not new but I like that every character has his own motivation and reason to be introduced in the story like in the flashbacks from this episode. If the story goes like this in the next arc I think this season will be better than the first one of course if the next arc will be finished by the end of the season.
Apr 12, 2023 12:35 AM

Feb 2015
Viking farming simulator intensifies. Still waiting for something to happen.
Apr 12, 2023 2:59 AM

Sep 2007
Einar can be so dumb... What's the point trying to save the husband of the woman who just go in a rampage? It's not like the guy is innocent and you will gain nothing from your action. He is lucky to have Thorfinn for holding his horses.
Apr 12, 2023 7:37 AM

Oct 2008
another masterful directing flexing episode!
Snake is badass!
5/5.

Apr 12, 2023 9:04 AM

Sep 2020
Wonder what their part has to do with the overall story and looks like next episode will start to get really intense.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
Yesterday, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

284 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.