Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 7, 2023 11:54 AM
Jun 2022
It was pretty nice. It's just Vinland Saga
Mar 7, 2023 12:04 PM
Jul 2020
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Mar 7, 2023 1:23 PM
Jul 2021
Brutal but great storytelling!
Mar 7, 2023 6:36 PM

Sep 2014
ogking31 said:
Comander-07 said:
uhh.. what are you talking about? I never said they died. In fact it was stated nobody died. I guess you havent watched the show after all, lol.

And no, pacifism very certainly does not work today, have you lived under a rock the past year? There is literally another war in europe.

Anyway Im out, have fun living in your alternative reality.
"He punched bunch of guys and died" what are you going with this sentence you just made? 

There is literally war in russia because two countries weren't able to communicate on what each want and what each can reconcile with. 

... yeah "continuing to exist" is not really negotiable.

Im saying Thors ideals are utter nonsense and he betrayed them the second he got the chance only to die achieving nothing with his life.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 7, 2023 7:37 PM
Jan 2023
Comander-07 said:
ogking31 said:
"He punched bunch of guys and died" what are you going with this sentence you just made? 

There is literally war in russia because two countries weren't able to communicate on what each want and what each can reconcile with. 

Im saying Thors ideals are utter nonsense and he betrayed them the second he got the chance only to die achieving nothing with his life.
He did achieve something... if he didn't have that ideal he wouldn't make a family right and live peacefully without any bloodshed.
Mar 8, 2023 2:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That punch was very satisfying.
Mar 8, 2023 7:37 AM
May 2022
i can understand thorfinn's pain and einer's anger. great ep, the psychological conversation of this episode was awesome.
Mar 10, 2023 7:07 PM

Aug 2020
4/5

Damn, what an episode. From the color contrasts, subtle compositions, harmonious storytelling & plethora of other things, this might be one of the strongest episode of Vinland Saga to date

We start off with the brilliant vizualisation of Thorfinn's past trauma and the way it was portrayed was a visual treat. He is indeed an empty man who has lost his path and is ever so haunted by his past demons but even someone like him can move on through companionship and peace and him realising that was one of the highlights of the whole show for me but... but the color tone and scenario quickly changes when they find their hard work, obscenely destroyed. Einar on particular is very angry but Thorfinn can't seem to relate as he sees those retainers as his former self. Pater gives them some consolation and advice to never give up before they encounter the retainers and all hell break loose. Einar gets provoked and before he can launch a good right to the guy's face, Thorfinn pulls out a vicious jab shattering Jaws & all before getting pulped himself, slowly descending back to violence and utter indifference with himself

Great episode, can't wait for more!!
Mar 11, 2023 8:11 PM
Jan 2013
боринг и ротинг
Mar 13, 2023 6:02 PM

Sep 2014
ogking31 said:
Comander-07 said:

He did achieve something... if he didn't have that ideal he wouldn't make a family right and live peacefully without any bloodshed.
he quite literally died on a warship with his son getting sold into slavery
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 13, 2023 6:17 PM
Jan 2023
Comander-07 said:
ogking31 said:
he quite literally died on a warship with his son getting sold into slavery
Thors died on a warship whether he kills or doesn't wouldn't change a thing, in fact this changes thorfinn's character and the teachings. 
Mar 16, 2023 12:15 PM
Mar 2021
lyopıuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukyfyfdffduyttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttg
Mar 18, 2023 9:43 AM
Jun 2015
This is truly a season of Thorfinn finding himself again.

I’m happy that he has left go of his hatred but it’s upsetting to see him downgraded to a mere slave. He could easily mop the floor with all these people smh
Mar 31, 2023 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
The fucking retainers are at it again. Those fuck tards really need to get a good beating. I really wanna see Thorfinn snap at least once in this season and just let loose his anger upon them. It was satisfying to see him punch and break the asshole's jaw.

Now that we know that that Ketil has no real power and gets influenced by others easily, I'm pretty sure he won't do shit to help them.

I guess Einar now knows a little more about Arnheid.

Why do I feel like Thorfinn was the one who killed Einar's father when he was still on the battlefield (or was partly responsible).

Apr 6, 2023 7:42 AM
Jan 2018
I normally don’t get mad on behalf of anime characters but this one I did. Those f*kers deserve more than a punch, should be beaten to a pulp and be terrified the next time they even try to do or think of repeating the same dumb mistake.
Apr 18, 2023 3:13 PM

Mar 2021
Got a reminder that Askeladd told Thorfinn to become a true warrior, can't wait to see exactly that

Oh man, the roof scene was great, Thorfinn's finally opening up to Einar

The scene at the beach with the fishing nets was oddly relaxing, and Sverkel's comment about being empty is a great quote. Well said

I genuinely got mad that those retainers destroyed the crops, since Einar and Thorfinn put their hearts into growing them

Thorfinn's punch surprised me, he initiated the fight!!

I wonder what Thors told him at the end. What he told him at the beginning of the story, that he doesn't have any enemies?

I can't see this fight ending without consequences for Thorfinn and Einar. Unless Pater comes up with some evidence, but even then...
OdabraniApr 18, 2023 3:21 PM

Apr 22, 2023 5:12 AM
May 2020
good episode so far, i am loking forward to he's development
Apr 27, 2023 6:21 AM
Apr 2023
i love how it touches on how severe thorfinn's ptsd
May 1, 2023 7:53 PM
Jul 2021
Thorfinn comienza su camino
May 1, 2023 7:53 PM
Jul 2021
Thorfinn comienza su camino
May 9, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2015
Very interesting episode revealing how Thorfinn is devasted now.
May 22, 2023 7:10 PM
Jan 2021
YEAHHHHH MESS EM UP THORFINN
awesome to see him snap back into warrior mode for a sec
their field though.... :(
Jun 15, 2023 9:25 PM

Oct 2013
Bloody bastards! They destroyed the field Einar and Thorfinn so diligently cared about. :( Their reaction on seeing their precious field destroyed was really sad to watch, but at the same time it was very realistic.
Jun 21, 2023 7:46 PM
Jan 2023
Those darn retainers 🤬🤬🤬
Jun 27, 2023 4:31 AM

Mar 2022
This episode really got me thinking; the first half was really beautiful. I'm excited to see Thorfinn develop more.
Jul 9, 2023 5:23 AM

Aug 2019
Those pieces of shit really messed up their farm..
The next episode better show Thorfinn kicking all of their asses.
Jul 11, 2023 2:22 PM
Aug 2022
I knew this was coming but Im reaalally sad anyway. Glad that his jaw was broken.
Jul 15, 2023 6:32 PM

Aug 2019
“Something very important” his sister? Or reaching Vinland.

“Without my hate, I’m empty” Thorfinn said it himself :( I’m hoping that with Einar’s help, he
can find something else to keep living for.

“You can start by learning one thing at a time” thank you grampa, for telling him that.

“People can change, Thorfinn” he really needed to hear those words.

Don’t tell me they destroyed their crops, those stupid retainers. Just leave them alone ffs, they’re not doing anything to you.

Thorfinn hit him I was definitely not expecting that. Well deserved punch, I’m tired of listening to their stupid excuses.
Jul 20, 2023 6:22 PM
Jan 2020
its so good i cant lie
Jul 21, 2023 1:55 AM
Aug 2021
Damn, this old man is actually spitting "If you are empty it is easier to be reborn." Thorfinn acknowledging how lost he is. is a very useful first step. I'm happy to see him healing and slowly changing. This anime is actually going to help a lot of people heal and change their mindset. A lot of the time people struggle with letting go and forgiving themselves and others. Thorfinn is really just looking for atonement. Honestly, I'm loving this anime and looking forward to what the end goal of Vinland Saga is. So Thorfinn & Einar finally snapped, I forgot how physically strong Thorfinn is even though he has such a small frame. This beat down though might help Thorfinn remember whatever he is trying to remember.

Aug 16, 2023 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
I give props to Thorfinn for not being a hypocrite he knows he's done worse things
Aug 23, 2023 9:41 PM
Jan 2023
THE REVELATION FINALLY HAS HAPPENED
Sep 8, 2023 10:42 PM

Mar 2015
Ohhh YES that punch felt very good to watch!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2023 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
So that means that Pater used to be a slave. Too bad he ended up being blind. I'd like to see how it happened.

I was impressed by Thorfinn in this episode. I expected him to react right away when he saw their field destroyed. I'm glad he's aware of his past actions.
KoniginElleSep 24, 2023 10:05 PM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 11, 2023 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, the nails on Thorfinn's hands. That looks painful.
Those retainers would be as good as dead if they messed with the old Thorfinn.
I wonder what's gonna happen to them. Hitting a free man as a slave is a serious crime, even if they are in the right.
Jan 7, 4:47 AM

Apr 2013
Well it's about time Thorfinn exits his emo mode.
Mar 12, 8:06 AM

Mar 2016
We're diving into Thorfinn's internal struggle, his mental state, and his lack of fulfilment or purpose in life.

As someone who has thoughtlessly slain many individuals, the ghost of his victims haunts him in his sleep, and although he wishes to forget about his past altogether. He vaguely remembers something that must never be forgotten. He clings to his past for vengeance no longer, it is now replaced with a need to find out just what it is he should never have forgotten.

As of right now, Thorfinn is empty, his pursuit of vengeance has come to an end the moment Askeladd is killed, but in fact, this is the best state he could be in. For now he can be born anew, step by step, slowly but surely Thorfinn is changing and thus proves that human can change.
Apr 1, 4:47 PM
Nov 2019
so far one of the most boring and disappoint shows i've ever seen
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.