Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2016
Easy Revenge! Fooly Cooly reference, one of inspirations of CSM, actually there's more similarities between the two, though it will go to spoilery territory. ( ̄▽ ̄)/ Good job Aki, you finally move on from Himeno's death. Good job! Ghost for delivering Himeno's message.

I'm glad the Katana fight round 2 is longer in here in the anime. Looks like they get better compositing for the CGI like from the bat and leech devil fight. ୧(๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)૭✧ Last shot is definitely wallpaper material.

E ve song is a banger again. A fun and light song before shit hits the anime fandom again for eventual sequel. Ψ(`▽´)Ψ

What a fun ride, it was a wild cinematic adaptation, thank you staffs, good job! 。*:★(´・ω・)人(・ω・`)。:★。

The Door! and Reze!, enough reasons to look forward to season 2. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Dec 27, 2022 9:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That little tease at the end. Look forward to the next phase.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 27, 2022 9:32 AM
May 2021
Loved every ep!! Love CSM & Fujimoto-sensei!! Too much rizzz man!! & Reze at the end?! Lets fckn goo!!
Aug 2022
Damn, Time flies by quickly doesn't it?

It's good to see aki finally letting go of himeno's thoughts and enjoying his last few days of life instead of obsessing over the gun devil.

The episode was good for the last episode and the fight scene was really welly animated.

See you in a few years ✌

Feb 2021
That was kinda of a meh ending, asides from Reze in the end, there wasn't much in this final episode tbh.

The best moments from the manga only comes in later. 

I don't expect a season 2 any time soon, this show is produced solely by Mappa after all, so if they have any other projects, then this would have to wait. 
Dec 27, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2021
reze omg, reze ><
next temporada plis
Dec 27, 2022 9:36 AM
Oct 2016
A good fight to end the show on. Katana Man was a tough fight for Denji. The animation despite the wonky CG looked good. The camera work is the real star, the way the camera moves with the fight makes it really intense. Kinda corny ending it with the whole he was really cut in half and just didn't know it bit. But overall the best episodes were in this arc. Its the best one the first season could get to right now. This series for me doesn't get the high praise it gets from others. I can see merit but nothing substantial, even in the later arcs but especially early ones. The cast has a few good eggs but are mostly meh. The anime did elevate the art and made it look very pretty and polished. Which irked some people for whatever reason but it's the best part of this show. How good it looks salvaged a lot. It has some high highs and low lows which about even out to alright with help from the animation and art to increase.

70/100
Dec 27, 2022 9:37 AM
Jul 2011
It was a good episode, but the final battle wasn't so amazing as I was expecting, but the whole court was amazing, I'm exciting for the new court or season ^^
Dec 27, 2022 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
Was a good story, but the thing of the directors wanting to give a experimental film feel with some weird photography choices, threw me off and made me dislike.

The OP sequence made sense by showing that the directors had too many different ideas of framework that conflicted with each other, and made strange over the adaptation.
Dec 27, 2022 9:41 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Damn, time flies. Great season and the lovely little tease at the end got me smiling like an idiot. 

Dec 27, 2022 9:42 AM

Oct 2018
Overall, it was a little bit disappointing but it was a good season still, the post-credit scene was enough to hype for the next season or cour, whatever.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 27, 2022 9:42 AM

Feb 2022
I can't quite believe it...

This chapter was glorious and perfect to close the first season of this anime that I was waiting for its new episode every week, where do I start? already

We start the episode with Aki on the verge of death remembering his old partner Himeno when she offered him a smoke for the first time, which offers him a cigarette, a very important cigarette for Aki's story since Aki after the problems and he was able to avenge for Himeno he smokes this and his part in the episode ends here

Power in this episode was very funny like her when she was killing zombies and talking to Denji but he was already going up in the elevator without listening to her and she kept talking and kept talking

Denji and his fight with Katana-Man, it was a fight that was very good almost at the level of the manga, it was very well adapted by the Mappa studio that showed off too much with all the details and sound effects that they did in this part of the episode , and as a result Denji was the winner knowing how to better manipulate his body to put chainsaws on his legs and be able to cut Katana-Man in a moment

Aki and Denji, these two complied with the revenge of Himeno's death by making a game of crushing the eggs of the demon katana carrier, and so Aki smiling I think for the second or third time in the series, really beautiful and after this they show us key characters for a possible second season as Angel Devil

And after all this Makima is talking to someone who seems to be the president or something like that of public security about the pieces that they have of the pistol demon which together already exceed more than 5kg and with this the pistol demon is attracted and to be able to locate it and followed by this they show us the ending that is really good

And in the Post-Credits scene they show the things that moved me the most in the chapter, Denji's dream door which is something very important for the plot and a girl that I will not say her name but is too important for the possible second season

Without a doubt Chainsaw Man was my favorite anime of this year 2022 and it deserves a 10/10, congratulations to the Mappa studio for adapting a manga so well and I look forward to the second season
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 27, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
See you in the second season, Yoshida and Reze <3
Dec 27, 2022 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
They blue balled us with the finale. Would’ve liked to have seen where the gun devil is heading. Kobeni pulling up on girl with the knife and was fire lol. You def see how much stronger and smarter denji has got in terms of his fighting ability. Straight up outsmarted katana dude.
Dec 27, 2022 9:44 AM
Feb 2022
I knew they were gonna use the song ‘sweet dreams’ for that part (feels satisfied)
Dec 27, 2022 9:44 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Bro i want to see more. Can't wait. I guess i need to read the manga. Aaaaah. The katana fight was epic, haha. So we have the crazy special forge yet again with some good fighting scenes. Hyped for the next season. Why only 12 episodes tho:/ Would have guessed 24.
8/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 27, 2022 9:46 AM
Jun 2020
Good final episode, the fight with katana man was great but the swinging movements still look a tad bit goofy. Reze at the end got me hyped for what’s next
Dec 27, 2022 9:48 AM

May 2021
"imagine this show directed by Tatsuya Oishi and produced with the Kizumonogatari art style at SHAFT, and I fucking dare you to not have an orgasm." - SingleH. <-- this is so true but MAPPA has shown us why they're one of the best studios rn (if not the best) with csm. from the animation to the music/eds, this is a masterpiece. but every masterpiece has its fair share of haters and csm is no different. main cause of the hate is prob because of some {new} annoying fans or the cgi, which is understandable. hope MAPPA take their time and produce a season 2/movie with the same passion as season 1.

also, RIZZZZe is here!
Dec 27, 2022 9:48 AM
Jul 2016
It feels kinda empty, now that the series is over. Of course, MAPPA will probably be adapting the next arc in another 2-3 years from now. And the manga is still ongoing! But damn if it's kinda sad to not have another episode next week.

Well, see y'all in 2026 for Chainsaw Man Season 2!!!!

Edit: Aki's cigarette goes from "easy revenge" to just "revenge". 

Edit 2: Chapter 115 of the Chainsaw Man manga came out. Don't forget to read it, manga readers. You'll get spoiled if you go on Twitter or Tumblr. 
erikkamirsDec 27, 2022 9:54 AM
Dec 27, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2022
i like the story overall 8 or a 9 but the last fight was a bit short ngl but damn it would be great if we can see her face at the end btw best girl coming up next season
Dec 27, 2022 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
Chad Mappa teasing us with HER at the end. :D
Dec 27, 2022 9:52 AM
Dec 2022
your mother is cute
Dec 27, 2022 9:54 AM

Aug 2019
I’m so excited for the rest of this series to be animated, but also sad because that won’t come for a while
Dec 27, 2022 9:57 AM

Oct 2022
The tournament was epic even Aki joined in the action.

Quite a cliffhanger at the end of episode. Already hyped for the second season.
Dec 27, 2022 10:00 AM
Nov 2022
Holy cow, it was amazing, the animation in the metro part was so good, i didn't realize how they do the movement in the chainsaws, it's so "clean".

As for the episode, I liked seeing how Aki finally took revenge, Himeno's hand part was very fucked up but at least Aki killed the demon and freed Himeno from it.

The ending is very good, Eve as always giving good music.
Dec 27, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2019
Smooth action and the best cgi usage so far, one of the best episodes for sure.
Dec 27, 2022 10:01 AM
Jul 2015
What a blast 💕🎉
I have had so much fun watching this, and I bet s2 going to be just as amazing. - I’m not a manga reader. But I think it’s well put together, and if you don’t have the background story of everything it’s stitched in a way it’s okay to not have read the manga. (But ofc I’m going to miss a lot) - the credits and visuals was just so happy and they stick together like a family now, it’s so good to see.
Dec 27, 2022 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
Great finale for CSM and it ended right where I expected it to, with Makima reporting to the higher ups. Loved the slice of life ED visuals that lead into the post-ED scene, and YOOO they teased

It's rare to find an adaptation that's handled with so much love and care that elevates the source material and makes the anime feel like a completely new experience. Bleach and CSM were 2 examples of such adaptations, and it was amazing to experience both of them on back to back days for the last 12 weeks. The direction, the storyboarding, the additional scenes that added that extra little something to the show, the visuals, the OST and new EDs every week, it was all great. Also, the CGI wasn't that bad, definitely not as bad as the drama queens make it out to be (mfs acting like this was Ex-Arm but CGI wasn't even overly present, was here and there every once in a while, and looked fine when it was used).

Anyway, a great first season is in the books for CSM, and I can't wait for the inevitable 2nd season down the road. And to the hate watchers that continued to watch just to complain and nitpick every little thing when you could have dropped this at any time, I look forward to posting in the season 2 forums with y'all lol.

Goodbye for now to Chainsaw Man Chewsdays.
thebrentinator24Dec 27, 2022 10:21 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2022 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
Ooh boy that last scene...

Jul 2022
THEY SHOWED REZE OMG

that was a good episode, and their CGI really got better compared with episode 1, can’t wait for season 2 (or a movie, whatever)

Mar 2011
That was a lackluster final episode, nothing was spectacular for the whole 12 episodes and the hype was to the moon.
All that hype was for nothing, it is MAPPA's fault for chosing newbie director for the anime.
Easy pass for S2.
Dec 27, 2022 10:09 AM
Dec 2022
One of the best season finales with the fights and visuals being spectacular.
Dec 27, 2022 10:10 AM
Jul 2016
Decent conclusion for the arc. I'd still say it was an awesome adaptation of the manga with how it turned out. from what I just heard at the end of the episode, Yuuki Aoi might be voicing Reze and I'm all for it!
Dec 27, 2022 10:11 AM

Sep 2021
OP_Rider said:
So finally the last Ep ended with a great fight. Liked the whole season. Hope to see the next season soon.

But then Again read the manga guys. As I can't imagine them animating every single details. They did skip some parts of the manga in this as well.

they're not a couple bro wtf💀
Dec 27, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2021
I think it was the best episode of this season and I can't wait for season two! Hehehhahah
Dec 27, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2018
Part 1 is finally over. This was... an interesting show. I never read the manga and didn't get many spoilers (except the most obvious one and a few others) so I was able to enjoy this as an anime only. Katana Man vs Chainsaw Man was epic. I liked how Aki and Denji kicked his balls. It's a bit anti-climactic that Sawatari died. I hope she's brought back by whatever bullshit the writer could come up with but it's probably unlikely. 

Part 2 will probably start with the hunt down of Gun Devil. Looking forward to it. 
Dec 27, 2022 10:14 AM
Oct 2022
The truth is my favorite episode so far without a doubt the emotion won me at all times but above all the sequence of the train and the fluidity in the battle was incredible 10/10
Dec 27, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 2019
Yes finally! I can't wait for season two, and I hope I'm not the only one confused about the Pochita dream door

PS Hulu betrayed me, it was 40 minutes late
Dec 27, 2022 10:18 AM

May 2018
Great ending. rip Katana man's balls

8/10
Dec 27, 2022 10:18 AM

Sep 2018
Z24hourgamer said:
Yes finally! I can't wait for season two, and I hope I'm not the only one confused about the Pochita dream door

PS Hulu betrayed me, it was 40 minutes late
Don't worry, you should be confused about it for now. It'll be a while.
Dec 27, 2022 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
Last episode!!

Denji finally cut him in half

The door again??

Have a happy new year Everyone

Now we’ll wait patiently for the next season.
Dec 27, 2022 10:22 AM
Nov 2022
tbh i don't care if people think CSM is overrated or overhyped. it was my first manga and holds a very special place in my heart.

now, regarding this episode, it was fucking lit. MAPPA nailed that train scene. the CGI, action, dialogues, everything was perfect. also, that himeno scene made me cry man. that shit still hurts 💔

overall, great finale!

i rate it 9/10
Dec 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Dec 2020
First season of CSM has come to an end. It was a very good adaptation, I loved the realistic movements of the characters, the gore, the animation and the lore of CSM.

Katana man vs Denji went hard in this ep and at end Denji defeated him by using 100% of his brain. KINTAMA DEVIL STRIKES AGAIN. Background score in this ep was by far the best. I am glad every character did something in this ep. That beheading scene was brutal. Overall a 5/5 ep and a 8/10 first season.
HeadpattsDec 27, 2022 10:27 AM
Dec 27, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2021
OP_Rider said:
So finally the last Ep ended with a great fight. Liked the whole season. Hope to see the next season soon.

But then Again read the manga guys. As I can't imagine them animating every single details. They did skip some parts of the manga in this as well.

don't tell me 77+33 isn't 100 😭😭
Dec 27, 2022 10:28 AM
Aug 2022
It seems that the fight between katana man and Denji, was the best out of all of the fights on the anime. The aesthetic of the characters, the moving scenery, all culminated here and it shows. Probably one of the best episodes of csm.
Dec 27, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2022
it was perfect the last fight scene was fucking awesome and honestly when i started the show i was scared id be disappointed after reading the manga first but i really wasn't i loved this and i really hope it gets a second season
Dec 27, 2022 10:30 AM

Sep 2015
I'm berry pleased with this adaptation. Aki smoking outside reminds me of New Year's Eve. Nice teaser at the end, looking forward to a second season.

Kobeni bonus xDD :(((
can dis sig fit
Dec 27, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2020
Hard to believe Chainsaw Man is already over, felt like just a month ago when the trailers were coming out and the hype was through the roof for the first episode. Now that all is said and done, how was the most anticipated first season of an anime ever? It was really good, not a 10/10 masterpiece but it's not fair to judge a series based solely on hype alone. As far as first seasons go, it did a solid job of setting up the characters and world, along with building to a decent climax and cliffhanger, what with Denji's dream and whoever that girl was. The thing that stuck out the most was of course the presentation, while it's debatable whether or not a more stylized/rough art style and tone would've fit this story more, no can deny the hard work on screen. Everything from the direction to the cinematography to the sound design and character movement, it all felt so meticulously crafted with wonderful ambience.

I also appreciate how grounded and mature this show could be, it's technically a shounen but it borders on the edge along the likes of AOT. There's no wacky, tone destroying humor, characters are actually in danger of dying, certain topics are delved into that you'd never find in something like Demon Slayer or MHA. Basically it's a breath of fresh air and has an edge to it that keeps you on your toes. If there were any issues I had, it'd strangely enough be with the action. Don't get me wrong, the animation (CGI included) is consistently impeccable, but for some reason the action never impressed me in the same way as other series. With JJK, there were many fight scenes that got me seriously pumped up. Perhaps the more somber tone meant this sort of energy would never be possible here, but I'm leaning more towards the director's dedication to realism sort of coming back to harm the show. It's ambitious and respectable, but this choice doesn't seem to take advantage of the world of animation as much and results in action sequences that aren't as fun as they could be.

But overall, very solid show that leaves me interested in what's next. Hopefully it's not too far away, but then again MAPPA set an insanely high bar of quality with this first season and need the proper time to meet or surpass it for round two.
Are ya winning, diners?
Dec 27, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2022
Can't wait for the next season
Dec 27, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 2017
Middest final ep ever imo
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.