Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2022 3:24 PM
Nov 2014
Can't wait for the rest of the arcs!!!! This season was just an appetizer. 
Dec 27, 2022 3:35 PM

Jan 2010
good show, way overhyped but I enjoyed it.

8/10
Dec 27, 2022 3:46 PM
Jul 2019
great conclusion to the start of a goated series
Dec 27, 2022 3:51 PM

Dec 2022
literally a perfect fudgin cliffhanger at the end so it's a massive W for me.

Dec 27, 2022 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
Aki was without fear and the devil that saw using fear was effectively blind again. The bitch that made the deal with the gun devil was in utter disbelief.
Kishibe's lessons to Power and Denji paid off as Denji used the art of deception to split mr katana here in two.
Denji, a man with simple desires and simple idea of retribution, let's Aki join in on crotch kicking the humiliated katana man as payback for Himeno until the police come.
The Gun devil can't let the human it made a contract with spill any info, off with her head.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 27, 2022 3:55 PM

Dec 2019
aw I remember laughing my ass off at the original panels of their contest, was seriously looking forward to this scene, MAPPA didn't have to do such a half-assed overly serious adaptation of that moment but whatever we did at least witness the adaptation
Dec 27, 2022 3:57 PM
Oct 2021
Peak episode!!! This is what i want. A good directing, good visual, good ost.
10/10 for this eps
9/10 for the whole s1
This eps easily made csm my best anime of this season
Thank you Mappa GOAT ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
Cant wait for s2 and best girl Reze โค๏ธ
KyuuzielDec 27, 2022 4:03 PM
Dec 27, 2022 4:11 PM
Oct 2020
GOOD! but underwhelming, excited to see whats next
Dec 27, 2022 4:11 PM
Nov 2022
One of the best anime I've ever watched. So glad I decided to follow the hit trends again. I've already ordered a whole bunch of the manga volumes, my first ever one in fact.
Great characters, voice acting, animation, OP & ED's, CGI, colours and brutality. Perfect all the way through. Can't wait to read further!
Dec 27, 2022 4:20 PM
Jul 2022
Although the katana devil vs chainsaw devil felt clichéd, the aftermath made up for it. The combination of Aki's grief of Himeno's death and Denji's naïve idea of revenge creates a perfect payback: a ball-kicking tournament. 
I think that kind of payback is one Himeno would approve of.

Oddly enough, it feels like the past couple of episodes have had Aki as the focus of the show. I don't hate this, I find Aki to be an intriguing character, but isn't Denji the protagonist? lol

blue_pastelDec 27, 2022 4:29 PM
Dec 27, 2022 4:23 PM
May 2021
it was awsome!! right from the start
Dec 27, 2022 4:25 PM
Mar 2021
Brilliant, every episode feels like a movie.
Dec 27, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2021
I enjoyed CSM and honestly, they gave us the complete package in this last episode:

Denji and Aki finally have some family bonding time.

Power fight scene.

An insane fighting scene on a train, I thought I was watching Spiderman.

Makima looking fucking sick with that close-up.

And the Reze debut at the end, mwah, perfection!

They literally gave light to every character in this final episode in the most badass way possible, really hyped for what comes next!

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Dec 27, 2022 4:34 PM
Feb 2021
cool episode bro!
Dec 27, 2022 4:37 PM
Apr 2020
Cool, The fight in the train was like "Where they are f*king going stop?" I really apreciate this.
I really gonna be happy if the 2ds part come early. REAL NICE ANIME!
Dec 27, 2022 4:42 PM

Apr 2022
definitely lived up to the hype, masterpiece of an adaptation. thank you mappa for the cinematic feel and 12 EDs. the realism of this show, the details and atmosphere was perfect. kick back also such a banger.

they teased my girl reze, which basically confirms a season 2. looking forward to it and can't wait. the manga was done justice.
Dec 27, 2022 4:42 PM
Jul 2017
that cgi walk up the blind devil was AWFUL. berserk 2016 PTSD lol

also, why did this devil have the last cigarette? also, why is the cigarette so important. I don't understand why it's emphasized as if it was a major motif in their friendship. its awful writing. how did the devil even have the cigarette with the writing???? Then we also have the random "this devil is blind and uses fear to see!" okay if everyone knew that then calm down so it can't see. just trite writing

power talking in a weird regal 3rd person isn't an adorable personality quirk, it's aggravating

that was one of the worst talk to jutsu. how did katana not see his ZOMBIE grandpa and think denji is lying. Also, how does he have a conscience when all he's doing is murdering innocent people.

the katana v chainsaw fight was awful lol. bad choreography, bad animation, awful fight with no stakes

wow denji's offscreen training helped him improve! thanks for giving us dialogue diarrhea to explain it.

the episode concludes with a nut kick contest and we don't even get to see that??

i feel like makima had the woman with the gun devil killed rather than a suicide. they are hyping up how important denji's heart is because makima is also avoiding it (foreshadowing).

Now we are introduced to denji not opening the door, I wonder why to pet his chainsaw? and new person intro at the end of the season is meh
Dec 27, 2022 4:45 PM
Aug 2021
just as i thought they introduced us with Reze
Dec 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Oct 2014
OMG, that ending with Denji, Aki and Power having a fun time was so wholesome!
Dec 27, 2022 4:49 PM
Nov 2022
The train fight for a moment looked like:
Monty Python and the holly grail, black knight scene
๐Ÿ˜‚
Dec 27, 2022 4:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well that's not the best end but definitely leave a good feeling when Aki just smoke it out, especially after hearing Eve on the ed. Not to mention they just give Himeno a good requiem thanks to Katana dude balls. Idk what the heck Pochita saying there though? Why Denji can't open the door when every possibility he dreamt out of it? Let answer the question on the next season, if any...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 27, 2022 4:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The beginning scene of the Ghost Devil helping Aki paired with those flashbacks of Himeno was probably my favorite bit of the episode, you could say Himeno’s magic worked on me lol. Also Kobeni coming in clutch to subdue Sawatari was nice lol, and I’m surprised she ended up dying this quick, I was thinking her and Katana man were gonna be main villains but looks like Sawatari is already out for the count. And the Katana fight this time was pretty sweet, I wasn’t very impressed by it due to the amount of CGI used but it was still a very good fight and a great revenge match for Denji, he even used something he was taught by Kishibe earlier this season which was a nice callback.

And then Katana getting kicked in the balls in honor of Himeno was a great finale for the fight lol. The after credits scene was good too, and from everything I’ve heard that was Reze we saw at the end, I was looking forward to seeing her but looks like I’ll have to wait for a 2nd season or hit the manga, which I’m considering lol. And the final ED by Eve really slapped, loved the chill visuals too, it was not my favorite ED this season tho.

And that was the Chainsaw Man anime, it may have been overhyped but I really liked it. I didn’t just find a Mappa master-craft, I also found a fantastic series. I may have to pick up the manga at some point because I’m not sure if want to wait as long as I’m thinking we’re gonna have to for another season lol, that just goes to show how much I enjoyed this too. And the idea for a new ED every episode was genius, it was a highlight reel of amazing visuals and banger songs, as much as I like having a consistent ED it really added another level of excitement for each episode, I was almost more hyped to hear each ED than the episodes themselves sometimes lol. It really is hard to pick a favorite but I think I have to go with ED2 and ED7. And I gotta say my best girl is Kobeni, she was my most anticipated and became my favorite, but you could say any girl in this show was your favorite and I’d understand lol. And here’s to hoping Season 2 doesn’t take too long to come around.
Dec 27, 2022 4:56 PM
Jun 2021
Chainsaw Man has literally introduced a new protagonist formula in the genre, Since the beginning of very first episode this was visible that it's going to one hell of a crazy ride & CSM didn't disappointed us in that part

The season did a really good job introducing us some really interesting characters especially the major caste, each of them felt like protagonist in their own way

Well I would be lying if I admit that I was always excited before the release of a new episode, however it still couldn't surpass my expectations (barely touched it) but that's okay probably because it is just the first season & it was definitely a strong first season

Mappa nailed it except some parts in animation (the movement of the train in that last episode felt a bit unnatural)

7/10 for this season

There was really nothing too much wrong but probably this is because it was just the beginning that it felt that it was quite slow sometimes
Dec 27, 2022 4:57 PM
May 2020
animation felt worse than usual
Dec 27, 2022 4:58 PM
Jun 2022
I’m never paying attention to fandoms again after I was roped into wasting my time watching 12 episodes of one of the worst animes I’ve seen in years
Dec 27, 2022 5:04 PM
Aug 2016
veeeeery niiiice
Dec 27, 2022 5:04 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Amazing, simply amazing! Direction was so cinematographic the whole time. Not to mention the top notch soundtrack. Story and concept wise it's already solid, but I guess it will improve when things will get more complex. Characters are unique, I loved their interactions and dialogues. Hype deserved, 9/10, hoping even better stuff has yet to come.
Dec 27, 2022 5:05 PM

Sep 2016
typical adaptation of a low-tier shonen.
not even mid tbh sheesh.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 27, 2022 5:14 PM
Jun 2022
COME ON SEASON 2!

VENHA SEGUNDA TEMPORADA!!!
Dec 27, 2022 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
Show looked good and that's it and while the animation was nice I didn't feel anything while watching these fights. Won't watch S2 when it rolls out, I skimmed through the manga and it's more or less the same, so not for me.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 27, 2022 5:33 PM
Sep 2022
simply the end of peak,nothing more to say,thanks mappa
Dec 27, 2022 5:37 PM
Oct 2021
Kickin' Nut Opera presents,
"Squealing 2nd Crescendo"
preformed and written by Denji feat. Aki
Dec 27, 2022 5:38 PM
Nov 2022
well,everything that is good has to end,it was nice to see reze
Dec 27, 2022 5:39 PM
Jul 2022
I can already hear people whining about the CG. Yeah, we get it, you've been conditioned to point out CG when you see it, but if a few scenes of well-integrated CG are your grounds for judging the entire experience and disregarding hours of beautiful animation, you're not doing much for your credibility.
Dec 27, 2022 5:49 PM

Dec 2016
That train fight scene was sooooo Spider-Man 2.

Overall a great watch, 2nd best of the so-called "new gen" shounen after Black Clover.
Dec 27, 2022 5:50 PM
Nov 2022
con el pasar de los capitulos se a puesto muy aburrido
Dec 27, 2022 5:50 PM
Jan 2020
Excelente adaptação
Dec 27, 2022 5:52 PM

Jun 2021
Wooo! Reze at the end too?

Dec 27, 2022 5:53 PM
Dec 2018
Cant wait for more.
Dec 27, 2022 5:55 PM

Mar 2021
Katana Man vs Denji fight looked goddamn amazing. The dynamic camera shots were great and so were the animations, from the roof to the train, with the rare janky CGI shot.

Still mad that we only got 12 eps, it's not enough to show off what CSM is really praised for

But still

What an amazing adaptation by Mappa.

Considering that this is the "least-amazing" part of CSM... We ate good.

The direction is STELLAR and as cinematic as it needed to be.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR FUTURE SEASONS, BECAUSE FROM THIS MOMENT CHAINSAWMAN GOES FULL THROTTLE.

Dec 27, 2022 5:59 PM
Jul 2019
KATANA MAN DEFEATED HAHA AIN'T NO WAY HE'S HAVING KIDS NOW! it's a shame we didn't get the theater hopping scene with Makima and Denji because that is the most relatable thing I've seen in an anime, can't wait for season 2 I hope they get all the time they need to make it just as good as this season but until then it's time to hang the suit and tie.
Dec 27, 2022 6:03 PM

Feb 2018
Well, this is the end.
My most anticipated seasonal.
I would say that it did not disappoint.
Now we've got to wait ages for another one.
I would say as far as finale's go this one was definitely action packed.
Comparing this to how it was presented in the manga however, I think I surprisingly preferred how it was done in the manga over the anime adaptation (not trying to be that guy or anything).
I think the way that they showed some of the moves with the Katana man didn't really translate too well into an animated world.
Like how he just moves insanely fast to deal the damage, and you can't see him moving.
When this was shown in the manga i just preferred it more.
That would be my main gripe with the episode, apart from that I really enjoyed it.
The fact that they managed to pull off this adaptation as well as they have, it definitely gives me more confidence going into the future seasons (whenever it arrives).
Dec 27, 2022 6:11 PM
Sep 2015
Mappa has knocked it out of the park, for this episode and the entire season! You can really tell that this was a passion project for every single person involved with this. As far as I'm concerned, they have set the gold standard when it comes to creating a high quality anime adaptation. Bravo! I am looking forward to the next season already. I really hope they continue to do a single ED for each episode, I absolutely love it.

That ending, I absolutely lost it over a tiny teaser of Reze
Dec 27, 2022 6:13 PM
Dec 2022
my favorite slice of life show!
Dec 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2022
top ten show I ever watched
Dec 27, 2022 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Love me some good ol' train fight: From Russia With Love, Spider-Man 2, Batman Animated series and now here in Chainsaw Man as well. ๐Ÿง

It's been a blast so far, looking forward to the next material! 
Dec 27, 2022 6:36 PM
Jan 2019
Samto said:
I’m never paying attention to fandoms again after I was roped into wasting my time watching 12 episodes of one of the worst animes I’ve seen in years

I too watch hours and hours of things that I apparently don't like just to cry about it on the internet. /s
Dec 27, 2022 6:49 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great last ep. Denji can sprout chainsaws out of his legs now, how cool! Super keen for next season. Time to finally fight this Gun Devil!! And is that a new waifu I detect at the end?? XD

I reckon that Denji's dream is similar to Naruto's seal with Kurama. Like if he opens that door he'll go full devil. I'm sure eventually he'll be able to control that power tho.
Dec 27, 2022 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
i'll just leave it as im a manga snob for once and this was alright, best part was  how many themes they did for EDs

Mappa really overshot their attempt at this even if it wasn't totally how i pictured this would be i respect what they did and new fans clearly enjoy it, but people  sure as fuck overhyped this to the moon 
Dec 27, 2022 6:52 PM
Dec 2022
very gud...........
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.