Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
Misha died too

killing is sometimes a necessary evil for the greater good Amiya sad that she is down but she must know she cannot save or protect everyone

i would given this a higher score if it has a lot of sakuga action but sadly for a suppose action show its lacking badly on that factor
degDec 16, 2022 10:41 AM
Dec 16, 2022 10:39 AM
Jan 2021
My heart hurts
although misha is a fool,
she is just an ordinary person, who is only dragged into lungmen, reunion, rhodes island, she has no fighting ability at all.
Dec 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2011
I guess is a miracle that Amiya didn't killed anyone, until last episode.

Misha overestimated the good in someone that called himself Skullshatterer.

Well, now wait the next season. Even if my snow stage trauma may kick in.
BlichoBoyDec 16, 2022 10:56 AM
Dec 16, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2021
Misha is on a call and she's asking Amiya why she killed her brother. Quick, Amiya. Tell her he was gonna blow himself up and kill everyone. Or...don't do that. Even though Misha would probably then say that lethal force wasn't necessary to stop him, whether that's true or not. I could see her believing that. Amiya should still tell her what he was about to do.

"It's not like you to hesitate, little bunny." -Franka. Lmao have you seen her in episode 1?

Other than that, a good episode. This whole arc is Amiya's first step in becoming a more mature leader. I know some might question why she's the leader in the first place. That will be answered eventually.

See ya'll in 2023 for season 2.
Dec 16, 2022 11:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Misha fulfilled her role!!!

Regulars series in general!!!

4/10 kekeke
Dec 16, 2022 11:07 AM

Dec 2018
that was devastating, but i still would like to know where this is going. i am interested in doctor's development. overall i liked the show but was disappointed in some of the main progression.
Dec 16, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2022
Amazing episode ending with Misha.

can't wait to see more
Kek

Dec 16, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2021
Was anyone else disappointed that none of the Penguin Logistics girls were penguin girls? Also, since penguins make me think of a chilly environment, should Texas instead be named Alaska? This has been bothering me for a while, and the ending didn't help lead me to any conclusions.
Dec 16, 2022 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
Gsarthotegga said:
Was anyone else disappointed that none of the Penguin Logistics girls were penguin girls? Also, since penguins make me think of a chilly environment, should Texas instead be named Alaska? This has been bothering me for a while, and the ending didn't help lead me to any conclusions.

Their leader is a penguin named Emperor. He's a rapper, and he wields a gun.

Yes, this is real. Google it if you're curious.
ShinodaChan

Fiction Writer & Content Creator

To follow me and my projects, join my Discord here: https://discord.gg/KS3uvudRpq
Dec 16, 2022 11:33 AM

Dec 2021
ShinodaChan said:
Gsarthotegga said:

LMAO I really wasn't expecting that.
Dec 16, 2022 11:46 AM
Dec 2014
Gsarthotegga said:
ShinodaChan said:

LMAO I really wasn't expecting that.
you can also watch short arknights anime called Holy knight light, it features Penguin logistics members as main, including their leader Emperor...
Dec 16, 2022 11:51 AM

May 2016
Is this some type of plot no jutsu where misha asks amiya "why did you kill my brother" and she didn't answer "he was trying to fucking kill us"? Which Misha literally saw with her own eyes in the last episode.

Misha died? thank god.
Dec 16, 2022 11:59 AM

Mar 2010
haha serves Misha right to be killed and I hope Amiya suffers only more and more.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2022 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Prob one of the better game adaptations honestly. Really well done, and cannot wait for more.
Dec 16, 2022 12:01 PM
Sep 2017
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
misha asks amiya "why did you kill my brother"

Is this a question about the plot of episode 8, because Misha did not even remotely hint at holding a grudge against Amiya for what transpired, rather upset at her own inaction until becoming infected herself.
Dec 16, 2022 12:10 PM

Sep 2018
And thus, Prelude to Dawn comes to an end. Banger from start to finish.

Also, to that one LGD dude who got caught by W...

THIS IS OUTRAGOUS, IT'S UNFAIR!
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME, NOT HIM!!
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Dec 16, 2022 12:26 PM

Aug 2019
Episode 4-7 Chen: We need Misha alive at all cost!
Episode 8 Chen: Nah, changed my mind. Gonna kill her even if I have the chance to just knock her out from behind lol.

They changed a small detail in the intro. Amiya has a terrified face instead of a serious one in the fight against Skullshatterer in ep 8 intro vs the other ep intros.

Dec 16, 2022 12:27 PM
Sep 2020
Rasco said:
haha serves Misha right to be killed and I hope Amiya suffers only more and more.
that is cold dude😑

Dec 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Mar 2020
I’m happy they changed up the animation for the final fight. If the show had that style consistently throughout, it would have been a lot better.
Dec 16, 2022 12:57 PM
Oct 2020
Nice they announced the second season. The prologue is finally done. Lots to look forward to.
Dec 16, 2022 1:35 PM
Feb 2020
Nice guys, we made it past the tutorial story. We know Amiya's immature despite being the leader of a "pharmaceutical" company taking arms against infected terrorists, but Ch'en took liberty in teaching her some stuff. The dialogue about the mask was really good and Ch'en was very cool (and pretty and handsome) when she pointed out Amiya indecisiveness this episode. I like where they took this story since they changed and added new story content than the video game, excited for the sequel :D
Dec 16, 2022 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
W's entry was hilarious, never fails to amuse even in-game.

The oripathy crystallization on Misha's leg looks horrifying.

That was quite a ride and Yostar Pictures somehow managed to make an underwhelming arc of the game look good. I initially thought that they may adapt Ch4/5 as next season but looks like we have Ch6 as per the teaser dropped at the end. But 8~12 ep won't cut it, hope that they focus more on char development and world building as it is important for further chapters ahead.
Dec 16, 2022 3:16 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Yaggamy said:
Episode 4-7 Chen: We need Misha alive at all cost!
Episode 8 Chen: Nah, changed my mind. Gonna kill her even if I have the chance to just knock her out from behind lol.

They changed a small detail in the intro. Amiya has a terrified face instead of a serious one in the fight against Skullshatterer in ep 8 intro vs the other ep intros.

That is a great detail. Foreshadowing one thing that everyone expected.
Dec 16, 2022 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Cool setting. Terrible series. Poor decision by whomever thought it was a good idea to make a video-game into an anime but make the anime feel like a video game.
Dec 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Sep 2010
Halofan1997 said:
I’m happy they changed up the animation for the final fight. If the show had that style consistently throughout, it would have been a lot better.

I think so as well. If only the other episodes were at the same level as the last two.

Still thing is. They couldn't. This is the adaptation and the slow beginning is like it is. The story gets insanely better after initial success of Arknights and studio hiring great writers but the start remain as it is.

So ultimately, while this anime is an enjoyable watch for Arknights players, I still wouldn't recommend it to people unfamiliar with the game. Second season will change that but before it comes out not really. At the end of the day this is 8 episodes long series. Just too short.

But in any-case, this was really great episode.
Dec 16, 2022 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
W stills amazing. W narrator also amazing. Amiya terrible donkey.

Episode ended the series pretty well. Honestly, I was expecting better sakuga as deg said, given that the director and assistant directors previous works were entirely as key animation or animation director.

Adaptation choices were pretty weird here and there and overall Ace's exit turned out confusing, W's intro butchered, and a really odd focus on the worst aspects of certain chars. Especially Amiya, I really didn't care that much while reading the first few chapters, but god was she infuriating in this adaptation. Any semblance of intelligence or decision making capability is gone and she's essentially reduced to the pacifist mc archetype. Chen drawing on Amiya was probably one of the few saving graces, if everyone just listened to Amiya's bs ideals jeopardizing the several hundred+ lives of both RI and LGD and nodded along, I might have lost all sanity.

Surprising that production is underway for Perish in Frost. Probably little to no change in staff then, though I wish there was some switch up since nobody, afaik, has had any previous writing experience, like ever and it kinda shows. That being said, the later chapters were overall better and more memorable so maybe it's fine?
Dec 16, 2022 4:35 PM
Feb 2021
Was it only me or the sound was weird & “reverberating” in this episode with Crunchyroll?
Dec 16, 2022 4:58 PM

Mar 2020
One of the better shows this season, genuinely. This final episode is more or less what I saw coming, the tragic ending that was a blast of reality for Amiya and Rhodes Island. The moral ambiguity in a world of discrimination and hatred made for quite the good watch, and as well done as this was, it's just the beginning.

A sequel being announced is quite the good news as well.
Dec 16, 2022 5:03 PM

Sep 2017
Moumoux8 said:
Was it only me or the sound was weird & “reverberating” in this episode with Crunchyroll?

No, this was a common issue according to Reddit. Something went wrong on CR's end.
ShinodaChan

Fiction Writer & Content Creator

To follow me and my projects, join my Discord here: https://discord.gg/KS3uvudRpq
Dec 16, 2022 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
Moumoux8 said:

Not just you. The audio is definitely scuffed for the last episode on CR and it's a big shame.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dec 16, 2022 5:16 PM

Apr 2022
this was fairly decent, only watched it to pass 20mins of time weekly before my classes began and it didn't feel wasted so W
Dec 16, 2022 5:23 PM

Jul 2010
Someone pointed out the focus on Amiya's eyes during the OP sequence but I want to add to that by saying at the end of EP 1, we saw the Doctor and Amiya walk into the tunnel together.

Then in the last episode, we see them walk out of one. I just thought that was very neat.

IMO, it really shows that a lot more attentions were put into the last 2 episodes and were fully produced in-house by Yostar Pictures. I personally wasn't expecting much actions out of this season. The base material was what it was and AK was never really about action... However, it got labelled with that genre so I don't blame people for coming in assuming to see flashy sakuga. lol While earlier fight scenes could have been much better, I can also understand how they didn't want to allocate too much on fights with some regular mobs.

I have a couple non-player friends that watched it and said they liked it a lot. Their only criticism was that there were too many characters and they still know very little about all of them which makes it hard to relate. That's a fair point in itself but I think each character still had their own personality bleed through the way they talk and behave. But yeah, player bias I guess.

Overall, I think this was a solid adaptation. Could it have been better? Definitely. But I'm quite happy for a small studio's first proper series. I was a big fan of the character drawings, the background/scenery, some of the composition and excellent job from the VAs. While it didn't have too many flashy actions, there were plenty of other things to enjoy. I look forward to season 2 and hopefully they will have a bigger team and budget to tackle that one.
iSupercellDec 16, 2022 5:26 PM

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dec 16, 2022 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
This was the last episode for this Story part, it's already over huh? Well 8 episodes are not much, no wonder they went by so quick.
It's not the best adaption but it's easily good enough to make me look forward for the continuation.

W low effort gaslighting poor Misha, her Death most likely could have been averted otherwise....
At least Alex and Misha's Deaths were not it vain. They helped Amiya to grow, same as other necessary Events which lie ahead for now.

It's no good that my poor little Bunny has to suffer as much though.

And that's the End of Act 0: Hour of an Awakening

They already confirmed the anime will be continued though, that's nice.
Next is
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 16, 2022 7:48 PM

Mar 2016
Definitely ain't many people's cup of tea, but this was easily one of the best things to come out from this year for me personally. Honestly, I wasn't trying to get my expectations too high with this series due to the notion of it being a gacha game adaptation and how most of those end up in the dumpster (FGO included, sorry), but this has been a pleasant surprise for me, even if it's almost completely overshadowed by the likes of the more popular titles from this season. While the middle part was admittedly a bit meandering at times due to outsourced episodes, the first two and last two episodes being produced in-house were amazing. Yostar Pictures is quite a small studio and they're still relatively new in terms of anime production, so this was quite an impressive job they did to make what was otherwise the weakest story arc from the game into a wonderful adaptation. Sure they don't have the resources like Mappa, A1, and Bones, but they seem quite dedicated to what seems like quite a long-term project to come. Helps to know that we got the immediate confirmation for s2 at least in terms of it being greenlighted, and hopefully it won't take too long.
Dec 16, 2022 8:03 PM
Apr 2015
Gsarthotegga said:

one of there members is penguin...but I doubt we'll ever see them in the anime since Penguin Logisitics is exclusively side story stuff from now on
Dec 16, 2022 8:11 PM
Apr 2015
here are some questions as a og game watcher(with a bad memory?):

1. In the game didn't no one know that Skullshatterer was actually Misha until the battle was over and they had killed her already? also didn't Ch'en feel guilty because her objective was specifically to bring Misha in alive only?

2. W wasn't in this arc at all was she? could've sworn she has her intro in ep2 and that was it until after the Frostnova arc

3. why is this portrayed as the first time Amiya had killed? I don't think it's necessarily contradicted in the game but she certainly didn't act like it was her first kill. In the game she seemed said that it was unavoidable, wants to not have it happen in the future, but realizes sometimes it can't be helped, I thought.

4. Penguin logistics didn't stick around this far right? they left after the events of last episode in the game right?
Dec 16, 2022 8:50 PM
Jun 2022
Animorphimagi said:
Gsarthotegga said:

one of there members is penguin...but I doubt we'll ever see them in the anime since Penguin Logisitics is exclusively side story stuff from now on

Code of Brawl movie adaptation might be nice lol, though I'm still hoping for them to adapt those side events with more interesting plots eg. who is real, invitation to wine, break the ice

Animated originium dust is most likely not possible (copyright issues with ubisoft)
Dec 16, 2022 10:53 PM

Nov 2010
Animorphimagi said:
here are some questions as a og game watcher(with a bad memory?):

1. In the game didn't no one know that Skullshatterer was actually Misha until the battle was over and they had killed her already? also didn't Ch'en feel guilty because her objective was specifically to bring Misha in alive only?

2. W wasn't in this arc at all was she? could've sworn she has her intro in ep2 and that was it until after the Frostnova arc

3. why is this portrayed as the first time Amiya had killed? I don't think it's necessarily contradicted in the game but she certainly didn't act like it was her first kill. In the game she seemed said that it was unavoidable, wants to not have it happen in the future, but realizes sometimes it can't be helped, I thought.

4. Penguin logistics didn't stick around this far right? they left after the events of last episode in the game right?

1. Nobody 'knew', but they might have guessed it from conjecture (in the game and anime).
2. W did basically the same stuff she did in the game, so no, she was in the game too.
3. It never said it was the first time she killed, but she usually avoids killing, so it might have been, or it is just a rare occurrence, in both cases shock is to be expected.
4. Penguin Logistic left and joined up again multiple times in the game, the way the anime handled just made a bit more sense.
Dec 17, 2022 1:31 AM

Dec 2021
I enjoyed this show for the first 6 episodes but this ending fucking sucked. It certainly hasn't made me want to play the game. I know it's far from the end of the story but this just felt pointless. They went through that whole fight for literally nothing. The person they were supposed to find and protect turns against them and gets fucking killed. I lost interest in it as soon as Misha started believing Skullshatterer last episode tbh (as a side note why did they not just use Skullshredder like in the JP?). I get that she didn't deny what he was saying because she felt guilty about her inaction when he was taken away as a kid but it just felt stupid. I said it before but she should have tried harder to convince him Rhodes Island were good people - I can't think of a reason why she wouldn't think so at the time. Also, I find it hard to believe Rhodes Island weren't killing the reunion soldiers before because it damn well looked like they were. Amiya has been sniping them from the rooftops for ages and you're only telling me now that they weren't dying that whole time?

I'll probably still give season 2 a try, I gather from other comments that this was only the tutorial story, but I don't have very high hopes.
Dec 17, 2022 6:07 AM

Oct 2016
I think this was a really solid introduction to the series, for me personally, as someone who wasn't played the game and someone who has no plans to play the game anytime soon.

Such is war, trying to avoid killing in war is realistically extremely difficult, it goes against her ideals, but even Amiya accepts that it's unavoidable sometimes. Being Amiya is nothing but crippling pain. Rest in peace Misha and Skullshatterer, they were simply victims of an unfair world. Don't know about W's circumstances so far though, she do be gaslighting and then there's Mephisto, who just seems like a dick lmao.

Honestly, I ended up really being a fan of Ch'en, she's neat.

I heard this first arc is pretty much the weakest of the series, so I am really looking forward to Perish in Frost and further arcs. 7.5/10

One thing I really love about the show though, is how consistently pretty the visuals are.
Dec 17, 2022 6:54 AM

Apr 2016
This was unbearable arc for me, glad this arc was over. W is so cute man, I want to hug her.

Super excited for next season can't wait to see our Amiya alter.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Dec 17, 2022 7:02 AM
Nov 2022
ngl how misha died was a bit anticlimactic. especially with how much trouble she caused me in game when I started haha
Dec 17, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
Well that was an ending. I keep thinking things could've gone better had everyone known how to convey anything. But then I remember Amiya is only 14 years old. They change the opening for this last episode. Kinda cool ngl, I always love these.

All in all a good anime. As someone who doesn't play the game, the anime explains everything quite well. Even I can follow the story.

I'll give this a 7/10 as a whole. Anime is too quiet.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 17, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
Gsarthotegga said:
Texas Codename here refers to the Extinct Texas Wolf or Canis Lupus Monstrabilis, because She's a Lupo originally from Columbia (which is Terra's counterpart of United States). And also because it's her own Surname which was revealed in one the newest Arknights CN Side Story Event. And sadly, This is the last time you'll see Penguin Logistics appears in Main Story so you wont get any lead about them if you only read the Main Story.

As for the Penguin you mentioned. Its leader is an Actual Penguin that could talk and rap named 'Emperor'. And might be the coolest character in Arknights for me, no pun intended. Also 'Holy Knight Light' OVA featured him alongside Texas and Exusiai as Main Characters btw.

--------

As for the Episode, I might be a bit biased on this one because of how good the adaptation is comparing to the actual game story imo... But I'll give it 5/5 for this episode alone. My disappointment is just that because of PRC Censorship, they cant really show blood and murders much for the whole season cuz when Ch'en stabbed Misha, It's quite bloody in the game from what i remembered.

But still, cant wait for Season 2. Where the title is already a spoiler.
Rio-Dec 17, 2022 9:10 AM
Dec 17, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2020
its pretty good, actually this is the first anime I liked that is based on a game. the other anime I watched based on game was kings raid but kinda meh to me
BlackzyngaDec 17, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 17, 2022 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
Okay anime. Great soundtrack. Might actually try the game at some point so I guess it did it's job.
Dec 17, 2022 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
solid first test run for the weakest part of arknights glad we got a season 2 confirmed right off the bat was always worried how the pacing would be due to the sheer amount of info dumping would be needed
they did good sadly the middle parts of this arc which could've been saved by some good action were weaken but these last 2 were really good 8/10 those 7/10 for prelude to dawn

Flanka and Apple Pie were some serious vibe boosters so this anime did it's job by giving me great Voice acting to characters i love and next to princess connect and a few others (fgo ,uma ROB) i think this is one of the few actual good gacha adaptations
Dec 17, 2022 7:20 PM

May 2018
Most boring and weakest story part of Arknights is finally over. It still far in the future but they better play this song during the final fight.
Dec 17, 2022 8:39 PM
Jun 2020
Hyped to see the rest of Amiya's character arc
Wow look at that forums are kinda cool uwu

Dec 18, 2022 12:28 AM

May 2015
meh anime. not recommend
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.