Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2022 12:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
While this didn’t feel much like a final episode (I guess because it isn’t lol) I really enjoyed this finale for the first half, the mix of having fun at the aquarium and Loid trying to pull off a mission at the same time was great, the whole family even got invoked, I really loved that. Anya playing with her plushies at the end was so cute and hilarious, I especially loved the aftermath of Loid and Yor playing with Anya to cheer her up, that was definitely a very family oriented way to end the episode.

After going into this only knowing about the popularity of the manga, I can safely say I get it now, this was awesome. Such a good concept and manga that was masterfully adapted by two amazing anime studios, this was the definition of quality. Each member of the family is great for their respective bits, but when they come together it’s even better, I really loved the mix of wholesome, comedy and action we got here and I can’t wait to see more in the 2nd half. And I’ll say, the OP and ED took a bit to grow on me but I can easily say they slap now and fit the show very well, I hope the 2nd half can match those two. I guess this is the end for now, I can’t wait to see more of this in Fall if it doesn’t get pushed back!
Jun 25, 2022 12:19 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime! Topological quantum field theory.
Jun 25, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
What a horrible dumb idiotic pointless way to end this season. This essentially a filler episode where they go to the world's worst aquarium solely to harass some penguins in between recapping the premise of the show. As usual, both Yor and Lloyd did exactly one thing, one token overture towards the premise, and the rest was spent 'comically' being flustered at penguins and/or making faces. You thought all that stuff about a dog was the start of some arc? Pfft. That's for next season. Did a production snafu force them to air things out of order or something? Or was this episode just so wafer thin that they thought doing recap to end the season would be a nice wrapup?
Jun 25, 2022 12:34 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a lovely episode to end what has probably been the best anime from this season (that I've watched).

From the wholesome misunderstindings to the second role of each of the main ones, it had both thrills and exciting moments, not coming from Anya even. I mean, her reactions were hilarious but let's not forget how animated the action scenes from here pretended parents were. Good job Cloverworks, WIT and the other outsourced studios on that regard.

Music wise I prefer Kongming to be honest but the bass based tunes in this one were strong. There was also that action scene in episode 5 with the song from (K)NoW_NAME (the one with the ballons in the castle) that was also very well choreographed. Do yourselves a favour and check it out again on YouTube.

Lastly, I don't have much to say in terms of the premise. A certainly well established one that revolves around world peace in the hands of a psychic girl going to school. What could possibly go wrong. I think though that it didn't progress that much so I'll patiently wait until October until it resumes.

I feel like I'm missing something...

...oh yeah, this show is EREGANTO
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 25, 2022 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
I need more, give me more goddammit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 25, 2022 1:17 PM
Oct 2021
really happy with this Anime, wholesome.

10/10 for the anime

See you guys in Part 2.
Jun 25, 2022 1:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't know why but the penguins were so cute xD well that's was a perfect time to save earth and have fun with your family.
Also that part with Yor and Loid playing with Anya in the street LMAO.
Great anime overall, one of the best I've seen as a seasonal for sure, I can't wait for the next cour. 9.5/10
Jun 25, 2022 1:32 PM
Mar 2020
Lacking of ending, kind of... on the other hand, that's a decent "To Be Continued".
Jun 25, 2022 1:39 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that the agency where Loyd works is giving him many missions and for lack of being with his fake family they are suspicious so they decide to go to the aquarium
Jun 25, 2022 1:45 PM

Oct 2016
Along with Ao Ashi, this has been my favorite anime from this season.
I'm looking forward to the second part later this year.
Jun 25, 2022 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
Nurguburu said:
This anime adaptation has something others don't have....expansion, passion and love. I'm glad I watched this anime. We need more anime adaptations like Spy X Family. Wholesome!

9/10 for the anime.

Calm down buddy stop being a fanboy
Jun 25, 2022 2:08 PM
Sep 2018
Well, this episode really ended on focusing on a wholesome note.
Never have been disappointed watching every Episode on this, it really brings out the happiness inside you.

Anya is really smart to find some ways to help her Family to save the future of the Country and for her peanuts.
Loid really loves his family even without saying it in the Anime. Just actions speaks better than words.
Yor is just, "Wow".

Let's expect the next season of this to be better!!!
Lessssgoooooo!!!!
Jun 25, 2022 2:08 PM
Sep 2018
Well, this episode really ended on focusing on a wholesome note.
Never have been disappointed watching every Episode on this, it really brings out the happiness inside you.

Anya is really smart to find some ways to help her Family to save the future of the Country and for her peanuts.
Loid really loves his family even without saying it in the Anime. Just actions speaks better than words.
Yor is just, "Wow".

Let's expect the next season of this to be better!!!
Lessssgoooooo!!!!
Jun 25, 2022 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
Unfortunately the last episode. I will misss this anime. I was always looking forward to this anime. It made me laugh several times. Wit Studio really did an amazing job again. I hope there is a season 2.
Jun 25, 2022 2:17 PM

Sep 2020
At first I thought the whole thing was gonna be a recap, that definitely was a hasty assumption though.

I don't get why some people are upset and think that this episode was "pointless". The series was pretty episodic anyways and it established the lack of available hands in the agency. IT WAS PACKED WITH LORE IN EVERY SECOND!!! partially packed with recap lore that we've already seen but PACKED WITH LORE REGARDLESS!!!
Jun 25, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2016
Anya is so kawaii, and I like the growing chemistry between all the family members, Yor in particular is so sweet and caring, like a real mother.
Loid needs an holiday tho, he's working too much... XD
Great first part of the series.
Jun 25, 2022 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
Satisfying ending without BS cliffhangers. Now the wait for part 2 begins!
Jun 25, 2022 2:33 PM
Aug 2020
ANIA IS SO ADORABLE I CANT 😭
Jun 25, 2022 2:34 PM

Sep 2020
Really funny and cute episode! Though I was expecting a small conclusion of the first part.
Also I want that penguin plushie~
Jun 25, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
It's been a while since I've given a 10/10....
Jun 25, 2022 2:42 PM

Jan 2016
Oof a simple but very scary situation for Loid when Anya was about to enter their bedroom xD

A really good start for this anime, I'll be looking forward to Part 2.
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 25, 2022 2:52 PM

Dec 2019
Good ride, Wit & Clover should tab themselves on the shoulder they really did top effort with this show whether you like the story or not, mappa you stay tf away from part 2 lol
Jun 25, 2022 2:54 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Episode 1: Loid×Anya
Episode 2: Loid×Yor
Episode 3: Spy×Family
Episode 4: Elegant×Family
Episode 5: DrunkYor×PrincessAnya
Episode 6: HEHxHEH
Episode 7: DamianxAnya
Episode 8: YurixSpy
Episode 9: PRESS X FOR DOUBT
Episode 10: KidxSteroids
Episode 11: StarlightxEHE
Episode 12: SPYXFAMILY

this was such a good ride
>the story,
>the characters
>the anime original content
>the pacing
>the HEH
>and just about every single thing that was in this show
> I thought the preview showed Bond the Prophet dog... really thought they would end the season with the family adopting him but oh well

Gotta wait for season 2 in fall, the worst time of the year for me....

I wanted the dog to show up this season...

I just hope I'm allright in fall to fully enjoy season 2...

Jun 25, 2022 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
Have been enjoying this series so far... but this finale episode was very underwhelming..
Was really hoping to see the dog they were hinting at last episode..

At least have the final episode end on something that makes me look forward to the rest, instead of some filler crap ;/
Jun 25, 2022 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting Madhouse to be credited as the outsource studio who worked on this episode, but they did a stellar job regardless. Going by what the other users saying that Cloverworks and Wit helped Madhouse with Sonny Boy in the past, it does make perfect sense for Madhouse to repay the favour. =)

The episode itself was cute and good fun. It didn't start a new arc by the sounds of it, but having an episode like this instead to round off the first cour makes more sense. Loid worked hard with how much he had to do at the aquarium and thanks to the efforts of Anya and Yor, the dodgy guy was captured, albeit with some missing teeth thanks to Yor's brutal kick under his chin. XD

After all of this, Loid definitely deserves a bit of a vacation, although I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon for our overworked spy. For now, I can hope that he continues doing his best on his mission while doing his best in being a good husband to Yor and a doting father to the adorable Anya.

9/10 for the first cour of Spy Family. I highly look forward to the second cour this October.
Jun 25, 2022 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
ah yes the gossipers they are family problem for sure
Jun 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
So uh, where was the dog they teased at the end of last episode? Probably shouldn't have teased that if they weren't going to introduce it this cour.
Jun 25, 2022 3:46 PM

Feb 2017
This was really neat to watch back to back on Saturday afternoons. I'm probably going to pick up the manga soon after this!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jun 25, 2022 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
It was a bid weird to do a recap / re introduction of everyone right on the final episode of the first part, more so when it is basically what they are going to do on the first episode of part 2.

It's been super lovely and wholesome so far, pretty excited about part 2 but it is going to be a long while until October.

The visuals on the ending were super cute, all of them dancing and I specially loved that final bit of them holding Anya as she flies to the land of dreams.
Jun 25, 2022 3:53 PM
Jan 2022
This half of the season has been fantastic! I looked forward to every episode as it was airing, which is not something that I feel alot.

I'm glad they put a little more spotlight on the family, Any suspicion could get Loid killed. I know hes the best agent but they're seriously overworking him ESPECIALLY when the stakes of Operation Strix are so high you would think they'd find a way to have other agents take missions whilst Loid focuses on Operation Strix.

Anya is getting bold when it comes to reading peoples mind, I love how she has the mindset that like she is a spy but even though she acts that way at the end of the day shes still a kid, but she is seriously smart. I mean pretending to be kidnapped to invoke Mama Yor's rage was smart. Still at the end of the day shes still a kid. I love all the little touches they did with the scenes, roleplaying with stuffies handing them food and then eating it. When she was doing the tour of the "base", I love how she was like "I train here everyday" meanwhile its just homework.

It all just brings me back, honestly it's nostalgic because I used to do the exact things anya did, Hell I even cried when I got caught trying to sneak around and my parents had to comfort me because I wouldn't stop crying

Honestly I had no major problems with this anime so far I enjoyed it, looked forward to every episode, would watch it as soon as it aired. This is definitely a 10/10, atleast for this part, Hopefully Part 2 lives up to Part 1
Jun 25, 2022 3:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I remember reading this one, it was a lot of fun. Anya is super cute with her giant penguin plushie. I was a little disappointed that they fluffed this last episode with a 5 minute recap though.

Last week I thought they would do the Bond arc as the final episode, because of the tease. But I then realized that it would be way too long for a single episode, so it makes sense they would go towards more of a feel good kind of episode instead. With the second season, or cour, on the horizon, that will be a great place to start the next arc.

Overall, Spy X Family is loaded with charm and heart. The characters are likable, and the plot is compelling. I fell in love with the manga quickly, and the anime did a phenomenal job adapting it. Its themes of family, belonging, and love were all very heartwarming. Anya, being the center and heart of the entire series, was terrific. Her Seiyuu really did an outstanding job. There are some ticky tacky things I could nitpick, but ultimately, the music, animation, and style were all top notch. Really looking forward to the sequel in the fall!

9/10
Jun 25, 2022 4:09 PM
Jan 2019
I find it interesting that they adapted the Extra Chapter from Volume 2, not an ideal ending but ok. Personally it should be an OVA.
Jun 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
Eh, it was okay. fun to watch, nothing awful but nothing extraordinary, either.
The only aspect i've totally loved about Spy x Family is how it features an adult -a mature adult at that, too- as a protagonist, which is rare in Shonen series. i hope more Shonen authors take notes.

7/10
Jun 25, 2022 4:38 PM

May 2015
That last 3-4 minutes was illegally adorable!

I swear Anya can kill with her cuteness. Its a deadly weapon.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2022 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
Wait I just realized this is the final episode of this season. What a boring, uneventful one.
6/10
Jun 25, 2022 4:50 PM

Aug 2019
A fittingly mediocre end to what's been an increasingly mediocre S1P1 over the past 6-7 episodes.

6/10
Jun 25, 2022 4:56 PM

Dec 2013
Drastic-Measure said:
Eh, it was okay. fun to watch, nothing awful but nothing extraordinary, either.
The only aspect i've totally loved about Spy x Family is how it features an adult -a mature adult at that, too- as a protagonist, which is rare in Shonen series. i hope more Shonen authors take notes.

7/10

Despite being a grown man it's not like Loid is particularly interesting. He's not your loudmouth simpleton like most modern shonen, but so far he's just your Mary Sue who fits the role the series has given him
Jun 25, 2022 4:57 PM
Dec 2019
I love this episode especially at the end where Loid and Yor play with Anya.
Jun 25, 2022 5:29 PM

Dec 2021
That was a nice end

Jun 25, 2022 5:42 PM

Jan 2019
A good episode, but I do unfortunately feel like the show lost it's momentum after the first half.

Those early episodes had such good action, the grenade pin used as an engagement ring being my favourite. Howeber the episodes in the second half lack that groovy spy tone, instead opting for a lot more slice-of-life episodes. They're not bad, they certainly have great moments; just not what I was expecting after such a strong start.

I would have given the first half a 10, and the second an 8, so I'm averaging it to a 9/10.

Jun 25, 2022 6:01 PM

Dec 2020
Ngl, the ending of Spy x Family Part 1 was slightly disappointing. I had no memory of this aquarium chapter, and was looking forward to the dog bomb episode, which, imo, would've been a much better conclusion to Part 1 than this episode.
Jun 25, 2022 6:29 PM

Apr 2016
I was starting to maybe change my mind about this average-at-best show since episode 10.
Then this poor half-season finale occured.
Average show. Nothing more, nothing less.

5/10
Jun 25, 2022 6:46 PM
Apr 2018
that ending is just perfect, loid and yor blushing to cheer anya is pure wholesome
10/10
Jun 25, 2022 6:48 PM

May 2020
Hachiman pulled a 47 on that poor worker.

& the last few mins were really funny.

A funny filler for sure.

The 1st half was great,

The 2nd???

It could do better.

PLS THE ED MUST REMAIN THE SAME!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 25, 2022 7:04 PM
Feb 2021
One Happy Family! It was a brilliant episode and overall amazing series. Really looking forward to the 2nd Cour on October.
Jun 25, 2022 7:07 PM

Sep 2018
Solid series with an interesting premise, 8/10.

Loid keeping the family together was the best part of this anime, Anya's cute little antics not far behind. Yor was garbage, relegated to parroting "Anya-san" and "Loid-san" for pretty much every episode, except when she went yandere a couple of times.
Jun 25, 2022 7:20 PM
Mar 2021
Does anybody know what chapter episode 11 ended on? Since I’m pretty sure the chapter that got animated for ep12 was out or order
Jun 25, 2022 7:22 PM

Sep 2020
i dont want to wait for the next season aughh, but it's not that long of a wait so i'm happy about that :) this was a nice feel-good show to put on and i'm excited for more
Jun 25, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2011
Excellent final episode, nice to see some Yor and Loid action, acting like themselves.

Yor's kick was amazing, the wind up on it was finesse

9/10 episode
8/10 overall. Had a bit of a lull in the middle of the season.

Jun 25, 2022 7:25 PM

Mar 2020
Final episode!! Its a great episode as always. Loid-san and Yor-san blushing there while playing with Anya. Haha the family is adorable.

I'm excited for Fall season!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.