Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2019 4:03 AM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it seems Koku and Demon hunter who met Sumiyoshi(Tanjirou ancestor) at chapter 99 are twin brothers with Koku being older.

Extremely old Sunbro owning Koku as Demon. Sunbro prime couldn t kill Muzan. Prime Sunbro and Muzan>>>>>>>Um1 koku

It sad how Koku is fallen and Sunbro feeling guilty of failing to save his brother.As it probably one of his reasons of his guilt when he talk to Sumiyoshi.

Awesome more I love koku. More of this flasblack interest me.

10 out of 10 rating

SubaruHoshinaSep 12, 2019 5:21 AM

Sep 12, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2015
Wait what, Genya has now a Blood Demon Art? So epic!
It’s funny how every demon slayer has some demon’s traits (with the breathing techniques and now this with Genya) and as the manga goes on this vibe keeps getting stronger each chapter. While the demons “turn back” to humans in the end. Lol, so well done.

Anyway, we are finally getting probably the most wanted backstory in the whole manga.
The old guy looks like the one Tanjirou saw in the deam (chapter 99), but he was younger tho. Or I might just be wrong.

This is raising even more questions.
Sep 12, 2019 6:40 AM

Dec 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Wait what, Genya has now a Blood Demon Art? So epic!
It’s funny how every demon slayer has some demon’s traits (with the breathing techniques and now this with Genya) and as the manga goes on this vibe keeps getting stronger each chapter. While the demons “turn back” to humans in the end. Lol, so well done.

Anyway, we are finally getting probably the most wanted backstory in the whole manga.
The old guy looks like the one Tanjirou saw in the deam (chapter 99), but he was younger tho. Or I might just be wrong.

This is raising even more questions.

I think it still him but older. Koku and him is brother and Koku still can't beat him even if he an old man then. Koku only live cause the brother die from old age.
Sep 13, 2019 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
wow so Upper Moon One have a twin brother and that person is the ancestor of Tanjiro the first Breath of the Sun user so its safe to say that Upper Moon One really only knows this Breath of the Moon technique and not the Breath of the Sun that only a genius can do like his brother did

and Genya is really a demon now lol he even got a Blood Demon Art wtf
Sep 13, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2015
it was pretty obvious that kokushibo was the brother of the one in tanjiro dream since

it's said that muichiro is a descendant to sun user.

koku said that muichiro is his descendant.

kokushibo was nostalgic about his brother when he sees sanemi and genya.

sun user was guilty of something in the dream.

btw great chapter one of the best.

so maybe sun user passed the kagura dance and the earrings to sumiyoshi,tanjiro's ancestor.
nanashi796Sep 13, 2019 3:48 PM
Sep 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Jun 2016
It refreshing to finally confirm Michikatsu Tsugikuni(Kokushibou) and Yoriichi Tsugikuni(Breath of the sun) are brothers. This two brothers are unstoppable It must been major upset Muzan escape this two.

Michikatsu and Yoriichi could have easily Squash Muzan If they use Breath of the moon and Breath of the sun. I got feeling Michikatsu betray Demon hunters, His brother and help Muzan escape for unknown reasons.

More of Koku backstory and motivations. Would be nice

Yoriichi make Muzan drop in his kness. I fail too see how Michikatsu and Yoriichi fail too kill Muzan if they work together.
SubaruHoshinaSep 13, 2019 5:05 PM

Sep 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
Upper Moon One will get angry and power up in the next chapter i bet since he remembers his envy and anger/frustration about his genius brother the original Breath of the Sun user

i can see the Mist Pillar gonna die in the next chapter or maybe even the Stone Pillar will die too
Sep 13, 2019 5:03 PM
Jun 2019
heg said:
wow so Upper Moon One have a twin brother and that person is the ancestor of Tanjiro the first Breath of the Sun user so its safe to say that Upper Moon One really only knows this Breath of the Moon technique and not the Breath of the Sun that only a genius can do like his brother did

No, tanjiro is not the descendant of the breath of the sun user, but it's implied that somehow he passed it down through sumiyoshi who is likely Tanjirou's ancestor.
Sep 13, 2019 5:13 PM
Jun 2019
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
It refreshing to finally confirm Michikatsu Tsugikuni(Kokushibou) and Yoriichi Tsugikuni(Breath of the sun) are brothers. This two brothers are unstoppable It must been major upset Muzan escape this two.

Michikatsu and Yoriichi could have easily Squash Muzan If they use Breath of the moon and Breath of the sun. I got feeling Michikatsu betray Demon hunters, His brother and help Muzan escape for unknown reasons.

Yoriichi make Muzan drop in his kness. I fail too see how Michikatsu and Yoriichi fail too kill Muzan if they work together.

Probably because he came to Muzan before that
Sep 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
JolteonRL said:
heg said:

No, tanjiro is not the descendant of the breath of the sun user, but it's implied that somehow he passed it down through sumiyoshi who is likely Tanjirou's ancestor.

ye thats what i want to meant, english is not my native language so language barrier strikes again there
Sep 13, 2019 7:13 PM
Jun 2019
heg said:
JolteonRL said:

ye thats what i want to meant, english is not my native language so language barrier strikes again there

I see, I hope my clarification made you understand.
Sep 13, 2019 10:37 PM

Mar 2015
it's flashback time, that little brother sadness... strong envy tho.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 13, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2016
Yoriichi basically do one last power move again his brother then die. Koku could never get closer knowing he will always be 2nd best.
Sep 14, 2019 3:01 AM

Feb 2019
KNEW IT, UM1 was related to demon slayer corps somehow. Looks like it’s not through first breath of sun user, but still very interesting. While sad, cool how he literally died of old age and exhaustion before finishing his brother off, that just shows his power
Sep 14, 2019 8:54 AM

Jan 2018
Well, sure came as a surprise that breath of the moon and breath of the sun's users were brothers for me though because always thought that he's the one who tanjiro saw in his dream.
Sep 14, 2019 3:36 PM

Jun 2014
wow, UM1 mustve been really frustrated by that entire ordeal

Sep 14, 2019 6:40 PM
Apr 2014
hmm basically Koku got jealous with his brother able to defy the mark's curse?
Sep 14, 2019 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
Viz said:

yep but he was envious not jealous
Sep 14, 2019 7:17 PM
Apr 2014
heg said:
Viz said:

yep but he was envious not jealous

yea ok wrong choice of word
Sep 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
aw upper moon 1 became a demon yet couldn't defeat his aged near dead human brother. sad.

genya with his gun is quite funny. everyone's all with swords and he.. has a gun lol
Sep 15, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2016
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Muzan probably tempted Kokushibou with the power to surpass his brother if he accepted his blood and became a demon. This would have been an extremely alluring proposition for Kokushibou since it seems like he always lived in his brother’s shadow. Of course, now we know exactly how that turned out for him.
Sep 16, 2019 8:15 AM

Jan 2018
since we get to see his twin brother, I am well intrested on how he became a demon
Sep 19, 2019 3:17 PM
Mar 2015
He killed his own brother 400 years ago under a blood red moon
Oct 19, 2019 4:32 PM

Dec 2013
That younger brother was ridiculously strong despite being 80+ years old.
Oct 27, 2019 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
Kokushibou's backstory is great, I really like it. Can't wait to see more of it, 'cause as for now we only got a glimpse of what was his main problem before turning into demon. Visuals when he fought with his older brother who got old (yeah, obviously xD ) but remained insanely strong, was amazing, just as its whole setting.

About demons, I'm getting worried about Genya. His Blood Demon Art looked powerful, and he devoured a lot of cells from the strongest Upper Moon. Is it possible he won't be able to return human and without anybody to accept his transformation (Muzan had to accept all demons turned temporary by Upper Moons) he will just die as a half-demon? :(
AdnashOct 27, 2019 8:06 PM
May 19, 2020 11:29 PM

Feb 2018
It's similar. It turned out that the person who met his father Tanjirou turned out to be his twin brother Upper Moon 2 ...
May 24, 2020 8:13 PM

Jan 2016
Holy crap that ending....

his twin brother died of old age in the middle of a fight... jesus
Jun 26, 2020 3:30 AM

Jun 2017
It is possible that Tanjirou's ancient sword was originally Yoriichi's! That's just my theory though.😯

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 4, 2020 10:47 PM

May 2020
Flashback again, flashback is a sign for the devil he'll dead soon. They can make it. I though that grandpa is the first devil hunter with a god technique.
Jun 1, 2021 12:41 AM

Feb 2021
Woah Genya used Blood Demon Technique?? Yoriichi and UM1 are brothers but old age Yoriichi clapped Kokushibou easily only for old age to take him away...So is Yoriichi an ancestor of Tanjirou?

Apr 12, 2023 12:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
memories of 400 years ago and his twin brother!!!! kekeke
Dec 21, 2023 7:06 AM
Apr 2020
So awesome, crazy how the top demon is Yoriichi's twin
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
Sep 2023
The fights are ending very quickly and the back stories are great!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

25 by Mdraj6996 »»
Jun 4, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 145 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2019

21 by Prajwal331 »»
May 26, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.