Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the MC got reincarnated as a sword.

Judging by his reactions and the descriptions already about those skills, he isn't an ordinary sword. As awkward as it seems, I find this rather amusing as he tries to regain control himself.
Dec 13, 2017 3:39 AM

Oct 2014
very entertaining novel. looking forward how the story goes on. you're right about the not ordinary sword, but what makes it so special is that teacher is far from perfect. he has the potential to become one of the strongest swords the world has yes but in that volume he basicly still is a child just like Fran is at the beginning of her journey as well. what i find quite interesting about that is as i mention the potential both of them have and what way they will take to reach their goal. Fran doesnt have an overbearing character and just uses short sentences to express herself which is on point most of the time. this makes her very likeable character in the story.

Warning spoilers for specific things i didn't like

overall: the spoiler only contains my own nitpicking. i still very much enjoyed the entire story and the development like it is. so far id give it a 8/10 because of that
Mar 5, 2018 4:58 AM

Oct 2014
Sep 6, 2019 2:35 AM

Feb 2007
It's weird to see a novel actually be quite a bit worse than its manga adaptation, but for the first chapter and a good part of the second it definitely applies to this one, which can get really cringey in these parts. Improves a lot after that, though, sometimes being able to explain things better, play a situation more intelligently (especially not setting the forest on fire) or offer additional information (although the manga version has its own brilliant additions as well, and with the ability to have more visuals it does handle the fights better, as well as the status screens). Looking forward to seeing how the next volumes hold up, then.
Nov 22, 2020 9:29 PM

Oct 2014
luinthoron said:
It's weird to see a novel actually be quite a bit worse than its manga adaptation, but for the first chapter and a good part of the second it definitely applies to this one, which can get really cringey in these parts. Improves a lot after that, though, sometimes being able to explain things better, play a situation more intelligently (especially not setting the forest on fire) or offer additional information (although the manga version has its own brilliant additions as well, and with the ability to have more visuals it does handle the fights better, as well as the status screens). Looking forward to seeing how the next volumes hold up, then.

i dont find it that weird tbh.. thing about this novel was that its full of fights or mostly fights. They would at least imo be better in any kind of visual medium.
Nov 23, 2020 12:14 AM

Feb 2007
Zerephiehell said:
i dont find it that weird tbh.. thing about this novel was that its full of fights or mostly fights. They would at least imo be better in any kind of visual medium.

As said before, though, it's less about the fights and visuals and more about the quite cringey thoughts of the sword in the first chapters. Once the author truly finds the right groove and the story takes off, this problem luckily mostly disappears.
Nov 23, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2014
luinthoron said:
Zerephiehell said:

As said before, though, it's less about the fights and visuals and more about the quite cringey thoughts of the sword in the first chapters. Once the author truly finds the right groove and the story takes off, this problem luckily mostly disappears.

i agree with your statement. :O
Dec 6, 2022 5:46 AM
Sep 2022
rất thú vị, cuốn hút

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Volume 13 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Oct 23, 2023

1 by Hofner1962 »»
Oct 24, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Volume 12 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Mar 14, 2023

0 by FragmantLemon »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Volume 11 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Mar 10, 2023

0 by FragmantLemon »»
Mar 10, 2023 8:14 AM

» Anime adaptation officially confirmed

FragmantLemon - Sep 23, 2021

3 by Pyon2WarpKun »»
Sep 22, 2022 8:12 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Volume 10 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Feb 11, 2022

2 by Hitokiri_Ace »»
Aug 19, 2022 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.