Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 27, 2018 2:39 AM

May 2018
Wow, great end of season, I think this one equals Bakemonogatari. Below are the notes for each arc:

Ougi Formula: 9/10
Sodachi Riddle: 10/10
Sodachi Lost: 9,5/10
Shinobu Mail: 8.5/10
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 15, 2018 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
There's a lot I love about Monogatari, but there's a lot I truly despise, and Owarimonogatari makes an example out of much of those things. Koyomi has a pathetic, self-deriding stance, even in situations where he's done no wrong. Meanwhile, Sodachi is neurotic and self-pitying, loathing another character for not saving her. The "I'd leave you if someone better came along" attitude Senjougahara has is complete trash. Viewing love that way is nothing but villainous.

Monogatari could be a perfect series, but instead it's like a wife that cooks you lovely dinners and hides tacks and crickets in it for you to pick out.
Dec 30, 2018 2:57 PM

Mar 2012
Last two episodes were considerably better than the other 10 by a long shot, when this show actually takes itself seriously it's really damn good sometimes...but that also probably has way more to do with the lack of 7 minute conversations about boobs and sex gags that always seem to need air time when Kanbaru or Hanekawa are involved.

At least it's almost over....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 1, 2019 8:02 AM
Apr 2016
It's questionable how Ougi knew Seishiro's full first and last name, really is questionable... Well, turns out this story was being told to Ougi by Gararagi, 1 day before the exams, damn.
May 7, 2019 12:12 AM

Dec 2016
Another great season of Monogatari in the books, first arc was pretty good but second arc was the definitely the better of the two, just all around greatness really lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2018
That conversation with Hitagi could imply there might be a breakup between them in the future.

In the end Seishiro is fooled by Araragi, and I just can't believe how he cannot slash Araragi before Araragi stick that talisman into his body. He's a chosen 1 alright.

"For a little while longer, I'd like be the one there for him." For a little while longer, huh? This could imply that someday Kisshot gonna break up with Araragi.

Araragi continue to being an ignorant toward Ougi. Everyone realize it except him, himself.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 19, 2019 2:29 AM

May 2015
The Ougi part at the end makes this (and Mayoi arc 2) impossible to recommend to watch before Tsubasa Tiger.
I'm watching all the Monogatari series back to back and I'm still a bit confused about the timeline.
9/10 Ougi Formula and Sodachi Riddle weren't that solid.
Oct 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Sep 2017
Good episode. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised there are so many different ways to stretch your legs in preparation to run. Not quite sure how Gaen can instantly create a super sword, but oh well.

I was a bit lost at first, as I had accidentally watched the first two episodes of Owarimonogatari Season Two before anything from this, but this was all and all a pretty enjoyable season. I liked the Shinobu Time arc specifically. I had trouble remembering everything that had happened previously and where this specific arc fit in to the grander timeline, so that was a bit weird. I think I've said it before, but at this point this was just more of the same. You either like Monogatari or you don't, and if you don't you probably aren't even watching this far. 8/10.

Nov 14, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2017
Honestly, I found this ending to be quite the letdown, I was expecting intestines flying around and Araragi getting beaten up and etc. But well, this is what I got. I can't give a perfect score to this episode nor to this series.

However, I was still satisfied with the ending because Shinobu finally made her peace with her First Servant after 400 long years.
8/10 for this series.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 23, 2020 2:31 AM

Feb 2019
a great conclusion for a great series, nobody knows what the future holds is the message here it seems
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 1, 2020 1:57 AM

Nov 2018
I guess I know who is Ougi.
You can't hide anything from yourself, right?
I hate everyone equally
Aug 14, 2020 2:04 PM

Jan 2019
I personally think that the Sodachi arc was better, but this was great too! What an impactful final episode. Time for Kizu!
Aug 25, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2020
Em comparação aos eventos da Oikura, esse arco teve um começo muito lento, alguns episódios me deixaram insatisfeitos, mas aos poucos ele foi melhorando. Acredito que os últimos episódios foram mais que suficientes para compensar, aguardava por esse arco desde os eventos de Nekomonogatari: Shiro e seu desfecho não me desapontou.

Talvez o nosso protagonista tenha usado um truque sujo, mas o que importa é que a Shinobu liberou o fardo dele, quando ela disse "Seishirou" eu quase chorei e estou feliz que ela tenha assumido a responsabilidade no fim das contas.

O fim do arco foi bem leve, com uma atmosfera refrescante e com uma trilha sonora que não deixa a desejar, tinha esquecido completamente que a historia estava sendo contada para a Ougi e ainda me assusta como ela "controla" o Araragi.

Monogatari é sem duvidas uma das minhas melhores experiencias com animes, estou animado para chegar em Kizumonogatari e pretendo ler a novel quando terminar.

//

In comparison to Oikura events, this arc started very slowly, some episodes left me dissatisfied, but little by little it got better. I believe that the last episodes were more than enough to compensate, I have been waiting for this arc since the events of Nekomonogatari: Shiro and its outcome did not disappoint me.

Maybe our protagonist used a dirty trick, but what matters is that Shinobu released his burden, when she said "Seishirou" I almost cried and I'm happy that she took responsibility after all.

The end of the arc was very light, with a refreshing atmosphere and a soundtrack that leaves nothing to be desired, I had completely forgotten that the story was being told to Ougi and it still scares me how she(or he or it) "controls" Araragi.

Monogatari is undoubtedly one of my best anime experiences, I am excited to arrive in Kizumonogatari and I intend to read the novel when I finish.

(Sorry for potato english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 9, 2020 7:15 AM

Jun 2019
Why is this listed as 12 episodes, when I watched 13 episodes of Owarimonogatari? I think I'm missing something.
Sep 19, 2020 2:50 AM

Aug 2019
bassyey said:
Why is this listed as 12 episodes, when I watched 13 episodes of Owarimonogatari? I think I'm missing something.

First episode is actually about 40 minutes long, but most streaming sites split the two into separate episodes making the total episode count 13.
Sep 19, 2020 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
The finale was very good I really like the way Shaft animate this series.

And Shinobu cried damn.

I really have nothing to say but I'm giving this 8/10
Oct 6, 2020 1:19 AM
Mar 2018
damn shinobu a hoe. having two bf? no no. (im joking). so now we are back to the present time after tsuki. and ougi seems to have "all the puzzle pieces" now? interesting. guess araragi is gonna have to face off against ougi in owari s2.

overall good season. 8/10. nothing special but was still enjoyable. will be watching koyomi then owari s2. wonder what the hype for owari s2 is considering the high scores. hopefully its gonna be epic sauce
Nov 1, 2020 4:47 PM

Apr 2019
This was a pretty great final episode for both this arc and season. That 3 min conversation between Koyomi and Hitagi over the phone was just great, and seeing that picture Hanekawa took was a nice call back to the second season.

Ougi does make a good point about the armor, and I wonder if what she said about Izuko having Episode there to take the armor was true? I'm guessing this might be touched upon again in the second season of Owarimonogatari.

Dec 20, 2020 7:23 PM
Apr 2020
Wow what a great conclusion.. I really thought it wouldn't be that great. The first two arcs didn't really hit that much. Good thing that the last 2 eps lived up to my expectations.

Episode 1 - 10 = 8/10

Episode 11 - 12 = 9/10

Time to watch the 2nd Owarimonogatari.. I really hope it picks up where Koyomi transfers to another world and meets up Hachikuji.
Apr 7, 2021 9:14 AM

Oct 2016
That was a fantastic finale for this season, though the first half of Owari was definitely better for me overall. Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle and Sodachi Lost is easily one of my favorite arcs in Monogatari. But, Shinobu Mail is really great as well, it was just a little slow in the beginning, but the last few episodes were fantastic.

That conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara in the beginning was amazing. I really love how this arc connects with Tsubasa Tiger, you really gotta have at least a good memory to remember all these lmao. If there are any inconsistencies let's just blame it on Araragi's storytelling skills.

Didn't expect Araragi to use the talisman damn, that's big brain. Shinobu saying goodbye to Seishirou was beautiful. Love how the ending scene directly continues into the last episode of Koyomimonogatari. Araragi is still saying the same thing he said in Kizu that no one is happy with the outcome of Kizu, but I personally think that's not the case anymore, I think Shinobu is actually happy now with her life with Araragi and Araragi is failing to see that, and he's also failing to see that he's happy as well. Though that's just my 2 cents, I might be proven wrong later on. But yeah, Owarimonogatari was really great overall. 9.5/10
May 1, 2021 6:43 PM
Jan 2021
Ougi Formula 10/10
Sodachi Riddle 10/10
Sodachi Lost 10/10
Shinbo Mail 9/10
Total 9.80/10
My favorite arc in monogatari is sodachi arc so far....
Angel_crush1May 22, 2021 10:41 PM
Jul 1, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2020
And done with another Monogatari entry ! I didn't change my mind, I really preferred the Sodachi arc over this one for many reasons (well, the Sodachi arc, and especially Sodachi Lost, definitely is my favorite Monogatari arc so that's a bit unfair to compare them), but this one was still very good. Once again, there is a lot to say.

First of all, I never realized Araragi was such a huge pessimist. Not gonna lie, I find this side of him a bit annoying, especially due to how even after hearing Yotsugi's advice he still doesn't seem to be willing to make much effort other than pretty much wait and see if he can change (sorry to tell you that Araragi but nothing will ever happen if you don't try), but at the same time it is in character and makes him all the more interesting, I wonder what this means for him in terms of development. When I think about it, this whole thing about looking for happiness is basically what he told Oikura back in Sodachi Lost (the difference being that it is very hard to blame the poor girl for having given up), but this was before his talk with Yotsugi so that's a bit confusing. I guess he just is the type to give advices to others but is unable to follow them.

About Yotsugi, I wanted to give her props because she said some very meaningful things in this arc, both in the Suichiro story and in the current one. I find that pretty amusing and also great how an emotionless doll made out of a corpse can bring such deep messages to the table, she understands the situation so well at times, that makes her very interesting.

And before going into the Soichiro story, I obviously want to talk about Ougi. I found what she said here to be more confusing than usual, usually I always more or less see where she's coming from but here I didn't really understand what she was talking about. What's the whole deal with the armor and the sword ? Why should've Gaen melt the armor to make a sword ? To bring Soichiro back to life ? Why ? Okay I need to rewatch this scene because I'm sure I missed something.
However what's interesting is that she still has this "I'm innocently listening while actually thinking about you Araragi-Senpai fail to see" attitude (even if I myself kinda fail to see what was the puzzle this time), and she is still trying to make him rethink everything. But, and that's what I find all the more intriguing, here it's almost as if she gave up. She kept insisting about how Shinobu most likely didn't eat the armor, but when Araragi was all like "But nah she just ate it, that's the only conclusion I see", she stopped insisting. That's surprising considering how she never gave up during the Sodachi arc despite Araragi's obliviousness, but maybe that's because here she doesn't believe it is that important or that urgent if he doesn't realize the truth right now ? Well, if I come to actually understand what she meant with the puzzle and the sword then maybe I will be able to understand that as well.
However, there is something else. After the Sodachi arc, I really thought Araragi understood that jumping to mindless conclusions because you don't want to think too much is a bad attitude to have, but here he just did it again, and that's at this very moment that Ougi stopped insisting. Maybe she understood he still has a long way to go and so wants to take another approach ? I'm very curious to find out. There's one thing that worries me though, which is that the last yime she took actions based on some knowledge, she made Nadeko go insane. I have a feeling she isn't up to something very good and while I'm looking forward to find out what use she will make of the infos she gathered, I'm scared to see what will happen.
After all, Yotsugi herself warned Araragi (even if she also gave up very easily, at this rate I'm gonna think everyone is just getting tired of Araragi's unability to think), so the show is giving us more and more hints about the fact that no matter what are her reasons, she is clearly a threat. And one last thing, it is getting very worrying how Araragi seems to be completely brainwashed into thinking Ougi isn't suspicious and that he isn't telling her too much. I can't believe that even he is that stupid, so what did she do to him ?

Now, about the actual story. Well, there's not a lot to say other than what has already been said in previous episodes. However, I found that interesting how telling Soichiro the truth didn't give him any real closure (I must admit I feel a bit bad for him). But at the same time, it did give one to Shinobu and Araragi.
And speaking of Shinobu, I am very proud of her for having found the courage to talk to Soichiro and even forgive him while admitting that despite being happy to see him again, he isn't as important to her as Araragi is now. She even made me a bit emotional, that was truly a beautiful scene.
But about Soichiro, I'm not sure I understand what kind of oddity he really became. I thought fully regenerating stuck him in a similar state as Shinobu's, but turns out that's not the case since he can go back to his shadow form. Maybe I need to listen once again to Gaen's story.

And speaking of Gaen, I really don't manage to understand her. In a way, I almost find her more mysterious than Ougi, because where I can understand some of Ougi's motivations and messages and see her as a kind of chaotic neutral character, for Gaen I don't understand at all what is her alignment and why she behaves a certain way. She is very helpful but at the same time she seems to genuily enjoy tormenting Araragi, and she can be very cruel at times, as seen with how she forced Hachikuji into saying the truth about herself. Not to mention how there are chances she is related to Kaiki's murder. I really don't know how I feel about her, that's weird.

One last thing, I wonder how Kanbaru managed to guess what happened to Hanekawa. She was with Araragi all the time, did she lie about not knowing anything at all or was it really just a guess ? Well, at least now we know how Araragi came to know about Hanekawa, and that also explains why he looked the way he did. That's pretty funny actually, turns out the reason his sweat is torn is simply because that's not his but Kanbaru's.

And now, conclusion. Well, the conclusion is that I loved this season. As I already said many times, I have a particular love for the Sodachi arc but Shinobu Mail was also very good. But I expected a bit more for this one, so in the end I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. So I give Owari an 8/10, if Shinobu mail was as good as the Sodachi arc I might would've given it a 9 (yes, that's how much I love the Sodachi arc), but unfortunately it wasn't in my opinion.
Now I have Koyomimonogatari to watch before Owari S2, I'm a bit worried since people always say it is boring but I'll see by myself.
FafetteJul 1, 2021 1:58 PM
Jul 24, 2021 9:05 PM

Jun 2016
That last discussion/talk with Yotsugi was godly. Great stuff
Jul 24, 2021 9:05 PM

Jun 2016
That last discussion/talk with Yotsugi was godly. Great stuff
Sep 21, 2021 2:45 AM
Aug 2021
Love how this episode connects with Nekomonogatari Shiro, it explains why Araragi's hoodie was torn in Shiro's last ep.

Shinobu finally comes to terms with Seishiro. Also did she eat his armour and what would happen if she didn't?Will he return?

This arc was an 8/10
Ougi formula-9/10
Sodachi riddle-8/10
Sodachi lost-9.5/10
Overall Owari's 1st season is an 8.5 for me.
Oct 16, 2021 2:26 AM

Aug 2015
Ougi was the star of this season, I really enjoyed her presence.

Ougi formula - 9/10
Sodachi riddle- 8/10
Sodachi lost -10/10
Shinobi mail-7/10

8/10 overall for this season
Jul 22, 2022 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
Previous arcs of this season really made me properly think and were overall stunningly good. This arc was super solid but feel like pacing wasn't as top of the game as usual, story was important though while also successfully telling a story which was very human in its core. Kanbaru was amazing, hahaha. Seishuru was really interesting to see.
Shawshank Redemption reference was perfect, haha, I know that was a few episodes back but didn't type in forums for those ones.
Sep 29, 2022 10:58 PM
Oct 2020
Whew, another milestone passed with the Owarimonogatari S1 in the books! I agree with many others who commented here- a solid arc but not quite at the top as previous ones. I'd say it sits on the upper end of the distribution, to bring the mathematical reference back. I kinda want to give it an 7.5 or maybe 7.75 but alas my score has to be an integer. I may settle on an 8 but I have to see it next to my other scores. Perhaps when I reach the end I'll revisit the ranking. Or more than likely I'll just move on.

In terms of story this arc has a lot to offer, connecting to past episodes and tying things together perhaps more than many of the past arcs. I'm not sure if it ends with a message of hope or futility. As is the case throughout the series, mixing elements of dark and light is one of the things that Monogatari does best. And indeed one of the things I love about it.
Mar 28, 2023 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
Aww, that was a sweet Senjougahara x Araragi moment. I also believe in no absolutes in relationships. That's why I prefer to be in a harem if possible. I get bored rather quickly.
This is similar to the Witcher books' true immortality of higher vampires. Only another higher vampire can end another high vampire's life permanently.
I see, so this ends where Koyomimonotagari also ends. I'm curious to see what happened after Araragi got obliterated.
I have to say that the Monogatari's roundabout way of telling a simple story makes it so tedious to watch. 7/10
Sep 13, 2023 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Sep 29, 2023 5:18 PM
Sep 2023
Ougi kawaiiii, and sodcahi is The best
Nov 10, 2023 5:39 AM

Nov 2023
Concluded. Good for Shinobu for taking Suruga's advice.
Nov 25, 2023 12:18 PM
Apr 2020
still crunchy as ever...
Dec 10, 2023 5:04 PM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn, well at least he's been taken care of though. But to think about the vampire species of Kiss Shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade's regeneration rate, they're almost like gods bruh. And not to mention, their immense strength. I see now why their species of vampires are the gods of apparitions.
Mar 25, 11:30 PM
Feb 2021
Senjougahara is a cuck. I don't get what Araragi's deal with Shinobu is, but I guess being a vampire kinda sucks for him at that time.

Really great season, I think Ougi is probably my favorite character now, but man, every character in this so good, those that get actual screen time, that is.
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

May 2021
So now we know how she got her hands on the apparition killer. He was warned.

Depending on how S2 goes, Owari might be my favourite part of this series.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.