Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2015 1:37 AM
Apr 2015
Okay watched the first episode...the thing I got is the teacher set up Oikura..yeah great they found out the culprit...BUT what was the whole case I mean for what they set up Oikura for?Is it because of the Math test that Araragi got 100 or that stuff,I didn't get the study group thing..

Somebody please explain
Oct 4, 2015 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
Jerkhov said:
Mills said:

She came back from her search in Koimonogatari.

lol now I feel stupid, I forgot a lot of the things that happened in Second Season

The date of this episode is back in October of Araragi's 3rd year. So this should be somewhere around Nadeko snake in the second season. Before Hanekawa left to search for Oshino.
Oct 4, 2015 2:31 AM

Feb 2011
Imamul-Kabir said:
Okay watched the first episode...the thing I got is the teacher set up Oikura..yeah great they found out the culprit...BUT what was the whole case I mean for what they set up Oikura for?Is it because of the Math test that Araragi got 100 or that stuff,I didn't get the study group thing..

Somebody please explain

Oikura noticed a difference in score in the math test results, from who partecipated in the math study group and who didn't, leading her to suspect who partecipated in the study group got some leaked test to exercise with, giving them an unfair advantage over others, since it's almost the same as cheating a test knowing already the answers
for that reason she set up an assembly to discuss and find who was the one to leak the test problems
in the end no solution could be found by discussion, and the time was almost over, so as a last attempt (or just to get done with it) she let it up to votes
ironically she was voted to get the blame

(ironically, cause using voting to get the decision was like saying "let's vote someone to get the blame", using votation to find a solution to a problem is not a proper way to solve it, and the math loving Oikura should have realized/known it)

the teacher in the end did cheat the test of her students cause in japan the quality of a teacher is measured on the results of her students
(which should make questionable to have the same teacher designing the tests... that was very odd)

that was only the part about Oikura, the real issue was the emotive response of araragi over the matter
1) seeing an righteous innocent getting blamed
2) seeing a supposedly righteous figure being the culprit and getting away with it while blaming the innocent
ZeandoOct 4, 2015 2:36 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 4, 2015 3:08 AM

Aug 2008
That was the trippiest anime episode I've seen since NGNL.
Oct 4, 2015 3:26 AM
Sep 2009
This was a FUCKING AWESOME episode. I loved it!
Oct 4, 2015 3:48 AM
Nov 2014
Off to a good start, looking forward for more.
Oct 4, 2015 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
ihusmal1234 said:
Jerkhov said:

lol now I feel stupid, I forgot a lot of the things that happened in Second Season

The date of this episode is back in October of Araragi's 3rd year. So this should be somewhere around Nadeko snake in the second season. Before Hanekawa left to search for Oshino.

Yeah, my response was wrong. I should've checked the timeline before answering.
Oct 4, 2015 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
Ougi still creeps the sh*t out of me. She's like an all-knowing devil that likes to mess their victim's mind. Every time she shows up on screen I get a "KILL IT WITH FIRE" reaction, but then I realize it wouldn't work and everyone has no other option, but to submit...

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 4, 2015 4:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This felt uncannily similar to the Rejecting Classroom from Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, albeit not quite as impressive in terms of writing

Still pretty good though
Oct 4, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2015
Great first episode, glad it was an hour long.

Oct 4, 2015 4:53 AM

May 2011
Good first episode. Finally we get to learn more about the mysterious niece(or so she claims) of Oshino Meme, Oshino Ougi. It was a rather tough watch, especially as I watched it while nursing a headache, but the dialogue is still as enjoyable as ever. Can't wait for the 2nd episode
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Oct 4, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2013
This was a great start. Bringing up Araragi's first year which wasn't touched at all during the entire series. Ougi's mysteriousness has also increased leaving us wanting to find out more about her. Dialogues are still great.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Oct 4, 2015 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
I like the way this how bring up Euler's Identity to describe Ougi, it really fits her,..
It's beautiful, but when you think about it , i's also scary..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Oct 4, 2015 5:09 AM

Jun 2015
The mystery genre sticks very well for this episode(compared to all series) actually.

Moar Monogatari is always a blessing ~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I liked the euler's identity. Also I can't believe it was the teacher that made the test with the contents of the study group. So much text though, so much I just translated it in my head and didn't bother reading because that took longer.

Also yeah, e^(i x) = cos(x) + i sin(x)

Since x = pi, we have that e^(i pi) = cos(pi) + i sin(pi) = -1 + i 0 for

cos(pi) = -1
sin(pi) = 0

So, e^(i pi) = -1, or:

e^(i pi) + 1 = 0

This is right and it was nice seeing stuff I learnt in anime.
The amazing part is that cos(pi) is -1 I guess.
Then again, its interesting to see the imaginary part pretty much delete itself with i sin pi = 0

Anywho, it was an interesting episode.
That ougi was like on his shoulders the whole episode.
Also liked how everyone was talking (the chairs) then they all lined up all neat. Good imagery.

Also the majority rules for righteousness was interesting.
Oct 4, 2015 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
This was pure perfection.
Oct 4, 2015 6:53 AM

May 2014
LOL, damn what a weird mysterious/detective ep. I liked it. Hmm, I hope all the ep. will be 48 min. :D
Oct 4, 2015 7:12 AM

Oct 2011
I don't think I ever seen such a cute and creepy girl at the same time. Ougi for best girl. Interesting episode, I enjoyed it.
Oct 4, 2015 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
This is my first exposure to the franchise, and I really don't get all the hype; so much dialogue so fast.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 4, 2015 8:02 AM

Oct 2015
correct me if im wrong, owari means end right?
does this mean the end of monogatari series?

Oct 4, 2015 8:15 AM

Feb 2015
Luke72 said:
I'm confused that there was 2 episodes but what I want to know is if the second part was actually the second episode or just part of the extended episode 1. It would mean we would have to wait 2 weeks until the actual next episode. The second part was a direct extension on the first, despite the fact that episode 2 is supposed to be a different arc, Sodachi Riddle which suggests it wasn't the actual second episode but idk.

Side note, will the arcs Mayoi Hell, Hitagi rendezvous and Ougi Lost (Owarimonogatari Gekan) appear in this season? Because the episode names suggest they won't. Will they just add them to Zoku Owarimonogatari instead? Idk.

Good episode(s), OP & ED. I look forward to whatever / whenever the next episode may be.

Ok so now I know that this was just 1 episode, Ougi Formula. It's an extended special for the start of the season. I look forward to episode 2 next week. Still don't know when they plan to air Owarimonogatari Gekan though. Who cares because KIZUMONOGATARI HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!
here:

:DDDDD
Oct 4, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
marcellzzz said:
correct me if im wrong, owari means end right?
does this mean the end of monogatari series?

Nah, I heard that the creator still have plans for the franchise. Also Shaft should adapt two novels more (Koyomimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari). Hanamonogatari is the last in chronological order.
Oct 4, 2015 8:35 AM

Aug 2012
Wings said:
This is my first exposure to the franchise, and I really don't get all the hype; so much dialogue so fast.

You realize that Owari is the "final" season and you have to watch the prequels?
Oct 4, 2015 8:52 AM
Oct 2009
SO GOOD as usual! I'm not a huge fan of Ougi (it's no small feat but she really creeps me out, lol) but the mystery was very interesting. I love how Monogatari can be artsy AND tell an actual compelling story. As has been mentioned before, the part where the debate is enacted with a clash of desks and mad splashes of colours was just incredible. The opening was also really good at setting the mood of mystery and weird.
5/5
Oct 4, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2014

I had thought that, but just figured to try it on a whim. No harm done, I'll go back and watch sometime.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 4, 2015 8:56 AM

Feb 2011
Wings said:

all the show is very metaphorical, it talks about curses/manifestations of human uneasiness, if you manage to follow the dialogues it's interesting
missing the dialogues means missing 80% of what the show is about (remaining 20% being "pretty visuals")

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 4, 2015 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
So we have new character and she's twin-tailed like Mayoi. I didnt expect this to be 50 mins long, so are all episodes gonna be almost an hour long? well I doubt that lets just find out next week.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 4, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
Kumagawa Misogi vibes from that opening xD
Will all episodes be 40+ minutes or just this one?
Oct 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Hanekawa....

Ougi....

Maths....

These are the ingredients for me to dislike any Monogatari episode. Good episode and all, but Hanekawa appears so fucking much I'm getting tired of her existence, Ougi keeps rubbing me the wrong way.... and fuck maths.

4/5
"Hi!"
Oct 4, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
Just watched it and I'm blown away as always. How can I keep watching a dialogue between 2 characters for over 45 (felt like 15) minutes without getting bored at all?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2013
when is this arc happen? why hanekawa hair isn't change yet? iirc her hair color change after the tiger arc (forget the name).
the way ougi talk befor leaving the class, make me feel that she has something to do with shinobu.

will oikura join koyomi's harem?

Infatuate said:
Just watched it and I'm blown away as always. How can I keep watching a dialogue between 2 characters for over 45 (felt like 15) minutes without getting bored at all?
that's the magic that only nisioisin's anime have
Oct 4, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2014
Wings said:

It is not like start from the end is a really smart decision...
Oct 4, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2015
Tbh, I'm not really liking Ougi. She was nice at first, but as the episode progressed, she kinda became annoying for me. (But since it's still episode one, my impression of her might change since she does seem "cool".)

Anyways, great first ep. I was bored at first (okay, I was busy doing something else tbh) but it got interesting as soon as I paid attention to the dialogue.

Sodachi reminds me of Hachikuji, appearance wise (twintails~). And her voice sounds kinda familiar so I did some research, apparently she's voiced by Marina Inoue (and I was watching a Sket Dance episode featuring Momoka a while ago LOL).
Oct 4, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2013
Lol i spoiled myself again regarding Ougi but wow this episode was good.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 4, 2015 12:06 PM

Mar 2011
Uhhh.... I fell asleep last night watching this. It was extremely boring as first episode......
Oct 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2014
SO GOOD, what a great start. Loved the trippy visuals, crazy good animation as usual. The story is confusing as hell (at least at the start), just how I like it.

Question though, when does this take place? After Monogatari 2nd Season? Or between Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari? At first I thought it might be before 2nd season because
, so I'm not sure.

I love Ougi, she's so cool and just does whatever and people just accept it.
Oct 4, 2015 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
I have to put this on-hold and marathon when it's finished.
Oct 4, 2015 2:34 PM
Apr 2014
YES!!! Another season :D Nothing beats the style of this. Too bad that not every anime of Shaft is made exactly like Monogatari series (a few shows get close but it's just not the same).

Great first episode. Ougi was totally playing with him. Everything that happened occurred because of her. Like always. But how is she benefiting from all this? I was wondering about that since she was messing around with the snake apparition incident.

I really hope we finally get to know who the fuck Oshino Ougi really is.
Oct 4, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2007
Ougi still creeps me the f*ck out. Her manner of speech is unnerving.

OP and ED are fantastic as always.

This is gonna be good.
Oct 4, 2015 3:01 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I see quite a few people are still confused about when this arc takes place. Refer to this post for better clarification.

Oct 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Mar 2011
Ougi creepy (in the cool way) as usual. i can't even begin to guess what it wants out of Araragi
Oct 4, 2015 4:15 PM
Apr 2015
I'm so confused
Oct 4, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2015
Wings said:

Are you dumb or what?This is one of retard way to watch monogatari
barthosOct 4, 2015 5:06 PM
Rance X is A GOAT.
Oct 4, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
Oh Monogatari. How I've missed you!

Aragi is back and Ougi is creepy (She has no meaning of personal space!) Lots of info to start us out with!

As someone who has never read the LNs/Manga, I love this whole franchise and will probably need to read them after the 3 part movie finale!

Great start to the season and can't wait to see what happens!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 4, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2015
Ougi creepy as usual, especially during the last half.

Interesting start. I will be looking forward to the new girl in the next episode.
Oct 4, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2013
This arc right here is exactly why people need to read Kizu, you get a slight idea from the conversation in this episode but you can't really grasp how much he had been avoiding people. Koyomi was avoiding Hanekawa at the beginning of Kizu and it really showed how much he desired to not have a friend.

Oct 4, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2010
..."I don't know anything, your the one that know's" -love that phrase
Oct 4, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2010
This ost....this fucking magnific ost

100/100
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 4, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
this iis gonna be good
Oct 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
Finally we have Ougi with more screen time.
It was me or that classroom had a little too much CG? Like, chairs, table, everything that was not Ougi or Araragi it was CG. In a way was good because it gives that sense of being abnormal.
The reason for Araragi didn't want friends was a little.....too like something that only in anime and light/visual novels would work.
However i love it

Wings said:

This is an adaptation of the Final Season of a series novels and like the seven season of anime. Starting from the beginning (Bakemonogatari) seems like a good start.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.