Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 3, 2013 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
EPIC EPISODE. Misaka meets her clone and Accelerator is gonna appear in the next episode :) :) :) Now I wish I could time travel.

Loved Kuroko in this episode. Always so fun to watch :3

May 3, 2013 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
Oh yes next week. I need me some Accelerator killin's
May 3, 2013 9:05 PM
Dec 2012
Misaka with Long hair <3 AWESOME!
May 3, 2013 9:10 PM

Jan 2008
Out of curiosity, is there a reason the clone(s) shown in Railgun don't have the blank eye / large pupils like in Index or is it just a slight design change?
May 3, 2013 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
"Look like JC will animate Liberal Arts" say Misaka with excited. Looking forward to Misaka
And next episode will have Accelerator who is still crazy.

Is it just me or the magazine Misaka read have YGO card on the cover?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2013 9:46 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Paul said:
Out of curiosity, is there a reason the clone(s) shown in Railgun don't have the blank eye / large pupils like in Index or is it just a slight design change?

My guess is that it is a slight design change. The vacant, blank look in the clones' eyes from Index seasons 1 and 2 were most likely intended to be a visual cue for viewers to help them differentiate between Mikoto and the clones. The manga for both Index and Railgun both show the clones with eyes that look slightly different from Mikoto's, sort of like they're missing a certain something;

I could be wrong, but it is possible that the reason the slight design change was made was just a redesign because the one used in previous seasons (the Index ones) was a little too drastic. That is my guess. I don't think it has any plot-related reasons, at least.
May 3, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2011
Maybe I should watch Index and the 1st season, but I don't have a lot of time...do I need to watch those to enjoy this more?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 3, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
ernst said:
Maybe I should watch Index and the 1st season, but I don't have a lot of time...do I need to watch those to enjoy this more?
Are you haven't wathing Railgun first season?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2013 10:29 PM

Oct 2010
ernst said:

This is a side story to another series, and the second season to boot. You didn't start the Lord of the Rings from the middle, right?
May 3, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
I hope there's a Touma cameo soon
May 3, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
Accelerator will gonna appear next episode...

i cant wait for it...

xD
May 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Feb 2012
Haruee in a swimsuit..

As for the rest of the ep, they finally meet! That, and Accelerator next ep = let the slaughter begin!
May 3, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
"I wish I could make time go faster so I do not have to wait as long for the next episode." Misaka states.
May 3, 2013 11:54 PM

May 2012
Nice.. Accelerator next week! Can't wait..

And I just love Misaka more and more.. just love her kiddie side. And those eyes! haha.. This is really getting interesting..
May 4, 2013 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for Accelerator next week :3
Really enjoyed this episode...
May 4, 2013 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
I hope they keep the gore the same level as the manga. It really shows how horrible the experiment is.
May 4, 2013 2:36 AM

Sep 2012
Long haired Misaka... o.o
May 4, 2013 2:57 AM

Dec 2012
When are they getting back to making toaru majutsu no index?
May 4, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2012
Finally. Been waiting for Accelerator~ I wonder when will Touma appear.
May 4, 2013 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
Just who the hell is Haruue anyways? What does she contribute to the plot?

We barely know anything about her and I don't think anyone cares either.
May 4, 2013 4:01 AM

Aug 2009
anders160196 said:
I guess in 5-6 eps.There is a lot to be covered before Touma comes to help her.
Amarrez said:

Being "moe" I guess.
Really why did they cut 9982's "first tea",that also shows how blatant the Sisters are for the scene with the rice cooker crap that didnt add anything to the story?

If,after all those referencesblatant statements, they dont animate the Arts and Science City Arc,they will be big asses.It wont even even compare to the tease we got in the end of Index II.

And last but not least,there isnt ANY reason at all for a "redesign" of the clones' eyes.

MoonxArtemis said:

Anyways don't know who that white haired guy is but a lot of people are excited about him. We'll see how he is.

You are in for a treat.
ssjokgMay 4, 2013 4:07 AM
May 4, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2009
Brilliant relaxing episode to show before the Sister's Arc begins as the project is progressing through it's phases and Accelerator will show in the next episode. I liked the adaptation of this from the Manga and should start to get serious from here!!!

Looking forward to see how Misaka reacts to all of this in the next episode!!

5/5

May 4, 2013 5:54 AM
Jun 2011
ssjokg said:
anders160196 said:
I guess in 5-6 eps.There is a lot to be covered before Touma comes to help her.
Amarrez said:

Being "moe" I guess.
Really why did they cut 9982's "first tea",that also shows how blatant the Sisters are for the scene with the rice cooker crap that didnt add anything to the story?

If,after all those referencesblatant statements, they dont animate the Arts and Science City Arc,they will be big asses.It wont even even compare to the tease we got in the end of Index II.

And last but not least,there isnt ANY reason at all for a "redesign" of the clones' eyes.

MoonxArtemis said:

Anyways don't know who that white haired guy is but a lot of people are excited about him. We'll see how he is.

You are in for a treat.
about the clones eyes i think this design looks much better then the one of index even if their clones they dont have to be so lifless in the eyes that why i think this eye design is Huge improvement compard to the lifless eye design in index
elior1May 4, 2013 6:00 AM
May 4, 2013 6:30 AM

Jan 2011
About time something happened, looks like the introduction episodes are over.
Next episode'll have some Accelerator, I'm looking forward to seeing him.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 4, 2013 6:51 AM

May 2012
Meidosan kawaii~ <3

Dangerous episode...

Mikoto's making Jokers.

Tensai shoujo Nunochan.

Nice prequel! Best ep so far.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 4, 2013 7:05 AM
Aug 2012
Good episode, cant wait for next week episode Accelerator <3
May 4, 2013 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
Misaka with long hair... I can die happy now \(^O^)/
May 4, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2009
elior1 said:
about the clones eyes i think this design looks much better then the one of index even if their clones they dont have to be so lifeless in the eyes that why i think this eye design is Huge improvement compared to the lifeless eye design in index

THere is no reason to "improve" something that wasnt faulty anyway.The LN ,manga and Index anime series all have the Sisters with lifeless gray irises(except from
)and it really matches with their personalities.

If it happened just to have 100% copies of Mikoto to please the viewers then no it isnt an improvement.If they want to improve anything they should cut unnecessary Haruue scenes.
MasterMeNL said:
About time something happened, looks like the introduction episodes are over.
Nope not yet
ssjokgMay 4, 2013 8:00 AM
May 4, 2013 7:53 AM

Jun 2010
Then mention about the trip to the Arts City. I hope they animate that part. I doubt they would go to the Daihasei arc. Animating the trip would make an exciting part of the season.

May 4, 2013 8:36 AM

Nov 2010
Nice build up. That lab scene at the end was horrifying
May 4, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2011
Wow... Misaka really looks great with long hair. And it reminded me immediately of Ryouko from Ookami-san.

Oh snap she finally meets one of the sisters and it looks like the experiment is gonna be shown in the next episode. Awesome. And that room at the end, damn.
May 4, 2013 9:25 AM
Mar 2013
I rewatched the episode with subtitles. It was much better. All in all this was an excellent episode. The buildup is incredible. Seeing the scene at the end, I am aware of what is coming and the depth of the rest of the season. The preview of the next episode was good as well, we finally get to see Accelerator.

They did mention the fact that all of them are going to California, liberal arts city, on the artificial Island so that trip from the light novel is practically confirmed.

Mikoto is hilarious when she's "too happy." Yeah, her clone was from three months ago; I didn't get that at first. I thought that was changed in the anime adaptation, but I guess not. We hear more about Testament that Nunotaba Shinobu built.

I guess I now understand why the opening is Sisters Noise. Now that we heard about the Misaka network for the first time and we heard Mikoto saying that it's unlikely that anyone would be able to communicate because of other electrical interference called noise, it all makes sense now.

This season will get deep, but it will probably take one more month to get really really deep... Slightly sad, but I'll be patient...

@ssjokg lol
dnivMay 4, 2013 9:30 AM
May 4, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
I rewatched the episode with subtitles. It was much better. All in all this was an excellent episode. The buildup is incredible. Seeing the scene at the end, I am aware of what is coming and the depth of the rest of the season. The preview of the next episode was good as well, we finally get to see Accelerator.

They did mention the fact that all of them are going to California, liberal arts city, on the artificial Island so that trip from the light novel is practically confirmed.

Mikoto is hilarious when she's "too happy." Yeah, her clone was from three months ago; I didn't get that at first. I thought that was changed in the anime adaptation, but I guess not. We hear more about Testament that Nunotaba Shinobu built.

I guess I now understand why the opening is Sisters Noise. Now that we heard about the Misaka network for the first time and we heard Mikoto saying that it's unlikely that anyone would be able to communicate because of other electrical interference called noise, it all makes sense now.

This season will get deep, but it will probably take one more month to get really really deep... Slightly sad, but I'll be patient...
there is also the Raido Noise project that gave "birth" to the Sisters.So deep....jk XD
May 4, 2013 10:31 AM

May 2011
Not bad, relaxing SoL for the most part. And Accelerator next week too (FUCK YEAH).

Also, you guys are in serious need of better tastes. Original Misaka is undoubtedly the greatest.
May 4, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Original Misaka is undoubtedly the greatest.
May 4, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
kenshin_sama said:
Not bad, relaxing SoL for the most part. And Accelerator next week too (FUCK YEAH).

Also, you guys are in serious need of better tastes. Original Misaka is undoubtedly the greatest.
AlexTheRiot said:
kenshin_sama said:
Original Misaka is undoubtedly the greatest.
“Honey!! This Misaka came to swing a glass ashtray down on you during the infidelity investigation!!”
ssjokgMay 4, 2013 10:59 AM
May 4, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
Forgetting her worries after last episode in which the data she got suggested she had nothing to worry about and they would not be used for anything harmful she was faced with reality this episode.
At least to the point that she had something to worry about i wonder if the clone will explain things to her and what's going to happen.
It was a reasonable episode a bit to carefree the part at the machines was funny tho.
May 4, 2013 10:40 AM

Oct 2011
I don't like long haired Misaka. She looks like Asuna from SAO

Last part was intense. Misaka meeting her clone and the after credits where Misaka over 9000 was asked to clean up the room full of dead bloody Misaka clones
May 4, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2009
ending was amazing
Soo.. in the next episode, Majutsu no Index recap?
May 4, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2009
hasyly said:
ending was amazing
Soo.. in the next episode, Majutsu no Index recap?
No that wont come for at least 5-6 eps.And even then it has new content.
May 4, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
I did not expect that after-credits stinger. Pretty jarring considering what occurred in the first half of the episode. Next week's episode with Accelerator involved should be fun.
May 4, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
It is not healthy to feel this hyped.
May 4, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
they finally met
next ep Accelerator! :D
May 4, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
That scene at the end sure was....interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 4, 2013 1:38 PM

May 2013
the two misakas meet. can't wait for next episode
May 4, 2013 1:45 PM

May 2012
I feel so much hype when I'm watching anime episodes weekly than when I'm marathoning. o.O
May 4, 2013 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
Decent ep. I like the birth of sister part but they cut the tea scene :(
At least they keep the last scene. That caught me offguard lol
The build up at the end are really good & here come Misaka's bad summer.

I don't like they put the brown reflection on the sister's eye. It is improvement but I like Index anime version since it much more faithful to how they portrayed it in LN or Railgun manga. Just my nitpick though.

Oh they really mentioned Liberal Art City, that probably means the ss will get animated after all.

Yeah Aceelerator next week. Now I remember the horrible 'train' scene X_X
May 4, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
Last scene kinda reminded me of something... ;)

May 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Mikoto is pretty good with kids...

And damn, that final scene was intense.

Great episode.
May 4, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, too popular
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.