Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2023 6:11 PM
Sep 2022
Pretty decent. I'm glad that NieR came back again ^ ^
Feb 18, 2023 6:18 PM

Dec 2022
Songstress fight was killer, best thing yet in the anime doing the most justice to the game! Let's hope we keep riding this high level throughout... wish they'd have done MUCH more justice to the amusement park itself along with the music there but what can you do? Guess it's best to try and focus on the good things they're doing!
Feb 18, 2023 6:29 PM

Apr 2020
I must say, the way 2B walked on the sewers was simply majestic.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 18, 2023 7:04 PM
Jul 2020
Need to adjust the volumes of the music higher.
They show amusement park annd the beautiful song
Feb 18, 2023 7:25 PM
Apr 2020
Shubham-gupta said:
why did this episode is delayed so much?

many staff members got covid
Feb 18, 2023 7:43 PM

Oct 2016
What a way to come back, there was so much in it, and everything so well done...I'm glad this is back.
CaptainKenshiroFeb 18, 2023 7:47 PM
Feb 18, 2023 7:51 PM
Jan 2020
the CG still sucks ass
Feb 18, 2023 9:25 PM
Aug 2020
btcr said:
To be honest this was a pretty weak episode compared to the game. They should have expanded amusement park chapter to at least 2 episodes. By rushing through, almost skipping the amusement park itself, they failed to give #1 core message of the chapter. Assuming Simone's story is concluded (as we saw 9S' point of view), by not giving her "final words", (which was the single most important sentence in the amusment park chapter) episode failed to give #2 core message of the chapter.

DO NOT read the spoiler if you haven't completed the game. Because at this point in game's route A, you shouldn't be knowing/understanding these anyway, and this "half baked" storytelling of last 2 episodes MAY be intentional.

I still hope many details ommited from Adam&Eve and Simone's story arcs will be revealed much later into the anime. Just like in game where playing 2B in Route A you were completely clueless to what is REALLY going on and everything revealed in Route B, if we withness big revelations like 10+ episodes later, this anime will be beyond amazing. If not, it will be an insult to the game. Either way, this just won't be an "OK" anime.
I agree completely, either this will be one of the best anime from atleast the last couple years or it will be the most dissapointing of all time.
Feb 18, 2023 9:26 PM
Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Dawg I’m telling y’all, I’m taking A-1 staff with time and budget against any other studio for action scenes. Ufo my ass.The whole fight scene was pure art. You can really feel the 86 staff’s impact here.

I was a little surprised they skipped straight to the amusement park today, no roller coaster ride or any of the build up that made that level so eerie and interesting, but I assume they wanna get to the later stuff and with the delays, I’ll cut some slack.

Ikr, whenever A-1 tries they really drop bangers. The last two episodes of 86 were definitely worth the wait and so was the nier ep imo. A-1 knows how to adapt a show masterfully
Feb 18, 2023 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
I like it when it's elaborating on the game, but when it has shit like 2B being able to hack like 9S just because it would be convenient I get annoyed. I like the callback to the first Nier with the sand people last episode, but this felt like a super speedrun of the amusement park. They didn't even have the tank enemy show up for a second. There was a ton of talking in the first half that could have been trimmed down to flesh out the amusement park. 
Feb 19, 2023 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
Great return for the series. I think the CGI looked good this episode, allowed them to really animate the boss' movements and different attacks.
A little disappointed we didn't get any scene of them standing on the moving rollercoaster.

Feb 19, 2023 1:19 AM

Aug 2011
Feb 19, 2023 1:29 AM
Apr 2020
MasterOf69Angle said:
Why did they made 9s so unsympathetic in the anime?His attitude isn't like this in the game, he is more kinder, WTH. And the 3d CGI quality could be better, there is a YouTube channel named 'dillongoo' he makes better anime 3d animation than this and he doesn't even have a big team like A1. At least try to make 3d animation like him or better
my guy comparing YouTuber who got more time doing the cgi with a staff who have less time production lmao. It's not like they can't make good cgi it's just that the production committee didnt give them more time to make it good.
Feb 19, 2023 1:47 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
14 ADs this week but glad it did not melt https://twitter.com/Nakayasee/status/1626509375178256386 but im worried about future episodes if they keep adding more ADs so inconsistent drawings will definitely show up but if they delay some more episodes then AD melt might be prevented and if its 2 cour then i guess they will announce a split cour to give more time for consistent drawings or AD work to happen
Is having more than 1 AD a bad thing?
Feb 19, 2023 1:54 AM

Jan 2009
MasterAdventZero said:
deg said:
14 ADs this week but glad it did not melt https://twitter.com/Nakayasee/status/1626509375178256386 but im worried about future episodes if they keep adding more ADs so inconsistent drawings will definitely show up but if they delay some more episodes then AD melt might be prevented and if its 2 cour then i guess they will announce a split cour to give more time for consistent drawings or AD work to happen
Is having more than 1 AD a bad thing?

more ADs means more different styles of drawings so inconsistency on the look happens normally that happens so exceptions exist like this episode
Feb 19, 2023 3:36 AM

Oct 2019
I'm very pleased with how liberal they're handling the adaption. Otherwise it would just be an inferior version of the game, but like this, it has it's own merits.

They decided to mostly cut Simones written backstory and told it in a more subtle and visual way during the hack, which fits the medium better. I like the way they handle the hacking scenes a lot so far.

The added scenes have been outstanding so far and this episode continues this trend by reaching its conclusion with 9S executing two scared and begging machines. It seems out of character if you know the game, but on its own, it works. It's apperent that the anime isn't dead set on maintaining the characters exact personalities as we've seen with Jackass, 2B and now also 9S. And that's honestly fine as well, as long as they keep the characterization consistent within the adaption.

The only issue I have with the anime so far is the pacing. It feels like everything we got so far should've at least been 6 episodes. They spent almost no time in the amusement park, just like they glossed over a good amount of the build up in the desert. Which is a shame, because the amusement park is one of the games coolest areas. We don't need a big boss fight every episode!

Also the 3DCGI Simone looked ridiculous among all the 2D animation. The model and the animations were good, but the blending was sub-par. Well, not everyone can be Production I.G. But I won't call the show or the scene bad, just because it has some visual inconsistencies. The story, characters and themes are where it's at!

Really good episode!
Feb 19, 2023 3:59 AM

Jan 2023
Was a good episode, i think better than others.
Feb 19, 2023 5:38 AM
Oct 2022
ChrisDC said:
MasterOf69Angle said:
Why did they made 9s so unsympathetic in the anime?His attitude isn't like this in the game, he is more kinder, WTH. And the 3d CGI quality could be better, there is a YouTube channel named 'dillongoo' he makes better anime 3d animation than this and he doesn't even have a big team like A1. At least try to make 3d animation like him or better
He's super fixed on his values in the game too. He's obsessed with denying that robots have feelings because that would make him "the bad guy" 
Even in-game, he's constantly like that, he's nice to anyone who's not a robot though  

his attitude is only like this in route C and D even tho you've the choice to not kill innocent/unharmful machines in c,d
Feb 19, 2023 5:42 AM
Oct 2022
11_BlueSky said:
MasterOf69Angle said:
my guy comparing YouTuber who got more time doing the cgi with a staff who have less time production lmao. It's not like they can't make good cgi it's just that the production committee didnt give them more time to make it good.

They announced anime project years ago
Feb 19, 2023 6:00 AM
Oct 2022
11_BlueSky said:
MasterOf69Angle said:

https://youtu.be/iEGWP0ILRi4 even better, he did it in a week
MasterOf69AngleFeb 19, 2023 6:06 AM
Feb 19, 2023 7:01 AM

May 2019
As much as i love the nier games i can't defend the cgi, it really does look lite it's from 1999.
Feb 19, 2023 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
My billionth commentary that pretty much says the same shit: Was the CGI bad? Maybe a little. Is it enough for it to be the entire discussion surrounding the episode (which was the best animated so far btw)? No it fucking wasn't. Man, fuck MAL and the anime community
Feb 19, 2023 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
am i wrong or in the game wasn't 9s the one that was hesitant and 2b was the cold hearted one?
Feb 19, 2023 8:56 AM
Apr 2020
MasterOf69Angle said:
11_BlueSky said:

They announced anime project years ago
it doesn't mean the production started when they announced the anime lmao
Feb 19, 2023 10:20 AM
Oct 2020
Lets gooooooo I'm so happy that this is back. That boss fight was epic. also rip the two robots at the end that just wanted to see the play
Feb 19, 2023 10:35 AM
Feb 2022
It was a decent episode imo, but fairly disappointing ngl.
I feel like they're rushing through the parts of the game insanely fast and remove some of the best moments just to introduce new stuff that aren't even essential in the first place.
Also, when the game kept the flashbacks and context for some characters only for the second playthrough, it was a great surprise. We don't have that in the anime though, and I understand that they can't really do that on an anime adaptation, but... it's just unfortunate I guess.
YannisSp101Feb 19, 2023 10:38 AM
Feb 19, 2023 10:35 AM
Oct 2022
StateofOhayo said:
am i wrong or in the game wasn't 9s the one that was hesitant and 2b was the cold hearted one?

you're right, ig anime director didn't even played the game
Feb 19, 2023 11:01 AM

May 2021
Tbh, I thought the episode was a bit rushed, I couldn't get any personal attachment to Simone and her CGI didn't conviced me neither, 4.5/10.
Feb 19, 2023 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Eh not sure about this episode, the amusement park in the game was a very nice surprise, first peaceful machines we encounter, there are the brothers, the family, machine on break (best machine in the game btw), machine with a dream only makes a quick appearance in the hack scene alongside other Jean-Paul lovers, the goliath tank and the roller-coaster ride.... Now in this adaptation the amusement park is pretty much pointless, rushed and we get like half a minute of the park peaceful machines and go straight to the songstress fight., zero contextualization. However to anime credit  I did like the machine stage play scene, just like the romeo and juliet we see on a game sidequest, it adds some nice background to the machines.

Also, I'm not liking the characterization of 9S here, especially after last scene with him murdering the mom and daughter machines.  In the game

Good animation, soundtrack can't good wrong just by using the game OST, so overall I'm giving this episode a 3/5
Feb 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Nov 2017
this is fine. not great (yet..?) but I can live with it for now
Feb 19, 2023 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
the little robots imitating a theater piece is quite interesting, but it's also hard to take seriously with their voices and lack of emotion lol

the yorha members have water tanks inside their bodies? dafuq lol
the 4 talked about what happened last episode, the white haired android , and the possibility of negotiation for a cease-fire ... which 9S refused, since his mission is to kill every machine, a cease-fire would make the past deaths meaningless (or not, it would mean less deaths in the future...)

the commander again trying to ask for more help, since using only 2B and 9S might not be enough, but it was refused again
the next mission, to find a missing yorha member, possibly being held captive in that theater from earlier, since we heard the message taling about that

11.47 oh nice song, i've listened to it before even without playing the game
there's the theater scene again, but this time the robots exploded... and behind the curtains something strange appeared, with robots attached to its clothes lmao

the combat started quickly, wth 2B trying her swift strike, but doing no damage
the enemy made a barrier, so they can't escape, and doesn't look like their attacks are doing anything... what's left? hacking time? nope, they can't, they already have a hard time dodging the enemy attacks... and they got hacked instead, but nothing happened

next, some androids that are connected to that monster attacked them, they are being used as weapons while being kept alive, that's why the commander still has their signal
Pod told them to retreat but 2B doesn't want to... so 9S will again attempt to hack
inside, an horror movie worth of mirror images, and tons of "am i beautiful?" voices, while the monster is going out of control chasing after 2B

9S got caught by many flying hands and pinned in a wall, that room is scary
a little robot throwing items away like a girl looking for a dress in her wardrobe lol the robot then attacked 9S, but both of them were pulled in by some vacuum mouth ... thankfully 2B hacked in as well and saved him... 9S then used his sword to hit the robot... meanwhile 2B gave it a final attack from outside to destroy the core

2 more little robots came to watch the play but 9S had no problem shutting them down despite their cries lol he is just doing his work, and 2B needs to stop caring about their emotions

the after credits tho lol those 2 robots were tired of that shit and got the hell out
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 19, 2023 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
Plenty of 2B ass-shots to make up for the long delay, I see. Those cheeky mfs...

Also, I quickly looked up Simone's backstory for a bit more of context and man was it sad. Wish they would have added her poem at the end instead of 9S being a menace to theater enjoyers but well.
Feb 19, 2023 8:16 PM
Oct 2022
I think that those who have played the game probably has an advantage because this anime is just a bit random.
Feb 19, 2023 8:19 PM
Dec 2015
Guys, don't forget to blame yoko taro if you don't like the writing or story changes in the anime
Feb 19, 2023 10:22 PM

Feb 2021
If I see one more innocent robot killed like that, I'm out.
Protesters, assemble!!
Feb 20, 2023 12:16 AM
Jul 2022
Ive been replaying the game and I noticed a lot of references, and Im pretty dang sure that the same boss intro in the game was used in this. 9S seems a lot more hostile in the adaptation too. Especially at the end of the episode.
Feb 20, 2023 2:20 AM
Apr 2017
very good story and animation very SUGOI SUBARASHI XD
Feb 20, 2023 2:24 AM

Sep 2020
It's finally back, very great fight scenes, and I can start to know overall what's going on.
Feb 20, 2023 3:03 AM

Aug 2017
2b covers up so much but is so hot.  She is feminine but a badass.  Not like a "girl power" Western female character.  2b is the best.

9s mans up nicely when killing those bots.  Jackass is obnoxious, she was not like that in the game.

Amusement park theme song is fantastic.  But I wish I could have heard more of the singing part.

[font=""Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Luckman23 said:
Need to adjust the volumes of the music higher.
They show amusement park annd the beautiful song

I agree, it would have been more impactful with higher volume like the game had.
CarbonMDFeb 20, 2023 3:16 AM
Feb 20, 2023 3:05 AM

Aug 2017
Verye said:
Ive been replaying the game and I noticed a lot of references, and Im pretty dang sure that the same boss intro in the game was used in this. 9S seems a lot more hostile in the adaptation too. Especially at the end of the episode.
Yeah he's more cold blooded early on here.  He didn't become like that in the game until late.

SouthRzVa said:
Plenty of 2B ass-shots to make up for the long delay, I see. Those cheeky mfs...

Some high quality shots indeed
CarbonMDFeb 20, 2023 3:11 AM
Feb 20, 2023 3:05 AM

Nov 2021
it's finally time to see 2B-uttcheeks again after a long while...
Feb 20, 2023 6:25 AM
Dec 2017
Overall a really good episode. My only gripes are that they could have presented a better reasoning as to why the boss robot was obsessed with being beautiful. Her partner rejected her and was unfaithful, so she was trying to overcompensate. the reality is that robots are also inheriting mental illness too, and not just the bright side of humanity. Also 9S is being depicted as an unsympathetic character here. He never murdered robot children in the game. This really rubs me the wrong way.
Feb 20, 2023 6:30 AM

Jun 2022
Wow, I loved this episode. This Opera singer of the amusement park seems really creepy but I wonder what is going on with 9s. 
Feb 20, 2023 8:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Amusement park fight this time definitely was a tense/good one, the robots getting killed like that at the end felt emotional, they're tricking us
Feb 20, 2023 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
4 episodes in and I still don't understand what exactly is going on. Also I've always found this shit about feeling machines to be idiot. Guess it's best if I drop it at this point.
Feb 20, 2023 2:12 PM
Nov 2016
This anime isn't cutting it for me, it's not horrible that's for sure, but it's not good either, it's between meh and okay-ish I guess, I have this rated a 6/10 so far.

I never played the game before but this anime seems like it's rushing the events from the game, it's like playing the game in fast forward, I don't know how to explain it but that's exactly how I feel about this anime so far. I bet this anime would make more sense if I played the game before but I didn't.

So far, I haven't been given a single fuck to really care about any of those characters, I just don't feel anything from them, this anime still has time to impress me in the remaining episodes but so far I'm not being impressed, I guess this is the issue in having 12 episodes animes, there's not enough time to flesh out the characters or the story so they need to rush it out but I won't even use this as an excuse since I have watched 12 episodes animes that made me care about the characters quickly, in the 1st or 2nd episode I already loved the characters but this anime is simply failing at it, I just don't give a flying fuck about the characters, really.

At least the OST and the voice acting are good but that's about it.
Feb 20, 2023 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
This adaptation can only be appreciated if you know the original version. I can't imagine understanding anything of it if I didn't play the game.
Still, the direction is way too rushed and chaotic.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 20, 2023 10:07 PM
May 2021
inmersión chavales
Feb 20, 2023 11:27 PM

Aug 2019
It’s back!!

It was an excellent episode

Although, I felt so bad for those robots that got killed by 9s.
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 AM
Jun 2021
Pretty good episode. I don't mind the inconsistent episode schedule if the quality of the episode is good.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why It got hate?

Otaku_guru - Mar 5

21 by Kristiwazhere »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

149 by Seygneur »»
May 27, 11:32 AM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Embient - Jul 23, 2023

112 by SettyLove »»
May 16, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Are you an Anime-only or Player of the game?

Rob7 - Apr 27

16 by Kirito_Sama_ »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

105 by Rob7 »»
Apr 26, 9:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.