Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2021 9:10 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I've just been waiting for them to say the title tbh.
Feb 16, 2021 9:13 AM
Sep 2019
Ashhk said:
Cool they have familiar now with them.
But WTFFFFFF, the drama with the sensei is more and more mysterious, now her mother and the teacher plan to go out together... could it be that Ai is really in love with him and that she was jealous of Koito for being closer to him than she was... I hope it's not the case, and I also hope that the teacher is not getting closer to Ai's mother because it will be easier to target Ai, and now she wants to come back to school, I don't understand why she made this decision, this is so weird and mysterious, I can't wait to see the next episode now.

Can u imagine if AI was actually in love with the teacher
What a twist that would be
Feb 16, 2021 9:15 AM
Sep 2019
mlzu said:
Ashhk said:
Cool they have familiar now with them.
But WTFFFFFF, the drama with the sensei is more and more mysterious, now her mother and the teacher plan to go out together... could it be that Ai is really in love with him and that she was jealous of Koito for being closer to him than she was... I hope it's not the case, and I also hope that the teacher is not getting closer to Ai's mother because it will be easier to target Ai, and now she wants to come back to school, I don't understand why she made this decision, this is so weird and mysterious, I can't wait to see the next episode now.
I think that Ai possibly could have been jealous. I really hope that sensei isn't a child predator though.

I hope hes not a pedo too
Also would be weird to find out A.I was actually in love with him
Feb 16, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
That name drop was so cringy my body literally rejected it. Momoe wasn't part of the cringefest because the title has only 3 words. I wonder if Ai doesn't like like the teacher but is jealous of him for getting closer to Koito and the mother?

Kosmonaut said:

Gomen, user with whom I argued last episode thread about her not being so, I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgment.

She was less annoying this episode... so I accept your youtuber apology.
Feb 16, 2021 9:17 AM
Sep 2019
NocturnSunshower said:
The reason Ai wants to go back to school is to check if the bead chain can make her see Koito's ghost. It seems many here missed her grabbing it after getting out of the bathtub.

Ohh yeaaaaaaaaaa
Oh that be
Oh very
Oh intresting
Oh Koitos ghost will be able to
Ohhh tell A.I what happened
Ohh
Feb 16, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
Groenboys said:
RobertBobert said:

Now imagine that Koito's suicide turns out to be a hoax and in fact Ai killed her out of jealousy of her teacher. Add to that that her mother is a hallucination since Ai killed her too and you have a typical J-thriller plot, lol.
Wihle I respect that speculation, I personally think that is bit ridiculous and does not fit what this show is going for. All the girls are doing Wonder Eggs because they feel guilty for what they have done, even though it is indirectly. The anime really wants to highlight that no, it isn't your fault for another one's suicide. Having the main character Ai actually kill Koito, thus doing something that is actually her fault, would go completely against this message, not to mention that it clashes with the other members motivations.

Also, this is a drama. This anime is more about the feelings of the main characters and how they cope with it, not about "what is the next twist", like you would usually see in thrillers. Shinji, the writer of this show, has written countless J-Dramas, so I don't think he would cop-out with a Thriller ending.

Um, that was totally a joke. Have you seriously thought that I read the suicide show like a Hollywood thriller with an unreliable storyteller?

Feb 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2021
Their pets are very cute xd
I think Sawako-sensei is hiding something for sure, and I didn't expect that love from Ai (⊙_⊙), I hope isn't true...
Feb 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Jul 2019
NocturnSunshower said:
The reason Ai wants to go back to school is to check if the bead chain can make her see Koito's ghost. It seems many here missed her grabbing it after getting out of the bathtub.
Oh that would actually make a lot of sense, im almost sure its not gonna work tho.
Feb 16, 2021 9:26 AM

Mar 2016
VP2003boi said:
NocturnSunshower said:
Oh that would actually make a lot of sense, im almost sure its not gonna work tho.
yes i agree with you, nice theory.

Feb 16, 2021 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
NocturnSunshower said:
thanks for pointing out cause I actually didn't knew why she got excited or let's say changed a bit. This makes sense and is shown but I guess I was unable to catch up on things. You gotta be really careful with such series ahah. Thans again
Feb 16, 2021 9:38 AM

Sep 2020
I really wonder what's up with Mr. Sawaki, he's often quiet and says so little in a show with constant talking so it is hard to get a read on the guy. He doesn't seem like a bad guy we've seen him supporting people but mostly when there are other people around, we haven't seem him alone with Ai showing his true colors. I really hope he was a good guy but being close to a mysterious girls suicide makes him really suspicious.

Feb 16, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2020
Oh man a lot happened in this episode-
Ai mum and the teacher want to start dating (tbh I wasn’t expecting that, so it was a shocker to me)

I hope he’s not dating her mum to target Ai, I really hope that’s false. Ai is more aggressive in this episode, (which I can’t blame her).
And now she wanna go back to school. I’m kinda confuse why, (there’s a lot of mystery’s in this episode).

I’m actually curious about the next episode.
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 16, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2019
not sure why ai wants to go to school all of a sudden. im happy she didn't confess her love to the teacher tho, that would have been super weird
Feb 16, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2020
This writer is playing with us, man... I don't know what to believe anymore.

EggyLeggy said:
not sure why ai wants to go to school all of a sudden. im happy she didn't confess her love to the teacher tho, that would have been super weird

I'm thinking that perhaps she went to the school so that she can see for herself if Sensei was the real evil bad guy using the bead chin. My take is that once she saw him, she realized that he isn't the evil guy, so she will probably use it on Koito if she ever comes...

NewYearSameMeFeb 16, 2021 9:59 AM
Feb 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2017
Was the flower that appeared right at the end, when Ai is running, a yellow rose? if it was, then it means "jealousy"... I'm not sure if it was it, though
Feb 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
Attackergoal said:
I literally felt like she's gonna say I love you to him at the end...
Me too. It nearly took my breath.
Feb 16, 2021 10:07 AM

Feb 2021
NocturnSunshower said:
But hey, she smiled THAT happy in the end, holding the teacher's wrist. Does it make sense?
Feb 16, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2018
_Tamaki said:
NocturnSunshower said:
But hey, she smiled THAT happy in the end, holding the teacher's wrist. Does it make sense?

The real purpose of the beads was kinda vague, however they basically let you see "evil" as well as negative intentions/emotions or something along that line? Perhaps they showed her that there were no negative schemes surrounding sensei during that last scene, making her happy and relieved.
Feb 16, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2019
Let me say it, I just absolutely love this series and it was a great episode.

BUT!

Why the frik were haters even introduced in the first place? They were a problem for like a minute or two, and then they get pets and the haters are never trouble again.

Was it just to show that the Seeno Evils could evolve or have different reasonings to kill or something?

Also, was Ai managing to jump in and out of the egg world, and is that something we've even seen before? Might just be misremembering, but thought you either saved the victim or died trying. Like she struggled with haters for a while, jumped out, got a solution, had trouble with the boss for a while, jumped out and then defeated it.

Weird, but lovely episode overall
Feb 16, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2021
Felisberto said:
Was the flower that appeared right at the end, when Ai is running, a yellow rose? if it was, then it means "jealousy"... I'm not sure if it was it, though
In fact, it may be true...
In ep.5 we know Koito once took away Ai's chance to be the teacher's painting model, and in ep.3 Ai found Koito crying in teacher's arms (cant see Ai's expression right here)...
Feb 16, 2021 10:18 AM
Jan 2019
Felisberto said:

Thought this was a good idea but I didn’t think the flowers were roses and so decided to look into it; my first thought was a yellow camellia, which means longing however (and please do correct me if you think differently) I think the flowers are carnations, and yellow carnations symbolise rejection and disappointment! they can also be sent to someone you wish to apologise to or feel sympathy for. This is just my very brief look into the subject and if anyone wants to correct or expand on what I’ve said, please feel free to do so :)
Feb 16, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2019
Thanks to @viliml from Discord:

.::Bonus Round::.

New Pokemons

The Cure For Every Illness

Rob7Feb 16, 2021 10:27 AM
Feb 16, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
AchromicBloom said:
_Tamaki said:

The real purpose of the beads was kinda vague, however they basically let you see "evil" as well as negative intentions/emotions or something along that line? Perhaps they showed her that there were no negative schemes surrounding sensei during that last scene, making her happy and relieved.
WOW... Really interesting if so. Still confused about the beads...
Feb 16, 2021 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
It was pretty good
Feb 16, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah, the teacher is most likely not a pedophile (I'd say "definitely", but I'll wait until we know for sure). I'm pretty sure that everything Rika says can be disregarded, cause there's no way they'd spoil the actual mystery that way. The only reason everyone here just assumed the worst about him is because he's the only male character in this show and was Koito's and Ai's teacher. Sure, the scene where Koito is hugging him is kinda weird, but it's definitely not enough to come to such a harsh conclusion if you didn't think he was evil beforehand.
If he turns out to be what all of y'all are saying, I'd honestly be kinda disappointed that WEP didn't even try to hide it :x

Another great episode, I totally understand why Momoe is pissed at the other girls. Imagine your new friends constantly insult one of your relatives (that you like a lot) without even knowing him (Ai doesn't talk badly about him after all).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 16, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2019
8BitToaster said:

Also, was Ai managing to jump in and out of the egg world, and is that something we've even seen before? Might just be misremembering, but thought you either saved the victim or died trying. Like she struggled with haters for a while, jumped out, got a solution, had trouble with the boss for a while, jumped out and then defeated it.

There is a time that i am bothered with this lack of consistency in the "rules" of the Egg World.

People deny, but for me, Plot Hole it is.

And it will make even more sense (of being PH) if the show prove itself to be more centered in the psychological than in the fantasy plot.

If all is psychodrama metaphor, then the rules for the fantasy means the least. I remember this from Evangelion.
Feb 16, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2018
Is anyone else thinking that maybe... Ai pretended to be happy in that last scene???
She was kind of shocked when looking at the teacher's feet. It seems she was surprised by what she was doing. But that could be either because she "does" like Sensei (Which would be a SUPER weird turn of events, given the messages the series has been dealing so far with) or because she has a plan to get information out of him???

Either way, this show is getting wilder each passing episode. I don't even know what to think about the thematic implications of this episode, because there's so much left unsaid and deliberately ambiguous. And with each passing episode, I'm afraid this story will all go to shit at some point, OR it will treat heavy themes in an uncompromising way like nothing else has before.

But hell, I can't wait to find out.

PD: That Egg monster was CREEPY AS FUCK!!!
Feb 16, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
Ngl I feel bad for that girl with the eyepatch in this episode she said she was hearing stuff in her head and people didn't believe her not even her parents and they put her in a mental hospital and committed suicide because she had depression but at the end she was telling the truth there was some type of invisible force. This show really hitting deep.
filthyfrank8142Feb 16, 2021 10:41 AM
Feb 16, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2020
mlzu said:
This sensei drama is so weird, wonder what caused Ai's change of heart?

It could be so that he doesn't have to visit her house anymore?

I don't know why.. maybe it's just me being overly suspicious or if it's the show trying to lead my thoughts, but I just really don't trust Sawaki-sensei for some reason. I mean I understand you can't help how you feel and who you fall for, and I guess it was kind of "admirable" to speak to Ai about potentially dating her mother. But it still honestly rings major alarm bells for me. Dating a student's parent while the student is still at the school and while you're still also counselling her for major trauma that involved another student's suicide? I mean Wtf. It just screams so unprofessional and borderline creepy af.

I also was slightly annoyed at Momoe this ep, I understand unrequited confessions can get annoying and uncomfortable, but put yourself in the other person's shoes, at least just try to be a little understanding. It's never easy being the one to step forward and declare your feelings like that, esp in highschool. As long as the other person is being respectful, then I don't really see a reason to be annoyed. I hope we get more development for her soon and why she's fighting.

Good ep, still loving the art style and fight scenes are getting better. Those little haters just be hatin
Feb 16, 2021 10:40 AM

Oct 2020
Mr. Sawaki plays a huge role in the main plot and I'm so eager to figure out what it is. He literally could be anything from a warm beacon of light who assists Ai through her discourse about Koito killing herself, or a deceitful antagonist who is manipulating the Ooto family for an unknown objective.

I'm also super curious about Acca and Ura-Acca. At first I kinda saw them as just the distributors of the eggs, but now it seems like they are becoming more involved with the girls, shown by them watching as the girls argue about Mr. Sawaki. I hope we get more background on them.

Feb 16, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2015
8BitToaster said:

I don't think she was jumping in and out. She failed to complete it the first time.
The "game" ends when the time runs out and you managed to protect the girl from the egg, but if you don't kill her personal-trauma-boss-monster, you don't succeed.

Ai managed to protect the girl on her first try, but wasn't able to deal with the boss, cause they had to hide from the haters until the time ran out.
Then the girls get the little helpers.
Ai tries once again, beats the boss and "wins".
She didn't "jump" out when fighting the boss, that was one sitting. The story is just not told in chronological order (at least that's how I understood it).

The new revelation here is that the girls get multiple attempts at one egg, as long as them or the girl they're protecting survive until the time runs out.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 16, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 2020
Raikiri- said:
I don't know man. I kinda believe the idea of sensei being pedo- . Even though we don't know a thing about this mystery of suicide, I feel like he isn't dependable. I hope I'm wrong. Also Ai's decision about school was out of nowhere and confused me. Good episode overall.

It could be that either Ai wanted him not come to her home anymore coz he is sus. Or she does actually have feelings for him and she wants to distance him from her mother. Eitherway my gut feeling is that he's creepy af and I hope Ai doesn't actually have a crush on him.
Feb 16, 2021 10:56 AM

Jan 2020
yuri yuri !!!!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2021
Am I the only one who finds the teacher creepy though? Like of course I hope he's not a predator but the way he acts and stuff sometimes comes off as predatory, no? Maybe I'm reading into this too much but that one scene where the girl from the egg tells Ai that the boss/monster is "already here" and then it cuts to the teacher???? Like am I crazy or...?
Feb 16, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2020
NocturnSunshower said:

Good spot, I did wonder about those beads too and why she still had them outside the dream world
Feb 16, 2021 11:08 AM
Jan 2011
Kingdom Hearts then Persona then Pokemon or Digimon then Megami Tensei?
Feb 16, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2011
Seeing the egg necklaces made me shudder, because they remember Madoka Magica Grief Seed.
Now I'm less sure if this anime will have a happy ending.
Feb 16, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2020
br-anna said:
Am I the only one who finds the teacher creepy though? Like of course I hope he's not a predator but the way he acts and stuff sometimes comes off as predatory, no? Maybe I'm reading into this too much but that one scene where the girl from the egg tells Ai that the boss/monster is "already here" and then it cuts to the teacher???? Like am I crazy or...?

Nope, i feel the same way. Esp since asking Ai if it's ok to date her mother while still being her teacher/counsellor who is dealing with the trauma of another students' suicide. It's pretty f*ed up and creepy af
Feb 16, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2020
So we reached the halfway point, and the series is still going strong. The mystery surrounding the teacher was teased a lot this episode, but not enough to reveal what really happened. With the way the flashbacks were structured into the fight, I wonder if the show was trying to draw out a parallel with the invisible monster. Because when it comes to predators there's always people like Momoe who disbelieve and can't see the "monster" in that person. And in the last scene when Ai is grabbing her clothes she also has something that resembled the prayer beads she touched to see the monster. So maybe she ran like that because she wants to reveal the truth to others? Could be wrong. I'm just hoping that she doesn't like the teacher lol. They kept that pretty vague.
korix_Feb 17, 2021 12:06 AM
Feb 16, 2021 11:25 AM
Nov 2019
Does Momo wear masculine clothes due to being "Touched" by Mr. Sawaki at family holidays when she was little?

The teacher is 100% sus... Maybe Ai & Koito were being groomed by him and dating Ai's mum is just for cover and access to Ai?

Feb 16, 2021 11:27 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
What’s the symbolism behind ai not being see the monster she was battling in the bathroom? They showed in in parallel as they were discussing her mom and the teacher. Is she not able to see her own demons in her personal life, not able to face her own feelings she’s hidden deep inside?

Anime has become elite just because m night shamylan (forgot how to spell it) got some love

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 16, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2019
This might have been my favorite episode so far. The conflict between the girls over the teacher dating Ai’s mom was very reasonable and reflected their viewpoints well. It doesn’t seem like Ai likes the teacher, but has an unsettling feeling about him. Her going to school with the beads should help test if her feeling is correct. The animals also add a creative element to the battles and my bet is that they will die for emotional effect.
Feb 16, 2021 11:41 AM
Dec 2013
I'm interested to see what ends up happening with the teacher. I like how they're making him super suspicious while not making him outwardly sinister. I wonder what interesting drama will occur between the girls once his true nature is revealed.

One thing that is happening with me personally though is that I'm starting to get less invested in the fantasy action sections. The animation and visuals are cool, but I feel they lack tension and dividing up the bathroom fight scene across the entire episode took away some of its impact for me. Not that big a deal since the show seems to be focusing more on drama now, but I hope future episodes handle the action a bit better.

Still, things seem to be getting more and more interesting. Hope we get some more development for the rest of the girls going forward.

Apr 2016
It seems like Ai, is now going to be actively trying to uncover the truth herself about Mr. Sawaki. That probably explains her decision on returning to school.

Besides that, this episode really threw us for a loop and was once again really well animated. Rika's reaction to Neiru's statement was golden.

Edit: Holy shit I just realized Ai grabbed the prayer beads before running for Sawaki. That changes the entire context of that scene. Out of every episode so far, I think this episode used visual storytelling the most effectively. Tons to uncover from what Wonder egg is showing us instead of what it's telling us.
SeasideLuaFeb 16, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
Hmm I didn't see the sensei doing something wrong so far and he really doesnot look like a bad guy for me...well the point Ai liking him might be true though...this relationship could get really interesting
Feb 16, 2021 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Definitely my favorite episode so far. Not recommended watching at night due to this Egg's boss but the episode was extremely emotional q.q
I am slightly disappointed if Ai really does like Mr. Sawaki because then it just leads the anime to another route :(
Feb 16, 2021 11:47 AM

Nov 2018
I love this anime more and more with each episode, but I really hope that Ai-chan isn't into Sawaki-sensei wtffff so I hope her reason to go back to school is actually using that bracelet to see Koito-chan's ghost 0:
Feb 16, 2021 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
BetaMaleUltra said:
What’s the symbolism behind ai not being see the monster she was battling in the bathroom? They showed in in parallel as they were discussing her mom and the teacher. Is she not able to see her own demons in her personal life, not able to face her own feelings she’s hidden deep inside?

Anime has become elite just because m night shamylan (forgot how to spell it) got some love

Yes most likely that. Ai facing the fact whether she liked Sawaki sensei or not. Something unexpected she couldn’t see before and didn’t know about herself, and the realization of it
XenocrisiFeb 16, 2021 12:02 PM
Feb 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2020
wow we get sidekicks kinda now lmaoo they're really cute

i can't get over how detailed their reactions were. when momo got happy of possibly becoming family with ai she kept jumping aaa so cute. also, kawai's reaction when neiru said to ai that she likes the teacher was hilarious lol i had to keep replaying

i knew that her mum and the teacher could get together huhu

overall really entertaining ep
Feb 16, 2021 12:08 PM

Mar 2020
great episode as always
check out odd taxi
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

414 by KitsuFrost »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Feb 2, 2021

294 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 26, 2021

239 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.