Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 12, 2013 2:25 AM

May 2012
Nice.. can't wait for the next ep between Misaka and Accelerator!

I'm gonna miss MISAKA! She is so adorable. And the faces she make is so cute. I wanna hug her.
May 12, 2013 2:36 AM
Mar 2013

But I do have to say, I find it funny that it was just updated to R-17+. The fact that this wasn't done beforehand is slightly entertaining... But I feel bad for the people who weren't expecting that to happen and were just watching for SOF because that must have been a huge shock.

Just to explain to those people: we are able to enjoy this violence/bloodshed... well to a point because for those of us who already read the manga, we were already severely affected by the psychological effects of these seasons and we were able to see the full resolution and thoughts of all the characters involved at the end of the road. So we actually have a perspective. What most of us are celebrating isn't the violence, it's the fact that the violence is leading to the psychological destruction of Misaka Mikoto that we all know and love. It's a deep season. You just come to terms with everything in it.

This is also way less worse than Index III would be if it were true to the LN's in adaptation (well maybe)... and the rest of Index... I mean think about Meltdowner and Dark Matter... (not specifying anything about that though)...

But... I kind of just noticed. Season 2 for both Index and Railgun give us introductions to two different perspectives of Academy city darkness, even though Railgun season 3 will probably do better...

Anyway, waiting for next episode is unfair... actually...

I'm replying here, don't want to have to post again, but, yes, I agree with what you said.
dnivMay 12, 2013 2:52 AM
May 12, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2012
dniv said:

This is also way less worse than Index III would be if it were true to the LN's in adaptation (well maybe)... and the rest of Index... I mean think about Meltdowner and Dark Matter... (not specifying anything about that though)...

But... I kind of just noticed. Season 2 for both Index and Railgun give us introductions to two different perspectives of Academy city darkness, even though Railgun season 3 will probably do better...

Anyway, waiting for next episode is unfair... actually...

Well even Index 1 had enough darkness,but it was centered around the magic side.
What I want to say is that the Level 6 project that Accelerator takes part in is one of the "softer" tragedies.

If JC ever screwed up n the adaptations is in showing us that both sides are messed up.And the Angel Fall arc but anyway.....
AngelAcceleratorMay 12, 2013 2:48 AM
Accelerator:

May 12, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2010
I fell in love with Accelerator once again! <3
suixdreamOct 1, 2013 10:49 AM
May 12, 2013 4:34 AM

Jul 2011
Araby said:
I can't stop listening to the last few minutes. Her screaming fading into the ending music is fucking delicious.

absolutely
May 12, 2013 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
Holy Crap.

Even though I know already what happens, it still was pretty touching.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 12, 2013 6:01 AM
Aug 2012
Dang, this episode blew me away. I didn't know it was possible to fit so much humor and so much darkness into one episode. And it still meshed perfectly.

Also, for some reason I have this sudden urge to re-watch the Index episode in which Accelerator gets his face rearranged by Touma.
May 12, 2013 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Comedy, blood and a lot of Misaka, what a great mix that is.
Very enjoyable episode, I almost forgot the love/hate relationship I had going on with Accelerator, but this definitely reminded me of his cruel side agein.

Can't wait for the next episode, I'm hoping for an Misaka vs Accelerator showdown
May 12, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2009
Best ep of Railgun ever.

Dat censor bar.
May 12, 2013 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
Accelerator finally makes his appearance. He's a real bad ass.
May 12, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2012
That was the best episode of Railgun so far, absolutely no question. I had hoped that Touma would save her as I can't really remember his first confrontation with Accelerator other than that he beat the teeth out of his face in a similar setting.
It's a shame about MISAKA, she was ridiculously likable in this episode and I really wish she'd made it. Given this episode it's hard to remember the way we come to like Accelerator in Index, we do tend to forget that he killed a lot of MISAKAs before he gained a moral compass.
To be honest until this episode I found Railgun to be a little so-so, but it's shown us that Academy City isn't all about pleasant dispositions and average goings on.
5/5, no question.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
May 12, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
So this emo teenager is Accelerator, that brat really got an annoying voice and clihcé personality.

Also, random guy driving a truck, sees 2 random twins arguing: stop the car, threats them to ice cream? Ok.
May 12, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
ainky said:
Araby said:
I can't stop listening to the last few minutes. Her screaming fading into the ending music is fucking delicious.

absolutely

THIS
I can't tell you how many time i kept rewinding the last 3 or 2 minutes
Perfect!
I swear it looked like she wanted to punch the shit out of him

I loved every part of the episode

And ah so many Accelerator fans, I know all what he goes through later in the story but I still don't forgive him.
KenjuMay 12, 2013 10:25 AM

May 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
qb_cakes said:
So this emo teenager is Accelerator, that brat really got an annoying voice and clihcé personality.

Also, random guy driving a truck, sees 2 random twins arguing: stop the car, threats them to ice cream? Ok.
How did you figured the emo part frm this ep?

That voice won 2 Seiyu Awards.Whats cliche about being the antagonist that beats everyone with his powers?

Kenju said:

And ah so many Accelerator fans, I know all what he goes through later in the story but I still don't forgive him.

Considering that the Sisters were also trying to kill him and that
and so they were also at fault here,I dont see the reason to not forgive him especially after his actions after this arc.

But he still is a huge idiot for not realizing that
something he notes too.The again if he had done that
Accelerator:

May 12, 2013 12:54 PM
Dec 2012
Ray_Light said:

Sometimes I don't really like Accelerator, but sometimes I do like him..
Well maybe after Touma beat him, he'll be a good guy...

Big spoiler:
May 12, 2013 2:43 PM
Aug 2012
Soo.. this is pretty much Misaka's view of the Sisters arc that was already in Index?
May 12, 2013 2:50 PM

Jan 2012
Do people ever read the synopsis of the series they watch?It is pretty clear.

And yes it is Misaka's POV +a lot of new content.
Accelerator:

May 12, 2013 3:00 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
mootjuh said:
Soo.. this is pretty much Misaka's view of the Sisters arc that was already in Index?

Yep. We get to see what was barely hinted at in the Index version and lots of new content, like

It's going to be epic. I estimate that the Sisters Arc will take up till roughly through episode 12 of this season. Depends on the pacing and what they have planned for the second half.
May 12, 2013 3:45 PM
Aug 2010
Best episode since episode 7 of Index II.

Love that they set up a bit of a friendship between Misaka and MISAKA. This way she and the viewer would be affected by what is to come way more than in Index I.
May 12, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2011
This is what I've been waiting for this season. It reminded me Accelerator was such a asshole before the events of Index II. Either way, he is the best character in the series. More Misaka and Accelerator, less everyone else (although bit of Kuroko is good).
May 12, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
This surprised me in a good way, I don't remember this show being so gory before. This had impact, well done J.C. Staff! Accelerator was a asshole in this episode but he should turn into a cool guy, I can't wait till the shit starts to happen. This is getting tense and with 19 episodes to go this will (probably) be good!
loliowoMay 12, 2013 4:27 PM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 12, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2008

Considering that the Sisters were also trying to kill him and that
and so they were also at fault here,I dont see the reason to not forgive him especially after his actions after this arc.

But he still is a huge idiot for not realizing that
something he notes too.The again if he had done that

his actions in the future won't bring back the sisters
The events in NT 6 bring that up when he's reminded that no matter what he does, he'll never be really forgiven

May 12, 2013 11:17 PM

Jul 2009
That was so good.
I have nothing more to say than that.
May 12, 2013 11:40 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Great episode and R.I.P poor Misaka sister #9982.

Misaka Mikoto has 0% chance to win against the Accelerator , it will only be a waste of time.
May 13, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2009
So many feels watching this episode ... I haven't seen something this heart-wrenching since Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica a couple years ago. It really shows the dark, horrific side of the academy city, and captures Mikoto's shock and anguish in such a piercing way.

Also, a little random, but I like how the writers have managed to keep a place for Haruue Erii in the story, even while adapting material from the original work.
誰も、未来を信じない
May 13, 2013 12:47 AM

May 2012
God this was F'n good. probably the best To Aru episode ever. Damn I feel sorry for MISAKA she was pretty cool, gonna miss her.
May 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was astounding. Man I forgot how cruel Accelerator was, he is still awesome him though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 13, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
Unreal, very intense at the end....excellent job by J.C Staff.

5/5
May 13, 2013 2:08 AM

Feb 2010
Now I stopped like accelerator
May 13, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2010
Now I get where we are in Index! Railgun is not only a spin-off but also some sort of prequel.
This episode was absolutely great, J.C. Staff is doing a very good job on everything here. You gotta love the BGM's!
May 13, 2013 3:59 AM

Jul 2011
hmm, it is just me or
May 13, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
kesang said:
hmm, it is just me or

Copy paste from the Timeline of Index Wikia.

The sister that was with Touma that Accelerator later killed, is #10031.The sister here is #9982.
smyro said:
Now I stopped like accelerator
But you already knew his role in the experiment,right?What was shown in this ep that was new for you?

And ripping a leg and throwing a train on you(instant death)is surely way better than reversing the blood flow.
ssjokgMay 13, 2013 4:27 AM
May 13, 2013 4:49 AM

Jun 2011
I just realized, killing one sister every night will still take 54.8 years to finish 20000. Assuming that its already been a year since the experiments started, Accelerator would've had to kill around 27 sisters everyday to have killed 10000 already. Guessing from this episode's fight, it takes 5-30 minutes to kill a sister. So he's potentially spending 13.5 hours everyday killing sisters. Accounting for sleep time and travelling to the difference experiment locations, he probably only has 1-2 hours for himself everyday.

Conclusion: Accelerator has no life.
May 13, 2013 5:06 AM

Feb 2008
I really liked the clone, too bad she had to die. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 13, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2009
Ambient_ said:
I just realized, killing one sister every night will still take 54.8 years to finish 20000. Assuming that its already been a year since the experiments started, Accelerator would've had to kill around 27 sisters everyday to have killed 10000 already. Guessing from this episode's fight, it takes 5-30 minutes to kill a sister. So he's potentially spending 13.5 hours everyday killing sisters. Accounting for sleep time and travelling to the difference experiment locations, he probably only has 1-2 hours for himself everyday.

Experiments 00001 to 9802 were done inside the facilities.They were moved to the outside in May.There are 180 remaining sisters up to #9982 for 107 days.He has a lot of free time.

But yeah during the experiments his life is:killing sisters-> drinking coffee->sleeping and repeat.
May 13, 2013 5:27 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
Ambient_ said:

Experiments 00001 to 9802 were done inside the facilities.They were moved to the outside in May.There are 180 remaining sisters up to #9982 for 107 days.He has a lot of free time.

But yeah during the experiments his life is:killing sisters-> drinking coffee->sleeping and repeat.

After rewatching the episode a total of 13 times, I still think it's pretty much perfect lolz. My only concern if valid is that the subs quote Misaka 9982 as saying I think blah blah blah one time instead of saying Misaka thinks blah blah blah, but that is just being nitpicky, the Japanese dub did it correctly. They really did this episode perfectly. I am excited to see a similar level of animation for Index III, that would be crazy. The level of detail: like Uiharu's room is crazy if you pause each frame. Absolutely everything in the episode is of the highest quality and I mean putting endymion in the background for 3 episodes already is a nice touch as well. My only concern: can they top this performance. They made a pretty much perfect adaptation. If they adapt everything else perfectly than maybe: but it will be hard ;p.

Anyway, after seeing this we should all have faith. That was absolutely incredible.

Accelerator looks way better now with the new animation and we get to see an animated investigation of some of his backstory (not a lot of it), which is still very nice and enjoyable. I feel like Accelerator doesn't always take 5-30 minutes anyway. He can finish it in 5 seconds if he wanted to, he just takes longer (to level up). You haven't seen him when he's trying yet...
May 13, 2013 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
Ambient_ said:

After rewatching the episode a total of 13 times, I still think it's pretty much perfect lolz. My only concern if valid is that the subs quote Misaka 9982 as saying I think blah blah blah one time instead of saying Misaka thinks blah blah blah, but that is just being nitpicky, the Japanese dub did it correctly. They really did this episode perfectly. I am excited to see a similar level of animation for Index III, that would be crazy. The level of detail: like Uiharu's room is crazy if you pause each frame. Absolutely everything in the episode is of the highest quality and I mean putting endymion in the background for 3 episodes already is a nice touch as well. My only concern: can they top this performance. They made a pretty much perfect adaptation. If they adapt everything else perfectly than maybe: but it will be hard ;p.

Anyway, after seeing this we should all have faith. That was absolutely incredible.

Accelerator looks way better now with the new animation and we get to see an animated investigation of some of his backstory (not a lot of it), which is still very nice and enjoyable. I feel like Accelerator doesn't always take 5-30 minutes anyway. He can finish it in 5 seconds if he wanted to, he just takes longer (to level up). You haven't seen him when he's trying yet...

I prefer his appearance in Index 1.Sure he had long hair but not that long and messed.
His appearance IndexIII(if ever made)>IndexII>Index>Railgun.

He can kill them in 1 sec after the start.He takes so long because

What I liked about him in the adaptation is that when the experiment is over he sounds bored/uninterested while in the manga he seemed happy(or that was the way I read the translation)
ssjokgMay 13, 2013 6:04 AM
May 13, 2013 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
5? 10? Way off the mark, Onee-sama. There's more than 20,000 of you out there. Or at least that much slated for production.

Such is the bloody beginning of the Sisters Arc, from The Railgun's point of view. From the moment #9982 bid her original farewell, she was off to her inevitable doom. Knowing the Sisters Arc from the Index side of things, we already know up to what number will the experiment stop. Thus knowing #9982 was inevitably going to die kept me from fully enjoying the light-hearted moments with Mikoto.

R.I.P. MISAKA #9982 (she had an interesting personality) - and all the other Sisters whose number falls in the gap that will come after her. At this point, Accelerator is practically impossible to defeat without the use of a certain someone's h4x ability or getting him distracted in computing something else to even land a blow on him. Even knowing how unstoppable he is in this time frame, I'd still want to see Mikoto "spar" with him as it appears next episode.

J.C. Staff really outdid themselves with this episode. Sure pulled all the stops there.
May 13, 2013 6:02 AM

Aug 2009
SayakaMagica said:
5? 10? Way off the mark, Onee-sama. There's more than 20,000 of you out there. Or at least that much slated for production.

Such is the bloody beginning of the Sisters Arc, from The Railgun's point of view. From the moment #9982 bid her original farewell, she was off to her inevitable doom. Knowing the Sisters Arc from the Index side of things, we already know up to what number will the experiment stop. Thus knowing #9982 was inevitably going to die kept me from fully enjoying the light-hearted moments with Mikoto.

R.I.P. MISAKA #9982 (she had an interesting personality) - and all the other Sisters whose number falls in the gap that will come after her. At this point, Accelerator is practically impossible to defeat without the use of a certain someone's h4x ability or getting him distracted in computing something else to even land a blow on him. Even knowing how unstoppable he is in this time frame, I'd still want to see Mikoto "spar" with him as it appears next episode.

J.C. Staff really outdid themselves with this episode. Sure pulled all the stops there.
You can defeat him now if you use

Of course,only if you manage a one hit kill.

And
ssjokgMay 13, 2013 6:07 AM
May 13, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
And
CIS?

And let's just focus on Sisters arc for the moment. Season 3 of Index will come eventually.
May 13, 2013 6:18 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
And
CIS?

And let's just focus on Sisters arc for the moment. Season 3 of Index will come eventually.
Character Induced Stupidity
May 13, 2013 6:38 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
No matter how many times i see sisters arc.. whenever now in railgun or the parent story index.. I still hate how sisters are being used and brutally murdered..

And 1 of characters I really hate is Accelerator .. makes his return. Well.. he is kinda mad cuz of experiments, so he kinda got "softer" in index series.. since he met quite some people..

But nevertheless.. i still dont like him..
May 13, 2013 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
Even though this feels like a repeat for the sisters experiment . this is still really good !
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
May 13, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Best episode of the series so far. Accelerator's debut definitely made the experience a lot more epic.

May 13, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2010
i did check the manga till this arc but.....

holy fuck

holy motherfucking son of a fuck.

D:
May 13, 2013 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Shit just got real.

Haven't read the manga and I must say this surprised me like hell. I had even gotten to like the clone, she was pretty awesome.

And I think this is the first time we saw blood in all Railgun and Railgun S?
May 13, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2012
yeah... accelerator makes his appearance again. next week will be blast!!!
May 14, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
That was really grim. As someone mentioned earlier, knowing how the experiments end makes it tough to watch, especially when MISAKA is such a likeable, light-hearted, sweet, silly girl. And that 'sayonara' was really wrenching.

I can't think of another show that does such a good job of blending the most monstrous activities with what is typically a fun and happy show.

Weird closing sequence. Haven't seen that before in an anime. They did a good job with the music.
May 14, 2013 12:53 AM

Aug 2012
Well then.

This show just got unexpectedly dark.
May 14, 2013 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
dniv said:

Manga spoiler
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.