Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2022 10:50 PM

Oct 2020
I would've given it a 4 instead of 5 if Loid didn't break that table and that Headmaster didn't get punched. But it was satisfying and also the right thing to do, so a 5/5 from me.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 30, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
Vinsmoke07 said:
So there is a moment here where Anya mentions a mission while crying on her father's lap at the end of the episode. I would so love to brush it off but its becoming increasingly obvious that Twilight is not as sharp as he seems...

Yah... The fact that he is not aware of his wife being able to do combat moves is... something. I assumed that Anya was made aware of the mission(but not the true purpose) or the dialog took place in her head? idk
Apr 30, 2022 11:05 PM

Jul 2010

MVP this episode. Such elegance.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Apr 30, 2022 11:22 PM
Apr 2022
Great episode. This anime grew fast af on me
Apr 30, 2022 11:32 PM

Feb 2008
skittykitty97 said:
Anya almost had me crying 🥺

For me, tears flowed down my cheeks. 😥 Anya crying, Yor protecting Anya, and Loid punching that table (and the mosquito lmao) was heartwarming indeed.
Apr 30, 2022 11:42 PM

Oct 2019
The best episode so far!

It was so intense and I genuinely felt nervous for this family as they tried their hardest, and actual hardest to get into this school. Some things that are true with every episode so I want to get out of the way first are, the music choices were very good, the reactions and the camera helped add onto the suspense and helped bring out a lot of emotion and feeling in the characters and the dialogue felt unique compared to other anime yet natural. What this episode has to offer in specific though is how well the pacing was, there wasn't a second in the episode where I just wanted to skip it at all, it felt so natural and intense, every moment to moment. Even though these characters aren't the most well written and most ambitious, the first few episodes did a very good job making me care for these characters so that when this episode came out, you cared much more about this family getting into this school.

Anya wants to keep her family together so she wants to get into this school, Yor genuinely feels something for Loid and wants to keep this family dynamic going for as long as it can so that's why she wants to get into this school and Loid wants to finish his mission.

I also like they didn't go the cheap route and have the characters win so easily, they actually had a very hard time going into this school which is a pretty good payoff to show how hard it really is to get into this school and makes me care a lot more about them actually doing it.

I enjoyed this episode very much.
Apr 30, 2022 11:54 PM
May 2018
At first I thought 'Man, for a guy that preaches about elegance you sure don't display it yourself', but at the end of the episode I was pleasantly surprised. That was very elegant indeed
May 1, 2022 12:15 AM
Sep 2020
no need to write an entire essay, I just wanna say that this episode was.. e-e-Eh-E-E-ELEGANNTTOOO!
May 1, 2022 12:17 AM
Feb 2019
Tears rolling down my cheeks
beeandwinMay 1, 2022 12:24 AM
May 1, 2022 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
merlin2v said:
Vinsmoke07 said:
So there is a moment here where Anya mentions a mission while crying on her father's lap at the end of the episode. I would so love to brush it off but its becoming increasingly obvious that Twilight is not as sharp as he seems...

Yah... The fact that he is not aware of his wife being able to do combat moves is... something. I assumed that Anya was made aware of the mission(but not the true purpose) or the dialog took place in her head? idk

Hello! Yeah I also got that the mission part was in her head. From the Muse Asia sub, the "or the mission will fail" was italicized, and the audio was louder. The other part of her sentence "I have to go to school" was what she only said. The audio was also lower because her voice got muffled leaning on Loid's lap.

May 1, 2022 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
"E-Ele-Elelelele-Elrerlelrlelrelrlerle...Elegance!" - Henderson from the Muse Asia sub 😆

That scene of Yor letting Loid carry Anya was very cute, then the action OST played with Yor immobilizing the cow, very cool. The other cows moving back lol TT

I was nervous with them during the interview! Teared up when Anya gave Loid/Yor a perfect score, then really cried when Anya cried. Cried more when Loid stood up to that very rude headmaster. Teared up again when Anya apologized to Loid for not being good at the interview.

I thought that we would be able to know that results at the end like how the 1st episode went haha. What's with next week's preview - it looks like some parts are from Anya's dreams
May 1, 2022 12:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I wish people would stop throwing the word "masterpiece" around so lightly. It's such a substantial term that should be reserved only for what are the truly great works of art.

But yeah,

Masterpiece.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 1, 2022 1:09 AM

Oct 2021
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Beexi said:
There was a lot of CG crowd in this episode mmmmm can’t be helped .
The anya moment crying moment really break my heart and how can we not forget about the “Elegance punch.”
There were many inconsistencies in character designs , I think the production was really tight .
Moreover the adaptation doesn’t trying to do anything different or elevating the source material but they are just taking conservative approach.
The 2 split cours makes sense due to production problems the quality literally not as good as EP 1 it’s just going down .
Overall elegance episode had fun and voice actors did a great job in conveying good dialogues

There's literally no inconsistency in the character designs (long distance shots aren't inconsistency) neither any production problems, and only from the snippet for the next episode you can see the smooth animation, so i don't know what you're smoking kkkk

Neither any production problems ??? Are you dumb ? For first episode they had only 2 animation directors and as for this 4th episode they were having 5 animation directors which ended up needing more corrections.
They literally divided the first season in core due to tight production schedule you shitheel first understand that , the split cour is always done due to tight production problems for your common sense .
The CG crowds were awful keep your eyes open and check it out .
The character running were static asf and as for the character design it wasn’t even that far to say it’s a long distance shots 🤦‍♂️ everytime I see loid the character face model keeps changing in every frame with lot of blurry lines, only close up shots were looking good as usual .
May 1, 2022 1:31 AM

Jun 2020
How did this school even operate with its tight surveillance from the start of the interview they're not even interviewed at the moment just walking around and instantly fails just like that

I'm not even surprised they managed these tests with breeze even Anya and Loid look like they saw a ghost in Yor, The tension really is near even Loid's analogy can't compare

Everyone in the Forger family is tensed up, Anya almost ratted his "father" as well good thing it was just a misunderstanding, This dude honestly has a punchable face his past is actually deserved, It would've been better if Loid punched the shit out of this guy but honestly they wouldn't stand a chance against the backlash, But here I say I don't care if it's overused or someone made this joke already Henry's punch is elegant.
May 1, 2022 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
this is my favorite episode so far every second was elegant i really like how they came prepared for everything and the interview was great the last scene with the family was so wholesome
removed-userAug 14, 2022 1:51 AM
May 1, 2022 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
Dawg I hope everyone realizes by now that this series is beyond greatness, I've never had this much fun
May 1, 2022 4:06 AM

Jul 2016
keitwr said:
Dawg I hope everyone realizes by now that this series is beyond greatness, I've never had this much fun

It is good whole some fun. Hardly greatness though.
May 1, 2022 4:14 AM

Dec 2020
ELEGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all i have to say
May 1, 2022 4:35 AM

Nov 2008
GOD, Loid and Yor are scary with there Ready to Kill Eyes.

May 1, 2022 4:46 AM

Oct 2016
I went from uncontrollably laughing to malding to crying this episode.

This school is fucking wild man, but I already love Henderson, what a chad.

Anya almost slipping up with Loid being a spy killed me lmao, that was hilarious.

In conclusion, this episode was very E L E G A N T
May 1, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2010
That was expected from a child tbf.. I mean anya seems a bit above most children with memory so I"m sure she saw something happen to her real mom. But damn this was just too great.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 1, 2022 4:53 AM
Sep 2021
Yes Mr.Folger let those feels in! RIP table
May 1, 2022 5:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Woah another nicely done episode coming from spyxfamily. Mixing bag of feeling when the interview even already began the moment the entered the first gate. As expected nothing can beat Twilight great preparation to even preparing three pairs of clothes under his examining case. Then Yor action against the rampaging cow. Then shitty housemaster which surely so dang annoying till the deepbone, until he's did that, hurting my Aniaa! One elegance punch on his cartoonish face actually quite not enough. Still, lets pray for Ania to pass the interview test and began her school lifes!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 1, 2022 5:24 AM
Sep 2018
Little boring on elegante, but Anya mom part was nice touch
May 1, 2022 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
that fucking old man who make anya crying deserved a big punch from saitama !!!
May 1, 2022 5:40 AM

Nov 2017
FROM WHERE BASTARD MAKES ANYA CRY!!!???

May 1, 2022 6:01 AM
Aug 2021
Best of best episode till now, everything is amazingly adapted like comedy, emotional crisis and that part ELEGANT was too much for me just enjoyed. I can't think of any reason to hate or badmouth it
May 1, 2022 6:12 AM

Nov 2016
The elegance's and spare clothes joke was overused and not funny. But other than that it's still a very enjoyable episode.
May 1, 2022 6:17 AM

Feb 2014
The long week wait for this episode was worth it, as it was rather awesome. =)

Eden Academy definitely lived up to its reputation of being a tough school for students to get in, as the faculty were failing some families for the way they were walking down in the school grounds. As for the Forgers, they took it in their stride, from rescuing a chubby student from a stinking gutter that he was stuck in, to Yor easily stopping a raging cow in its tracks. Good thing the Forgers packed in many outfits, a back-up for the back-up, just in case! XD

Eventually, the interviews got underway and the pressure was pretty tough on all of them. Anya's expressions and responses to the questions were adorable as usual, but it wasn't impressing one teacher, Mr Swan. This jealous sack of crap was pretty much venomous towards the Forgers and his reply to Yor about her cooking skills would leave a bad taste in many viewer's mouths. It's no wonder his wife was divorcing him.

Sadly, he went way too far and made poor Anya cry, which made Loid snap. He barely contained his senses and shattered the table, killing a mosquito in the process, before he took Yor and Anya out of the room, but not before parting way with some harsh words himself. The school headmaster, Henderson, then took it upon himself to punish Swan for his attitude by punching him square in the face. Holy moly, that punch was VERY satisfying. Henderson deserves respect for that move to put Swan in his place. Very "elegant" indeed, one would say! ;)
May 1, 2022 6:18 AM

May 2015
DONT MAKE ANYA CRY! I WOULD PUNCH THIS FATSO THORUGH MY SCREEN!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2022 6:34 AM
Sep 2019
Hontoni... this was a 10 out of 10 elegant episode 👏👏👏
May 1, 2022 6:37 AM

Jul 2021
This was hands down the best episode till now. I laughed heartily like a million times in this episode, this was just perfect, thoroughly deserves 10/10.

The housemaster and his elegance made up for so many hilarious moments, I was literally laughing out loud. We got one more Yor badass moment, loved it and after she's done being badass, seeing her embarassed is so fun lol. But then I think Anya can hear the thoughts of animals too and bro that's like sooo amazing, can't wait when Yor and Loid find out about her ability.

That arrogant housemaster is the second person after bitch/slut in Tate no Yuusha that has made me so furious, they did a good job in making him as unlikable as possible. He deserved that elegant punch. That reminds me Loid kind of had a badass moment too, not everyone has balls big enough to break a coffee table in front of the interviewers of their daughter, especially considering that it is very crucial that Anya gets in or his mission will fail which will be the start of war and well war is bad.

When Anya said she loved both of her parents very much etc., that was so adorable and sweet, that was just sweetness overload, I wish these 3 always stay together and become a real family.

It got kind of emotional after that real mother question, Anya cri I cri but seriously the tear was building up but believe me I controlled myself, I swear I didn't cry. That scene made me curious as to what happened with Anya's real parents, looking forward to Anya's full backstory.

11/10 man. I love this show so much, can't wait to watch the next episode. Spy x Family is the AOTS in my books and a very strong contender for AOTY.
TsutanaiFuunMay 1, 2022 6:45 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 1, 2022 6:52 AM

Apr 2020
When Loid saw Anya crying and mentally reminded himself to be cool that brought me back to episode 1 when he said he hates seeing children crying. Man, this series hits all the right spots.

Anya says that she loves both her mother and father so much because they are so fun was such a wholesome moment. Loid and Yor truly are fun... and elegant!

May 1, 2022 6:57 AM
Jan 2013
Good episode. The scene where Yor disables the bull actually gave me chills.
I am excited to see more of the Housemaster for sure; lots of respect after he punched his peer.
The amount that i'm invested in this family after 4 episodes is astounding.
May 1, 2022 7:27 AM

Apr 2021
Lmao headmaster is more dedicated to screen the father rather than the student.

Yor stopping the herd was so hilarious but at the same time cool and... ELEGANT!

May 1, 2022 7:42 AM
Dec 2021
The elegant headmaster is badass. He is very elegant and the him at the end of the episode mad me jump from how elegant he is.
May 1, 2022 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
That fatass who made Anya cry should go to hell!!! Good thing Housemaster punch him in the face! BWAHAHAH!
5/5.
omg this is now MAL Ranked#2 !?!?

May 1, 2022 7:51 AM
Sep 2021
This anime is becoming more funnier and exciting, episodes by episodes. I really liked how they are "Elegant" and stuffs... And that headmaster is kinda funny. Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode on if they will be able to enter Anya to the school.
May 1, 2022 8:16 AM
Apr 2018
bener bener elegan cokk

loid-san keren banget, bisa nih jdi panutan
May 1, 2022 8:36 AM
Oct 2021
This was quite a good episode i thoroughly Enjoyed seeing twillight or loid forger lose his cool at absolute Stupid behavior From one of the headmasters a bit unrealistic as he is a proffesional spy but character development Is necessary for every show, I personally really liked the character of the guy with "half glasses" Was a interesting character with a weird obssesion with elegance..Absolutely loved the scene where a actual accident breaks out And our assassin Has to protect the people with sick moves with pressure points, Anya makes the cow feel Nice And not scared 4/5 Liked It!
May 1, 2022 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
Fight fiercely Forgers
May 1, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
Aroo-nyan said:
The elegance's and spare clothes joke was overused and not funny. But other than that it's still a very enjoyable episode.

Ah yes thank you your comment sums up pretty much what I think about this ep
May 1, 2022 11:20 AM
Jul 2020
Okay, I don't want to say much, let the score do the talking. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

May 1, 2022 11:28 AM
Aug 2020
The end of episode 4 was amazing, Yor going assassin mode, Twilight about to go spy mode, it was all amazing. Also, the final minutes really reminded us of just how uncertain the family situation is.
Aug 2020
The end of episode 4 was amazing, Yor going assassin mode, Twilight about to go spy mode, it was all amazing. Also, the final minutes really reminded us of just how uncertain the family situation is.
Aug 2020
May 1, 2022 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Emotional and comedic episode, especially about Anya mom backstory and the random appearance of farm animals, and its confirm that Anya can understand animals. Yori pressure points make her super overpowered.

Elegant headmaster punch was as satisfying, compared to Luffy knocking out a Celestial Dragon.

I wonder what friends Anya will make and hopefully more animal interactions?
May 1, 2022 12:02 PM
Jan 2021
Surprisingly the cloverworks episodes rendered better than wit's episodes
May 1, 2022 12:14 PM
Mar 2015
Really liked this episode, I mean I started to watch this anime because it sounded to me very intertaining and a really funny plot but now I have to admit that I'm fairly interested in what it will happen and exactly about what was the experiences that Anya had to go through.
May 1, 2022 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
I know Anya is a kid still learning but what the heck..her answers are hilarious. The first question and her answer to it took me out. Hahahahahaha.
the question: Solve if you understand how to read the clock. What would be the time 2 hrs after the current time?
anya's answer: Time.

I mean she's not wrong. But 💀 Lmao! I'm dead. I would not keep a straight face grading her papers. I can't read the other questions as they progressively get incoherent but all the answers on that sheet are nonsense and her handwriting gets worse. ( except for no.4 ) 💀

That interviewer was a total scumbag. Taking out his family problems on a little kid, what a twisted human
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.