Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 24, 2013 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
Pangeaa said:
I really hate it when a characters power is too fucking OP, it's so booring to watch.
And it doesn't help that I hate "that" character sooooo much.

First of all it's not. It really is not... Maybe it seems like it, but he's not that strong. Anyway, like I said... if you hate him. Then just read the thread I posted. Because seeing you rag on him is kind of annoying if you don't know his backstory... but whatever... its your loss...

It is good and awesome when the MC just beats everyone with his/her OP, in comparison, powers but when "a villain that’s no better than a piece of shit" makes the MC his bitch it is boring...
May 24, 2013 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
Brilliant episode....and it was so strange to see Mikoto so dejected....
May 26, 2013 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
A question for those who have read the novels: is this Mikoto v/s Accelerator an alternate retelling of the "stopping the experiment story" or is it still true that
If yes, do these stories come together in this anime adaptation?
sanjaytsMay 26, 2013 1:43 AM
May 26, 2013 1:29 AM

Aug 2009
@sanjayts
Railgun's Sisters arc is a retelling from Misaka's POV.
We still havent reached the point where Touma even meets

So yeah it will come together in about 4 or 5 eps depending on how ep10 ends.
ssjokgMay 26, 2013 2:12 AM
May 26, 2013 1:44 AM

Aug 2009
ssjokg said:
@sanjayts
Railgun's Sisters arc is a retelling from Misaka's POV.
We still havent reached the point where Touma even meets

So yeah it will come together in about 5 or 6 eps depending on how ep10 ends.

Appreciate the clarification; looking forward to it!
May 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
Well I'm glad the Misaka clones intervened. Wouldn't want Mikoto to be smacked down by Accelerator. :(
Jun 2, 2013 6:39 PM
Feb 2010
CreationBreaker said:

d) Learn to type properly mister. Just because this is the internet does not make it right to always use chat or text speak or poor grammar/spelling.
Strike Three. You're out! Next batter!

Whats wrong with you?
Please die
Jun 15, 2013 8:13 AM

Apr 2011
Oh damn. This and the last episode made me hate Accelerator again. Yet this episode is awesome.
Jun 22, 2013 7:37 PM
Jan 2013
This episode was epic, except when Accel was on the screen.
I feel like any episode that has him in it is worse for it... though I see his power and project to be necessary for the dramatic tension, I don't know why he has to be such a jerkface.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 23, 2013 1:24 AM
Mar 2013
skreyola said:
I feel like any episode that has him in it is worse for it... though I see his power and project to be necessary for the dramatic tension, I don't know why he has to be such a jerkface.

Lol, I agree about him being a jerkface here... :D
Jun 23, 2013 9:55 AM

Aug 2009
skreyola said:
So the part that made it epic was bad?Makes sense...Only in Railgun....
Jun 29, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2013
damn i was a little touch to that clone and now its dead :( i wont forgive accelerator but accelerator was badass
Jun 30, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2010
Pangeaa said:
I really hate it when a characters power is too fucking OP, it's so booring to watch.

If you watch Index II, Accel fans cry when he actually gets beat up for 2 straight episodes ;_;
Jul 1, 2013 1:35 PM
Mar 2013
firejet said:
Pangeaa said:

If you watch Index II, Accel fans cry when he actually gets beat up for 2 straight episodes ;_;

I'm an Accel fan and I didn't cry. Then again. Accel's my #3 and Touma's my #1 (lol).... This episode I wanted to cry though (Mikoto's my #2)... (Shiage is also #3)...

Side note:

It's really funny when people say that characters are too OP in Raildex at this stage...
Jul 8, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2012
Makes you wonder how Touma ever even stood a chance....
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jul 9, 2013 1:59 AM
Mar 2013
TonyC1994 said:

Well We'll see. Won't we. Anyway... I rewatched this episode after seeing episode 13... I interpreted the fight scene very differently... this time from Accel's perspective... he doesn't seem to be that bad... (I know anyone still on episode 6 will hate me for saying this... you try watching this after episode 13... (lol) it might make you notice some things...
Jul 9, 2013 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
TonyC1994 said:

Well We'll see. Won't we. Anyway... I rewatched this episode after seeing episode 13... I interpreted the fight scene very differently... this time from Accel's perspective... he doesn't seem to be that bad... (I know anyone still on episode 6 will hate me for saying this... you try watching this after episode 13... (lol) it might make you notice some things...

Why is everyone treating Touma as a normal boy when he repeatedly blocked every attack from Misaka and even saved her once is beyond me.
Jul 9, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
TonyC1994 said:

Why is everyone treating Touma as a normal boy when he repeatedly blocked every attack from Misaka and even saved her once is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Touma. From what I remember from Index, Touma's ability is only limited to his arm (as of right now). Now in my opinion that seems like an EXTREMELY easy obstacle for Accelerator to overcome. Though I haven't seen Index in awhile so I don't remember how he won the fight.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jul 12, 2013 8:34 AM
Mar 2013
TonyC1994 said:
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
TonyC1994 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Touma. From what I remember from Index, Touma's ability is only limited to his arm (as of right now). Now in my opinion that seems like an EXTREMELY easy obstacle for Accelerator to overcome. Though I haven't seen Index in awhile so I don't remember how he won the fight.

Well... you'll see. PV looks out of this world when you get to it.
Jul 27, 2013 7:12 PM
Apr 2011
I think it's a given that everyone loves a psychopath.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 30, 2013 6:08 PM
Oct 2010
If only Railgun and Index were more like this they'd be alot more enjoyable. Index in particular is a pretty awful.
Sep 25, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
Jesus Christ Accelerator... Taking Mikoto's best like it was nothing. D:"

Was hoping Touma would show up or something.
Sep 30, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2012
Damn some awesome development I really wonder what she'll do next!
Oct 19, 2013 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, amazing episode. The OST during the fight was awesome and the rest of the episode was so fucking depressing. I feel so bad for Mikoto, especially since she can't tell anyone and has to act nice in front of the everyone else. That sure brings feels.
Oct 27, 2013 5:00 AM

Dec 2010
The fight in the first minutes wasn't half-bad, but I guess you can't really expect much when Accelerator's involved.

I can't really see what's gonna happen in this season, knowing what happens in the beginning of TMNI - Misaka was in a really bad state back then and except if this anime doesn't overlap with TMNI's timeline, I don't expect a really satisfying ending for it.
Oct 28, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
What's the name of the soundtrack which played during the scene Accelerator told Mikoto his name? Does anyone know???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fi5e5toMFg

Such greatness...
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Oct 28, 2013 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
Nux_Walpurgis said:
What's the name of the soundtrack which played during the scene Accelerator told Mikoto his name? Does anyone know???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fi5e5toMFg

Such greatness...

Not released yet.I think the release date for OST II is in November
Oct 31, 2013 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Plot that exalts and depresses, a whirlwind of mixed feelings, as involves me! * _ *
Narration on the same line, well set up with a mix of anger and tears, then the BGM wonderful! Lovely design, good animations.
Really thick the characters that surround to Misaka.
Along with the music, even the dialogues were made to involve me so well, so much, for me to ask the question: What and how we can define a living being an entity in its own right? Perhaps Descartes had already understood and had condensed in the famous phrase: Cogito ergo sum!
Vote more than the max! : D
Jan 5, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
DAT OSTT!!!!! <3
damn accelerator.. even misaka know him!
I wonder if accelerator only can defeated by touma or not :/
anyway shinobu show up too.. hmm I wonder if misaka and shinobu would work together.. :3
Feb 18, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2011
overpowered much? not even a fight for him, ive no idea how can a Misaka beat him
Apr 12, 2014 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
Accelerator is so overpowered.
Misaka gets owned...
May 18, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Gosh that Accelarator is so strong,wooow he is very very strong comparing to Misaka,i don't know how she can beat him...
And Misaka is being so stupid & selfish by not telling noone about her problem,the other girls can always help her.....
I feel bad for Shirai,she is so worried about her and Misaka don't say a single word...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
AivanK said:
Gosh that Accelarator is so strong,wooow he is very very strong comparing to Misaka,i don't know how she can beat him...
And Misaka is being so stupid & selfish by not telling noone about her problem,the other girls can always help her.....
I feel bad for Shirai,she is so worried about her and Misaka don't say a single word...
Not talking to them was and still is the best choice she ever made.And no they cant help her.
May 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
belatkuro said:
>ITT: people discussing the novels instead of the episode.
Every time and always the same people. No surprises really but at least show some restrain. Oh well.
Aug 2, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
The fight, and the voice actors during the fight were amazing, Accellerator powned her in no time anyway. Misaka will try to shut down the sisters facility? Aye captain!
Aug 3, 2014 7:11 AM

Mar 2014
i hope there will be a new season :P

Aug 28, 2014 10:56 PM

May 2014
Fucking BADASS EPISODE. Accelerator is an enigma, that is what makes him intriguing. Railgun is so underpowered now lol

I just have to say, I like Misaka's motive for revenge. She is doing it because she "can't forgive those scientists", because she "sowed the seeds and has to cleam them up.". I like that. It's great that she doesn't feel too sorry for her clones. She stated something along the lines of I can't help myself to feel sorry for people who willingly die (referring to the clones). That is good. About time a sense of revenge isn't hinged on altruistic means, but personal means. IF SOMEONE TOOK MY DNA MAP, and used it for means I didn't allow, I WOULD, DAMN, BE PISSED!
Sep 1, 2014 3:16 PM
Sep 2013
Very good episode the fight between Misaka and Accelerator felt so one sided. I knew she would lose but this felt like a total ownage. Accelerator seems even darker than I remembered but total badass. Mikasa going on her own since she doesn't want to involve her friends time to kick some scientist ass.
Jan 4, 2015 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, I didn't remember that Accelerator could handle Misaka so easily. When he said ''Oh, was that your trump card?'', he really hit the nail.

The first part of the episode was really depressing. She came absolutely unprepared and not in control of herself. That fight was totally one-sided, he didn't shed a sweat.

But you know, to me, the second part was even more depressing, because Misaka was just trying so hard to be normal and to not implicate her friends. She's so emotionally fragile right now and yet, she still think about the others before herself. If she continue on that path, she'll end up with irreversable scars.

She have been totally fooled by those scientist. That childish dream she had have been transformed into a monstruosity. At least, a child wouldn't understand what is happening, a grown-up have all the time to become guilty of that decision.

I'm unsure about whether or not the MISAKA tried to save Misaka, when they intervened at the end of the fight. She was really in a shitty position. But they seem totally loyal to the program, so it could have been an intervention commanded by the leader of the project. On the other hand, from what I understood, all the clones are linked in a ''network'' made by microwave, so they all evolve at the same time. Maybe the MISAKA now hold affection toward Misaka.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 16, 2015 12:04 AM

Jan 2014
Really like Railgun's coin attack.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 23, 2015 6:12 PM
Dec 2013
I hope Accelerator dies. :)
Jan 30, 2016 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
Another great episode. I wasn't planning on commenting, but I found that I really just wanted to express my appreciation at how well done the first half especially was. The voice acting was fantastic, and so was the music. Poor Misaka never stood a chance though...I knew that would happen but still. I wish she was able to do at least a little bit of damage.

I got emotional at Shinobu's flashback with the clone. She was so genuinely awed by the world and loved it, but she was just another clone that was going to die. How could anyone think that they're nothing but guinea pigs? They made these clones using the DNA map of a human, right? They all have brains just as complex as the original's, right? How could they possibly not really be human?

I was so angry when Accelerator was talking about the experiment like he wasn't actually murdering people. Would a test subject have fought that hard to stay alive, or dragged itself over to child's froggie badge for comfort before being killed? I was completely understood Misaka's fury.

God damn...if I hadn't seen both seasons of Index I would have absolutely despised Accelerator right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
I thought so. Misaka Railgun attack was nothing agains't Accelo. There's a huge gap between them.

Next episode is Saten-centered??? I will gladly watch it.

3.3/5
Mar 30, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2015
Today I learned that to get one of the sisters, you just need a DNA, cool lab, and a budget of 180,000 yen.

I really can't wait to see Touma beat the crap out of Accelerator and make him an anti hero instead of antagonist.

One thing that still bugs me is that the eyes are completely different from Misaka 10031 or 10032. Could it be visual mistake by the studio? Or something more?

Jun 19, 2016 2:15 AM

Apr 2010
Misaka should have already known that there are scientists and researchers that will go to the extreme to create a level 6 as she did encounter Therestina Kihara Lifeline in the first season who was trying to create a level 6 despite knowing doing so would destroy Academy City.
Feb 12, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2013
Accelerator is so unbelievably broken. Poor Mikasa didn't stand a chance.
Mar 24, 2017 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Damn once again goes to show how op Accelerator's esper ability is..
Mikoto don't even stand a change.. I guess this is where she goes around blowing up the facilities.
I can't wait for Touma's appearance, hope there are new things to see.
Jul 29, 2017 9:22 AM

Mar 2013
Damn. That made want to see the episodes where he got his ass kicked by Touma and Kihara.
Jan 20, 2018 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Accelerator is way more powerful than Misaka for both being level 5. Still don'T see why people like him that much, he's such a douche :o
Feb 8, 2018 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
AivanK said:

what can i say, she never learns

Gator said:
Accelerator is way more powerful than Misaka for both being level 5. Still don'T see why people like him that much, he's such a douche :o

not surprised cause father so on tv a psychopath/serial killer being convicted & in court room group of woman there were waving to him & sending air-kisses acting like horny sluts who want to get laid & killed by the serial killer, when he described it i was like seriously some ppl are that sick in the head
Sugram22Feb 8, 2018 1:32 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.