Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 1, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
That OP was one of the freakiest things I have ever seen. (and lol commie)

What an episode. "I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it." I loved it!
Nov 14, 2015 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Yep, OP was brilliant, scene with Hitagi was intense.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
The first half was very dramatic and strange. I like strange things. Too bad I have to put it on hold because I found out it has tons of preequels. I should see them first.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 21, 2015 8:27 AM

May 2012
They sure are going all out with this one! Really interesting development, yet hilarious and very confusing! Let's see what's next though.
Jan 7, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Love how Hanekawa tried to hold back Senjou.
Very interesting though, wanna know the stories aswell.
Jan 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Sep 2015
OMG, another awesome episode, Owari is really incredible so far!!!
Jun 28, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
Ougi just what are you planning?

And Oikura attacked Ararag and then slapped his girfriendi....Senjogahara....ATTACK!!!!

Big mistake Oikura.
Aug 15, 2016 4:03 AM

Apr 2014
Ararararagi-san... Your poor choice of words and memory is what I question here... He seems to be sooo confuse when all this is within 5 years of time period.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Sep 8, 2016 11:31 AM

Oct 2012
Slightly better than the last episode even though I feel like it still miles away from previous character arcs...
Really, it's obvious she's doesn't hate him, in fact, she look up to him (and that's why she left the school to go by without friends but wasn't as strong as Araragi and suffered because of that). The only thing we can do now is to wait how Sodachi character will turn out. So far she hasn't convinced me out. Has Inoue Marina been directed to talk in such weird way? It seems so.. and I have to wonder why... they probably attended same middle school (and she probably loved him back then, another tsundere type) but significance of this forgotten house is still beyond me.

The only thing that left me wondering was mention of Nadeko but that could be mere "coincidence" that just happened.

It a shame both Senjougahara and Hanekawa feels like largely insignificant for this arc even though it was nice to see the appear again.

And as for Ougi, now I'm almost total positive she's the darkness that pursued Acerola Kisshot Heart-Under-Blade back then in the past (and is still pursuing her now because Araragi has her powers now) as we were told in Monogatari Second Season. The darkness that shifted into new being as effect of something Araragi did during that arc. She kinda reminds me of grail darkness/Avanger if you know Fate/Ataraxia). And she's also a metacharacter, way how NisiOisiN is conclude everything in the end.
Sep 28, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
This needs less Ougi and way more Senjougahara...
Nov 2, 2016 9:19 AM
Oct 2015
This is turning out to be my favorite arc yet. Introduction of Oikura was great. The first two episodes picked apart everything Araragi is and left him unstable. When Senjougahara and Hanekawa come into the room to defend/protect him you really feel the familial bond that these characters have earned.
Nov 10, 2016 5:58 AM
Sep 2016
i am not very into ougi just ok with it
Dec 8, 2016 7:48 AM

Sep 2015
Dam that fight at the beginning was pretty small but two girls ended up down for the count.

I think Oikura he knew since middle school or she went to his middle school and put a love letter in his shoe box which he somehow ignored or etc. He and Oikura could also be childhood friends?
Feb 17, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2016
Nice episode very funny, I really like the personality to Senjougahara, she is good girlfriend for Araragi. I liked the fight between her and Oikura, good blow gave him. #Senjougahara4ever <3 5/5
Jun 23, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
This endcard really surprised me! For those who don't know the girl with Ougi, she is another Nisio's character from the light novel series Boukyaku Tantei Series. Her name is Kyoko Okitegami and she's also a detective! How the fuck no one didn't mentioned this until now?

removed-userJun 23, 2017 10:33 PM
Sep 12, 2017 5:26 AM

May 2014
I lost my shit when Sodachi slapped Senjougahara...and she punched her in response XD
Also how adorable was is that Hanekawa was attached to her waist like a belt? *o*

Sodachi is an absolute nutjob...but she's really, really interesting as a character and I'm surprised at how nobody talks about her.
I'm thinking maybe the reason Sodachi likes maths so much is because there's always an answer. Unlike any other subject, where answers are either ambiguous or can be falsified (in the case of science), maths always has an answer; sure, there could be multiple ways to get to it, but it's still there at the end of the road.

So it kind of makes sense that she hates Araragi so much. The way he communicates with everyone is pretty ambiguous (barring Ougi); he's not a "straight answer" kind of guy and he readily disillusions himself. Yet he's better at maths than someone like Sodachi, when she applies the rules of the subject to her entire life and train of thought.

When this arc concludes it might be right up there in my rankings with Koimonogatari!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 10:16 AM

Jan 2017
Man, naive me thinking i couldn't hate anyone more than i hate Nadeko. Jeez, what a spoiled and absurd and ridiculous girl. Seriously, if i were Araragi i would've left that crazy chick talking to herself at the first moment.

The moment she slapped Senjou i lost it, how does she dare!?!?!?!?!

Maybe what went down in that room and what made Araragi what he is is some pervert thing that has to do with Sodachi? And he doesn't even remember how he came to be pervert? lol.
That would kinda explain how she's so nuts hahahaha.

Interesting episode 5/5
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 15, 2017 11:09 PM
Nov 2015
urghhhhhh lower your damn angst please
Oct 18, 2017 4:18 AM
Nov 2015
boring as hell. I'm past caring for Araragi.
Oct 20, 2017 3:22 PM

Dec 2015
Hate to say this but... IDK what's going on anymore - whole episode seemed really jumbled up. Don't understand: any of the incoherent garbage Sodachi said, what role Sengoku plays in all of this.

Also, this bitch reeeally hates Araragi, to think that she would devise that entire 2 hour "meeting"/trap to shame him is beyond me and doesn't really explain all her current hate when she knows who the real culprit is.
~
Nov 2, 2017 6:23 AM

Jun 2016
THAT OP IS SO TRIPPY. HOLY CRAP. I didn't know that Oikura will be a significant character. New character. Yaaay. Newest member of Araragi's harem? Hehe.

Oikura still despise Araragi and Ougi (I think) helped Araragi realized that even before that class assembly incident happened, Oikura already despise Araragi for idk what reason which we'll find out soon.

That Araragi and Oikura encounter was so tense, maan, you can honestly feel her hatred for Araragi. She blamed Araragi for what happened to her, and comparing how unfortunate her life is to Araragi's.

Jesus, I freaked out when she stabbed Araragi's hand then fuck HITAGI IS THERE. Hahaha! Hanekawa trying to stop her was so hilarious and cute at the same time, then Oikura slapped Hitagi, then Hitagi knocked her out after punching her in the face. Hahahaha! Glorious.

Ougi's iconic line! Hehe.
"This is strange. This is mysterious. This is suspicious. This is scary."

I wonder what's the mystery Ougi and Araragi are trying to solve this time which is apparently related to Araragi five years ago. "Who I met.. and what I was doing. What Koyomi Araragi is made up of."

P.S. Nadeko's name appeared in the locker. She's still insignificant and not relevant. Fuck her. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 8, 2018 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
i actually think Oikura loves him lol cause why would u ask all this questions about some1 u hate
Jan 20, 2018 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
TheDoggoneGirl said:

okashii desu ne!
fushigi desu ne!
ayashi desu ne!
kowai desu ne!

That was really mysterious, specially with the way she talks (lol)
Jan 22, 2018 9:09 PM

Jun 2016
AnimeNoSensei said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

okashii desu ne!
fushigi desu ne!
ayashi desu ne!
kowai desu ne!

That was really mysterious, specially with the way she talks (lol)

I can hear Ougi's voice in my head. Gaaaaah. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 7, 2018 3:43 PM

Aug 2015
I wonder who Ougi really is. She seems to know a whole lot about Araragi.
Aug 30, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2017
Hmm. Ougi remains to be mysterious.. i really wonder what exactly she is..

Oikura is a fucking psychopath jesus. But well let's find out why that is.
Sep 18, 2018 4:42 PM

May 2018
Another great episode. Ougi is creepy, but I like her...

もう一つの大きなエピソード。 おおいは気味が悪いですが、私は彼女が好きです...
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 13, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2016
Things are already getting very interesting and I'm loving it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 30, 2019 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
Oh boy Oikura is brimming of ignorance, adamantly believes that Bararagi didn't go through any issues with his life...Well, he might not have, but he did after she left. Oikura sure is a subconscious self-inflicted victim of her own mindset. Homeschool isn't that bad, really, I had it for far longer than Oikura.
blankApr 30, 2019 7:34 PM
May 23, 2019 8:16 AM

Dec 2018
Araragi gonna face a math apparition.

Something seems to happen between Araragi and Oikura on 7th grade.

And lol at Hitagi covering for Araragi. The boy should be the one covering usually. But in this case the opponent is girl so it's ok I guess.

And everyone seems fine with how Ougi can smash that door with her bare strength.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 10, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2017
That OP is good. Sodachi looks great and all, but she's just crazy when it comes to hatred. When she stabbed Araragi with a stationery, Senjougahara was there and I knew it was going to be trouble. Good episode 5/5.

I'm only disappointed by the lack of Sodachi doujins though, if anyone knows anything, hit me up.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 31, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2018
Ougi knows everything, but prefers to ask Araragi anyway and listen to his version.
This person is extremely dangerous and manipulative.
ENTP aura is really strong here.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 6, 2020 3:09 PM
May 2018
uh, this episode really hits in a different way, really enjoyable so far
Aug 9, 2020 1:09 AM

Jan 2019
Woah she is batshit crazy
Sep 18, 2020 5:29 PM

Jun 2020
Well that was a great episode it was very entertaining.

And I also like the scene where Oikura saying her anger to Araragi and when Senjougahara came in it was like an intense scene right there and the effort of what Hanekawa did was very cute and at the same time I was laughing lol.

This was a very interesting episode 5/5 I enjoyed this so much.
Sep 30, 2020 2:06 AM
Mar 2018
euler girl was freaking out a lot lmao. idk why she is so passionate and angry haha. and the slap and punch was funny
Oct 26, 2020 6:57 PM

Apr 2019
Oikura's OP is pretty cool, and those visuals are quite mesmerizing.

Hanekawa hanging onto Hitagi was pretty funny, and I was a little surprised to see Hitagi actually punch Oikura - don't know if she really deserved it, but you can't just hit Hitagi and not get decked in the face for it.

I find it odd how whenever Ougi is filling a character in on something, they don't exactly recall it but just go along with it. Either way, it doesn't sit well with me.

So something most likely happened between Koyomi and Oikura back in elementary that made Oikura despise Koyomi.

Nov 1, 2020 4:33 PM
Apr 2017
Best opening in the whole series, IMO. Such a sultry voice.
Apr 2, 2021 8:43 AM

Oct 2016
That OP was so fucking trippy damn, it was great. Fantastic episode! Oikura is such an interesting character, her hate rant was so fucking good and made sense. Senjougahara coming in though was very hype, I wonder how Oikura helped Senjougahara, well it doesn't matter anymore, she got socked lmao. Hanekawa holding back Senjougahara was so adorable, I love Hanekawa and Senjougahara's relationship.

Ougi said something pretty interesting, that she probably only came to be recently. And Ougi saying something that Araragi doesn't even remember but he still goes along with it is also interesting. Oikura is definitely the person Araragi found in that abandoned house or something.

I knew that middle school was familiar, it was also Nadeko's middle school. I wonder what happened back in middle school for Oikura to hate Araragi so much.
Sep 4, 2021 2:06 AM
Aug 2021
Damn Oikura's rant was hateful with a passion. That OP was quite psychedelic.
Senjougahara falling down a few seconds after being slapped by Oikura was funny.

So Araragi and Ougi visit an old ruined building that Araragi used to go to as a middle schooler. Looks like something happened between Oikura and Araragi back then that caused her to despise him ever since. For some reason Araragi blurts out everything when he's around Ougi. Does she have any powers or something?
Sep 4, 2021 2:07 AM

Jun 2020
really good episode, loved the op/ed combo

hyped for the next episode
Apr 14, 2022 6:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I must say that this arc certainly is looking to be the most interesting one for me so far. I've been intrigued before, but not this much yet.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 19, 2022 5:20 AM

Jan 2015

May we really?

I doubt it, haha.

Holy shit, this motherfucking scene. Was so cold I could feel it, then you see the visual exaggeration of how hard her words were, hahaha, hilarious and dramatic. Araragi's casual way of saying hi definitely felt like how I would have approached such a situation, was very in character for him, laughed heaps. But yeah, her outburst, constant ambush of incredible looking scenes, while these two were some of my favourites (latter being a colour scheme as well as shading style I really love, oh man), all were incredible looking. Studio Shaft really went all out.

Bahahahahaha, she's amazing.

Me behind. Senjougahara's entire scene here was hilarious and probably my favourite moments of her since the twelfth episode. Yeah, good stuff.

Difference of damage, hahahaha, let's go.
Aaah, shoot, such an awesome looking episode. Onslaught of screenshots, go!

WAIT A SECOND! WOW, it only clicked now, I had a feeling this art style was familiar... Cat Soup! Great movie.

All out on the art style of Powerpuff Girls here, hahaha.

Really loved this whole episode, went through a whole variety of emotions from intrigue to excitement to worry (Sengoku mention...), plenty of hilarity. Awesome episode, great arc beginning, really looking forward to finding out more about Araragi's past and working out this new character.
Ougi is still... suspicious. Don't trust her. Was fun hearing Araragi's confusion about talking to her, it's been a while since that trait of conversations with her was addressed but I've been thinking of it this whole season with how the talks play out.
Bloody amazing series. Didn't even mention how cool the new opening is! A whole lot to talk about, could keep going honestly, really liking this season.
Sep 18, 2022 11:09 PM
Oct 2020
I like so much about this episode, but for now I'll just focus on the OP. I was blown away by the geometrical references and just stunning artwork. There's even an animated hypercube! There was a time when I was absolutely obsessed with drawing these 2D representations of a 4D object. And in this case there's a time component as the cube spins in on itself, so it's really 3D. So yeah, I'm totally onboard with this arc now. The story is really great as well. It feels like there are many layers to Ougi that we have yet to see. So I'm interested to find out how this arc unfolds.
Mar 26, 2023 6:11 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't expect the teacher to be the culprit. Interesting.
The more you hate, the more you love. Araragi should try to hit on Oikura. I have a feeling he could reach 3rd base with her easily.
Dec 10, 2023 4:59 PM

Nov 2023
Oikura Sodachi is an annoying character
Apr 4, 9:32 AM

May 2021
Oikura's crazy. Senjou owning her ass felt so deserved. She did make the smart choice of passing out as well.

Hanekawa's efforts to stop her though, lol.

I'm thinking she confessed or something but he would probably remember that sort of thing.

May 8, 5:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Once again, not a great first impression for Oikura lol, this girl has gone mad, she entered her edgy phase late instead of in middle school, I don’t doubt she’s probably a redditor too lol. Her lashing out at Araragi was a bit silly imo but I do like her enthusiasm, and stabbing Araragi was the one thing she shouldn’t have done with Senjougahara in the vicinity, Oikura really thought she stood a chance lol, that was a great bit. But what Oikura said about Araragi’s middle school era led us back there with Ougi in tow, and I’m honestly not against this at all, I’ve come around on Ougi, I don’t even care if she’s a villain, she’s just a funny little sleeves creature, loved her posing on that car lol.

But beyond this we find ourselves in a dilapidated house that Ougi broke into which is apparently connected to Araragi’s past as well, and I’m guessing this will come back to Oikura at some point giving this arc is supposed to be about her, hoping she gets redeemed somehow because right now she’s got a stick up her ass and it’s gonna take King Arthur to pull it out lol. But for this short arc we got a very cool OP, I’ll give Oikura one thing, she knows how to jam, it’s just a shame it’s only for two episodes.
TheColonel76May 9, 6:56 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

186 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

121 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.