Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 18, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
qb_cakes said:
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
qb_cakes said:
CreationBreaker said:
qb_cakes said:
Don't get why they're making such a big fuss about that project.

You're gonna have to explain this. Level 6/SYSTEM is pretty much supposed to be Academy City's end goal. Of course, achieving Level 6 is a big deal for Academy City.

Why would id be so wonderful to have a level 6 around there?
It wouldn't be so much safe having a psycopath with maximum powers walking around there.

Read the first part of the following To Aru Wiki Article about Level 6/SYSTEM
SYSTEM/LEVEL 6

SYSTEM, without going too deep into the plot or future events, is a central element to the Superintendent( of Academy City)'s plan. At the same time, it is an enticing concept for scientists. Kinda like the Higg's Boson was for physicists until last July.
Lets say that all of this(about SYSTEM) dont exist,why wouldnt they want a new truly overpowered and invincible weapon?

Because it would be hard to control?
It's not a machine so chances it will obey you are minimal considering it can destroy you at any moment.

He already has the power to single-handedly destroy the world's science side(except one building,probably) and he already does whatever he is told in case you missed it.And no he isnt crazy enough to start killing those that pay for his food,water and other needs.
And they(Board of Directors,Academy City's General Superintendent) know his personality very well so they know he wont go on a rampage just because.
May 18, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
spiritworld said:
This is definitely the best episode so far.
That establishing shot of the scenery of academy city was beautiful.

I'll admit that if it wasn't for the novels or index II I would probably be despising accelerator after this episode.

This. 5 and 6 were great. I didn't necessarily dislike Accelerator at first, but I didn't end up rooting for him until Index II. Unfortunately, I can't consider him a badguy anymore after seeing him and Last Order.

With that said, it's nice to see the story before that being told. So far, I think Railgun S may be my first 10/10 anime. Granted, we're only a quarter through, but I'm really liking how it's shaping up. The animation is great and they're hitting the action and breathers at a good balance. The only thing I'm not feeling are the OP/ED's. I liked Index's first OP, this one's OP, and Dear My Friend, but the rest haven't resonated well. :/
ZobaMay 18, 2013 2:03 PM
May 18, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
qb_cakes said:

Because it would be hard to control?
It's not a machine so chances it will obey you are minimal considering it can destroy you at any moment.

The Superintendent of the Board of Directors (Aleister) knows how to control Accelerator within an allowable margin of error. THAT is all that matters in Academy City.

If you want to know more about the point of Level 6/System-look at the link I put in Post 96.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
Great chapter, now i like misaka a bit more :D
May 18, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2012

I wonder what they will show in the upcoming episodes since if you have watched Toaru Majutsu no Index then you know what will happen at some points.
It will be fun to see what they will show us.
NerdGenMar 18, 2014 2:20 PM
May 18, 2013 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
Because it wouldn't be an episode discussion thread without blatant spoilers everywhere.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 18, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Araby said:
Because it wouldn't be an episode discussion thread without blatant spoilers everywhere.
What SYSTEM is ,was already stated in Railgun season 1.
May 18, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
damn accelerator shat on misaka. wheres touma when you need him
May 18, 2013 4:12 PM
Feb 2012
damn... that was epic... i like how in the first season not a single drop of blood was wasted, and now we see a LEG!!!
May 18, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
ssjokg said:

He already has the power to single-handedly destroy the world's science side(except one building,probably) and he already does whatever he is told in case you missed it.And no he isnt crazy enough to start killing those that pay for his food,water and other needs.
And they(Board of Directors,Academy City's General Superintendent) know his personality very well so they know he wont go on a rampage just because.

Exactly. He may be a psychopath, but he's still a gentlemen.
May 18, 2013 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Araby said:
I'm talking about everyone talking about Accelerator, whom I know nothing about. These threads are operating under the assumption that everyone has seen Index.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 18, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
This season went straight for the jugular and I couldn't be happier. Great stuff so far.
May 18, 2013 9:47 PM

Oct 2012
Need Touma faster XD
And Accelerator gonna be a good guy..
"Signature removed"
May 18, 2013 9:59 PM

Dec 2011
loved this episode, I loved Misaka's rage moments, great seiyuu's work...
and Accelerator is so fucking badass
May 18, 2013 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
Araby said:
ssjokg said:
Araby said:
I'm talking about everyone talking about Accelerator, whom I know nothing about. These threads are operating under the assumption that everyone has seen Index.
His powers,that are excessively "spoiled" arent going to ruin your excitement if anything it would make it better.His powers arent explained in depth at all in Railgun because you are supposed to know about him from Index(novels).And even then we didnt spoil what he will use later in Railgun's eps.

Everything else is about Academy City being able to control him,(since some users want to make it appear that he and/or the Level 6 Shift is BS just to have an antagonist)which should have been obvious since he didnt just kill Mikoto or any other clones and follows the schedule someone else made.
ssjokgMay 19, 2013 4:05 AM
May 19, 2013 12:04 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Great episode ! It was hard to see Misaka Mikoto losing so badly.

Accelerator is most overpowered character in Index and Railgun!
May 19, 2013 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Accelerator is most overpowered character in Index and Railgun!
That's easily
May 19, 2013 12:51 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Until now, inside of the anime, there was noone who actually could defeat him, after
May 19, 2013 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Until now, inside of the anime, there was noone who actually could defeat him, after
Spoilers from Index anime:
ssjokgMay 19, 2013 1:11 AM
May 19, 2013 1:15 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
]Spoilers from Index anime:

May 19, 2013 1:32 AM

Aug 2009
Cyanwasserstoff said:
ssjokg said:
]Spoilers from Index anime:

May 19, 2013 3:53 AM

May 2007
Okay I was annoyed with this series being primarily about the Sisters Arc but after watching episode 05 and 06 back-to-back, I have accepted the nature of this series and will be embracing it. Those 2 episodes were brilliant in that it sets up Railgun's mission in destroying those 20 facilities and getting rid of the seeds she sowed unintentionally. :D

Only problem is that the preview for the next episode, suggests the series will return to being slow-paced again.
May 19, 2013 3:58 AM
Mar 2013
JCDRANZER said:
Okay I was annoyed with this series being primarily about the Sisters Arc but after watching episode 05 and 06 back-to-back, I have accepted the nature of this series and will be embracing it. Those 2 episodes were brilliant in that it sets up Railgun's mission in destroying those 20 facilities and getting rid of the seeds she sowed unintentionally. :D

Only problem is that the preview for the next episode, suggests the series will return to being slow-paced again.

Probably, but I'm sure that we will see her doing what you just said next episode. I'm guessing we'll see item at the end of next episode (very brief scene).

Anyway, for those people hating on Accelerator and not able to understand him as a character. I am making another thread and will put a link here. It has some spoilers to his backstory which explains why one can definitely understand how we turned out. I am not justifying his actions by saying they are good; I am justifying why he would do them. It also explains some other things... so just check out this link if you are interested and hate Accelerator too much...
dnivMay 19, 2013 4:14 AM
May 19, 2013 4:00 AM

Nov 2009
Brilliant episode!!!

That fight was pretty one-sided with Accelerator hardly using any effort to fight off Misaka. I felt sorry for the Misaka's from the project and I guess it was surprising to see that Nunotaba, Shinobu realize that the Misakas' are more human than her. Seems like Misaka has made her mind up and she is planning to destroy the research facilities. This is getting to the specific stages from the manga and I'm looking forward to see how the anime approaches this arc. We should be seeing ITEM pretty soon too!!

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

May 19, 2013 6:02 AM
Nov 2010
J.C. staff seems to be on a roll. Really great visuals and direction in these past 2 episodes. Looking forward for more.
May 19, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the little showdown between Misaki and Accelerator. This guy is freaking creepy but somehow still awesome... Can't really decide whether I should hate or love him
May 19, 2013 12:13 PM

Feb 2009
Yurireviews said:
I loved the little showdown between MisakiMisaka and Accelerator. This guy is freaking creepy but somehow still awesome... Can't really decide whether I should hate or love him
Fixed. How people easily mistype Misaka's name to be Misaki is beyond me.

And I'm pretty sure that if our Queen had a showdown with Accel, she'll lose flatout. That is if she plays fair which she doesn't. So it's probably anyone's game if they do face each other.
May 19, 2013 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
belatkuro said:
Yurireviews said:
I loved the little showdown between MisakiMisaka and Accelerator. This guy is freaking creepy but somehow still awesome... Can't really decide whether I should hate or love him

And I'm pretty sure that if our Queen had a showdown with Accel, she'll lose flatout. That is if she plays fair which she doesn't. So it's probably anyone's game if they do face each other.

I always write Misaki... where do I have that name from? Oh well thx for correcting and yes our queen would most likely lose even if she doesn't play fair but maybe Touma will help her out a little.
May 19, 2013 12:31 PM

Oct 2011
Too bad Misaka couldn't make a dent on Accel. Accel was OP for her. But when a certain someone appears and puches Accel to the curve XD

Great background info on Shinobu about the sister project ' Misaka finding her resolve again to end the Sister project for good.

Will ITEM appear next week??
May 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
Yurireviews said:
belatkuro said:
Yurireviews said:

I always write Misaki... where do I have that name from? Oh well thx for correcting and yes our queen would most likely lose even if she doesn't play fair but maybe Touma will help her out a little.

Misaki is the Queen's name....

AnimeFan500 said:

Will ITEM appear next week??
Probably in the very end of the ep.
ssjokgMay 19, 2013 2:31 PM
May 19, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Even her railgun didn't give Accelerator even a scratch. No wonder Misaka warned Touma about him in Index I.

I really like how the show's dealing with the whole psychological aspect to this whole experiment.

May 19, 2013 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
I'm LOVING this season so far. This episode had everything I love about Railgun - including reminding us how great friends the girls are. Misaka's pain was portrayed perfectly. I loved this episode.

I don't hate Accelerator - probably because I know he improves later on. I remember hating him during Index I though.
May 19, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
Perfect!
This season will be a lot better than Railgun 1!
I love you Accelerator!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Railgun is so much better than Index. At least the anime adaptation is. I've never read any of the novels but man, I remember Index being executed extremely poorly, but had some pretty cool characters.
May 19, 2013 7:43 PM

Dec 2009
That intense screaming and battle! I loved it! Probably my most favorite battle and serious scene of Mikasa.
May 19, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
accelerator pwns!!!!!
May 20, 2013 12:52 AM

May 2012
Not the best episode, but a great set-up for the following ones.

4/5.
May 20, 2013 2:37 AM

Aug 2011
Ah mah gawd, more Accelerator action, loved it. And the way the he introduced himself to Misaka while this really good OST played in the background just made the episode for me.

This episode portrayed the terror Misaka has to face with Accelerator really well, and the animation was great as well. Really looking forward to more of this, and the face impression on Misaka's face pretty much tells how she feels when her most prominent attack did nothing on Accelerator. He seems pretty invincible doesn't he?

Our favorite Engrish speaking woman returns in this episode. I find it really funny to listen to hear, and sometimes I struggle to take her seriously. Regrerrabry.

The Kuruko outrage when Saten tells her that she might be out with a boy, haha priceless.

The episode wrapped up really sweet, and by the preview it looks like there might be some fillers coming up.

May 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Jul 2011
Cheats are not allowed. ban4life
May 20, 2013 5:01 AM

May 2010
Mikasa did put up a good fight but she is still not enough against the power of Accelerator
May 20, 2013 5:47 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Enjoyable.. but i wanna Touma to show his face once in a while at least.... well story is same as index, but its from Misakas perspective.. so mby Touma will show up eventually at the bridge and help Misaka bout Accelerator
May 20, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2010
Accel's voice was sooo damn sexy when he was introducing himself to Mikoto (fangirl mode: on)! *U*
Good episode, but the previous one was much better for me :>
suixdreamMay 20, 2013 7:32 AM
May 20, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
A very rude awakening to a grim reality. The face off of two of Academy City's level 5s was as one-sided as one matchup can get. Despite Mikoto being the third strongest out of every esper in the city, Accelerator clearly demonstrated just how big the gap is between him and everybody else (no idea about how strong #2 is, but he's #1 cause he's just that untouchable) due to the nature of his ability. Truly, if one wants to land even a scratch on him, more power will simply not work... but more creativity, resourcefulness and a good understanding of how his power works will help. Apart from a certain somebody's power-cancelling h4x, of course.

The previously unflappable Mikoto just had a harrowing, unforgettable and life-altering experience. Her reaction to the considerably traumatic experience of seeing someone who looks exactly like you and is made up the same flesh, blood and DNA as you get brutally murdered is understandable. Fortunately, she has wonderful friends who really care for her - but this may be one instance where even they might not be able to help. A series of trials that she may have to (and would prefer to) face alone.
May 21, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
SayakaMagica said:
Despite Mikoto being the third strongest out of every esper in the city,

Level 5 espers aren't ranked by how powerful they are, the meaning of their ranking is different, although normal people on the academy don't know about that. Misaka isn't the 3rd strongest, although she's really close to that number ;-].
May 22, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2011
dniv said:
...Her saying: "I don't consider my clones humans" is really making me hate on her in the meantime... I know she gets much better, but J.C. staff is doing an excellent job of making her flawed. It's excellent character development, but definitely doesn't feel like her or any of what I've seen of her animated.

the [UTW-Mazui] sub has it as "I don't want to accept my clones as humans" and "I don't want to help people who calmly accept getting slaughtered".

i haven't read the manga or LNs so if you mean "making her flawed" and "doesn't feel like her" in the sense that she got zero character development in the manga & LNs then i understand. but if you mean her simple desire to be able to care less is a flaw and doesn't seem like her, then i'd disagree.

she's being drowned in painful emotion and wishes she could not care. i don't really consider that a flaw or un-biribiri-like at all.

but yeah, either way you look at it, it was another great episode. =)
May 22, 2013 10:27 PM
May 2013
4.5/5 for episodes 5-6.
JC Staff is really pulling out all the stops this season.

It's a big improvement from the first season, and it simply surpasses the Railgun manga in the level of immersion that it can produce. The music, the animation, the direction, Accelerator being a crazy bastard, all just wonderful.

I do have a couple of very minor gripes though.

I don't feel that the anime got Mikoto's expressions right, especially the eyes. JC Staff seems to be a bit reserved about making her look like she's losing her composure. I'm not a fan of the manga's art, but it is better in this aspect. The censorship was also a bit too blatant for my taste, especially in the scene where the clone was crawling on the ground and there was this huge black bar covering the point where her leg was severed.
May 22, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
I guess they're hesitant to anime Misaka with a face of pure rage and despair. Considering how was Railgun 1, it must be shocking enough to see this kind of slaughter for this show's fan. Some were looking to see Uiharu and co all cute and they had a pure slaughter even if it is softer than the manga.
May 23, 2013 6:43 AM

Oct 2010
I though the show was going to just focus on been a SoL and fanservice but this is really good. Hopefully they will keep it like this.
huh?
May 23, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2011
I really hate it when a characters power is too fucking OP, it's so booring to watch.
And it doesn't help that I hate "that" character sooooo much.
May 24, 2013 8:06 AM
Mar 2013
Pangeaa said:
I really hate it when a characters power is too fucking OP, it's so booring to watch.
And it doesn't help that I hate "that" character sooooo much.

First of all it's not. It really is not... Maybe it seems like it, but he's not that strong. Anyway, like I said... if you hate him. Then just read the thread I posted. Because seeing you rag on him is kind of annoying if you don't know his backstory... but whatever... its your loss...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2013

219 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 12, 2013

499 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.