Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this episode had some minor drama but also its charm between the main cast as usual. Using a rice cooker to make their meals is also a smart move.

Episode did get a bit weird with Shizuru being captured..and zombies? Lol, some things in this show defies common sense so just roll with it.
May 6, 5:30 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another bizarre episode. You never know that's going to happen next, and that's the best about this show.

Zombies! :O Poor Shizuru.

I didn't expect all that drama, but I don't mind. I often like it when things get a bit spicy. And now we know why Yoka went to Ikebukuro.

SerafosMay 6, 8:06 AM
May 6, 5:46 AM

Apr 2016
So, Shizuru had a fight with Yoka, the night before Yoka disappeared ... because Shizuru did not wanted to "lose" Yoka to her big dreams she had about astronomy and all that .... and beacsue all Shizuru ever knew was being normal, and strive for normal things, she and Yoka had an argument over it.

Now the question is, what then, what will Shizuru's gonna do when she reaches her destination ... Oh and zombies ? xD
May 6, 5:50 AM
Jun 2020
I get that they're trying to add some drama to the show, but Shizuru in the flashback was entirely out of character-- it's like the show doesn't know what to do with its characters because they're all really archetypal. Love drama in anime, but it feels super forced here
Watch more seasonals!
May 6, 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
The girls having a argument was somehow interesting to watch it gives a bit of a different perspective but separating wasn't a good idea.
The zombie part was intense but Shizuru was saved just in time.
And now the question is how are they going to save her if they can find Shizuru in the first place.
May 6, 6:23 AM

Mar 2023
Most normal episode yet, just zombies, you water them when they're dry and move them around so they rot as slow as possible.

I like how I never know what the next episode will be, makes it so much more exciting.
May 6, 6:23 AM

Apr 2022
Jesus H Christ, Shizuru, there's not much reason left to defend you after learning you said all that insensitive shit... Hoping a mushroom grows out her butt next week.
May 6, 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
Kiyose's zombie huh!? They did skip a lot of stations in this episode. And we still don't know what the stations with an empty circle symbol really have. They also skipped the talking sushi in Tokorozawa, I really want to know about it.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 6, 6:45 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to RainbowToffee
I get that they're trying to add some drama to the show, but Shizuru in the flashback was entirely out of character-- it's like the show doesn't know what to do with its characters because they're all really archetypal. Love drama in anime, but it feels super forced here
@RainbowToffee She has an obsessive connection/love relation with Youka, which was the case from the start. Leaving town as soon as possible to go after Youka without even telling her other friends.
She doesn't care what dream Youka has as long as it doesn't cause them to be apart. So she need Youka's ambition to tone down, hence why she can not accept a dream like that.
Trying to get her to back down from this doesn't work, she would rather put her life in danger than accept a world where she is disconnected from Youka.
May 6, 7:34 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode I wasn't expecting to see drama between the girls but it does add to the story well. Poor Shizuru though being kidnapped by Zombies
May 6, 8:15 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ah, so that's why Yoka and Shizuru fought, the latter was stating her opinion in an inconsiderate way and didn't think of how it would come off in the other side. I understand her point but that's no excuse for shitting on her aspirations, she should do her best and see for herself if it works or not. Sure, Yoka left on whim but I can hardly blame her for how she could have felt and how reserved she was with the rest.

Regardless, I presume Shizuru wants to apologize about that even if she isn't totally convinced on how she wronged her. First comes dealing with the zombies though.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 6, 9:05 AM
Dec 2020
The 7G incident caused the geographical distance between stations to be longer, and a quarrel could widen the psychological distance between two people too. Shizuru feared that Yoka would leave her for chasing her own dream, especially as Yoka's goal is far in the space. Hearing that must have shocked Shizuru, and she forgets that denying someone's dreams could harm them. Shizuru names the train "Apogee," implying she and Yoka are at the farthest point for them, both physically and psychologically. Yet, Shizuru still attempts to get closer. Those who impulsively flee will want return once they calm down, just as Shizuru does. You'll always see the good in your friend despite their flaws and some conflicts between you and them, and eventually want to be back by their side. Both Shizuru and Yoka must feel the same.

This episode reveals more about the conflict between Shizuru and Yoka, I was a bit confused about the ED lyrics at first but now we have the answer! Hope to see they make up because they do care about each other (especially on Shizuru's side as we know now), and that's really just a small conflict. I believe Yoka knows Shizuru is that kind of person and she didn't intend to leave her like forever.
Antony000555May 6, 9:19 AM
May 6, 9:13 AM
Jan 2014
>they skipped the smoking pipe station and the sushi station entirely, and may have skipped the farting station (unless that was the broccoli station)

why do all of the promising original shows run out of budget by midseason
May 6, 9:17 AM
Nov 2022
Zombies, just what that world was missing, those 5G conspiracy theorists will be happy xDDDD
May 6, 9:35 AM

May 2015
Reply to AwkwardSpecimen
>they skipped the smoking pipe station and the sushi station entirely, and may have skipped the farting station (unless that was the broccoli station)

@AwkwardSpecimen pretty sure skipping stations has less to do with budget than it does with time constraints.
May 6, 9:35 AM

May 2015
Reply to AwkwardSpecimen

@AwkwardSpecimen pretty sure skipping stations has less to do with budget than it does with time constraints.
May 6, 10:10 AM
Sep 2021
So it's a zombie episode & also about the friendship/bond between the girls.
May 6, 10:52 AM

May 2019
I didn't think that Shizuru would've been irrational enough to not only leave the train but also the tracks and walk through an unknown forest at night but at least the dog followed her. Also, that zombie queen girl seems normal enough except for her skin tone so it makes me wonder if she's disguising herself as a zombie since she can talk like a regular person and eats what looks like corned beef (maybe she'll share with Shizuru).
May 6, 11:01 AM
Dec 2020
Great episode. A field of gigantic cauliflowers and zombies: a brilliant depiction of how eating too much and too few vegetables is unhealthy for you and that you require at least a little bit of meat to live healthy.

This episode also highlights that polarization drives people away and breaks friendships. It shows that polarization isn't caused by just one person.
May 6, 11:03 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Reply to Swagernator
So, Shizuru had a fight with Yoka, the night before Yoka disappeared ... because Shizuru did not wanted to "lose" Yoka to her big dreams she had about astronomy and all that .... and beacsue all Shizuru ever knew was being normal, and strive for normal things, she and Yoka had an argument over it.

Now the question is, what then, what will Shizuru's gonna do when she reaches her destination ... Oh and zombies ? xD
@Swagernator
Having Higurashi Gou/Sotsu flashbacks here.
May 6, 11:36 AM

Oct 2017
Youka had a big dream but Shizuru was an asian parent and kicked her in the gut saying nah that ain't realistic just study and get a job, RIP.

Disliked how the girls were just shifting the blame on the other. Also was wondering when they'll meet those guys again and it already happened, even if it was just for a short bit. The girls atleast came to the realisation that Shizuru's their friend and they won't abandon her. Oh and yeah ofc gotta have zombies.
May 6, 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
“Normal’s all you’ll ever be” holy shit Shizuru was a massive asshole to Yoka. Clearly taking out her own insecurities on her friend. Then she doubled down on it by saying she didn’t see anything wrong with what she said. No wonder Yoka ran away if your best friend shit on your dreams like that, it’s gotta feel like the end of the world.

Even when Shizuru was confronted by the other girls after revealing the truth to them, she still didn’t accept the blame and just ran away.. which btw is insanely stupid. A post apocalyptic world overrun by all sorts of monstrosities and you just run away in the middle of the night by yourself lmao 🤦🏽‍♂️

Zombies now? This show just gets wilder and wilder. Good thing Pocchi came with Shizuru because she’d be a goner otherwise. Wouldn’t have survived long enough for the Zombie “Queen” to come.

Bless Reimi’s heart for being so stupid 😭 she says the most random and inappropriate shit it just cracks me up. At least the girls realise Shizuru has a good heart and is still their friend, wonder how they’ll save her next week. This whole episode felt like a Higurashi Gou situation between Rika and Satoko.. hopefully we have a better ending
Marinate1016May 6, 12:11 PM
May 6, 12:23 PM

May 2019
Antony000555 said:
Shizuru names the train "Apogee," implying she and Yoka are at the farthest point for them, both physically and psychologically. Yet, Shizuru still attempts to get closer.

I was wondering what that whole segment was about; kinda made me confused on what the girls were talking about before the episode started, but at least it was cleared up later on. The OP sequence begins with the credits "原作 apogeego", so I wonder if that had something to do with it or, at the very least, explains the background for that name. Also might be the reason why the final scenes of the OP mainly show Shizuru and Yoka.

Nothing too interesting happened much in this episode—the first half was rather slow given how the girls stayed put for it—but it did offer interesting plot points and background to Shizuru's impetus for traveling to Ikebukuro to find Yoka. We did get a hint of this in episode 2 when Nadeshiko asked after leaving Agano, but at least we got more details with this episode. If you're reading this and expecting an in-depth explanation of what happened in this episode, I think you'd be better off seeing what someone else had since I'm not the best at explaining the overarching conflict that was exposed here—I'm only spitballing with my previous episode comments from details that I saw as I watched the episode.

Again, nothing really exciting happened this episode compared to previous weeks, but I wouldn't say to be a weak episode since it did provide some insights into Shizuru's character. When Reimi said "Shizuru-chan said all those awful things, but she's still my friend!," I felt it was very roundabout on the reasoning for how it got to that, but I guess it's something to wrap up the episode.

15 Stations, ~21 km left to Ikebukuro

Side note: It's always weird for me hearing the name of the Black Leopard caravan leader since it's the exact nickname as my username, albeit with a different honorific.
May 6, 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
Oh so we reached the part (from the OP) with zombies in the forest. Never heard of "stay still" as a strategy when encountering zombies...
May 6, 2:16 PM

Jun 2019
Not that the last episode was bad or I disliked it - There were several things which I enjoyed about it such as some of Zenjiro and the scientist's backstories (involving the forced brain surgery), some of the surrealism and comedic beats, as well as the King Kong film homage. But I enjoyed this episode still a great deal more. Probably because it was much more focused on the characters themselves and that means character drama. Like getting beyond the exterior surface layer closer toward their true feelings toward each other (or probably more accurately, a part of their true feelings), including the uglier, angry, resentful, and unsightly ones usually left out of friendly banter and polite conversations. Previously we had some of that already from Akira and Reimi, but it was nice to get more development on the Shizuka and Yoka fronts as well, including that window into the longer version of their past conversation before Yoka left Agano.

Anyway you slice it, Shizuka's comments were disgusting and completely unwarranted and unprovoked. Even worse and moreso because they were hidden behind that poisonous passive-aggressive falsity of "I'm just saying...No offense! Not insulting you or anything....but here's why you're garbage clueless about your own worth and place". I don't know if she said all that out of insecurity about her own life and the impending future, trying to "drag" Yoka down with her because she feels of low worth or too "normal" and "ordinary" herself to be successful after childhood and high school, and she's feeling uncertain about that future and anxious and self-loathing over her own uncertainty. Or if there is some other hidden motivation we don't know and which hasn't been revealed yet. Either a deeper character one or a plot-relevant one.

But again, anyway you frame it, the comments were despicable. But that just makes her more of an interesting character to me. She seems intelligent and free-spirited, yet very undecided and uncertain about her own future (even before the 7G incident). Though perhaps it's not a "yet", but she is undecided and uncertain because she's intelligent and free-spirited. Paralysis of options. The apocalypse fixed that somewhat, at least for the time being, and narrowed her options and focus.

Either way, even from the little bit we've gotten, Shizuka is such a different character from Chisato it's unreal.
WatchTillTandavaMay 6, 2:23 PM
May 6, 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Was Nadeko always busty like that and I only noticed just now or I'm just tripping?

And you won't convince me, that this Zombie Girl is not the same character.
PiromyslMay 6, 3:53 PM

May 6, 4:31 PM
May 2023
Friendship and Zombies eps, It really gives off a higurashi vibe in this episode, especially regarding the friendship.

So now we know why Yoka wants to go to Ikebukuro, Shizuru being an Asian mother isn't surprising.

So, the theory about this all happening because of Yoka and her thoughts is increasingly convincing that she is the cause.

Waiting to see how Nadeko and the others will save Shizuru from the zombies.
May 6, 5:18 PM

Sep 2020
Putting aside Akira and maybe Youka, the three other girls are surprisingly good fighters.
Nadeshiko practices that weird melee archery combat style, Reimi can go berserk and smash everything and everyone in her path and Shizuru can handle hand to hand combat with bears and zombies.
May 6, 5:23 PM
Jan 2024
This episode was kind of bad but well let's hope it gets better
May 6, 5:41 PM
Dec 2019
I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stops were skipped, especially since a map with hints was provided in an earlier episode. Just some passing glimpses would have been nice but the episode was good nonetheless. The Shizuka/Yoka flashback made it more clear why the world is the way it is. Perhaps the point of the world change was to break Shizuka's stubborn lack of ambition through forcing her on an adventure out of her small town?
May 6, 5:49 PM
Oct 2019
Apogee, what a name huh so poetic for their relationship.

So finally we learn why they have a fight and Youka leaving Agano, yeahh i can't defend you anymore girl.
I think she has obsessive towards Youka, ngl kinda reminds me of Satoko and Rika from Higurashi.

Now we goes into Zombie station, so looking on the map again they skipping some station. (probably because they only have 12 episodes limit?)
May 6, 5:57 PM

Jul 2022
I'm not sure if Shizuru tried to shatter Yoka's dreams to keep her with them or if she was just being too honest, but whatever the reason, what she said understandably hurt Yoka. I hope she realizes and learns from it. Plus, she gets into fights with everyone, gets off the train, and walks alone at night in the forest with an old dog like Pochi, when that vast world is full of unknown dangers. Now, she's not the only one who's done wrong; what Nadeko did by continuing to criticize her and playing the victim wasn't very right either. She also erred on the side of being too direct or honest this time.

Now, the really important thing is to see how Shizuru escapes from the zombies. Luckily, they had a benevolent waifu and weren't really savage, but it doesn't look like they're just going to let her go.

PS: Long live Pochi, I hope nothing happens to him; that would kill me. And as for the "Black Leopard Company," why do they seem to be the only humans not suffering from mutations? Where they're from and who they really are is a mystery to me.
May 6, 7:04 PM
May 2017
I love the girls. The four of them.

This excellent episode communicated with zombie fans.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 6, 7:17 PM

Sep 2021
Shizuru was such a kid this episode. As if the world isn't dangerous enough (2/3s of the stops were a literal assault on the train!), going outside and leaving the tracks of all things was sure to end up like this...

I like the Dark Gathering vibes from this episode though. As usual, impossible to tell what's coming next.
May 6, 9:03 PM
Mar 2015
The zombies will get you if you do not watch out
May 6, 9:26 PM

Nov 2023
It's such a 200 IQ move to leave your group after everything that has happened in the last five episodes and expect that you'll be able to get to Ikebukuro by yourself.

Also, zombies. 

May 6, 9:34 PM
Apr 2024
It's unfortunate that an original anime with such a unique and fresh concept is being ruined by the characters.

Even after all they've seen, the many near-death experiences, not knowing what could be out there, Shizuru decides to leave the train to walk alone at night, and then goes off the tracks and into a forest. The 3 girls on the train just sleep it off, saying "it'd be awkward if we didn't wait until morning to look for her!". God these characters are so unbelievably dumb that it's impossible to enjoy their journey.

The words that Shizuru said to Yoka weren't just insensitive, they were vile. You'd have to be a bit psychotic to say that to your friend. And she still doesn't feel like she did anything wrong? Also what was her deal when Pochi was puking, and she was just so nonchalant about it? This is supposed to be the main character that we root for...?
Marinate1016 said:
I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.
May 6, 10:54 PM

Nov 2021
Pochi san is a real one
May 6, 11:22 PM

Dec 2023
"Man, sure would be a shame if I were to wander off into this world that I know is full of horrific, potentially lethal dangers on my own almost purely out of spite. Oh no, dangers!"
Weakest episode so far just because of that. A really clunky way to have the girls face the new threat.
May 6, 11:52 PM

Jun 2019
Agree about Shizuru's comments being vile, but on this point:

stevejawbs said:
Even after all they've seen, the many near-death experiences, not knowing what could be out there, Shizuru decides to leave the train to walk alone at night, and then goes off the tracks and into a forest. The 3 girls on the train just sleep it off, saying "it'd be awkward if we didn't wait until morning to look for her!". God these characters are so unbelievably dumb that it's impossible to enjoy their journey.

Their actions and thought process may be considered dumb, but hey, that's realistic. People do and make dumb decisions all the time, or ones which outside observers would widely consider as such. Especially in a volatile and uncertain, high stress situation, and we're talking about mid-teenagers.

StallionXD said:
sure it maybe was kinda harsh

"Kinda harsh"? Give me a break. The comments were simply disgusting. Why would anyone stand for being spoken to like that by anyone else and just be expected to stand there or remain in place and take it calmly and well? Least of all from a person who you have some established relationship and trust with and who you care for and is supposed to care for you, like a friend or family member.

She basically told her that her aspirations were silly, she'll never amount for what she's striving for, and she's just a fool being delusional or full of herself for having any confidence in or desires or hope for her life and future. Honestly, running away and not ever speaking to Shizuru since that incident is one of the more mild reactions she could have to that attack on her character, interests, and worth as a person. A lot of people would have flipped out verbally or even physically (which, I don't approve of the latter of physical violence over any mere words, but fights have been started over far less).
WatchTillTandavaMay 7, 12:02 AM
May 7, 12:06 AM
Nov 2018
@Piromysl Reality was ripped apart by the 7g's. Both are a possibility of being the new truth.
May 7, 12:08 AM

Feb 2016
I like Shizuru, I think she is great, cool and cute. She didn't do anything wrong, sure maybe it was kinda harsh but she didn't say all that with ill intent, is fine to be realistic, why would she be in the wrong for saying what she thinks? If that hurt Youka then she should have said that she was going to prove her wrong or something, not run away like that, she was the one in the wrong here for reacting so poorly.
Now the plot tries to show us that this time Shizuru reacted the same way, she leaves the group because she felt bad, and that was wrong, so? "The world being dangerous af" stuff aside, why is it ok for Youka to ran away from her friend like that, but not for Shizuru to do the same? In fact, this was worst because it was a 3v1 lol
Also, what she says is the truth, she keeps saying that she didn't asked anyone to come with her, that everyone is there on their own will, and we are supposed to feel like she is talking shit, when we KNOW that was exactly the case, everyone (even the dog) jumped on the moving train on their own, she didn't said or ask anything to them, they weren't even supposed to reach her on time before her departure, all of this makes me think the plot is tryng so hard to judge her in wrong ways but fails at it hard 🫤

Btw, seeing her fight the zombies was badass 🔥

I WANNA HUG NADESHIKO SO BADLY, GOD DAMMIT ❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 7, 12:22 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Agree about Shizuru's comments being vile, but on this point:

stevejawbs said:

Their actions and thought process may be considered dumb, but hey, that's realistic. People do and make dumb decisions all the time, or ones which outside observers would widely consider as such. Especially in a volatile and uncertain, high stress situation, and we're talking about mid-teenagers.

StallionXD said:
sure it maybe was kinda harsh

"Kinda harsh"? Give me a break. The comments were simply disgusting. Why would anyone stand for being spoken to like that by anyone else and just be expected to stand there or remain in place and take it calmly and well? Least of all from a person who you have some established relationship and trust with and who you care for and is supposed to care for you, like a friend or family member.

She basically told her that her aspirations were silly, she'll never amount for what she's striving for, and she's just a fool being delusional or full of herself for having any confidence in or desires or hope for her life and future. Honestly, running away and not ever speaking to Shizuru since that incident is one of the more mild reactions she could have to that attack on her character, interests, and worth as a person. A lot of people would have flipped out verbally or even physically (which, I don't approve of the latter of physical violence over any mere words, but fights have been started over far less).
@WatchTillTandava Yeah, it was kinda harsh, and I'm not gonna give you a break because idk who tf u are and Youka breaking a friendship over that was stupid. You are judging someone for being realistic, for saying what she thinks and feels, and I can't judge Youka for instead of facing her comments she opted for running away? Instead of proving her friend wrong she just escapes and breaks the relationship, woah, what a great fkng friend she is.
Last week we had a deep look at Akira and Reimi's friendship, Akira has always been a fkng troll, but did Reimi ran away? Of course not, so why after seeing that I must feel sorry for Youka leaving her "friend" like that over nothing?
Say whatever you want, Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind, if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao 🤣
Btw, cry about it.
May 7, 12:26 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to AwkwardSpecimen

@AwkwardSpecimen ikr, that sucks, there is a total of 30 stations, since some of them can be skipped but others need more time for plot this show should had at least 24 episodes, what a sad mistake.
Btw, cry about it.
May 7, 12:45 AM

Jun 2019
StallionXD said:
Yeah, it was kinda harsh, and I'm not gonna give you a break because idk who tf u are and Youka breaking a friendship over that was stupid. You are judging someone for being realistic, for saying what she thinks and feels, and I can't judge Youka for instead of facing her comments she opted for running away? Instead of proving her friend wrong she just escapes and breaks the relationship, woah, what a great fkng friend she is.
Last week we had a deep look at Akira and Reimi's friendship, Akira has always been a fkng troll, but did Reimi ran away? Of course not, so why after seeing that I must feel sorry for Youka leaving her "friend" like that over nothing?
Say whatever you want, Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind, if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao

"Give me a break" is just an expression; a figure of speech. Another way of saying "Come on" or "Get real", kind of expressing disbelief or disagreement with someone's statement.

We don't actually know if she was being realistic or even being what she herself considers "realistic" or intentionally using that type of talk to try to hurt Yoka's self-esteem deliberately and keep her in Agano for selfish reasons, or some other deeper yet unrevealed motive, so just saying it's her being "realistic" doesn't seem accurate or like it's giving the full picture here.

Also, who says you "can't" judge Yoka? Of course you can just like I'm judging Shizuru's actions, or judging your words about the scene and you're judging mine. That's all part of what a discussion is and there's nothing wrong with it. Good on the show for encouraging interesting discussions and debates.

StallionXD said:
Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind

I say she did something quite wrong and pretty disgusting, but no, I agree that I won't change your mind and nor will you change mine, and I think that's perfectly fine. I'm not interested in winning converts or think there is only one correct opinion. It's just good to air and vocalize these differing and opposing views.

About this comment in particular though:

StallionXD said:
if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao

I think you've gotten the wrong impression. I don't despise her at all. She's actually probably my favorite of the five main girl characters. She's a very good (I won't say "great" yet unless and until she has more development later on) character. You don't have to like or agree with someone's thoughts, statements, or actions to think they serve an important role in the story and show and are a good character. You don't have to like them as a person. But even as a person there are aspects of her I like. She seems intelligent, respectably stubborn and unwilling to be pushed around or conform to a crowd, free-spirited, and has signs of greater depth. But liking a character or even liking them as a person (just like liking a person in real life) doesn't equate to agreeing with and supporting everything they do.
WatchTillTandavaMay 7, 12:51 AM
May 7, 1:11 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to WatchTillTandava
StallionXD said:
Yeah, it was kinda harsh, and I'm not gonna give you a break because idk who tf u are and Youka breaking a friendship over that was stupid. You are judging someone for being realistic, for saying what she thinks and feels, and I can't judge Youka for instead of facing her comments she opted for running away? Instead of proving her friend wrong she just escapes and breaks the relationship, woah, what a great fkng friend she is.
Say whatever you want, Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind, if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao

"Give me a break" is just an expression; a figure of speech. Another way of saying "Come on" or "Get real", kind of expressing disbelief or disagreement with someone's statement.

We don't actually know if she was being realistic or even being what she herself considers "realistic" or intentionally using that type of talk to try to hurt Yoka's self-esteem deliberately and keep her in Agano for selfish reasons, or some other deeper yet unrevealed motive, so just saying it's her being "realistic" doesn't seem accurate or like it's giving the full picture here.

Also, who says you "can't" judge Yoka? Of course you can just like I'm judging Shizuru's actions, or judging your words about the scene and you're judging mine. That's all part of what a discussion is and there's nothing wrong with it. Good on the show for encouraging interesting discussions and debates.

StallionXD said:
Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind

I say she did something quite wrong and pretty disgusting, but no, I agree that I won't change your mind and nor will you change mine, and I think that's perfectly fine. I'm not interested in winning converts or think there is only one correct opinion. It's just good to air and vocalize these differing and opposing views.

About this comment in particular though:

StallionXD said:
if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao

I think you've gotten the wrong impression. I don't despise her at all. She's actually probably my favorite of the five main girl characters. She's a very good (I won't say "great" yet unless and until she has more development later on) character. You don't have to like or agree with someone's thoughts, statements, or actions to think they serve an important role in the story and show and are a good character. You don't have to like them as a person. But even as a person there are aspects of her I like. She seems intelligent, respectably stubborn and unwilling to be pushed around or conform to a crowd, free-spirited, and has signs of greater depth. But liking a character or even liking them as a person (just like liking a person in real life) doesn't equate to agreeing with and supporting everything they do.
@WatchTillTandava I know what "Give me a break" is dude lmao
Whatever, too much text, but it's ok if you think in a different way, bla bla bla.
I just think that the show, out of nowhere, tried way too hard to judge Shizuru this episode and people shitting on her is kinda nuts but whatever, I don't care, she still did nothing wrong 😴
Btw, cry about it.
May 7, 1:14 AM

Mar 2008
Shizuru was being pretty mean to Yoka. Not like Yoka was trying to ditch her forever people that go into space just are there a a few months but Shizuru was acting like she was hurt.

StallionXD said:
Say whatever you want, Shizuru did nothing wrong and u won't change my mind, if you don't like a protagonist for being like that then wtf r u doing here, because for the way u talk I can see you fkng despise the poor girl lmao 🤣

She wasnt being a realist. Just look at the attitude she had and how she was acting upset. Nothing Yoka said was all that unrealistic, she literally had a detailed plan that is completely accurate so she clearly knew what she is doing.
traedMay 7, 1:23 AM
May 7, 1:15 AM

Jun 2019
StallionXD said:
I know what "Give me a break" is dude lmao

Well, you seemed to react and respond to it as if it was a literal statement, so I was just following up and responding to that.

As for everything else, as you said, "whatever" - We can agree to disagree and I don't think it will be a fruitful or productive conversation because we think too differently, so it is what it is.
May 7, 2:56 AM

Jun 2020
This episode mainly focused on the characters which was a nice change of pace but I wish it didn't take another kidnapping plot right after we just finished one

May 7, 3:14 AM
Feb 2024
After everything that happened in previous episodes, I found the appearance of full zombies in this episode almost too normal and much less crazy than some others 😂😂😂
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I think this show and.. are the surprise hits this season!

LordKirkis - Yesterday

17 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3

43 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

94 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

71 by BonBonToro »»
Jun 4, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

55 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jun 4, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.